NATION

PASSWORD

2020 US General Election Thread IV: The Battle Begins

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who do you think will win South Carolina?

Sanders
59%
Warren
No votes
Biden
39%
Buttigieg
No votes
Klobuchar
2%
Steyer
No votes

Total votes : 46

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:16 pm

Senkaku wrote:
Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if there's NO SODA AT ALL on the Bloomberg campaign.

The "soda ban" never actually happened, but as Mayor he did ban smoking in a lot of places, and required calorie counts on restaurant menus (both good policies imo) so why is it that everyone who hates Bloomberg concentrates on what he didn't actually do?

Because he tried and was only stopped by the courts. But where's the harm in actually not doing something?

Sorry is NO ONE talking about the tapes of him that've leaked??????

What happened? As an anti-bloomberger, I need to hear this
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:17 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:Joe Biden's shit campaign is catching up to him. I was wondering how he was the front runner for months and now it's coming out that he isn't really he front runner after all. He's not even the second in line

turns out when your rationale for being elected is "i'm doing well in the polls" your support is sometimes a teensy bit soft :p
Biden-Santos Thought cadre

Lower Nubia
Minister

Founded: Dec 22, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lower Nubia » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:17 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:Joe Biden's shit campaign is catching up to him. I was wondering how he was the front runner for months and now it's coming out that he isn't really he front runner after all. He's not even the second in line

It will likely change when the South gets involved. Biden still remains a top choice in the Conservative states.
  1. Anglo-Catholic
    Anglican
  2. Socially Centre-Right
  3. Third Way Neoliberal
  4. Asperger
    Syndrome
  5. Graduated
    in Biochemistry
Her Region of Africa
Her Overview (WIP)
"These are they who are made like to God as far as possible, of their own free will, and by God's indwelling, and by His abiding grace. They are truly called gods, not by nature, but by participation; just as red-hot iron is called fire, not by nature, but by participation in the fire's action."
Signature Updated: 15th April, 2022

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:17 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Senkaku wrote:Sorry is NO ONE talking about the tapes of him that've leaked??????

His remarks at Aspen talking about stop and frisk???

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/02/1 ... lip-113902

it's really bad

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:18 pm

Corrian wrote:Sweet Jesus the margin has dropped to 2%.

And if he comes second, it won't be by much. Remember, when your guy wins the popular vote that's what matters. If they don't, it's the delegate count that matters. And if you lose both, you say something about taking one for the team. Life goes on.

I'm following CNN because they give the vote percentage to one decimal place. I get yanked around less that way.

It's 2.5% Nope, now 2.1%
Last edited by Nobel Hobos 2 on Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I report offenses if and only if they are crimes.
No footwear industry: citizens cannot afford new shoes.
High rate of Nobel prizes and other academic achievements.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:18 pm

Senkaku wrote:
Farnhamia wrote: :roll: Source on paying mayors and leaders? Name some names. Your Putin comparison is laughable.

"unless he literally is handing out suitcases full of cash in garages at night it's not corruption :^)))))))"

seriously Farn?

Seriously. Show me the corruption. You know how it goes, pics or it never happened. I want sauce, damn it!
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:19 pm

He did eschew early states in favor of concentrating on a good showing on Super Tuesday, a strategy that worked wonders for Clinton and Guiliani in 2008.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 20, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:20 pm

Shrillland wrote:
Zurkerx wrote:
I mean, it's going to change since this is a NH Poll for who we all think is going to win. Next will be Nevada, and that's if Shrill changes it :p

And Shrill will change it, just give it a day or so for the fallout from tonight...though I don't see anyone else leaving on these numbers myself.

Very well though will- a billion dollars change your mind?

*slips a billion towards Shrill.
A Golden Civic: The New Pragmatic Libertarian
My Words: Indeed, Indubitably & Malarkey
Retired Admin in NSGS and NS Parliament

Accountant, Author, History Buff, Political Junkie
“Has ambition so eclipsed principle?” ~ Mitt Romney
"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." ~ Albert Einstein
"Trust, but verify." ~ Ronald Reagan

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:20 pm

Senkaku wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

His remarks at Aspen talking about stop and frisk???

it's really bad

You’ve got to get the guns out of the hands of the people that are getting killed."

Hell the fuck no I'm not down with bloomberg disarming minorities
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:20 pm

Farnhamia wrote:You know how it goes, pics or it never happened.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:21 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:

He did eschew early states in favor of concentrating on a good showing on Super Tuesday, a strategy that worked wonders for Clinton and Guiliani in 2008.

Which is why Clinton went on to be nominated and win the presidency in 2008...

...In an alternate universe

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:21 pm

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
Corrian wrote:Sweet Jesus the margin has dropped to 2%.

And if he comes second, it won't be by much. Remember, when your guy wins the popular vote that's what matters. If they don't, it's the delegate count that matters. And if you lose both, you say something about taking one for the team. Life goes on.

I'm following CNN because they give the vote percentage to one decimal place. I get yanked around less that way.

It's 2.5% Nope, now 2.1%

NYTimes has it as 2%

Edit: Make that 1.8%
Last edited by Corrian on Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:22 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Senkaku wrote:"unless he literally is handing out suitcases full of cash in garages at night it's not corruption :^)))))))"

seriously Farn?

