NATION

PASSWORD

Right Wing Discussion Thread XIX

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Would you support a Chinese-Style lockdown in your country to contain the Coronavirus?

Yes
48%
No
38%
Unsure
14%

Total votes : 328

Loben The 2nd
Senator

Founded: Apr 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Loben The 2nd » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:46 am

Claorica wrote:
Northern Davincia wrote:The Windsor dynasty is repugnant. If we have the grave misfortune to have a monarchy at all, let it be anyone else.

Hapsburgs or Bust.

Give me a good Catholic Emperor.

wouldnt a catholic emperor be subservient to the pope?
no quarter.
Satisfaction guaranteed.

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:46 am

Nation name in proper language: 花降岳|पुष्पद्वीप
Theravada Buddhist
李贽 wrote:There is nothing difficult about becoming a sage, and nothing false about transcending the world of appearances.
Suriyanakhon's alt, finally found my old account's password

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:49 am

Loben The 2nd wrote:
Claorica wrote:
Hapsburgs or Bust.

It's complicated.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jus_exclusivae

Totally Not OEP
Minister

Founded: Mar 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Totally Not OEP » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:49 am

Fahran wrote:So the IOPC found that police took "insufficient action" to prevent the proliferation of Pakistani grooming gangs and the systematic gang rape of non-Muslim teenage girls in Rotherham. The thirteen page report vindicates many of the claims put forward by Tommy Robinson and his ilk, documenting the cavalier attitudes of law enforcement towards the victimization of young girls, a mind-boggling combination of racism (i.e. "Paki shagging") and political correctness run amok, and a deep-rooted complicity in these heinous crimes (some law enforcement officers have been indicted as members of grooming gangs). In my estimation, this report is nothing short of damning. I know a number of right-wing and Islamophobic sources have discussed this issue since 2014 and I've been hesitant to broach the subject because of the strong emotions it elicits and the insistence of many British officials that this simply didn't happen or, if it did happen, that it was exaggerated. With official corroboration and claims that hundreds of thousands of girls may have been victimized in the worst ways imaginable, I believe it's time to discuss it and to question the toxicity of political correctness and the deep-rooted misogyny, racism, and bigotry within the British Pakistani community in the same way we might discuss the deep-rooted racism of the American South.

And by no means do I intend to target all British Muslims or all British Pakistanis in much the same way as I'm not targeting all Southerners when I speak of deep-rooted racism and social dysfunction. You can criticize the toxic aspects of culture without criticizing all the people who belong to that culture and without wishing ill on individual members of a culture. I definitely believe that pedophiles and rapists should face lengthy prison sentences at the absolute least, and, at the moment, I'm leaning towards cowardly politicians and law enforcement officials sharing cells with them.

We need a new Crusade, and for it to be directed in multiple different directions.
We shoot .223's
We'll take your life
We out with the gang
You know we gon' slide

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:50 am

Loben The 2nd wrote:
Claorica wrote:
Hapsburgs or Bust.

Back in the day, Catholic Emperors had shared power with the Papacy. They could even veto Papal candidates.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:54 am

Salus Maior wrote:
Loben The 2nd wrote:

Back in the day, Catholic Emperors had shared power with the Papacy. They could even veto Papal candidates.

Kinda not really.
Catholic Emperors were generally not subservient to the papacy- during some periods the HRE was a partial exception- but they also didn't have the ability to veto a papal candidate. The commonly told story of Emperor Franz Joseph vetoing the papal conclave until Pius X was elected is greatly exaggerated; although he did issue the veto, it was against the leading candidate at the time, not the pope-elect, and he actually came close to winning the next round of voting.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

North German Realm
Senator

Founded: Jan 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby North German Realm » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:54 am

Loben The 2nd wrote:
Claorica wrote:
Hapsburgs or Bust.

As a general rule of law, the Pope and the Emperor's relation isn't that easily defined. Emperors (and kings) often attempted to (with various levels of success) to interfere in the affairs of the Church (spanning from investing their own clergy to recognizing their own Pope to Veto a Cardinal's election). I mean, on paper the Emperor is still subservient to the Pope (as his entire legitimacy comes from being elected by peers and then crowned by said Pope) but you know that's not how it really works irl.
-----------------
-----------------
-----------------
North German Confederation
NationStates Flag Bracket II - 6th place!

