NATION

PASSWORD

German fascist form regional coalition with centre-right

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:39 pm

Bienenhalde wrote:
Novus America wrote:If you are more right in Germany you have little other choice.
CDU is a joke and just SPD lite, FDP is a bunch of neoliberals, and the AfD is quite heavily infiltrated with Fascists.

What is so bad about the CDU? I mean they might not be hard-core political dogmatists, but I think they have done a pretty good job of running Germany lately.

Bad from my perspective? Their horrible mismanagement of and underinvestment in their military, their disastrous nuclear phases out. Being soft on Russia.

For anyone more socially conservative of course they have taken a socially liberal stance.

But the point is more that they are not really right wing anymore and pretty much indistinguishable from the SPD. I mean if you like a that, a party interested in moving the country a little left but mostly keeping the status quo, I mean sure (except the nuclear phase out has been objectively harmful to the environment but the left tends to be anti nuclear).

But that is not enough for a lot of people who are right wing, hence why they formed the AfD.
As coalition of the various right wing currents.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:39 pm

Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States wrote:
Bienenhalde wrote:
What is so bad about the CDU? I mean they might not be hard-core political dogmatists, but I think they have done a pretty good job of running Germany lately.

Collaboration with fascists now, it appears.

Nonsense.

Whats more important though that the thread title is misleading insofar that no coalition has been formed at all!

The AfD merely voted for an dark horse candidate of another party in a state legislation vote without letting anyone knowing beforehand and thus making him unexpectedly get voted into office.
Last edited by Nakena on Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hakons
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Hakons » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:44 pm

It appears some left-wingers took the opportunity to deride the CDU and the FDP (coincidentally their political rivals), despite the advanced narrative being widely incoherent and a fabrication
“All elements of the national life must be made to drink in the Life which proceedeth from Him: legislation, political institutions, education, marriage and family life, capital and labour.” —Pope Leo XIII

Nakena
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:03 pm

Novus America wrote:Bad from my perspective? Their horrible mismanagement of and underinvestment in their military, their disastrous nuclear phases out. Being soft on Russia.

All those things would be only more intensified with any other party but the FDP who has however no real chance.

Novus America wrote:For anyone more socially conservative of course they have taken a socially liberal stance.

But the point is more that they are not really right wing anymore and pretty much indistinguishable from the SPD. I mean if you like a that, a party interested in moving the country a little left but mostly keeping the status quo, I mean sure (except the nuclear phase out has been objectively harmful to the environment but the left tends to be anti nuclear).

But that is not enough for a lot of people who are right wing, hence why they formed the AfD.

It's fair to say that the CDU is now a firmly centrist party.
Last edited by Nakena on Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:11 pm

Nakena wrote:
Novus America wrote:Bad from my perspective? Their horrible mismanagement of and underinvestment in their military, their disastrous nuclear phases out. Being soft on Russia.

All those things would be only more intensified with any other party but the FDP who has however no real chance.

Novus America wrote:For anyone more socially conservative of course they have taken a socially liberal stance.

It's fair to say that the CDU is now a firmly centrist party.

Right, which not surprising caused many more to the right to leave the party or want a new party.
The AfD was the inevitable result of moving it so much to the center or even slightly center left that it would alienate the right wing. Of course the Fascists got on that same train too as the NDP was going nowhere, and AfD aligned more with their beliefs than any other party.
Last edited by Novus America on Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:50 pm

Yeah no AfD isn't Fascist, sorry to ruin your clickbait fearmongering.

They do suck balls, though.
☆ American Patriot ☆ Civic Nationalist ☆ Rocker & Metalhead ☆ Heretical Christian ☆
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Reminder that Donald J. Trump is officially a traitor to the United States of America as of January 6th, 2021
The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ
Wanted Fugitive of the Chinese Communist Party
Unapologetic stan for Lana Beniko - #1 Sith Waifu

Deacarsia
Ambassador

Founded: May 12, 2019
Right-wing Utopia

German fascist form regional coalition with centre-right

Postby Deacarsia » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:55 pm

This is absurd. Alternative für Deutschland are not fascists. What a ridiculous thing to say!
Visit vaticancatholic.com

Extra Ecclésiam nulla salus

Nakena
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:58 pm

Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:Yeah no AfD isn't Fascist, sorry to ruin your clickbait fearmongering.

They are pro-putin too.

Loben The 2nd
Senator

Founded: Apr 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Loben The 2nd » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:59 pm

Genivaria wrote:Honestly I take bigger issue with the fact that climate change denialism as part of their platform.

There is a name for this position, and it is called White Privilege.

i am absolutely sorry that i missed out on this post.
no quarter.
Satisfaction guaranteed.

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:04 pm

The German political system as of now anyways, is a bit of a joke. If it were winner take all like the US has, that'd allow for more stable governance. The need for parties to form coalitions means that a lot of stuff never gets done.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:08 pm

Nakena wrote:
Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:Yeah no AfD isn't Fascist, sorry to ruin your clickbait fearmongering.

They are pro-putin too.

That's part of the "sucks balls" aspect though.
☆ American Patriot ☆ Civic Nationalist ☆ Rocker & Metalhead ☆ Heretical Christian ☆
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Reminder that Donald J. Trump is officially a traitor to the United States of America as of January 6th, 2021
The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ
Wanted Fugitive of the Chinese Communist Party
Unapologetic stan for Lana Beniko - #1 Sith Waifu

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:17 pm

Worrying.

Albennia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Albennia » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:21 pm

Saiwania wrote:The German political system as of now anyways, is a bit of a joke. If it were winner take all like the US has, that'd allow for more stable governance. The need for parties to form coalitions means that a lot of stuff never gets done.

