NATION

PASSWORD

German fascist form regional coalition with centre-right

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Proctopeo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Proctopeo » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:35 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Proctopeo wrote:There "should be"? Either you're making a baseless claim or you want there to be more people with such beliefs in the US.
And, yes, "low hundreds" was a low estimate, but the point made by the estimate still remains sound: the number of these people is too low for them to have been any more than a drop in the bucket, turnout-wise.

I was confused because the recent discussion chain was about Donald Trump being elected God-King of America by the KKK.

A "Nazi" is a member of the NSDAP; a "neo-Nazi" is someone who mostly aligns with the beliefs of the Nazis - if they're too different from the beliefs of the Nazis, they're not a neo-Nazi, though they may still be a fascist/ultranationalist/anti-semite. These four things aren't synonymous with each other.

It can be. Especially if accusations of being a Nazi are unfounded and ridiculous, as they often are.

Was trump elected because of nazis? Probably not
Was trump elected because of fascists? Maybe
Was trump elected because of racism? I would say almost certainly considering half his platform was "arabs bad, Mexicans bad, need more immigrants from norway!"

I'd add some nuance to that and say "partially"; he also ran heavily on "draining the swamp"/going against the establishment politicians, as well as not being Hillary Clinton.
Arachno-anarchism || NO GODS NO MASTERS || Free NSG Odreria

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:39 pm

Proctopeo wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:
Was trump elected because of nazis? Probably not
Was trump elected because of fascists? Maybe
Was trump elected because of racism? I would say almost certainly considering half his platform was "arabs bad, Mexicans bad, need more immigrants from norway!"

I'd add some nuance to that and say "partially"; he also ran heavily on "draining the swamp"/going against the establishment politicians, as well as not being Hillary Clinton.

My point was that racism isn't totally the same as fascism and fascism isn't just nazism. Actual nazis in america are maybe 5% of the population. White supremacists are probably more like 25% at least
Last edited by Rojava Free State on Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Proctopeo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Proctopeo » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:41 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Proctopeo wrote:I'd add some nuance to that and say "partially"; he also ran heavily on "draining the swamp"/going against the establishment politicians, as well as not being Hillary Clinton.

My point was that racism isn't totally the same as fascism and fascism isn't just nazism. Actual nazis in america are maybe 5% of the population. White supremacists are probably more like 25% at least

Those are both extremely high estimates. I'd say more... 0.002% Nazis, 0.05% any brand of racial supremacist.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:58 pm

Proctopeo wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

Those are both extremely high estimates. I'd say more... 0.002% Nazis, 0.05% any brand of racial supremacist.

Not really. When polls indicate that about 25% of americans have an unfavorable view of arabs and 33% think most Latinos are illegals, it's clear white supremacy is afoot. White supremacy doesn't mean a clear thought out hierarchy like the one Richard Spencer has. It can be as little as "damn darkies need to go back to their country!"
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:58 pm

Conia Nammus wrote:Germans and some other european nations still have no shame. How do they dare to vote an xenophobic and anti-semitic party after they have killed 6 million innocent people? As a person of Jewish descendant this makes me insecure.

Not all germans voted for AfP.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:01 pm

Conia Nammus wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:
Not all germans voted for AfP.

AfD*

Yes, I am aware of this. But neither did the majority of Germans voted for Hitler yet he still became their chancellor. Germans and Europeans need to be carefull when they vote since many of them have a long history of comiting genocide against non-white people and slavery as well.

They also have a long history of committing violence against each other. Your point?

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:07 pm

Conia Nammus wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:
They also have a long history of committing violence against each other. Your point?

Yes, but it was not a large scale like the Holocaust. Also the violence was not racially motivated.

