NATION

PASSWORD

The health and fitness thread 2: 2020 or bust

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

The health and fitness thread 2: 2020 or bust

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:11 pm

If I could have typed in more words, I would have named it "for the survival of our new years resolutions" but I was limited in how much I could put up there.

Several months ago on nationstates, there was a thread known as the health and fitness thread which is remembered by about 5 people at most and was on the front page of the general discussion for maybe a month. While that previous thread may be long gone, it's memory lives on right here. But this isn't just any old fitness thread. This concerns the beginning of this new year, and the most common genetic resolution anyone can make, which is "being a healthier person in 2020." Some people will make it. Some wont. I'm sure many a person will go back to being a couch potato in only a week, but maybe you will find new motivation to continue your long journey to a healthier body and mind right here in these pages.

To kick off this new thread, I wanna discuss what my goals have been for this year regarding my health. I've been getting back into the gym again with three things on my mind:

•Increasing my strength
•Increasing muscle mass
•Keeping the weight off so I don't look like brown fat Albert by the time summer rolls around

We all know what exercise is but do we know how? I'll start this off by asking you all what your goals are this year regarding fitness, and whether you have just started to have a focus on it or whether you've been living a healthy lifestyle for some time now. Do you have any tips for beginners in the gym? If you've been living your new years resolution from a previous new year by this point, how have things turned out? Let me know down below
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:11 pm

I still swim about five days a week, 2 miles a day or so. Although, my goal for this new year is to be more adventurous in how I exercise. I love hiking, but don't always find the time, but I'd love to see what else I can do in addition to swimming and occasional hikes. I've tried running, which is fine, and some weight lifting regiments which I don't hate but I'm certainly not passionate about the same way I am with swim.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:32 pm

Major-Tom wrote:I still swim about five days a week, 2 miles a day or so. Although, my goal for this new year is to be more adventurous in how I exercise. I love hiking, but don't always find the time, but I'd love to see what else I can do in addition to swimming and occasional hikes. I've tried running, which is fine, and some weight lifting regiments which I don't hate but I'm certainly not passionate about the same way I am with swim.

I can't swim without almost drowning and I wish I could hike, but it's winter in Michigan and the weather is getting worse
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Phoenicaea
Ambassador

Founded: May 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Phoenicaea » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:36 am

all harshness with whom swim comes, is fear of the shark. don t turn, then stay not as agitate yet not too calm, and you have learnt to.
Last edited by Phoenicaea on Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dazchan
Senator

Founded: Mar 24, 2006
Father Knows Best State

Postby Dazchan » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:25 am

I’m trying to lose some weight before I knock the Earth out of its orbit. I’ve lost about 10kg so far, but I still have quite a bit to go before I’m a healthy weight. My main problem is finding things that work and that I can also stick to.
At the moment, it’s mostly diet, but I do have a gym/pool membership that I’ll be using once I lose some more weight and won’t be so embarrassed.
If you can read this, thank your teachers.

Isles of Metanoia
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Isles of Metanoia » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:35 am

Oooh this would be fun. I used to be really active and had abs and shit but I got busy lately and lost it. I want to be active in MMA again and regain my lost physique. Inwill post my progress here.
From the Philippines; Roman Catholic but Cosmopolitan; A member of the Alt-Lite.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:13 am

Isles of Metanoia wrote:Oooh this would be fun. I used to be really active and had abs and shit but I got busy lately and lost it. I want to be active in MMA again and regain my lost physique. Inwill post my progress here.

One thing a lot of people don't know is getting abs is as much about a healthy diet as it is about exercise. You're only gonna seem em if your BMI is super low, because unless your body is less than 10% fat, a layer of fat is just gonna cover them

Bieva
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Bieva » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:36 am

Great thread idea!

I'm a runner/general cardio addict trying to get into lifting - obviously don't want to get too bulky, but I'd like to get stronger and have a fuller figure. I'm also trying to get into a rowing crew rn so lots of upper body strength needed! Currently at 19,7 BMI, 16% body fat, 30% muscle mass.

Rojava Free State wrote:
Isles of Metanoia wrote:Oooh this would be fun. I used to be really active and had abs and shit but I got busy lately and lost it. I want to be active in MMA again and regain my lost physique. Inwill post my progress here.

