NATION

PASSWORD

UK Politics Thread XII: The Lockdown

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Should the UK Take a Harder Line Against Russia on the Basis of the ISC Report?

Yes
56
67%
No
14
17%
No *vote amended by GRU*
13
16%
 
Total votes : 83

User avatar
Celritannia
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9467
Founded: Nov 10, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Celritannia » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:58 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Lockdown prevented around half a million deaths. Very weird that you'd be proud of a country with an extra half million corpses in it...

I could only be proud of a free country. That means that I can't have national pride at the moment.


How the fuck do dead people enjoy freedom?

My DeviantArt
Obey
When you annoy a Celritannian
U W0T M8?
Zirkagrad wrote:A person with a penchant for flying lions with long tongues, could possibly be a fan of Kiss. Maybe the classiest nation with a lion with its tongue hanging out. Enjoys only the finest tea.

Nakena wrote:NSG's Most Serene Salad

Crysuko wrote:My little crony: corruption is magic
Citizen of Earth, Commonwealthian, European, British, Yorkshireman.
Atheist, Environmentalist, Pansexual, Left-Libertarian.

User avatar
Celritannia
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9467
Founded: Nov 10, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Celritannia » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:00 am


My DeviantArt
Obey
When you annoy a Celritannian
U W0T M8?
Zirkagrad wrote:A person with a penchant for flying lions with long tongues, could possibly be a fan of Kiss. Maybe the classiest nation with a lion with its tongue hanging out. Enjoys only the finest tea.

Nakena wrote:NSG's Most Serene Salad

Crysuko wrote:My little crony: corruption is magic
Citizen of Earth, Commonwealthian, European, British, Yorkshireman.
Atheist, Environmentalist, Pansexual, Left-Libertarian.

User avatar
Souseiseki
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19101
Founded: Apr 12, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Souseiseki » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:18 am



it's legit hard to tell whether priti is a legit horrible person or just a pathetic patsy who goes along with whatever the party tells her (we know in this government people are promoted based on loyalty and meekishness not skill or conviction) and got dumped into the mr. nasty office and now feels she needs to be a raving authoritarian minority slapping dickhead to play the part

e: that's not a political nickname but a commentary on how home secretaries are required to adopt a certain public persona as part of their role but i'm not going to spend an excessive amount of time getting into it unless i have to
Last edited by Souseiseki on Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
ask moderation about reading serious moderation candidates TGs without telling them about it until afterwards and/or apparently refusing to confirm/deny the exact timeline of TG reading ~~~ i hope you never sent any of the recent mods or the ones that got really close anything personal!

signature edit: confirmation has been received. they will explicitly do it before and without asking. they can look at TGs basically whenever they want so please keep this in mind when nominating people for moderator or TGing good posters/anyone!
T <---- THE INFAMOUS T

User avatar
Fartsniffage
Post Czar
 
Posts: 37968
Founded: Dec 19, 2005
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Fartsniffage » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:21 am

Souseiseki wrote:


it's legit hard to tell whether priti is a legit horrible person or just a pathetic patsy who goes along with whatever the party tells her (we know in this government people are promoted based on loyalty and meekishness not skill or conviction) and got dumped into the mr. nasty office and now feels she needs to be a raving authoritarian dickhead to play the part


Before getting into politics she was a lobbyist for the tobacco industry.
Strong opinions, lightly held.

User avatar
An Alan Smithee Nation
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5706
Founded: Apr 18, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby An Alan Smithee Nation » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:21 am

Souseiseki wrote:


it's legit hard to tell whether priti is a legit horrible person or just a pathetic patsy who goes along with whatever the party tells her (we know in this government people are promoted based on loyalty and meekishness not skill or conviction) and got dumped into the mr. nasty office and now feels she needs to be a raving authoritarian dickhead to play the part


I suspect she is an unpleasant person and overcompensating to fit in.
Everything is intertwinkled

User avatar
Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18660
Founded: May 09, 2014
Anarchy

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:06 am

Fartsniffage wrote:
Souseiseki wrote:
it's legit hard to tell whether priti is a legit horrible person or just a pathetic patsy who goes along with whatever the party tells her (we know in this government people are promoted based on loyalty and meekishness not skill or conviction) and got dumped into the mr. nasty office and now feels she needs to be a raving authoritarian dickhead to play the part


Before getting into politics she was a lobbyist for the tobacco industry.