Ireland would like to speak with you on that. Also Poland and Russia would considering what the nazis did there. I know this is considered to be offensive, but the holocaust didnt solely target Jews. That's not to downplay how horrible the holocaust was for Jews, but you cant ignore Hitler's hatred for gypsies and slavs as well

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:23 pm

Conia Nammus wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:
Ireland would like to speak with you on that. Also Poland and Russia would considering what the nazis did there. I know this is considered to be offensive, but the holocaust didnt solely target Jews. That's not to downplay how horrible the holocaust was for Jews, but you cant ignore Hitler's hatred for gypsies and slavs as well

There was never a genocide on the Irish people as far I am aware of. There was skirmish between Protestant Brits and Catholic Irish people but it was not racially motivated-

As for Poles goes they were complicit in the Holocaust as many Poles were telling the Nazis where Jews were hidding. Poland also a large history of antisemitism and it goes even after World War II. Here are examples:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kielce_pogrom
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1968_Poli ... ish_origin

The Russians have also a big deal of antisemitism. Stalin was a Jew hater and greater Russian chauvisnist.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctors%27_plot

And before the Doctors plot there were pogroms in Czarist Russia.

I want you to answer a question for me. Does minimizing the extent of the holocaust make one a holocaust denier?

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:24 pm

From what I understand (correct me if I am wrong), the AfD supported the FDP candidate (without any prior consultation) to prevent the left-wing candidate from becoming PM.

So what? They did not form any formal coalition nor the FDP candidate wanted them in the government. From what I've read (again, correct me if I am wrong), he wanted centrist ministers. What's the big deal? They wouldn't be able to enforce their agenda nor was there any coalition.
Signature:

"I’ve just bitten a snake. Never mind me, I’ve got business to look after."
- Guo Jing ‘The Brave Archer’.

“In war, to keep the upper hand, you have to think two or three moves ahead of the enemy.”
- Char Aznable

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
- Sun Tzu

Proctopeo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Proctopeo » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:24 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Proctopeo wrote:Those are both extremely high estimates. I'd say more... 0.002% Nazis, 0.05% any brand of racial supremacist.

Not really. When polls indicate that about 25% of americans have an unfavorable view of arabs and 33% think most Latinos are illegals, it's clear white supremacy is afoot. White supremacy doesn't mean a clear thought out hierarchy like the one Richard Spencer has. It can be as little as "damn darkies need to go back to their country!"

That's just racism, not white supremacy.
Also, what polls?

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:28 pm

Proctopeo wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

That's just racism, not white supremacy.
Also, what polls?

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/arab-ame ... _b_5644041

https://nbclatino.com/2012/09/12/poll-1 ... ocumented/

These two, and the amount of people with unfavorable views of arabs has actually climbed. Also if you're white and you think most other races are inferior primitives compared to you, by default you are a white supremacist

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:31 pm

Conia Nammus wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:I want you to answer a question for me. Does minimizing the extent of the holocaust make one a holocaust denier?

Yes, I think so. Holocaust is a only a crime against Jews.

So you're a holocaust denier by your own definition then. Because you dodged what I said about the nazis targeting people besides Jews and said "poles were antisemitic!" You're totally ignoring and white washing the violence against others just so you can pretend your own ethnicity has a monopoly on being a victim of violence

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:34 pm

Sao Nova Europa wrote:From what I understand (correct me if I am wrong), the AfD supported the FDP candidate (without any prior consultation) to prevent the left-wing candidate from becoming PM.

So what? They did not form any formal coalition nor the FDP candidate wanted them in the government. From what I've read (again, correct me if I am wrong), he wanted centrist ministers. What's the big deal? They wouldn't be able to enforce their agenda nor was there any coalition.

Because oh noez ze eviluz AfD has shown their power and the FDP didn within 10 nano-seconds reject this ebil scheme by the nazis.

The end of democracy.

Loben The 2nd
Senator

Founded: Apr 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Loben The 2nd » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:49 pm

Conia Nammus wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:I want you to answer a question for me. Does minimizing the extent of the holocaust make one a holocaust denier?

Yes, I think so. Holocaust is a only a crime against Jews.

and 5 million others.
no quarter.
Satisfaction guaranteed.

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:55 pm

Conia Nammus wrote:There was never a genocide on the Irish people as far I am aware of.