One thing a lot of people don't know is getting abs is as much about a healthy diet as it is about exercise. You're only gonna seem em if your BMI is super low, because unless your body is less than 10% fat, a layer of fat is just gonna cover them

I think you mean body fat percentage.

Tbh even the bf% guides you find online aren't great indicators of how you might look at a certain body fat level. As a woman at 16% body fat I should have bikini model-level abs, but I don't :lol: basically everyone's body is different and muscle mass % is also really important.
Last edited by Bieva on Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
hmm, should i write a factbook?
All NS stats ARE canon except population (for obvious reasons) and income tax (which, going off government spending as % of GDP, should average 15%)

An Alan Smithee Nation
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby An Alan Smithee Nation » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:50 am

I've found the best solution to any wavering motivation I might have to go running is a Ulysses contract with a friend. We always go running together once a week come rain, snow, ice, alien invasion - simply because of the pressure not to let each other down. It's worked for about ten years now with only about four sickness cry offs.
Everything is intertwinkled

Asle Leopolka
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Asle Leopolka » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:25 am

Motivation/post theme

PROTIP: Gyms will start being considerably less crowded after this weekend. I always time my deload/rest weeks to ensure they fall on the first week of January so the NYR crowd doesn't interfere with my stuff.

I played rugby for 12 years so my knees and shoulders are basically confetti. I can't run or do other high impact exercises (yet strangely I'm fine doing Olympic lifts and the stairmaster), so I primarily do weight and resistance training with swimming and other anaerobic cardio. Right now I'm running:

M: Chest, arms, abs, back
Tu: Rowing/swimming
W: Legs, shoulders, abs
Th: Rowing/stairmaster
F: Back, arms, abs, chest
Sat: Full body, Olympic lifting and kettlebell anaerobic cardio
Sun: Rest

For people just getting into weight training, here are a few pieces of advice:
1. Start with the barbell "compound exercises" to build your strength base. These are the barbell bench press, overhead press, squat, deadlift, and bent row. These work multiple muscle groups and will help build strength more effectively.
2. DO NOT OVERTRAIN! Make sure each muscle group is given 2-3 days rest between workouts. You want to dedicate one day of rest a week, usually Sundays.
3. You want to be fatigued but not dead after each set. Choose a weight that is doable but still makes you work for it, usually 75% of your 1RM. Allow 1 to 3 minutes rest between sets, depending on how heavy you're working.
4. Don't forget cardio! It only kills gains if you overtrain and don't eat right.
5. Don't overcomplicate workouts. A good base platform for people completely new to lifting and don't have any strength foundation is something like

Workout A (A): Bench or OHP (alternate between workouts) 5x5 or 4x6, Squat 5x5 or 4x6, 2-3 accessory workouts (tricep pushdown, dips, ab work, shrugs, lateral raises, pec fly, delt fly, incline bench press, calf raises, leg curls, etc), 3x10 or 4x8
Workout B (B): Deadlift 5x1, bent row 4x6 or 5x5, 2-3 accessory workouts (curls, ab work, pullups, chinups, etc) 3x10 or 4x8
Cardio (c): Whatever gets your heartrate up for 30 minutes

Week 1: AcBcAcx
Week 2: BcAcBcx

Do this for about 3 months to get a solid base and then you can alter your workout to fit your needs.

6. Warm up and stretch before every workout. And remember that FORM IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN LIFTING A BUNCH OF HEAVY ASS WEIGHT. Ignore this and you'll be in snap city with a fuckton of pain.

And 7. DO NOT ignore your diet! Eat lean protein, whole grains, plenty of veggies, and limit/eliminate sugary foods and drinks (I haven't drank soda since high school). Ignore fad diets - 95% of them are bullshit that lead to yo-yo dieting and don't work long term (I'm looking at you, keto). My fiance is a dietitian and will tell this to everyone she meets. If you need help with your diet, meet with a registered dietitian and keep a food diary.

Bieva wrote:Great thread idea!

I'm a runner/general cardio addict trying to get into lifting - obviously don't want to get too bulky, but I'd like to get stronger and have a fuller figure. I'm also trying to get into a rowing crew rn so lots of upper body strength needed! Currently at 19,7 BMI, 16% body fat, 30% muscle mass.