Is that a bad thing though?
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

User avatar
Souseiseki
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19101
Founded: Apr 12, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Souseiseki » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:09 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Fartsniffage wrote:
Before getting into politics she was a lobbyist for the tobacco industry.

Is that a bad thing though?


yes
ask moderation about reading serious moderation candidates TGs without telling them about it until afterwards and/or apparently refusing to confirm/deny the exact timeline of TG reading ~~~ i hope you never sent any of the recent mods or the ones that got really close anything personal!

signature edit: confirmation has been received. they will explicitly do it before and without asking. they can look at TGs basically whenever they want so please keep this in mind when nominating people for moderator or TGing good posters/anyone!
T <---- THE INFAMOUS T

User avatar
An Alan Smithee Nation
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5706
Founded: Apr 18, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby An Alan Smithee Nation » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:06 pm

Looks like the Lib Dem leadership race is down to Ed Davey and Layla Moran, unless someone else enters the race.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53170159

Still hoping they won't be foolish enough to vote her leader.
Everything is intertwinkled

User avatar
Celritannia
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9467
Founded: Nov 10, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Celritannia » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:13 pm

An Alan Smithee Nation wrote:Looks like the Lib Dem leadership race is down to Ed Davey and Layla Moran, unless someone else enters the race.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53170159

Still hoping they won't be foolish enough to vote her leader.


They're having a leadership race? Btw, who are the "Lib Dems"?

My DeviantArt
Obey
When you annoy a Celritannian
U W0T M8?
Zirkagrad wrote:A person with a penchant for flying lions with long tongues, could possibly be a fan of Kiss. Maybe the classiest nation with a lion with its tongue hanging out. Enjoys only the finest tea.

Nakena wrote:NSG's Most Serene Salad

Crysuko wrote:My little crony: corruption is magic
Citizen of Earth, Commonwealthian, European, British, Yorkshireman.
Atheist, Environmentalist, Pansexual, Left-Libertarian.

User avatar
An Alan Smithee Nation
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5706
Founded: Apr 18, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby An Alan Smithee Nation » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:17 pm

Celritannia wrote:
An Alan Smithee Nation wrote:Looks like the Lib Dem leadership race is down to Ed Davey and Layla Moran, unless someone else enters the race.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53170159

Still hoping they won't be foolish enough to vote her leader.


They're having a leadership race? Btw, who are the "Lib Dems"?


Is that humour?
Everything is intertwinkled

User avatar
Celritannia
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9467
Founded: Nov 10, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Celritannia » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:20 pm

An Alan Smithee Nation wrote:
Celritannia wrote:
They're having a leadership race? Btw, who are the "Lib Dems"?


Is that humour?


Are they a party of some sort?

Of course its humour.

My DeviantArt
Obey
When you annoy a Celritannian
U W0T M8?
Zirkagrad wrote:A person with a penchant for flying lions with long tongues, could possibly be a fan of Kiss. Maybe the classiest nation with a lion with its tongue hanging out. Enjoys only the finest tea.

Nakena wrote:NSG's Most Serene Salad

Crysuko wrote:My little crony: corruption is magic
Citizen of Earth, Commonwealthian, European, British, Yorkshireman.
Atheist, Environmentalist, Pansexual, Left-Libertarian.

User avatar
Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18660
Founded: May 09, 2014
Anarchy

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:29 pm

Celritannia wrote:
An Alan Smithee Nation wrote:
Is that humour?


Are they a party of some sort?

Of course its humour.

