NATION

PASSWORD

The creepy double standards of Female rape.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Antityranicals
Minister

Founded: May 18, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Antityranicals » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:48 pm

Cantelo wrote:
Antityranicals wrote:Why is it that just because I don't believe that people should be jailed for something that I am suddenly supporting it? The law doesn't exist to push forward morality, it exists to protect people from having their rights violated. And given how my rights are mine, and nobody else's, if I decide, with the full power and capability to do something about it, that my rights are not being violated, they are, in fact, not being violated. And I hate to break it to you, but adults prey sexually on adults all of the time. The exact same arguments you use about predators and sex with minors could be used to ban premarital sex altogether. However, a toxic relationship, however horrible, is not a crime unless someone's rights are being violated. And you're starting to get into scary territory. If the law doesn't exist for the benefit of the victim, who exactly does it exist for?

You may be surprised to learn that adults who prey on adults are also rapists, manipulators, and overall horrifically toxic people. Adults that do that to children are even worse because children do not have the same maturity, weariness, or understanding of how adults function.

Any sexual encounter between an adult and a child is rape because the child isn’t mature enough to consent. I don’t give a fuck about what paper-thin pseudo-intellectual reasoning you might give to support child rape, but it’s objectively wrong. You are effectively condoning and supporting the legal definition of child rape, there is zero way for you to pretzel that into some pretentiously philosophical argument in favor of granting kids the ability to get strong armed into having sex with predators.

Being a horrible person isn't a crime. What I am supporting is not a decriminalization, but a refocusing of criminal justice on what matters: ensuring that the victim is recompensed for harms done against him or her. Everything else is just the state flexing. If a rape victim wants his or her rapist sentenced to a life of hard labor, with the proceeds going to said victim, I am entirely in favor of that happening. However, you forget that in order for an act to be rape, it must be non-consensual. And I'm afraid that absolutely nobody but the victim will ever be in a position to determine that.
Last edited by Antityranicals on Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Compass: Right: 9.94, Libertarian: -5.84
Catholic Libertarian. Gov't has no authority, all authority is from God. God grants us free will, gov't should not infringe upon it. Legislating morality is wrong. Only exception is protecting rights to life, liberty, and property. Abortion is killing an infant, one of the few things gov't should prevent. Pro-Trump, he's been an effective weapon against real enemies of freedom: The Left, but I wish he were more for free trade, more against deficits. Unrestrained capitalism is a great thing; it does wonders for standards of living of everyone, especially the poor.
HS student in the USA. Male. XC runner, 17:30 5k, 4:59 mile. I enjoy singing, sushi, eating large quantities of food, and eating large quantities of sushi.

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:52 pm

Antityranicals wrote:
Cantelo wrote:
You may be surprised to learn that adults who prey on adults are also rapists, manipulators, and overall horrifically toxic people. Adults that do that to children are even worse because children do not have the same maturity, weariness, or understanding of how adults function.

Any sexual encounter between an adult and a child is rape because the child isn’t mature enough to consent. I don’t give a fuck about what paper-thin pseudo-intellectual reasoning you might give to support child rape, but it’s objectively wrong. You are effectively condoning and supporting the legal definition of child rape, there is zero way for you to pretzel that into some pretentiously philosophical argument in favor of granting kids the ability to get strong armed into having sex with predators.

Being a horrible person isn't a crime.

Literally it is there are so many crimes that we've written down and agreed on as a society for this exact reason
Biden-Santos Thought cadre

Cantelo
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 28, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cantelo » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:00 pm

Antityranicals wrote:
Cantelo wrote:

Being a horrible person isn't a crime. What I am supporting is not a decriminalization, but a refocusing of criminal justice on what matters: ensuring that the victim is recompensed for harms done against him or her. Everything else is just the state flexing. If a rape victim wants his or her rapist sentenced to a life of hard labor, with the proceeds going to said victim, I am entirely in favor of that happening. However, you forget that in order for an act to be rape, it must be non-consensual. And I'm afraid that absolutely nobody but the victim will ever be in a position to determine that.

Holy fuck, dude,

Children and adults cannot have sexual relations.

Children cannot consent by default. We are talking about children being molested, sexually abused, raped, and taken advantage of by adults. The only people who would seek out sex with a minor are people who are inherently predatory, there is nothing of value to be gained from allowing children the right to consent because they just aren’t fucking developed enough mentally (and physically) to consent to that. It’s the job of society to protect children, and protecting them from those who seek to harm them is crucial even when the child is too fucking dumb to understand what it is that may harm them.