Norddeutscher Bund
Homepage || Overview | Sovereign | Chancellor | Military | Legislature || The World
5 Nov, 2020
Die Morgenpost: "We will reconsider our relationship with Poland" Reichskanzler Lagenmauer says after Polish president protested North German ultimatum that made them restore reproductive freedom. | European Society votes not to persecute Hungary for atrocities committed against Serbs, "Giving a rogue state leave to commit genocide as it sees fit." North German delegate bemoans. | Negotiations still underway in Rome, delegates arguing over the extent of indemnities Turkey might be made to pay, lawful status of Turkish collaborators during occupation of Azerbaijan, Cyprus, Syria.

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:59 am

Diopolis wrote:
Nakena wrote:
Probably sooner than later.

However it wasnt unusual to have experts for the dark arts and other stuff. The Tudors had John Dee for example.

Yeah, but the bourbons executed the sorceress and imprisoned the priest. That's not exactly an example of "the house of bourbon took part in black masses on a regular basis".

And regardless that would not be the worst things they did at all.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:07 pm

All that I remember about John Dee is that he claimed to have spoken to angels and had a script that he claimed they wrote in.
Theravada Buddhist
李贽 wrote:There is nothing difficult about becoming a sage, and nothing false about transcending the world of appearances.

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:09 pm

Hanafuridake wrote:All that I remember about John Dee is that he claimed to have spoken to angels and had a script that he claimed they wrote in.

He was also into swinging.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:11 pm

Diopolis wrote:
Hanafuridake wrote:All that I remember about John Dee is that he claimed to have spoken to angels and had a script that he claimed they wrote in.

Good for him.
Theravada Buddhist

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:11 pm

North German Realm wrote:
Loben The 2nd wrote:

As a general rule of law, the Pope and the Emperor's relation isn't that easily defined. Emperors (and kings) often attempted to (with various levels of success) to interfere in the affairs of the Church (spanning from investing their own clergy to recognizing their own Pope to Veto a Cardinal's election). I mean, on paper the Emperor is still subservient to the Pope (as his entire legitimacy comes from being elected by peers and then crowned by said Pope) but you know that's not how it really works irl.

I think it is more they shared power, in theory, the Emperor supreme in worldly matters and the Pope in spiritual matters but of course in reality there was frequent conflicts.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:13 pm

Novus America wrote:
North German Realm wrote:As a general rule of law, the Pope and the Emperor's relation isn't that easily defined. Emperors (and kings) often attempted to (with various levels of success) to interfere in the affairs of the Church (spanning from investing their own clergy to recognizing their own Pope to Veto a Cardinal's election). I mean, on paper the Emperor is still subservient to the Pope (as his entire legitimacy comes from being elected by peers and then crowned by said Pope) but you know that's not how it really works irl.

I think it is more they shared power, in theory, the Emperor supreme in worldly matters and the Pope in spiritual matters but of course in reality there was frequent conflicts.

And the reality was that in spiritual matters the pope mostly won and in worldly matters the emperor mostly won.

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:36 pm

Diopolis wrote:

He also advocated turning England's imperial expansion into a "British Empire", a term he is credited with coining, according to wikipedia.
Last edited by Nakena on Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Yawkland
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corporate Bordello

Postby Yawkland » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:55 pm

Diopolis wrote:

Degenerate
The Commonwealth of Yawkland
A democratic and prosperous, but insular nation founded by wealthy Anglo-American Protestants and British aristocrats in the 1860s. Today it is run by their fashionable descendants who enjoy playing squash and participating in the latest diet fads.

Intensely mistrusting of outsiders, especially Catholics.

Yawkland
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corporate Bordello

Postby Yawkland » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:06 pm

Deacarsia wrote:
Joohan wrote:I always found it morbidly funny how, before the English Civil war, Cromwell, when approached about dissenting against the king, thought the idea of rebellion an afront to God.

Fast forward a few years later, he's pretty much the only guy in the whole country who wants the king dead - and is practically bullying parliament into signing his death sentence.

Made a hell of a movie too...

Interesting information!

Either way, Cromwell was a regicidal dictator and a villainous butcher, truly an evil man.

False.
The Commonwealth of Yawkland
A democratic and prosperous, but insular nation founded by wealthy Anglo-American Protestants and British aristocrats in the 1860s. Today it is run by their fashionable descendants who enjoy playing squash and participating in the latest diet fads.

Intensely mistrusting of outsiders, especially Catholics.

North German Realm
Senator

Founded: Jan 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby North German Realm » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:53 pm

Yawkland wrote:
Deacarsia wrote:Interesting information!