Because the American system is working so well

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:22 pm

The Greater Ohio Valley wrote:
Washington Resistance Army wrote:
National conservatives with a bit of a traditionalist bent.

So modern fascism then, got it.

Hardly. Fascism has a set definition. Let’s not try and muddy the waters here with an overly broad definition. And yes you can still be against fascists without calling every right wing party fascist.
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

The Lone Alliance
Powerbroker

Founded: May 25, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Lone Alliance » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:37 pm

Hakons wrote:Here's a good article on how leadership selection played out this way

2019 elections didn't leave a clear path for government in Thuringia. The Left had the most seats, but aligning with Social Democrats and Greens still wouldn't get them to a majority. The rest of the seats were AfD, Christian Democrats, and Liberals. In the last vote for leadership, where a plurality would win, the Liberals put in a candidate. Liberals and Christian Democrats backed him. Surprisingly the AfD didn't vote for their own candidate, but swung their support for the Liberal candidate, and he won a plurality. It doesn't appear there was coordination for this, since Kemmerich (the winner) vehemently denounced AfD and offered his resignation. The national FDP and CDU parties also denounced the vote.

So in other words the AFD decided to vote in a guy they didn't like simply to get a functioning government in return for nothing?

Or they did it to simply poison the well on the winner on purpose in order to troll?
"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger." -Herman Goering
--------------
War is cruelty, and you cannot refine it; -William Tecumseh Sherman

Hakons
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hakons » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:39 pm

"A German party that isn't fascist didn't form a regional coalition of any kind with the centre-right and liberals"

Would be the title of what actually happened
“All elements of the national life must be made to drink in the Life which proceedeth from Him: legislation, political institutions, education, marriage and family life, capital and labour.” —Pope Leo XIII

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:42 pm

Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:
Nakena wrote:
They are pro-putin too.

That's part of the "sucks balls" aspect though.

Yeah they suck and do include some Fascists in their ranks, but are still not a Fascist party any more than Die Linke is a Stalinist party despite having some Stalinists in its ranks.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Hakons
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hakons » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:44 pm

The Lone Alliance wrote:
Hakons wrote:Here's a good article on how leadership selection played out this way

2019 elections didn't leave a clear path for government in Thuringia. The Left had the most seats, but aligning with Social Democrats and Greens still wouldn't get them to a majority. The rest of the seats were AfD, Christian Democrats, and Liberals. In the last vote for leadership, where a plurality would win, the Liberals put in a candidate. Liberals and Christian Democrats backed him. Surprisingly the AfD didn't vote for their own candidate, but swung their support for the Liberal candidate, and he won a plurality. It doesn't appear there was coordination for this, since Kemmerich (the winner) vehemently denounced AfD and offered his resignation. The national FDP and CDU parties also denounced the vote.

So in other words the AFD decided to vote in a guy they didn't like simply to get a functioning government in return for nothing?

Or they did it to simply poison the well on the winner on purpose in order to troll?

Seems like a troll thing. They didn't reasonably have a future to be in a coalition. I still think they also did it to prevent another Left government (which is the far-left in German politics). If the far-right has an opportunity to foil the far-left, they'll probably do it.

The Lone Alliance
Powerbroker

Founded: May 25, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Lone Alliance » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:58 pm

Hakons wrote:"A German party that isn't fascist didn't form a regional coalition of any kind with the centre-right and liberals"

So they fell for a troll operation by AFD....

Now when the new elections come up the AFD is simply going to support whoever the front runner is in order to force another re-election.

Thanks for giving them a way to forever derail elections.

If they ever want someone to not win they'll simply throw their full support behind that person so everyone says they're a Nazi because Nazis like them.

Kind of like the only reason David Duke gets attention is so he can screw over whoever he endorses.
"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger." -Herman Goering
--------------
War is cruelty, and you cannot refine it; -William Tecumseh Sherman

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:21 pm

The Lone Alliance wrote:
Hakons wrote:"A German party that isn't fascist didn't form a regional coalition of any kind with the centre-right and liberals"

So they fell for a troll operation by AFD....

Now when the new elections come up the AFD is simply going to support whoever the front runner is in order to force another re-election.

Thanks for giving them a way to forever derail elections.

If they ever want someone to not win they'll simply throw their full support behind that person so everyone says they're a Nazi because Nazis like them.

Kind of like the only reason David Duke gets attention is so he can screw over whoever he endorses.

He actually hasn't been endorsing people recently. He even published an editorial on his website(can't link because hate site) saying that he did not endorse Trump.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Stylan
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 01, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Stylan » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:35 pm

AfD aren't fascists, but they are close... anyway this is pretty typical, "liberals" and "center-rightists" always side with fascists... i.e. that German paramilitary organization i cant remember the name of with the skull symbol
[align=center]Christian.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:38 pm

Genivaria wrote:Honestly I take bigger issue with the fact that climate change denialism as part of their platform.

Minority rights are important as hell, but when someone is a climate deniaist, they put way more people in danger than a bigot does
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:40 pm

Stylan wrote:AfD aren't fascists, but they are close... anyway this is pretty typical, "liberals" and "center-rightists" always side with fascists... i.e. that German paramilitary organization i cant remember the name of with the skull symbol

Is it the friekorps?
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:41 pm

Deacarsia wrote:This is absurd. Alternative für Deutschland are not fascists. What a ridiculous thing to say!

That moment when you're involved in anti immigrant violence and propaganda but you aren't fascist

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:52 pm

Not sure how but okay.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General