Do you understand how hard it is to not break the forum rules right now? Because I’m very upset at the fact you are trying to defend pedophilia. Don’t fucking tell me you aren’t, because it boils down to you implying that pedophiles should have a right to have sex with children and it should be legalized.

It’s fucking disgusting. Your argument is just gross and a giant turd wrapped in pseudo-intellectual thought.
Last edited by Cantelo on Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forever a Pilgrim; Oviedo - Santiago de Compostela 370km
Kingdom of Cantelo - Reín de Cantelo - Regne de Cantelo - Reialme de Cantelo
At a Glance | Cardona Journal | Queen Isabella I | Parliament of Cantelo | National Anthem of Cantelo
I like making flags for fun, shoot me a telegram if you’d like one made!
Spanish-American college student with an addiction to sushi. Political Compass

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:07 pm

Cantelo wrote:
Antityranicals wrote:Being a horrible person isn't a crime. What I am supporting is not a decriminalization, but a refocusing of criminal justice on what matters: ensuring that the victim is recompensed for harms done against him or her. Everything else is just the state flexing. If a rape victim wants his or her rapist sentenced to a life of hard labor, with the proceeds going to said victim, I am entirely in favor of that happening. However, you forget that in order for an act to be rape, it must be non-consensual. And I'm afraid that absolutely nobody but the victim will ever be in a position to determine that.

Holy fuck, dude,

Children cannot consent by default. We are talking about children being molested, sexually abused, raped, and taken advantage of by adults. The only people who would seek out sex with a minor are people who are inherently predatory, there is nothing of value to be gained from allowing children the right to consent because they just aren’t fucking developed enough mentally (and physically) to consent to that. It’s the job of society to protect children, and protecting them from those who seek to harm them is crucial even when the child is too fucking dumb to understand what it is that may harm them.

Do you understand how hard it is to not break the forum rules right now? Because I’m very upset at the fact you are trying to defend pedophilia. Don’t fucking tell me you aren’t, because it boils down to you implying that pedophiles should have a right to have sex with children and it should be legalized.

It’s fucking disgusting. Your argument is just gross and a giant turd wrapped in pseudo-intellectual thought.

The meme is writing itself.
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:10 pm

Costa Fierro wrote:
Cantelo wrote:
Holy fuck, dude,

The meme is writing itself.

"Say 'ephebophilia' and your journey to the meme side will be complete!" :p
Biden-Santos Thought cadre

Neanderthaland
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:26 pm

Galloism wrote:
Antityranicals wrote:A crime is not against the state, a crime is against a person. And the state prosecuting a crime that the victim doesn't want prosecuted is as ridiculous as arresting one of two consenting adults having sex for rape.

How do you prosecute murder?

By definition, the victim doesn’t want the crime prosecuted.

Call in a medium to determine if their house is haunted.
Ug make fire. Mod ban Ug.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Cannot think of a name » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:27 pm

Neanderthaland wrote:
Galloism wrote:How do you prosecute murder?

By definition, the victim doesn’t want the crime prosecuted.

Call in a medium to determine if their house is haunted.

If a haunting ghost kills you traumatically and you become a ghost, who do you haunt?
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Neanderthaland
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:31 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Neanderthaland wrote:Call in a medium to determine if their house is haunted.

If a haunting ghost kills you traumatically and you become a ghost, who do you haunt?

hauntception.
Ug make fire. Mod ban Ug.

Red Roja
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Red Roja » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:35 pm

This is why I feel extra bad for male rape victims. Not only did they go through a potentially traumatic and psychologically damaging experience, but they also face even more stigma than female victims because female on male rape is taken far less seriously by society. I remember a few years ago I saw a news story about a guy that shot himself in the head. It turned out that he was raped by a woman and when he went to the police, they just laughed at him and his wife left him because she thought the rape was just a lie to cover up an affair.

Male privilege, anyone?
I hate conservatism. But, I REALLY FUCKING HATE LIBERALISM!!!!!!

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:16 am

Cannot think of a name wrote:
New haven america wrote:In a lot of areas it kinda is.

Like how in a lot of places a women even being minorly intoxicated and having sex with a man of any intoxication level makes the man a rapist, but a drunk man can have sex with a sober women and it's seen as perfectly fine.

See:The part of the post you didn't bold.

Yeah, and I was using IRL examples instead of hypotheticals.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:20 am

New haven america wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:See:The part of the post you didn't bold.

Yeah, and I was using IRL examples instead of hypotheticals.

Um...okay. Sure.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

The Grims
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grims » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:33 am

Galloism wrote:Today on NS, “is it wrong for women to commit statutory rape?”

26 year old female teacher has sex with 14 year old boy.
The internet: nice.

26 year old male teacher has sex with 14 year old girl.
The internet: rip his dick off, the pedo !