First, you won't get "too bulky" unless you lift heavy ass weight 4 times a week. My fiance was in the same boat until she met with a personal trainer at our gym to get a weight routine made up; it's basically this workout. Second, rowing is 2/3 legs, 1/3 back and arms. You use your legs as the main force driver while your back and arms basically stabilize and control the force (Source)
W̵̲͔͇͒̌̉̆̇͛̋ͅa̸̢̼̺̅̉̊͝l̶̟͈̳̗͒͜l̷̫͝ ̶̱̱̘͖̙̬͖̈́̏̕͘ō̴̼̭̥͔̮̟͒̒͒ͅn̴̖̦͎̯͕̈́̿͘͠ ̸̞̼͉͙́͐̏͝ẗ̴̮͕̰̫̖͉̩̍͆̂͛͝h̵̖̋̉̾̎͆e̸̞̩̳̲͙͎͑ ̴̩̈̽̈́͑S̵̯̮̟͈͎̭͠t̸͍̗̹̬͉̙̓͆̔̿r̸̡̤̺̱̹͈̦͑̈́̅ẹ̶̮͔̳̆͆̄̏̔e̴̢̺͚̠̟͕̋̄̂̓̽͘t̴̢̡̩͙̫̼̚,̸̩̖͌̈́͐̇ ̷̨͐͆P̵̳̦͗r̶̹̪̯͕̬̰̍̓͆o̷̠̱͙̠͔̗̫̽f̶̱͙͇̼̬̮̻̊͌̋į̸̯̩̖͇̍͋̓̾́̏̽ͅt̴͇̬͍̗̺̀̈́̈́͗͊ ̴̧̯̼̩͑̓̒͗i̷̪̲̜̮̼̲̎͑͊̂̕n̶͍̂ ̴͓̻̤̬͎̫̹̎͌̈́́̕͝t̸̺͚͍̕h̷͖͎̙͍̬̫̰̍̀̃̿̓e̷̛̩̔̑̌̾͊ ̵̤̖͎͔͖̂͘͝S̴̳͖̩̪͕̒͒̌͌͝h̷̝͇̱̝̻̓̓͂͑̒ȅ̶̛̞̱̮̏͐͜ḕ̷͙͉̄͜ť̸̫̩̟s̴̲̲̏̑̏̇͆͂͘͜

ᛖᚷᛟ ᛋᚢᛗ ᛒᛖᛋᛏᛁᚨ ᛖᚷᛟ ᚲᚢᛚᛏᚢᛋ
Personality: Chaotic Good | ENTJ | Math dominant | Pro business
Politically: Classical liberal | Pro 2A | Pro Choice | Behavioral economist

Bieva
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Bieva » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:55 am

Asle Leopolka wrote:Motivation/post theme

PROTIP: Gyms will start being considerably less crowded after this weekend. I always time my deload/rest weeks to ensure they fall on the first week of January so the NYR crowd doesn't interfere with my stuff.

I played rugby for 12 years so my knees and shoulders are basically confetti. I can't run or do other high impact exercises (yet strangely I'm fine doing Olympic lifts and the stairmaster), so I primarily do weight and resistance training with swimming and other anaerobic cardio. Right now I'm running:

1. Start with the barbell "compound exercises" to build your strength base. These are the barbell bench press, overhead press, squat, deadlift, and bent row. These work multiple muscle groups and will help build strength more effectively.
2. DO NOT OVERTRAIN! Make sure each muscle group is given 2-3 days rest between workouts. You want to dedicate one day of rest a week, usually Sundays.
3. You want to be fatigued but not dead after each set. Choose a weight that is doable but still makes you work for it, usually 75% of your 1RM. Allow 1 to 3 minutes rest between sets, depending on how heavy you're working.
4. Don't forget cardio! It only kills gains if you overtrain and don't eat right.
5. Don't overcomplicate workouts. A good base platform for people completely new to lifting and don't have any strength foundation is something like

Workout A (A): Bench or OHP (alternate between workouts) 5x5 or 4x6, Squat 5x5 or 4x6, 2-3 accessory workouts (tricep pushdown, dips, ab work, shrugs, lateral raises, pec fly, delt fly, incline bench press, calf raises, leg curls, etc), 3x10 or 4x8
Workout B (B): Deadlift 5x1, bent row 4x6 or 5x5, 2-3 accessory workouts (curls, ab work, pullups, chinups, etc) 3x10 or 4x8

Do this for about 3 months to get a solid base and then you can alter your workout to fit your needs.

