NATION

PASSWORD

Do you..

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

I'd..

..say "later booty", and get on the plane because screw it
20%
..say "ok, well I guess we stay at home" and never hold a grudge despite the wasted $6,000
24%
..say "ok, well I guess we stay at home" and never fail to remind
18%
..dump them on the spot
4%
..speed dial Hasselhoff and take him instead
20%
..other
14%

Total votes : 50

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:47 am

The Free Joy State wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:What the fuck happened to me? Did I suffer a stroke? This sounds nothing like me.

Yeah, I'm kind of wondering why my nickname for my partner is "arse", too.

Oh I call him an arse all the time, but that's neither here nor there.

To address the scenario though, I'd likely say tschüß and go on the holiday by myself.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

ArranVidLand
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby ArranVidLand » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:52 am

Option 2 :)

ArranVidLand
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby ArranVidLand » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:55 am

Telconi wrote:
Bombadil wrote:So, this from some random post on FB but good enough question for debate..

You have planned and paid for a lovely two week holiday with your partner, you run through the checklist.. "hey booty", you say, "we need at least 6 months on our passports in order to gain entry, you good?", "Sure", is the reply.

However on arrival at the airport you discover that not only do they not have 6 months, their passport expired some months ago.

"WTF?", you exclaim, "I'm sorry but I didn't know you have to renew passports.."

What do you do, and why?

Discuss ye vast denizens of NSG with your incredible levels of EQ and general genius.

Wouldn't have happened, as I would have checked my wife's passport too.

Same lol

Rainbowsix
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rainbowsix » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:57 am

Rojava Free State wrote:I almost married a woman this stupid not long ago, and I recently had to distance myself from a friend who is equally dumb. Is their an option on this poll for "it wouldn't happen to me because I learned not to fuck with people this dumb?"

#NeverAgain

that would be other :P
This nation doesn't represent my views... this nation represents what I imagine the game Rainbow Six Siege would be like if made into a country
Freedom is never free, so remember those who died for it
My political view down here (updated 2/25/20)
https://www.isidewith.com/profile/4179624586/parties

ArranVidLand
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby ArranVidLand » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:03 am

Plus I don't think I'm keen on travelling to another country for a holiday, meaning the carbon dioxide emissions from the flight and stuff. I would rather go on a holiday within my country. I don't care that much about losing $6,000.

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:10 am

ArranVidLand wrote:Plus I don't think I'm keen on travelling to another country for a holiday, meaning the carbon dioxide emissions from the flight and stuff. I would rather go on a holiday within my country. I don't care that much about losing $6,000.

Congratulations on being rich.
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:13 am

No matter whoz responsibility, I would get blamed for it.
So I would be checking her passport as well.

Assuming i didnt, .... depends on how bad i want to go, and how much i would mind the subsequent divorce.

If Only the hoff could save me.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:03 am

6,000$! Hell yeah I am going. Aint my fault she forgot to check her passport. I am not about waste that amount of money. Bon voyage motherfucker.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:05 am

Andsed wrote:6,000$! Hell yeah I am going. Aint my fault she forgot to check her passport. I am not about waste that amount of money. Bon voyage motherfucker.

Don't call anyone "motherfucker" immediately before going away for two weeks.
They might fuck your mother.
I report offenses if and only if they are crimes.
No footwear industry: citizens cannot afford new shoes.
High rate of Nobel prizes and other academic achievements.

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:09 am

ArranVidLand wrote:Plus I don't think I'm keen on travelling to another country for a holiday, meaning the carbon dioxide emissions from the flight and stuff. I would rather go on a holiday within my country. I don't care that much about losing $6,000.

Well you probably wouldn't have arranged the holiday in the first place?

Anyway, would you take a domestic holiday with the partner who had just screwed up and cost you $6,000 ..?
I think maybe I would too, if we could afford it. They probably feel pretty bad about what they did.
I report offenses if and only if they are crimes.
No footwear industry: citizens cannot afford new shoes.
High rate of Nobel prizes and other academic achievements.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:28 am

Honestly? I’d get in the plane and “see ya later, booty!”
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Dogmeat
Senator

Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Dogmeat » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:33 am

Depends on the booty.
Immortal God Dog
Hey boy, know any tricks?
天狗

ArranVidLand
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby ArranVidLand » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:40 am

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:

Well you probably wouldn't have arranged the holiday in the first place?

Anyway, would you take a domestic holiday with the partner who had just screwed up and cost you $6,000 ..?
I think maybe I would too, if we could afford it. They probably feel pretty bad about what they did.

You're right, I probably wouldn't have arranged the holiday in the first place

Yeah I would go for a domestic holiday with my partner even after she has screwed up and cost me $6,000. To me, it's the feeling of being less lonely with my partner and the comfort it gives me that is more important than the money :)

ArranVidLand
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby ArranVidLand » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:41 am

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
Andsed wrote:6,000$! Hell yeah I am going. Aint my fault she forgot to check her passport. I am not about waste that amount of money. Bon voyage motherfucker.

Don't call anyone "motherfucker" immediately before going away for two weeks.
They might fuck your mother.

Hahaha that's a good joke! :D

The Emerald Legion
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 18, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Emerald Legion » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:02 am

Bold to assume I would willingly expend 6k on traveling to a country I hate.
"23.The unwise man is awake all night, and ponders everything over; when morning comes he is weary in mind, and all is a burden as ever." - Havamal

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:18 am

The Emerald Legion wrote:Bold to assume I would willingly expend 6k on traveling to a country I hate.

...but the specific country wasn't even named in the...

...oh. Oh. I see.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Bromagia
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 17, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Bromagia » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:38 am

Shit happens. I'd forgive and get over it.

The idea that I'd waste 6k on a holiday is hilarious, by the way. Not something I would ever do. No way I'm paying 6k to go to some foreign city because I absolutely loathe cities. No way I'd spend 6k on a wilderness vacation because I can do that domestic for less than a tenth of the cost.
I'm finished with this forum and the constant goddamn groupthink, virtue signalling, and woke scolding. I thank Max for the good times I've spent here but I just don't fit anymore. Peace.

HC Eredivisie
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby HC Eredivisie » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:47 am

Yes, I do... ow, it's something else.

I'd just buy the emergeny passport at the airport for 50 euro and make fun of her for the rest of the vacation.
Hail Richard, Chief Warlock of the Brothers of Darkness, Lord of the Thirteen Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead and the mayor of a little village up the coast.
+7656 posts, Joined 16 april 2003

Het Vijfde Nederlandse Topic met 1461 stemmen, 8070 posts en 144.700 views.
25-01-2005 - 08-06-2009

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:49 am

Depends on how long I've known the partner for. If it's been a serious thing for years, then I'd definitely stay behind. But otherwise? Fuck it, I'm jetting off.

Dakini
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dakini » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:08 pm

I'd take the holiday solo, though this would never happen because we have to keep our documents current since we're immigrants.

Dakini
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dakini » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:10 pm

HC Eredivisie wrote:Yes, I do... ow, it's something else.

I'd just buy the emergeny passport at the airport for 50 euro and make fun of her for the rest of the vacation.

What country only charges 50 euros for an emergency passport? What country issues emergency passports at airports?
Last edited by Dakini on Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:55 pm

Depending on where you live; in the US there is an ability to get a fast turn around. It’s easier with renewels.

It will cost a little. However, if it’s available you can get one in 1-2 days.....
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General