An Gorta Mór

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:58 pm

Conia Nammus wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:
So you're a holocaust denier by your own definition then. Because you dodged what I said about the nazis targeting people besides Jews and said "poles were antisemitic!" You're totally ignoring and white washing the violence against others just so you can pretend your own ethnicity has a monopoly on being a victim of violence

This is an attempt to de-judaise the Holocaust. The origins of the Holocaust is in Christianity. Christians were told for century that Jews killed Jesus and that Jews need to be punished for this. This of course evolved into a racial thing over time.

De-judaize? No, it's an attempt to be more real about the holocaust, because folks like you wanna pretend that Hitler was simply anti Jewish and that jews have a monopoly on being victims of prejudice. Newsflash, they dont. Nazism's antisemitic rhetoric was simply one facet of a racist ideology that considered aryans superior to other peoples.

This is how folks like you play. You pretend that only jews were victimized by the holocaust and then when someone points out the fact that no they were not the only victims, you accuse them of being antisemitic.
Last edited by Rojava Free State on Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:59 pm

Heloin wrote:
Conia Nammus wrote:There was never a genocide on the Irish people as far I am aware of.

An Gorta Mór

But heloin, they didnt shove them in gas chambers. All the British did was block aid from reaching ireland and let people starve to death so that the plantation of the island would be easier, which is somehow better

The united American-Isreali empire
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 09, 2019
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The united American-Isreali empire » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:01 pm

eh i can think of worse, ns has far more leftists then right wing.

The united American-Isreali empire
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 09, 2019
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The united American-Isreali empire » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:05 pm

i support the region i am in however, i like it. i do like to see any counter to the fact we are vastly outnumbered.

Tarsonis
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 20, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Tarsonis » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:15 pm

Conia Nammus wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

This is an attempt to de-judaise the Holocaust. The origins of the Holocaust is in Christianity. Christians were told for century that Jews killed Jesus and that Jews need to be punished for this. This of course evolved into a racial thing over time.

Well that's one way to turn victimhood into bigotry: dumb down an issue into such a simplistic level it becomes wrong, and then point the finger at an entire group of people.

Way to turn the tables.
NS Keyboard Warrior since 2005
Ecclesiastes 1:18 "For in much wisdom is much vexation, and those who increase knowledge increase sorrow"
Thucydides: “The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools.”
1 Corinthians 5:12 "What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?"
Galatians 6:7 "Do not be deceived; God is not mocked, for you reap whatever you sow."
T. Stevens: "I don't hold with equality in all things, but I believe in equality under the Law."
James I of Aragon "Have you ever considered that our position is Idolatry to the Rabbi?"
Debating Christian Theology with Non-Christians pretty much anybody be like

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:20 pm

Tarsonis wrote:
Conia Nammus wrote:This is an attempt to de-judaise the Holocaust. The origins of the Holocaust is in Christianity. Christians were told for century that Jews killed Jesus and that Jews need to be punished for this. This of course evolved into a racial thing over time.

Well that's one way to turn victimhood into bigotry: dumb down an issue into such a simplistic level it becomes wrong, and then point the finger at an entire group of people.

Way to turn the tables.

I dont even know what exactly to call this ideology besides Jewish victimhood. It isn't exactly Zionism because you can support Israel without literally minimizing the oppression and violence faced by other peoples, and it isn't just Judaism because that too has nothing to do with competing in the victim Olympics. But its a recurring ideology, to minimize the suffering of others with "but the holocaust" and then wonder why no one likes you.

If anyone else here thinks the holocaust was specifically targeted at only jews, and thinks that other groups haven't experienced violence like the jews have, please speak loudly. I dont think the bosnians, Armenians, tutsi, Greeks, Albanians, Croatians, or Rohygna heard you

Militant Costco
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Militant Costco » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:14 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Tarsonis wrote:

Way to turn the tables.

I dont even know what exactly to call this ideology besides Jewish victimhood. It isn't exactly Zionism because you can support Israel without literally minimizing the oppression and violence faced by other peoples, and it isn't just Judaism because that too has nothing to do with competing in the victim Olympics. But its a recurring ideology, to minimize the suffering of others with "but the holocaust" and then wonder why no one likes you.