I believe they're a form of skin condition. Sounds very nasty.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

User avatar
Souseiseki
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19101
Founded: Apr 12, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Souseiseki » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:31 pm

please stop bullying the fourth largest party in the UK
ask moderation about reading serious moderation candidates TGs without telling them about it until afterwards and/or apparently refusing to confirm/deny the exact timeline of TG reading ~~~ i hope you never sent any of the recent mods or the ones that got really close anything personal!

signature edit: confirmation has been received. they will explicitly do it before and without asking. they can look at TGs basically whenever they want so please keep this in mind when nominating people for moderator or TGing good posters/anyone!
T <---- THE INFAMOUS T

User avatar
Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 54469
Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ostroeuropa » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:38 pm

Souseiseki wrote:please stop bullying the fourth largest party in the UK


Liberal-Democratism is a perfectly legitimate ideology.
That's why they have been on a consistent downwards trend into irrelevance ever since they were founded, save for a brief glorious period where the Labour party was also run by a Liberal who did the thumb-pointing thing and the Liberals were run by a charming drunk, and thus they had relevance again. That man now being the primary impetus for "We need to change the Labour party, that was utter horseshit, my god, what a shit ideology.".

We shouldn't bully the Liberals. They're perfectly legitimate.

Absolutely.


Do you remember when they were in government last time and how they achieved major changes to the direction of the country?
Certainly nothing like UKIP, who could never achieve such systemic reforms.


They're a relevant political party with relevant ideas and an alternative vision for the UK.
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The plague has been worse for women.
It's true that more men are dying from COVID, but that's not exactly a cause for celebration.
https://i.redd.it/oqy5p3p1ayv41.png

User avatar
The Archregimancy
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 24834
Founded: Aug 01, 2005
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Archregimancy » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:39 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Celritannia wrote:
Are they a party of some sort?

Of course its humour.

I believe they're a form of skin condition. Sounds very nasty.


I believe you can get an ointment for that.

I happen to have a generous supply if you'd you'd like some. It does, however, turn your skin a vibrant shade of orange.


Anyway, I'm genuinely torn over the leadership race. It's a choice between a competent and safe pair of hands who'll spend his entire leadership answering questions about his role during the coalition years, or an unknown quantity with a safer majority who'll spend her entire leadership answering questions about pansexuality and the time she slapped her boyfriend.

Oh yes, they both have policies too; Davey is slightly more centre-right than Moran, who's therefore slightly more centre-left. But it's a matter of emphasis rather than serious disagreement, and realistically my focusing on superficials merely predicts what both NSG and much of the British media will spend most of the next few years wringing their hands over.

I can only hope that if Moran is elected, she has better answers to the pansexuality and boyfriend slapping than Tim Farron offered over gay marriage; though I think we can safely assume she doesn't think the latter is a sin.

User avatar
Celritannia
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9467
Founded: Nov 10, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Celritannia » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:42 pm

The Archregimancy wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:I believe they're a form of skin condition. Sounds very nasty.


I believe you can get an ointment for that.

I happen to have a generous supply if you'd you'd like some. It does, however, turn your skin a vibrant shade of orange.


Anyway, I'm genuinely torn over the leadership race. It's a choice between a competent and safe pair of hands who'll spend his entire leadership answering questions about his role during the coalition years, or an unknown quantity with a safer majority who'll spend her entire leadership answering questions about pansexuality and the time she slapped her boyfriend.

Oh yes, they both have policies too; Davey is slightly more centre-right than Moran, who's therefore slightly more centre-left. But it's a matter of emphasis rather than serious disagreement, and realistically my focusing on superficials merely predicts what both NSG and much of the British media will spend most of the next few years wringing their hands over.

I can only hope that if Moran is elected, she has better answers to the pansexuality and boyfriend slapping than Tim Farron offered over gay marriage; though I think we can safely assume she doesn't think the latter is a sin.


Plus, if Moran is elected, She has a better chance of having the party to retake the seat in Scotland they lost. The Lib Dems are really the only unionist political party of the UK to gain victories in Scotland.
Last edited by Celritannia on Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

My DeviantArt
Obey
When you annoy a Celritannian
U W0T M8?
Zirkagrad wrote:A person with a penchant for flying lions with long tongues, could possibly be a fan of Kiss. Maybe the classiest nation with a lion with its tongue hanging out. Enjoys only the finest tea.

