NATION

PASSWORD

The 2019-2020 Coronavirus outbreak thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Totally Not OEP
Minister

Founded: Mar 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Totally Not OEP » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:59 pm

Unconfirmed reports on Weibo suggest Shanghai's true figures are 107 cases with 32 deaths (This would make this Spanish Flu tier folks!); official figures are 16 cases with no deaths.
We shoot .223's
We'll take your life
We out with the gang
You know we gon' slide

Totally Not OEP
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Totally Not OEP » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:07 pm

Four possible cases in Australia.

This has all happened in the last hour....
We shoot .223's
We'll take your life
We out with the gang
You know we gon' slide

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bombadil » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:08 pm

Totally Not OEP wrote:Unconfirmed reports on Weibo suggest Shanghai's true figures are 107 cases with 32 deaths (This would make this Spanish Flu tier folks!); official figures are 16 cases with no deaths.

Probably due to stupidity like this..

“Escape from Wuhan” has become a popular hashtag on Weibo, a microblogging website on the mainland.
“I escaped in the small hours. There were so many cars on the highway,” one netizen claimed she had driven to Shanghai.
Another netizen said he had left with a friend. He said both of them were having fever.
“We’ve escaped the epidemic zone after taking some fever reducers. I’ll visit the doctor in Shanghai if my fever doesn’t go away a week later,” she wrote.
She also wrote that they plan to visit the Disneyland before that.

One woman took suppressants, escaped to Paris and then boasted about it on Weibo..
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Samudera Darussalam
Senator

Founded: Aug 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Samudera Darussalam » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:10 pm

Totally Not OEP wrote:Confirmed cases in Mexico, suspected in LA. Latest Chinese figures suggest the fatality rate is almost 5% now.

It seems that cases are also reported in Singapore and Vietnam.

Neanderthaland
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:11 pm

Bombadil wrote:
Totally Not OEP wrote:Unconfirmed reports on Weibo suggest Shanghai's true figures are 107 cases with 32 deaths (This would make this Spanish Flu tier folks!); official figures are 16 cases with no deaths.

“Escape from Wuhan” has become a popular hashtag on Weibo, a microblogging website on the mainland.
“I escaped in the small hours. There were so many cars on the highway,” one netizen claimed she had driven to Shanghai.
Another netizen said he had left with a friend. He said both of them were having fever.
“We’ve escaped the epidemic zone after taking some fever reducers. I’ll visit the doctor in Shanghai if my fever doesn’t go away a week later,” she wrote.

One woman took suppressants, escaped to Paris and then boasted about it on Weibo..

So basically the containment is going about as well as it would in a Romero movie.
Ug make fire. Mod ban Ug.

Grimmsland
Envoy

Founded: Dec 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Grimmsland » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:13 pm

Shamhnan Insir wrote:
LimaUniformNovemberAlpha wrote:Here's a picture.

What species is that? It looks neither like a koala, nor a snake, nor a rat, nor a wolf.

Some sort of marmot in the top cages, and then what appears as a small ungulate.
Marmots do tend to have very high parasite loads, as with other similar species. But theres nothing to suggest that makes them a likely source of this.

top cage are Ground Hogs. What is that outside and to the right of the top cage? Looks like the head of a baby black and white tiger..

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Postby Bombadil » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:14 pm

Neanderthaland wrote:
Bombadil wrote:

So basically the containment is going about as well as it would in a Romero movie.

If anything the containment has panicked people into escaping. the irony is that everyone in China is now wearing a mask in solidarity with HK.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Totally Not OEP
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Totally Not OEP » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:15 pm

Samudera Darussalam wrote:
Totally Not OEP wrote:Confirmed cases in Mexico, suspected in LA. Latest Chinese figures suggest the fatality rate is almost 5% now.

It seems that cases are also reported in Singapore and Vietnam.

Yeah, that was last night/this morning. Within the last hour we've had four suspected cases in Australia and one in Texas.
We shoot .223's
We'll take your life
We out with the gang
You know we gon' slide

Neanderthaland
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:17 pm

Bombadil wrote:
Neanderthaland wrote:So basically the containment is going about as well as it would in a Romero movie.

If anything the containment has panicked people into escaping. the irony is that everyone in China is now wearing a mask in solidarity with HK.

Don't mention that to IM. Or he'll be saying that this whole thing is some kind of protester false flag.