6. Warm up and stretch before every workout. And remember that FORM IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN LIFTING A BUNCH OF HEAVY ASS WEIGHT. Ignore this and you'll be in snap city with a fuckton of pain.

And 7. DO NOT ignore your diet! Eat lean protein, whole grains, plenty of veggies, and limit/eliminate sugary foods and drinks (I haven't drank soda since high school). Ignore fad diets - 95% of them are bullshit that lead to yo-yo dieting and don't work long term (I'm looking at you, keto). My fiance is a dietitian and will tell this to everyone she meets. If you need help with your diet, meet with a registered dietitian and keep a food diary.

First, you won't get "too bulky" unless you lift heavy ass weight 4 times a week. My fiance was in the same boat until she met with a personal trainer at our gym to get a weight routine made up; it's basically this workout. Second, rowing is 2/3 legs, 1/3 back and arms. You use your legs as the main force driver while your back and arms basically stabilize and control the force (Source)

Yeah my upper body is just v weak rn so I need to work on it :')
hmm, should i write a factbook?
All NS stats ARE canon except population (for obvious reasons) and income tax (which, going off government spending as % of GDP, should average 15%)

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:29 pm

That's a lot of math

Isles of Metanoia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Isles of Metanoia » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:08 pm

Just posting muh previous body. Im diffrent now since Im now an utter fatso but in the past was an avid Football player, MMA afficionado and shit. However. I never got serious into weight lifting.

Id like to try that.

Muh past pics...

I lurved sports

Muh abs

From the Philippines; Roman Catholic but Cosmopolitan; A member of the Alt-Lite.

Asle Leopolka
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Asle Leopolka » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:52 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:

That's a lot of math

Not really. You figure out your max for each lift and use 3/4 of it for reps. When I say 4x6 or whatever I mean four sets of six reps.
W̵̲͔͇͒̌̉̆̇͛̋ͅa̸̢̼̺̅̉̊͝l̶̟͈̳̗͒͜l̷̫͝ ̶̱̱̘͖̙̬͖̈́̏̕͘ō̴̼̭̥͔̮̟͒̒͒ͅn̴̖̦͎̯͕̈́̿͘͠ ̸̞̼͉͙́͐̏͝ẗ̴̮͕̰̫̖͉̩̍͆̂͛͝h̵̖̋̉̾̎͆e̸̞̩̳̲͙͎͑ ̴̩̈̽̈́͑S̵̯̮̟͈͎̭͠t̸͍̗̹̬͉̙̓͆̔̿r̸̡̤̺̱̹͈̦͑̈́̅ẹ̶̮͔̳̆͆̄̏̔e̴̢̺͚̠̟͕̋̄̂̓̽͘t̴̢̡̩͙̫̼̚,̸̩̖͌̈́͐̇ ̷̨͐͆P̵̳̦͗r̶̹̪̯͕̬̰̍̓͆o̷̠̱͙̠͔̗̫̽f̶̱͙͇̼̬̮̻̊͌̋į̸̯̩̖͇̍͋̓̾́̏̽ͅt̴͇̬͍̗̺̀̈́̈́͗͊ ̴̧̯̼̩͑̓̒͗i̷̪̲̜̮̼̲̎͑͊̂̕n̶͍̂ ̴͓̻̤̬͎̫̹̎͌̈́́̕͝t̸̺͚͍̕h̷͖͎̙͍̬̫̰̍̀̃̿̓e̷̛̩̔̑̌̾͊ ̵̤̖͎͔͖̂͘͝S̴̳͖̩̪͕̒͒̌͌͝h̷̝͇̱̝̻̓̓͂͑̒ȅ̶̛̞̱̮̏͐͜ḕ̷͙͉̄͜ť̸̫̩̟s̴̲̲̏̑̏̇͆͂͘͜

Isles of Metanoia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Isles of Metanoia » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:16 pm

Asle Leopolka wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

That's a lot of math

Not really. You figure out your max for each lift and use 3/4 of it for reps. When I say 4x6 or whatever I mean four sets of six reps.