Nakena wrote:NSG's Most Serene Salad

Crysuko wrote:My little crony: corruption is magic
Citizen of Earth, Commonwealthian, European, British, Yorkshireman.
Atheist, Environmentalist, Pansexual, Left-Libertarian.

User avatar
Fartsniffage
Post Czar
 
Posts: 37968
Founded: Dec 19, 2005
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Fartsniffage » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:42 pm

The Archregimancy wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:I believe they're a form of skin condition. Sounds very nasty.


I believe you can get an ointment for that.

I happen to have a generous supply if you'd you'd like some. It does, however, turn your skin a vibrant shade of orange.


Anyway, I'm genuinely torn over the leadership race. It's a choice between a competent and safe pair of hands who'll spend his entire leadership answering questions about his role during the coalition years, or an unknown quantity with a safer majority who'll spend her entire leadership answering questions about pansexuality and the time she slapped her boyfriend.

Oh yes, they both have policies too; Davey is slightly more centre-right than Moran, who's therefore slightly more centre-left. But it's a matter of emphasis rather than serious disagreement, and realistically my focusing on superficials merely predicts what both NSG and much of the British media will spend most of the next few years wringing their hands over.

I can only hope that if Moran is elected, she has better answers to the pansexuality and boyfriend slapping than Tim Farron offered over gay marriage; though I think we can safely assume she doesn't think the latter is a sin.


So you're saying Donald Trump is a Lib Dem sufferer? Sounds dodgy but okay...
Strong opinions, lightly held.

User avatar
Andsed
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10001
Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Andsed » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:42 pm

The Archregimancy wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:I believe they're a form of skin condition. Sounds very nasty.


I believe you can get an ointment for that.

I happen to have a generous supply if you'd you'd like some. It does, however, turn your skin a vibrant shade of orange.


Anyway, I'm genuinely torn over the leadership race. It's a choice between a competent and safe pair of hands who'll spend his entire leadership answering questions about his role during the coalition years, or an unknown quantity with a safer majority who'll spend her entire leadership answering questions about pansexuality and the time she slapped her boyfriend.

Oh yes, they both have policies too; Davey is slightly more centre-right than Moran, who's therefore slightly more centre-left. But it's a matter of emphasis rather than serious disagreement, and realistically my focusing on superficials merely predicts what both NSG and much of the British media will spend most of the next few years wringing their hands over.

I can only hope that if Moran is elected, she has better answers to the pansexuality and boyfriend slapping than Tim Farron offered over gay marriage; though I think we can safely assume she doesn't think the latter is a sin.

I keep hearing about this boyfriend slapping incident. What happened there?
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

User avatar
Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 54469
Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ostroeuropa » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:46 pm

Andsed wrote:
The Archregimancy wrote:
I believe you can get an ointment for that.

I happen to have a generous supply if you'd you'd like some. It does, however, turn your skin a vibrant shade of orange.


Anyway, I'm genuinely torn over the leadership race. It's a choice between a competent and safe pair of hands who'll spend his entire leadership answering questions about his role during the coalition years, or an unknown quantity with a safer majority who'll spend her entire leadership answering questions about pansexuality and the time she slapped her boyfriend.

Oh yes, they both have policies too; Davey is slightly more centre-right than Moran, who's therefore slightly more centre-left. But it's a matter of emphasis rather than serious disagreement, and realistically my focusing on superficials merely predicts what both NSG and much of the British media will spend most of the next few years wringing their hands over.

I can only hope that if Moran is elected, she has better answers to the pansexuality and boyfriend slapping than Tim Farron offered over gay marriage; though I think we can safely assume she doesn't think the latter is a sin.

I keep hearing about this boyfriend slapping incident. What happened there?


She had an argument with her boyfriend over an extension lead and slapped him.

The careometer for MRAs and people concerned with it hit about a 2/10 given our understanding that an isolated act of violence isn't abuse. Mostly focused on commentary on how the media treated it differently and discussions on relationship stress and so on.

But then she had to go and try and justify it and make out he had it coming, and Jess Phillips and all the other people who shouldn't have a job went to bat for her, and the careometer went to 10/10, never voting for her, you've got enemies now mate.

I don't want some delusional misandrist running the country running her mouth off about how emotionally volatile women are justified in hitting their partners.