Grimmsland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Grimmsland » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:19 pm

I'm going to stuff cotton balls laced with olive oil up my nose and in my ears and only open my lips to speak when absolutely necessary. I'll talk like I have my jaw wired shut. Already have a good habit of never touching my face until I get and wash. :clap:

Samudera Darussalam
Senator

Founded: Aug 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Samudera Darussalam » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:20 pm

Neanderthaland wrote:
Bombadil wrote:

So basically the quarantine attempts are failed like OEP said.
Not.....that surprising, I guess. It's bound to happen.

Totally Not OEP wrote:

Yeah, that was last night/this morning. Within the last hour we've had four suspected cases in Australia and one in Texas.

It's worrying, indeed. The movement before and during the incoming Chinese Lunar Year may bring the infection further to other countries.

Grimmsland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Grimmsland » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:24 pm

it is the year of the RAT!

Neanderthaland
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:34 pm

What goes with the Coronavirus?

Lyme Disease

*I'm sorry

Lamenia
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Lamenia » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:36 pm

Welp. The best thing we can do is go to the doctor if we develop symptoms and be extra sanitary in the coming weeks. I still fear for the fate of many people in Asia, and possibly the rest of the world if it gets bad enough. Let us pray for our fellow humans.

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Postby Bombadil » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:50 pm

An estimated 300, 000 people escaped Wuhan before the lockdown alone..

However, according to sources, close to 300,000 residents from Wuhan managed to leave the city via Hankou railway station and Wuchang railway station yesterday upon hearing that the city would be put on lockdown.

Many of them showed off their successful escapade on WEIBO while a few already developed fever symptoms.

十年

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:50 pm

There was a major outbreak in 1820, 1920, and now...
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:07 pm

Valrifell wrote:There was a major outbreak in 1820, 1920, and now...

Wikipedia indicates that any global epidemic in 1820 was continued from prior years and continued after, while the Spanish Flu ended in 1920, not began.

Totally Not OEP
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Totally Not OEP » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:12 pm

Bombadil wrote:An estimated 300, 000 people escaped Wuhan before the lockdown alone..

However, according to sources, close to 300,000 residents from Wuhan managed to leave the city via Hankou railway station and Wuchang railway station yesterday upon hearing that the city would be put on lockdown.

Many of them showed off their successful escapade on WEIBO while a few already developed fever symptoms.

Honestly, these people deserve to have the full weight of the CCP fall upon them.
We shoot .223's
We'll take your life
We out with the gang
You know we gon' slide

Catburg
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Catburg » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:14 pm

Totally Not OEP wrote:
Bombadil wrote:An estimated 300, 000 people escaped Wuhan before the lockdown alone..

Honestly, these people deserve to have the full weight of the CCP fall upon them.

Nope. They did not vote CCP into power. The Chinese civilians are not responsible for the cancer of Sinostatism.
Last edited by Catburg on Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neanderthaland
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:17 pm

Catburg wrote:
Totally Not OEP wrote:

Nope. They did not vote CCP into power. The Chinese civilians are not responsible for the cancer of Sinostatism.

Still not a thing.

The Rapture Republic
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rapture Republic » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:21 pm

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-chin ... SKBN1ZM0C7

I’m not sure why the WHO hasn’t declared this an emergency. It’s better to act now before waiting any longer.
Last edited by The Rapture Republic on Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rapture City

• In the underwater city, two roles have emerged from the City's ongoing civil war: the City Monitors who defend the peace and the Red Caps who fight against unjust systems. The city's infrastructure is crumbling under its own weight and kinship is snuffed by the paranoia of totalitarianism. Yet the people would be in for a surprise as their virtual overlord have died many years ago as the oppression continues under his name...
  • Not an 1-1 exact replica of Bioshock lore and Rapture City. Only the city's atmosphere and setting is maintained.

Totally Not OEP
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Totally Not OEP » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:25 pm

Catburg wrote:
Totally Not OEP wrote:

Please find me a fuck to give. These dumbasses have exposed millions of people to this disease, and they know it too.
We shoot .223's
We'll take your life
We out with the gang
You know we gon' slide

Catburg
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Catburg » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:28 pm

Totally Not OEP wrote:
Catburg wrote:

Please find me a fuck to give. These dumbasses have exposed millions of people to this disease, and they know it too.

You meant the carriers? Do they even know that they have Wuhan coronavirus at all?
Last edited by Catburg on Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vetalia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 23, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Vetalia » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:34 pm

I think we need to start taking a closer look at what exactly is happening at the Wuhan Institute of Virology. Either this was an accidental release similar to the Sverdlovsk or Marburg fiascos or a test run for a new biological weapon refined from the original SARS. Nothing about this situation is natural.
Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:38 pm

That would bring the death ratio closer to around %25 right?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General