NATION

PASSWORD

Virginia declares emergency Militias threaten to seize Gov.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bienenhalde
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bienenhalde » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:41 pm

Nazeroth wrote:
New Paine wrote:dude...it's not excsluive you are right, but the methods of reporting are outrageous, "an outbreak of terrorism on american soil"

really.......someone had to check this and approve it and they DID which should speak volumes.

How is threatening a democratically elected legislature by marching around with heavy weaponry not terrorism?

Nazeroth
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nazeroth » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:44 pm

New Paine wrote:
Paddy O Fernature wrote:
Also, regardless, just because it says "opinion" doesn't give the paper a free pass to flat out publish literally fake news whenever it feels like it to sway public opinion on a matter.

Actually, if it is labeled as an opinion piece, an article can literally say anything. I actually disagree with the article as much or even more than my fellow pro-gun rights people on this thread, but I’m not going to get worked up for news outlets publishing articles LABLED AS OPINION that I don’t like. Opinion pieces are not news.

Except that its a large news agency and such opinion, pushed to the fore front, can influence people.
Comically Evil Member of the Anti-Democracy League
Government: Tyrannical Feudal Despotism
"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you..."
"The meek will inherit nothing..."
"Behold and despair fools"
"We will sail to a billion worlds...we will sail until every light has been extinguished"

Bienenhalde
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bienenhalde » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:44 pm

Nazeroth wrote:
Paddy O Fernature wrote:
Or posted a picture from a BLM rally under the header "Boko Haram Rally Underway in Anytown USA!"

I could give it more of a pass if it was some low key, not very well followed website that was fringe but this was the The philidelphia Inquier

Yes the MSM is fake as fuck and honestly, Trump is right, they are the enemy to the common people because the stuff they spout is just...totalitarian levels of propaganda.

It would be erronious to conflate the billionare gun company executives who fund the NRA or a small number of fringe extremists with guns with the common people.

Telconi
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:45 pm

Bienenhalde wrote:
Nazeroth wrote:

How is threatening a democratically elected legislature by marching around with heavy weaponry not terrorism?

Generally terrorism refers to actual violence, not the implied threat of violence.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:45 pm

Bienenhalde wrote:
Nazeroth wrote:

I'd say it's safe to say that only one guy was marching around with what would be considered a "heavy Weapon", and he clearly wasn't terrorizing anyone. So that pretty much sinks you're poorly thought out narrative here...

Also daily reminder that a peaceful protest/rally ISN'T terrorism and your hurt feelings isn't justification to call it so.
Last edited by Paddy O Fernature on Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Proud Co-Founder of The Axis Commonwealth - Would you like to know more?
SJW! Why? Some nobody on the internet who has never met me accused me of being one, so it absolutely MUST be true! *Nod Nod*

Nazeroth
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nazeroth » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:46 pm

Bienenhalde wrote:
Nazeroth wrote:

"democratically elected"

let me educate you on something: When your the governor of a province/state in a nation and then you completley go against your entire state/province just because a single city voted you in, your probably not doing your job well, not to mention.
"We will sail to a billion worlds...we will sail until every light has been extinguished"

New Paine
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby New Paine » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:46 pm

Nazeroth wrote:
New Paine wrote:
Actually, if it is labeled as an opinion piece, an article can literally say anything. I actually disagree with the article as much or even more than my fellow pro-gun rights people on this thread, but I’m not going to get worked up for news outlets publishing articles LABLED AS OPINION that I don’t like. Opinion pieces are not news.

Except that its a large news agency and such opinion, pushed to the fore front, can influence people.

And right-wing and/or pro-gun opinion pieces can also influence people. We can see that right-wing “news outlets” such as the Daily Wire and Fox News has HUDGE influence on people :p
Last edited by New Paine on Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud American. 27. Gay. Center-right. Agnostic-Atheist. Gamer.
Formerly “South Paine” I got locked out of my account.
More about me

Bienenhalde
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bienenhalde » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:48 pm

Telconi wrote:
Bienenhalde wrote:

Generally terrorism refers to actual violence, not the implied threat of violence.

Threats of violence are at the very least immoral and toxic to civil discourse, if not illegal.

Nazeroth
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nazeroth » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:49 pm

Bienenhalde wrote:
Telconi wrote:

Threats of violence are at the very least immoral and toxic to civil discourse, if not illegal.

so at what point do we start driving black vans in front of peoples houses and snatching them in the night? I'm just curious.

The of Korea
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 29, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The of Korea » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:49 pm

Nazeroth wrote:
Bienenhalde wrote:

"democratically elected"

let me educate you on something: When your the governor of a province/state in a nation and then you completley go against your entire state/province just because a single city voted you in, your probably not doing your job well, not to mention.

