NATION

PASSWORD

Is there anyone out there who isn't funny?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Xmara
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Xmara » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:05 pm

People have said that I’m funny.

Of course, by “said people,” I mean my mother, who also genuinely thinks that Jack and Jill is one of the most hilarious movies ever.
/ˈzmaːrʌ/
Info
Our Leader
Status- Code Green- All clear
I mostly use NS stats, except for population and tax rates.
We are not Estonia.
A 16.8 civilization, according to this index.
Flag Waver

Support
Ukraine

Nuroblav
Minister

Founded: Nov 13, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuroblav » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:07 pm

Xmara wrote:People have said that I’m funny.

Of course, by “said people,” I mean my mother, who also genuinely thinks that Jack and Jill is one of the most hilarious movies ever.

Now there's someone we can add: Adam Sandler. Never understood why people find him funny.
Your NS mutualist(?), individualist, metalhead and all-round...err...human. TG if you have any questions about my political or musical views.

Economic Left/Right: -4.75, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -9.03

\m/ METAL IS BASED \m/

The Lone Alliance
Powerbroker

Founded: May 25, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Lone Alliance » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:10 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
United Muscovite Nations wrote:Yes, I've met them. The key though is to be funny all the time. Or be handsome, in which case they'll laugh with you even if your jokes suck.

Or be Stalin. I'm sure every time he cracked a joke, everyone laughed, because the last to start laughing was the first off to Siberia

He apparently cracked a lot of jokes about himself which left people unsure if they should laugh or not.

If you laugh at the joke you're laughing about something insulting about Stalin and that's a gulag.
But you don't laugh you're saying Stalin isn't a good comedian and that's a gulag.
"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger." -Herman Goering
--------------
War is cruelty, and you cannot refine it; -William Tecumseh Sherman

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:12 pm

There's also Lily Singh, who is found funny mainly by the woke crowd because you gotta applaud the minority comedian (except why support an unfunny comedian of color when Dave Chappelle, DL Hughley, George Lopez, Bernie Mac, Richard Pryor, Godfrey Danchimah and Gabriel Iglesias exist).
Last edited by Rojava Free State on Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Nuroblav
Minister

Founded: Nov 13, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuroblav » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:14 pm

The Lone Alliance wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:
Or be Stalin. I'm sure every time he cracked a joke, everyone laughed, because the last to start laughing was the first off to Siberia

He apparently cracked a lot of jokes about himself which left people unsure if they should laugh or not.

If you laugh at the joke you're laughing about something insulting about Stalin and that's a gulag.
But you don't laugh you're saying Stalin isn't a good comedian and that's a gulag.

Roosevelt and Stalin are at the meeting. Roosevelt says, "One beautiful thing about America is that we have freedom of speech. That means that anybody can stand in front of the White House and say, "Roosevelt is a piece of shit" and nobody would pay any attention. Stalin says, "We have freedom of speech in the Soviet Union too. Anybody can stand in front of the Kremlin and say, "Roosevelt is a piece of shit" and no one would bat an eye.
Your NS mutualist(?), individualist, metalhead and all-round...err...human. TG if you have any questions about my political or musical views.

Economic Left/Right: -4.75, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -9.03

\m/ METAL IS BASED \m/

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:14 pm

The Lone Alliance wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

Moral of the story, avoid Stalin at all costs
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:17 pm

Eh probably.

Im not particularly funny, ill say that, im not. But ive had my occasional moments where ive made people laugh pretty hard, even had a friend at uni in tears once over a very stupid and silly joke, but not one she expected from me which added to the humour i guess.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:18 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:Eh probably.

Im not particularly funny, ill say that, im not. But ive had my occasional moments where ive made people laugh pretty hard, even had a friend at uni in tears once over a very stupid and silly joke, but not one she expected from me which added to the humour i guess.

How are you Irish but not funny? You can't just go and break stereotypes like that. Only im allowed to
Last edited by Rojava Free State on Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:24 pm

So, if I have a median income, and my fiscal partner also has a median income, would the latter be a co-median income?
The Blaatschapen should resign

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:27 pm

The Blaatschapen wrote:So, if I have a median income, and my fiscal partner also has a median income, would the latter be a co-median income?

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:27 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Eh probably.

How are you Irish but not funny? You can't just go and break stereotypes like that. Only im allowed to

I defy your stereotypes and substitute them with my own
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:29 pm

Me.

On the "how funny are you scale", ranging from "physically incapable of laughter" to "professional comedian", I'm a solid "that guy who hates memes"
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:29 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

I defy your stereotypes and substitute them with my own

Somebody: Irish people are funny and jolly

Huskar doing a jedi mind trick: Irish people are not funny and jolly

Somebody: Irish people are not funny and jolly

Huskar: you'll go home and shut the fuck up

Somebody: I'll go home and shut the fuck up

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:30 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:I defy your stereotypes and substitute them with my own

Somebody: Irish people are funny and jolly

Huskar doing a jedi mind trick: Irish people are not funny and jolly

Somebody: Irish people are not funny and jolly

Huskar: you'll go home and shut the fuck up

Somebody: I'll go home and shut the fuck up

Pretty accurate not gona lie

Thepeopl
Minister

Founded: Feb 24, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Thepeopl » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:30 pm

I ain't funny! I am weird.

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:23 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:
Yeah, actually you're right. There is someone who doesn't make people laugh

Must be doing something right if people keep bringing her up.

It's called "infamy".
☆ American Patriot ☆ Civic Nationalist ☆ Rocker & Metalhead ☆ Heretical Christian ☆
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Reminder that Donald J. Trump is officially a traitor to the United States of America as of January 6th, 2021
The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ
Wanted Fugitive of the Chinese Communist Party
Unapologetic stan for Lana Beniko - #1 Sith Waifu

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:27 pm

Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:
Gormwood wrote:Must be doing something right if people keep bringing her up.

It's called "infamy".

Obscurity is the hardest punishment.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:30 pm

Gormwood wrote:
It's called "infamy".

Incorrect. You can't publicly shame the obscure.
Last edited by Trollzyn the Infinite on Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
☆ American Patriot ☆ Civic Nationalist ☆ Rocker & Metalhead ☆ Heretical Christian ☆
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Reminder that Donald J. Trump is officially a traitor to the United States of America as of January 6th, 2021
The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:31 pm

Gormwood wrote:
It's called "infamy".

Say what you will about me, just make sure to spell my name right.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:31 pm

Gormwood wrote:Obscurity is the hardest punishment.

There's no such thing as bad publicity. Look at Trump.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:32 pm

Gormwood wrote:

Or 6ix9ine

Gladesville
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gladesville » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:33 pm

AMY SCHUMER
One of the few nation's with a frightening economy, without a single car. One of the most developed nations, but our government is corrupt as fridge. Tourist hot-spot, but the ruler Vindalbal II refuses to even put basic footwear on. Environmentalist, Nationalist, Vincaracist, Gladesville. PewDiePie is also a nasty person.
Reaches about 0.16695572432 on the Greenness Index.

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:34 pm

Gormwood wrote:

The problem with Trump is he has no shame so you can't shame him. Whereas normal people do feel shame.

The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:34 pm

Gormwood wrote:There's no such thing as bad publicity. Look at Trump.

The problem with Trump is he has no shame so you can't shame him. Whereas normal people do feel shame.

Does amy schumer feel shame?

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:35 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:

Does amy schumer feel shame?

Given how awkwardly she delivers her stolen jokes, I'd assume so.

The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General