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:06 am

Rape is Rape, doesnt matter if you have a dick or an vagina, you do it your a cunt. And i hate the attitude some people have that an adult woman fucking a male child is somehow not as bad as the reverse.

I had a conversation like this in uni with two male students in my group at lunch once (it was over something that was in the news, i think in america iirc it was like 4 years ago), and one of them was firmly in the camp that it was every boys dream and how it wasnt as bad.

Pissed me off then, pissed me off now. Its not nice, he is not lucky, its fucking rape end of.
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

LRON
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby LRON » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:20 am

Antityranicals wrote:
Galloism wrote:No, they literally can’t, because then whether or not it was a crime is based on the subjective later feelings of another, not any action the accused took or didn’t take.

Maybe, but that's irrelevant. If a someone had no quarrel with someone, there is no need for the state to intervene on his or her behalf.

I congratulate you on your decision to join the priesthood.
Ravenous, ridiculous, and rakish!
Political fixer turned novelist.
Upper Class Anglo-Indian.
Proud Tory, but no longer a member of the Conservative Party.
Enthusiastically eccentric.

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:10 am

Rape is rape male or female. Teenagers can not consent. To suggest otherwise is a denial of reality. If a teacher has sex with a student then they need to be prosecuted.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Red Roja
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Red Roja » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:06 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:Rape is Rape, doesnt matter if you have a dick or an vagina, you do it your a cunt. And i hate the attitude some people have that an adult woman fucking a male child is somehow not as bad as the reverse.

I had a conversation like this in uni with two male students in my group at lunch once (it was over something that was in the news, i think in america iirc it was like 4 years ago), and one of them was firmly in the camp that it was every boys dream and how it wasnt as bad.

Pissed me off then, pissed me off now. Its not nice, he is not lucky, its fucking rape end of.

Sadly, the mentality of all guys secretly wanting it all the time is highly prevalent in all sectors of society.
I hate conservatism. But, I REALLY FUCKING HATE LIBERALISM!!!!!!

Jebslund
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Jebslund » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:18 am

Antityranicals wrote:
Geneviev wrote:Doing it like that risks endangering a lot more children. The government has a duty to protect its citizens from things like rape, not allow it for longer.

If it's consensual, it's not rape. How is that complicated?

Consider the following: Your boss wants to have sex with you. She has the power to ensure you will be fired and blacklisted from the industry you work in if you piss her off. You have no way of knowing whether or not she will use it, and you are not sure you want to have sex with her. No explicit threats are made, but there is an implicit one, whether or not she intends there to be one, that refusing will be the end of your career. You have no prospects in other lines of work, as, in this hypothetical, you are of an age where other workplaces will happily make shit up to say you are not qualified to work for them, or just call you overqualified, and you have no way of proving your age was the deciding factor. You cannot rely on your friends or family to support you should you be fired for refusing her, as they consider her to be attractive (even though you do not) and therefore think you would be lucky to get a shot at her and an irredeemable fool to refuse her.. One day, she makes several hints at wanting you in her bed, and, at the end of the day, asks you outright.

Is there any sensible answer to her invitation but to accept and hope it's over quickly?
Last edited by Jebslund on Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jebslund is a nation of kerbals ruled by Emperor Jebediah Kerman. We reject tyranny, believing that rights should be protected, though we also believe said rights end where the rights of others begin.
Shockingly, we *do* use NS stats, with the exception of lifespan.
Singular sapient: Jebslunder
Plural Sapient: Jebslunden
Singular/Plural nonsapient: Kermanic
Note: When a verb can logically only be done by the sapient using/piloting/holding the object in question, then the appropriate demonym for the number of sapients is used.

Capitalism, Socialism, and Communism are ECONOMIC SYSTEMS. Stop conflating them with political systems.

LimaUniformNovemberAlpha
Senator

Founded: Apr 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby LimaUniformNovemberAlpha » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:05 am

You know, when I was 14, I was way too obsessed with one particular girl to be open to the advances of other teenage girls, let alone grown women. But I was not a representative sample of males. If anything, the fact that I'm often mistaken for speaking from personal experience when I call females the pickier sex is a testament to how opposite I am from normal males.

The "males are horndogs" stereotype has been vindicated by the irrationality of those who dispute it. If women who have sex with underage boys doubt that what they're doing is wrong, it's not their fault.
Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:1. The PRC is not a Communist State, as it has shown absolutely zero interest in achieving Communism.
2. The CCP is not a Communist Party, as it has shown absolutely zero interest in achieving Communism.
3. Xi Jinping and his cronies are not Communists, as they have shown absolutely zero interest in achieving Communism.