Richmond City is less than 1/20th of Virginia's population. It was a combination of NOVA, Hampton Roads, and Richmond plus its burbs that helped Governor Northram win by an 8 point margin back in 2017.

Telconi
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:51 pm

Bienenhalde wrote:
Telconi wrote:

They're not immoral in the slightest, we're not engaged in civil discourse, and they're evidently not illegal, seeing as a picture of that fellow just got posted posing with a bunch of police officers.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Nazeroth
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nazeroth » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:52 pm

Telconi wrote:
Bienenhalde wrote:

They're not immoral in the slightest, we're not engaged in civil discourse, and they're evidently not illegal, seeing as a picture of that fellow just got posted posing with a bunch of police officers.

Counter-Revolutionarys that must be dealt with in the future comrade

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:58 pm

Big Jim P wrote:Thousands of armed 2A supporters and no shooting, no rioting and no arrests. They even cleaned up after themselves unlike some. :)

The disappointed wails of the leftists, dems and MSM are music to my ears. :rofl:

I also noted an extreme lack of antifa. I guess they don't like to play where they may end up shot. ;)

Antifa was there. Just this time they where among the protesters and not against them
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Nazeroth
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nazeroth » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:59 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Big Jim P wrote:Thousands of armed 2A supporters and no shooting, no rioting and no arrests. They even cleaned up after themselves unlike some. :)

The disappointed wails of the leftists, dems and MSM are music to my ears. :rofl:

I also noted an extreme lack of antifa. I guess they don't like to play where they may end up shot. ;)

Antifa was there. Just this time they where among the protesters and not against them

yeah, and they couldn't get away with attacking people this time either, a bit hard to show up to a 30K strong armed rally and attack conservatives.

2. Yeah, they were there in small amounts and only because they want weapons to overthrow capitalists.

Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:59 pm

Telconi wrote:
Bienenhalde wrote:

That's also not the only pic of law enforcement either posing with rally goers or taking part in the rally itself.

SJW! Why? Some nobody on the internet who has never met me accused me of being one, so it absolutely MUST be true! *Nod Nod*

Bienenhalde
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bienenhalde » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:00 pm

Thermodolia wrote:Antifa was there. Just this time they where among the protesters and not against them

It would be nice if we could just crack down on those troublemakers and impose law and order!

Nazeroth
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nazeroth » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:01 pm

Bienenhalde wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Antifa was there. Just this time they where among the protesters and not against them

It would be nice if we could just crack down on those troublemakers and impose law and order!

nah, only when they do stupid shit like hit people with bike locks or trash business, then they get locked up.

Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:01 pm

Nazeroth wrote:

yeah, and they couldn't get away with attacking people this time either, a bit hard to show up to a 30K strong armed rally and attack conservatives.

2. Yeah, they were there in small amounts and only because they want weapons to overthrow capitalists.

Actually... despite initial reports, this may not actually be true.

Nazeroth
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nazeroth » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:04 pm

apparently the VA govenor is introducing a new bill that turns "harassment online" into a misdomenor

he just can't stop himself can he?

Loben The 2nd
Senator

Founded: Apr 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Loben The 2nd » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:05 pm

Nazeroth wrote:apparently the VA govenor is introducing a new bill that turns "harassment online" into a misdomenor

"t-they kept calling me a pussy!"
no quarter.
Satisfaction guaranteed.

Telconi
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:06 pm

Nazeroth wrote:apparently the VA govenor is introducing a new bill that turns "harassment online" into a misdomenor

Bad people do bad things, this is pretty well established in history.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

Nazeroth
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nazeroth » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:06 pm

Loben The 2nd wrote:

"harassment" i wonder how low that bar will be set...

Loben The 2nd
Senator

Founded: Apr 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Loben The 2nd » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:07 pm

Nazeroth wrote:
Loben The 2nd wrote:

"harassment" i wonder how low that bar will be set...

if it somehow offends the good people of richmond, NOVA.............
no quarter.
Satisfaction guaranteed.

Satuga
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Satuga » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:07 pm

Paddy O Fernature wrote:
Nazeroth wrote:

"Neo-nazis" lmao
Alt-Acc: Kronotek.
Funny quotes:
Infected Mushroom wrote:I don’t like democracy. It’s messy, disorderly, unclean.

I much prefer uniforms, soldiers, clear lines of authority, order.
Tarsonis wrote:
Fartsniffage wrote:Can the pair of you go do it in one of the myriad American politics threads?

(Image)

So help me I will throw your tea into the harbor again

Nazeroth
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nazeroth » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:10 pm

Satuga wrote:
Paddy O Fernature wrote:

"Neo-nazis" lmao

imagine being so brainwashed that you think a 30K+ people owning guns and being peaceful and asking for freedom of speech and firearms to be "neo-nazis"

I will say this, if the democrats win, we DESERVE whatever tyranny comes.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General