I'd also suggest you might hit something akin to BLM there, though feminists are likely to flip out over the comparison.

Nominate someone in the modern era who openly shills for police brutality against black people and you'll get riots and violence.

Nominate Layla Moran, and Lib Dem campaigners are going to be inundated with harassment and threats in a digital riot, and that reaction will be about as justified as if you nominated an open racist.
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The plague has been worse for women.
It's true that more men are dying from COVID, but that's not exactly a cause for celebration.
https://i.redd.it/oqy5p3p1ayv41.png

User avatar
The Archregimancy
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 24834
Founded: Aug 01, 2005
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Archregimancy » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:48 pm

Andsed wrote:
The Archregimancy wrote:
I believe you can get an ointment for that.

I happen to have a generous supply if you'd you'd like some. It does, however, turn your skin a vibrant shade of orange.


Anyway, I'm genuinely torn over the leadership race. It's a choice between a competent and safe pair of hands who'll spend his entire leadership answering questions about his role during the coalition years, or an unknown quantity with a safer majority who'll spend her entire leadership answering questions about pansexuality and the time she slapped her boyfriend.

Oh yes, they both have policies too; Davey is slightly more centre-right than Moran, who's therefore slightly more centre-left. But it's a matter of emphasis rather than serious disagreement, and realistically my focusing on superficials merely predicts what both NSG and much of the British media will spend most of the next few years wringing their hands over.

I can only hope that if Moran is elected, she has better answers to the pansexuality and boyfriend slapping than Tim Farron offered over gay marriage; though I think we can safely assume she doesn't think the latter is a sin.

I keep hearing about this boyfriend slapping incident. What happened there?


https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-o ... e-47686844

You'll find a range of perspectives over the issue between those who would argue this is an unforgiveable assault that exemplifies gender-based double standards in Western politics to those who would argue that it was a one-off incident that shouldn't have any longer-term impact on her political career now that she's apologised and the parties involved have all moved on, with various shades of opinion in between.

User avatar
Souseiseki
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19101
Founded: Apr 12, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Souseiseki » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:49 pm

Ostroeuropa wrote:
Souseiseki wrote:please stop bullying the fourth largest party in the UK


Liberal-Democratism is a perfectly legitimate ideology.
That's why they have been on a consistent downwards trend into irrelevance ever since they were founded, save for a brief glorious period where the Labour party was also run by a Liberal who did the thumb-pointing thing and the Liberals were run by a charming drunk, and thus they had relevance again. That man now being the primary impetus for "We need to change the Labour party, that was utter horseshit, my god, what a shit ideology.".

We shouldn't bully the Liberals. They're perfectly legitimate.

Absolutely.


Do you remember when they were in government last time and how they achieved major changes to the direction of the country?
Certainly nothing like UKIP, who could never achieve such systemic reforms.


They're a relevant political party with relevant ideas and an alternative vision for the UK.


dude UKIP was a single issue party and they got that single issue

i agree they're worth something (and that it is hilarious that one of the most effective and best labour people left for the lib dems) though
ask moderation about reading serious moderation candidates TGs without telling them about it until afterwards and/or apparently refusing to confirm/deny the exact timeline of TG reading ~~~ i hope you never sent any of the recent mods or the ones that got really close anything personal!

signature edit: confirmation has been received. they will explicitly do it before and without asking. they can look at TGs basically whenever they want so please keep this in mind when nominating people for moderator or TGing good posters/anyone!
T <---- THE INFAMOUS T

User avatar
Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 54469
Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ostroeuropa » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:50 pm

The Archregimancy wrote:
Andsed wrote:I keep hearing about this boyfriend slapping incident. What happened there?


https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-o ... e-47686844

You'll find a range of perspectives over the issue between those who would argue this is an unforgiveable assault that exemplifies gender-based double standards in Western politics to those who would argue that it was a one-off incident that shouldn't have any longer-term impact on her political career now that she's apologised and the parties involved have all moved on, with various shades of opinion in between.