If anyone else here thinks the holocaust was specifically targeted at only jews, and thinks that other groups haven't experienced violence like the jews have, please speak loudly. I dont think the bosnians, Armenians, tutsi, Greeks, Albanians, Croatians, or Rohygna heard you

World: Has a negative opinion on Israel and (wrongly) turns on Jews.
Israel: Oppresses and kills neighbors, then claims they are the victims.
World: Hates on Israel and (wrongly) Jews more.
Israel: :0
Costco Wholesale
NSG Puppet

Nothing says democracy like 2 packs of 48 rolls of toilet paper!

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:52 pm

Militant Costco wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

World: Has a negative opinion on Israel and (wrongly) turns on Jews.

Whenever a die hard Israel supporter responds to my criticism of Israeli war crimes with "BUT THE HOLOCAUST!" it tells me they're not ready to be the bigger man. Once upon a time, I joined a video call with a friend and there was another guy on there who asked me if I was mexican. I said no, I'm Puerto rican, and he said "great, you're from some other shithole South American country then." If I did things the Israeli way, I would go around berrating and kicking white kids with an angry mob of brown people behind me and calling anyone who condemns my anti white lynch mob as "a hispanophobe!" and yet I didnt, because I'm not a racist asshole. There are of course people who are antisemites, but it doesn't give Israel a good reason to treat non Jews like garbage
Last edited by Rojava Free State on Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

North German Realm
Senator

Founded: Jan 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby North German Realm » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:46 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Militant Costco wrote:World: Has a negative opinion on Israel and (wrongly) turns on Jews.

Whenever a die hard Israel supporter responds to my criticism of Israeli war crimes with "BUT THE HOLOCAUST!" it tells me they're not ready to be the bigger man. Once upon a time, I joined a video call with a friend and there was another guy on there who asked me if I was mexican. I said no, I'm Puerto rican, and he said "great, you're from some other shithole South American country then." If I did things the Israeli way, I would go around berrating and kicking white kids with an angry mob of brown people behind me and calling anyone who condemns my anti white lynch mob as "a hispanophobe!" and yet I didnt, because I'm not a racist asshole. There are of course people who are antisemites, but it doesn't give Israel a good reason to treat non Jews like garbage

They should't have to be the bigger man though. They've been one of -if not the- worst treated people all over the world throughout written history. Any reaction by the Jews to an opposition to the Jewish State is by the nature of their history completely justified as that opposition is naturally a threat to the continued existence of Jews, no matter how disproportionate. Are you sure you're not an asshole?
Last edited by North German Realm on Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-----------------
-----------------
-----------------
North German Confederation
NationStates Flag Bracket II - 6th place!

Norddeutscher Bund
Homepage || Overview | Sovereign | Chancellor | Military | Legislature || The World
5 Nov, 2020
Die Morgenpost: "We will reconsider our relationship with Poland" Reichskanzler Lagenmauer says after Polish president protested North German ultimatum that made them restore reproductive freedom. | European Society votes not to persecute Hungary for atrocities committed against Serbs, "Giving a rogue state leave to commit genocide as it sees fit." North German delegate bemoans. | Negotiations still underway in Rome, delegates arguing over the extent of indemnities Turkey might be made to pay, lawful status of Turkish collaborators during occupation of Azerbaijan, Cyprus, Syria.

Kowani
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:53 am

North German Realm wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

They should't have to be the bigger man though. They've been one of -if not the- worst treated people all over the world throughout written history. Any reaction by the Jews to an opposition to the Jewish State is by the nature of their history completely justified as that opposition is naturally a threat to the continued existence of Jews, no matter how disproportionate. Are you sure you're not an asshole?

Except for the fact that there are Jews outside of Israel, and so opposing Israel itself is about as much of a threat to the continued existence of Jews as squashing an ant is to the survival of a colony.
American History and Historiography; Political and Labour History, Urbanism, Political Parties, Congressional Procedure, Elections.

Servant of The Democracy since 1896.

Historian, of sorts.

Effortposts can be found here!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General