Seriously. Show me the corruption. You know how it goes, pics or it never happened. I want sauce, damn it!

fair enough i guess we shall all just move along and accept the perfectly legitimate right of any citizen to buy political advertisements, it can't be anything but good for democracy i'm sure :^)

glad to see you're on the side of truth justice and the american way™

Lower Nubia
Minister

Founded: Dec 22, 2017

Postby Lower Nubia » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:22 pm

Corrian wrote:
Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:

It's 2.5% Nope, now 2.1%

NYTimes has it as 2%

1.96%
  1. Anglo-Catholic
    Anglican
  2. Socially Centre-Right
  3. Third Way Neoliberal
  4. Asperger
    Syndrome
  5. Graduated
    in Biochemistry
Her Region of Africa
Her Overview (WIP)
"These are they who are made like to God as far as possible, of their own free will, and by God's indwelling, and by His abiding grace. They are truly called gods, not by nature, but by participation; just as red-hot iron is called fire, not by nature, but by participation in the fire's action."
Signature Updated: 15th April, 2022

The Lone Alliance
Powerbroker

Founded: May 25, 2005

Postby The Lone Alliance » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:23 pm

Senkaku wrote:
Farnhamia wrote: :roll: Source on paying mayors and leaders? Name some names. Your Putin comparison is laughable.

"unless he literally is handing out suitcases full of cash in garages at night it's not corruption :^)))))))"

seriously Farn?

Yeah giving $500,000 grants to the cities of mayors who support him and wining and dining them and giving them free education courses isn't bribery at all.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/14/us/p ... -2020.html

I'll also throw in the article I posted yesterday.

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2020/02/ ... nomination
Last edited by The Lone Alliance on Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger." -Herman Goering
--------------
War is cruelty, and you cannot refine it; -William Tecumseh Sherman

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:23 pm

Corrian wrote:
Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:

It's 2.5% Nope, now 2.1%

NYTimes has it as 2%

hey you know what I've always wanted

someone on NSG to post the numbers being posted on other websites of an incomplete vote count as it's being posted on those other websites that I could easily check myself

that would be such a useful and necessary service

Czechostan
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 23, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Czechostan » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:24 pm

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
Czechostan wrote:Bloomberg's supporters will get to drink soda out of 24 oz cups instead of regulation 16 oz cups when he's in office.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's NO SODA AT ALL on the Bloomberg campaign.

The "soda ban" never actually happened, but as Mayor he did ban smoking in a lot of places, and required calorie counts on restaurant menus (both good policies imo) so why is it that everyone who hates Bloomberg concentrates on what he didn't actually do?

Because he tried and was only stopped by the courts. But where's the harm in actually not doing something?

It's just a perfect embodiment of the nanny state that many Americans detest, regardless of the fact that the soda law was struck down.

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:25 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Senkaku wrote:His remarks at Aspen talking about stop and frisk???

it's really bad

You’ve got to get the guns out of the hands of the people that are getting killed."

Investigating rather than disarming seems to be the meaning.

I'm not down with racial profiling of suspects, it's hardly OK just because he's racially profiling victims as well.

When and where did he make these comments? Could be a fake.
I report offenses if and only if they are crimes.
No footwear industry: citizens cannot afford new shoes.
High rate of Nobel prizes and other academic achievements.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:25 pm

Senkaku wrote:
Corrian wrote:NYTimes has it as 2%

hey you know what I've always wanted

someone on NSG to post the numbers being posted on other websites of an incomplete vote count as it's being posted on those other websites that I could easily check myself

that would be such a useful and necessary service

I'm pointing out the fact mine showed completely different numbers in percentages, but it looks like theirs dropped too before I posted a response.
My Last.FM and RYM

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:26 pm

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

I'm not down with racial profiling of suspects, it's hardly OK just because he's racially profiling victims as well.

Yes, Politico, CNN, the New York Times, and every other giant outlet that's been running this all day are all known for not double-checking if explosive tapes they receive are outright fabrications lmao

He made them in 2015 at a speech in Aspen

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:26 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:He did eschew early states in favor of concentrating on a good showing on Super Tuesday, a strategy that worked wonders for Clinton and Guiliani in 2008.

Which is why Clinton went on to be nominated and win the presidency in 2008...

...In an alternate universe

Explaining the joke makes it funnier.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:29 pm

Senkaku wrote:
Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:

Yes, Politico, CNN, the New York Times, and every other giant outlet that's been running this all day are all known for not double-checking if explosive tapes they receive are outright fabrications lmao

He made them in 2015 at a speech in Aspen

Which is great considering at this point he's supposed to have been "changed".
My Last.FM and RYM

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:33 pm

The Lone Alliance wrote:
Senkaku wrote:"unless he literally is handing out suitcases full of cash in garages at night it's not corruption :^)))))))"

seriously Farn?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/14/us/p ... -2020.html

I'll also throw in the article I posted yesterday.

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2020/02/ ... nomination

There, was that so hard?

Bribery, schmibery ... Bloomberg has a foundation and uses its funds to help towns and cities. He could be buying portraits of himself, I suppose, or using the money to settle lawsuits. He isn't, though, he's helping people.

I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill. I think Bloomberg would make a good candidate against Trump and a decent president. Of course, the bar for "decent president" has been set so low - it's basically lying on the ground - that that's not saying much. I find the hysterical reactions to Bloomberg more distasteful than his policies and the way he's campaigning.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Shrillland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 12, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Shrillland » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:34 pm

Zurkerx wrote:
Shrillland wrote:
And Shrill will change it, just give it a day or so for the fallout from tonight...though I don't see anyone else leaving on these numbers myself.

Very well though will- a billion dollars change your mind?

*slips a billion towards Shrill.

It might be the result of my cough medicine that's been keeping me kind of loopy for a week, but no thank you.
How America Came to This, by Kowani: Racialised Politics, Ideological Media Gaslighting, and What It All Means For The Future
Plebiscite Plaza 2024
Confused by the names I use for House districts? Here's a primer!
In 1963, Doctor Who taught us all we need to know about politics when a cave woman said, "Old men see no further than tomorrow's meat".

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:36 pm

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

They were on tape, and I doubt they were fake when the policy mike had in place matched this kind of thinking

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General