How do we know this? Because the first step toward Communism is Socialism, and none of the aforementioned are even remotely Socialist in any way, shape, or form.

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:29 am

LimaUniformNovemberAlpha wrote:You know, when I was 14, I was way too obsessed with one particular girl to be open to the advances of other teenage girls, let alone grown women. But I was not a representative sample of males. If anything, the fact that I'm often mistaken for speaking from personal experience when I call females the pickier sex is a testament to how opposite I am from normal males.

The "males are horndogs" stereotype has been vindicated by the irrationality of those who dispute it. If women who have sex with underage boys doubt that what they're doing is wrong, it's not their fault.

What the fuck even is this? The idea that it is okay for grown females to have sex with underage males because they “want it” is a blatant lie. Underage people cannot consent as it is not informed consent and any grown person should know this and not act on this. A grown woman having sex with an underage male is not consenting sex or something that is remotely okay.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:32 am

LimaUniformNovemberAlpha wrote:You know, when I was 14, I was way too obsessed with one particular girl to be open to the advances of other teenage girls, let alone grown women. But I was not a representative sample of males. If anything, the fact that I'm often mistaken for speaking from personal experience when I call females the pickier sex is a testament to how opposite I am from normal males.

Absolute fucking bollocks, have some faith in your own gender for once.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

LimaUniformNovemberAlpha
Senator

Founded: Apr 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby LimaUniformNovemberAlpha » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:37 am

Andsed wrote:

What the fuck even is this? The idea that it is okay for grown females to have sex with underage males because they “want it” is a blatant lie. Underage people cannot consent as it is not informed consent and any grown person should know this and not act on this. A grown woman having sex with an underage male is not consenting sex or something that is remotely okay.

But if they want it because they aren't picky, wouldn't they be less likely to regret it for the same reason?
Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:1. The PRC is not a Communist State, as it has shown absolutely zero interest in achieving Communism.
2. The CCP is not a Communist Party, as it has shown absolutely zero interest in achieving Communism.
3. Xi Jinping and his cronies are not Communists, as they have shown absolutely zero interest in achieving Communism.

How do we know this? Because the first step toward Communism is Socialism, and none of the aforementioned are even remotely Socialist in any way, shape, or form.

Cantelo
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 28, 2016

Postby Cantelo » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:39 am

LimaUniformNovemberAlpha wrote:
Andsed wrote:What the fuck even is this? The idea that it is okay for grown females to have sex with underage males because they “want it” is a blatant lie. Underage people cannot consent as it is not informed consent and any grown person should know this and not act on this. A grown woman having sex with an underage male is not consenting sex or something that is remotely okay.

But if they want it because they aren't picky, wouldn't they be less likely to regret it for the same reason?

Whether or not both parties want it, it's still illegal because a child cannot consent. Any adult attempting to have sex with a minor is inherently taking advantage of the fact that a child's consent is uninformed and coming from the immature opinion of an underaged person.
Forever a Pilgrim; Oviedo - Santiago de Compostela 370km
Kingdom of Cantelo - Reín de Cantelo - Regne de Cantelo - Reialme de Cantelo
At a Glance | Cardona Journal | Queen Isabella I | Parliament of Cantelo | National Anthem of Cantelo
I like making flags for fun, shoot me a telegram if you’d like one made!
Spanish-American college student with an addiction to sushi. Political Compass

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:59 am

LimaUniformNovemberAlpha wrote:
Andsed wrote:What the fuck even is this? The idea that it is okay for grown females to have sex with underage males because they “want it” is a blatant lie. Underage people cannot consent as it is not informed consent and any grown person should know this and not act on this. A grown woman having sex with an underage male is not consenting sex or something that is remotely okay.

Whether they want it is not relevant here. This is about how minors cannot consent and how utterly unacceptable for adults to exploit that regardless of gender.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:00 am

Laws concerning sex crimes should be blind to gender and sexist double standards should be publicly refuted.
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

Estanglia
Senator

Founded: Dec 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Estanglia » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:06 am

Rape is rape. Raping a boy is as bad as raping a girl, and justifying either is despicable.
Yeah: Egalitarianism, equality
Meh: Labour, the EU
Nah: pointless discrimination, authoritarianism, Brexit, Trump, both American parties, the Conservatives
I flop between "optimistic about the future" and "pessimistic about the future" every time I go on NSG.

(Taken 29/08/2020)
Political compass test:
Economic Left/Right: -6.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.05

8values thinks I'm a Libertarian Socialist.

Torrocca wrote:"Your honor, it was not mein fault! I didn't order the systematic genocide of millions of people, it was the twenty kilograms of pure-cut Bavarian cocaine that did it!"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General