Either way, Cromwell was a regicidal dictator and a villainous butcher, truly an evil man.

False.

So he wasn't a regicide and a dictator? Or he wasn't a villainous butcher responsible for much of the atrocities that (at least) Ireland suffered in the era? Or are these acts not evil? I mean regicide is debatable (beyond whether any murder is evil or not)
-----------------
-----------------
-----------------
North German Confederation
NationStates Flag Bracket II - 6th place!

Norddeutscher Bund
Homepage || Overview | Sovereign | Chancellor | Military | Legislature || The World
5 Nov, 2020
Die Morgenpost: "We will reconsider our relationship with Poland" Reichskanzler Lagenmauer says after Polish president protested North German ultimatum that made them restore reproductive freedom. | European Society votes not to persecute Hungary for atrocities committed against Serbs, "Giving a rogue state leave to commit genocide as it sees fit." North German delegate bemoans. | Negotiations still underway in Rome, delegates arguing over the extent of indemnities Turkey might be made to pay, lawful status of Turkish collaborators during occupation of Azerbaijan, Cyprus, Syria.

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:59 pm

Yawkland wrote:
Deacarsia wrote:Interesting information!

False.

Charles I did nothing wrong.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:07 pm

Bear Stearns wrote:
Give me my Calvinist theocracy. Massachusetts Bay, All Day, Every Day!

Hardline Calvinist culture can't sustain itself over time. I think Massachusetts itself proves that much.

Their "city on a hill" project burnt itself off, and they ended up distancing themselves from Calvinism on their own.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:17 pm

Fahran wrote:
Nakena wrote:I believe this might be deserving of an own thread.

Perhaps. I'll work on writing a more fleshed-out OP. I've seen a few other articles on the scandals. How long until someone rushes in to call me an Islamophobe despite my very overt Islamophilia?

I mean, what does it matter? Those aren't really the people who care much about those Pakistanis anyway, or the little girls who were abused. This is a very serious issue, and while duh, the gangs are responsible for the grooming and raping of young girls, it's the British police who condescended and tried to hand-wave the issue. It needs to be discussed and brought to the forefront, regardless of asinine comments people might make which erode productive conversation. There's a very clear difference between encouraging healthy multiculturalism and viewing certain ethnic groups as dumb dogs who can't be held as responsible for their actions. Not only is it insulting to the girls who were raped and who are not getting justice, but it's insulting to other Pakistani-Brits who do follow the law and who are considered not fully capable of doing so for...reasons.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Deacarsia
Ambassador

Founded: May 12, 2019
Right-wing Utopia

Right-Wing Discussion Thread

Postby Deacarsia » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:43 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Claorica wrote:
Hapsburgs or Bust.

This.
Visit vaticancatholic.com

Extra Ecclésiam nulla salus

Deacarsia
Ambassador

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Deacarsia » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:44 pm

Bear Stearns wrote:
Claorica wrote:
Hapsburgs or Bust.

Give me my Calvinist theocracy. Massachusetts Bay, All Day, Every Day!

No, heretic.

Deacarsia
Ambassador

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Deacarsia » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:44 pm

Bear Stearns wrote:Franklin Roosevelt was a warmongering tyrant and the closest thing the US has ever had to a dictator. Change my mind.

I totally agree!

Greater Catarapania
Envoy

Founded: Apr 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Catarapania » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:46 pm

Loben The 2nd wrote:
Claorica wrote:
Hapsburgs or Bust.

Good point. We'd best wait until Francis kicks the bucket to execute operation "United States of Austria-Hungary."

If I'm going to be ruled by Papists, I'm going to wait until there's a more conservative Pope. I can get behind the operation as a Baptist, but only if it'll actually fix things, you know?
Greater Catarapania is a firm-sf PMT nation with a quasi-atompunk tech base.

Pro: life, family values, vaccination, Christianity, Scholastic philosophy, chivalry, guns, nuclear power
Anti: feminism, divorce, LGBT anything, racism, secularism, Hume's fork, Trump

Used to post as the nation "Theris Carencia," until I screwed up badly enough to want to make another nation and try again. Protip: letting AI run your economy doesn't give them any rights, it just makes you a socialist.

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:08 pm

Claorica wrote:
Northern Davincia wrote:The Windsor dynasty is repugnant. If we have the grave misfortune to have a monarchy at all, let it be anyone else.

Hapsburgs or Bust.

A Catholic Emperor in a country with a very strong Protestant tradition doesn't seem like it would end well.
Theravada Buddhist

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General