MRAs didn't care much about the assault. They took the "One-off incident" approach, right up until she tried to justify it.
The plague has been worse for women.
It's true that more men are dying from COVID, but that's not exactly a cause for celebration.
https://i.redd.it/oqy5p3p1ayv41.png

User avatar
Souseiseki
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19101
Founded: Apr 12, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Souseiseki » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:51 pm

hot take: tim farron's position was reasonable and moral given his circumstances and it's only due to the UK's insistence on ideological and cultural purity he got booted. essentially, he was punished for being a wrongthinker.
ask moderation about reading serious moderation candidates TGs without telling them about it until afterwards and/or apparently refusing to confirm/deny the exact timeline of TG reading ~~~ i hope you never sent any of the recent mods or the ones that got really close anything personal!

signature edit: confirmation has been received. they will explicitly do it before and without asking. they can look at TGs basically whenever they want so please keep this in mind when nominating people for moderator or TGing good posters/anyone!
T <---- THE INFAMOUS T

User avatar
Celritannia
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9467
Founded: Nov 10, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Celritannia » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:52 pm

Ostroeuropa wrote:
The Archregimancy wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-o ... e-47686844

You'll find a range of perspectives over the issue between those who would argue this is an unforgiveable assault that exemplifies gender-based double standards in Western politics to those who would argue that it was a one-off incident that shouldn't have any longer-term impact on her political career now that she's apologised and the parties involved have all moved on, with various shades of opinion in between.


MRAs didn't care much about the assault. They took the "One-off incident" approach, right up until she tried to justify it.


Does her former partner feel any continued abuse from the indecent, or is suffering mental trauma from it after x many years?

My DeviantArt
Obey
When you annoy a Celritannian
U W0T M8?
Zirkagrad wrote:A person with a penchant for flying lions with long tongues, could possibly be a fan of Kiss. Maybe the classiest nation with a lion with its tongue hanging out. Enjoys only the finest tea.

Nakena wrote:NSG's Most Serene Salad

Crysuko wrote:My little crony: corruption is magic
Citizen of Earth, Commonwealthian, European, British, Yorkshireman.
Atheist, Environmentalist, Pansexual, Left-Libertarian.

User avatar
The Archregimancy
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 24834
Founded: Aug 01, 2005
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Archregimancy » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:53 pm

Fartsniffage wrote:
The Archregimancy wrote:
I believe you can get an ointment for that.

I happen to have a generous supply if you'd you'd like some. It does, however, turn your skin a vibrant shade of orange.


Anyway, I'm genuinely torn over the leadership race. It's a choice between a competent and safe pair of hands who'll spend his entire leadership answering questions about his role during the coalition years, or an unknown quantity with a safer majority who'll spend her entire leadership answering questions about pansexuality and the time she slapped her boyfriend.

Oh yes, they both have policies too; Davey is slightly more centre-right than Moran, who's therefore slightly more centre-left. But it's a matter of emphasis rather than serious disagreement, and realistically my focusing on superficials merely predicts what both NSG and much of the British media will spend most of the next few years wringing their hands over.

I can only hope that if Moran is elected, she has better answers to the pansexuality and boyfriend slapping than Tim Farron offered over gay marriage; though I think we can safely assume she doesn't think the latter is a sin.


So you're saying Donald Trump is a Lib Dem sufferer? Sounds dodgy but okay...


Ah, no; while one specific symptom is similar, and it's understandable that the layperson might confuse the two, libdemitis and cockwombletan are two entirely distinct medical conditions.

For one, I assure you that people who suffer from the former are far more likely to be witty, debonair, urbane, and devilishly handsome while keeping a very large and stiff PhD degree in their front pocket.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Abserdia, Aureumterra, Bing [Bot], Borderlands of Rojava, Cannot think of a name, Celritannia, Empirical Switzerland, Ethel mermania, Glorious Hong Kong, Greater Miami Shores, Hetalia Dakota 2 II, Hurdergaryp, Kannap, Kavagrad, Majestic-12 [Bot], Necroghastia, New haven america, Philjia, Punished UMN, Purpelia, Saint Sche Batose, The Greater Ohio Valley, The Rich Port, Tinhampton

Advertisement

Remove ads