Oh teach me yur magic waize Senpai.

Ive only been to dynamic exercises like team sports and martial arts but I want to get into weight lifting and I am a total noob. But I just seriously want that shredded and aesthetic look you get from weightlifting.
Last edited by Isles of Metanoia on Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Asle Leopolka
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Asle Leopolka » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:48 am

Isles of Metanoia wrote:
Asle Leopolka wrote:Not really. You figure out your max for each lift and use 3/4 of it for reps. When I say 4x6 or whatever I mean four sets of six reps.

Ive only been to dynamic exercises like team sports and martial arts but I want to get into weight lifting and I am a total noob. But I just seriously want that shredded and aesthetic look you get from weightlifting.

Aesthetics are made in the kitchen. A "shredded" look is achieved by having a low body fat percentage and is not sustainable long-term. Last time I measured myself my %BF was 11% and I still have visible abs and decent vascularity; if I wanted to be truly shredded I'd need an uncomfortably low amount of body fat (6 to 7%) and the tradeoff of having low energy, always being hungry, and more easily fatigued are just not worth it.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:09 pm

Asle Leopolka wrote:
Isles of Metanoia wrote:

Aesthetics are made in the kitchen. A "shredded" look is achieved by having a low body fat percentage and is not sustainable long-term. Last time I measured myself my %BF was 11% and I still have visible abs and decent vascularity; if I wanted to be truly shredded I'd need an uncomfortably low amount of body fat (6 to 7%) and the tradeoff of having low energy, always being hungry, and more easily fatigued are just not worth it.

Honestly though being shredded is like trying to be perfect. It's just not super realistic most times and is it really that necessary? So what if I don't have a six pack? I'm still fairly attractive, smart(er than most of the people in my life) and I'm in good physical shape. I feel like exercise should be done for yourself, and not for others

Asle Leopolka
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Asle Leopolka » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:17 am

Rojava Free State wrote:
Asle Leopolka wrote:Aesthetics are made in the kitchen. A "shredded" look is achieved by having a low body fat percentage and is not sustainable long-term. Last time I measured myself my %BF was 11% and I still have visible abs and decent vascularity; if I wanted to be truly shredded I'd need an uncomfortably low amount of body fat (6 to 7%) and the tradeoff of having low energy, always being hungry, and more easily fatigued are just not worth it.

Honestly though being shredded is like trying to be perfect. It's just not super realistic most times and is it really that necessary? So what if I don't have a six pack? I'm still fairly attractive, smart(er than most of the people in my life) and I'm in good physical shape. I feel like exercise should be done for yourself, and not for others

FUN FACT: All those fitness models, actors, bodybuilders, etc. who are shredded in photos are only like that for a few days because of how unobtainable it is long-term. In addition to the low body fat, high vascularity and insane muscle detail are also emphasized by being dehydrated as the Sahara. Even Brad Pitt said his figure in Fight Club was gruesome and not worth it.

As for "doing it for yourself," often times being ripped is for yourself, since if you look good in your own eyes you'll feel good and confident. Personally I enjoy having visible abs, as I felt incredibly uncomfortable when I was overweight or in bulk mode and had a tire around me.

The Rurkovich Imperium
Attaché

Founded: Dec 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rurkovich Imperium » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:03 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:I'll start this off by asking you all what your goals are this year regarding fitness, and whether you have just started to have a focus on it or whether you've been living a healthy lifestyle for some time now. Do you have any tips for beginners in the gym? If you've been living your new years resolution from a previous new year by this point, how have things turned out? Let me know down below

I have some specific ideas in mind for this new year. I worked out somewhat infrequently last year, so this year I want to go to the gym from 7-7:45 am and use the elliptical every weekday. I want to do some warm ups in my dorm beforehand and stretching, which I'm giving myself about 15 minutes to do.

I also plan to cut sweets to just once a weekend day unless I'm out or celebrating something, and continue to eat two meals a day. This diet worked well last year, although the sweets challenge was a bit more difficult than I imagined. So tempting they are, and how conveniently located right next to the main exit too. Also soda, juice, lemonade and the like are all being cut completely. Water is perfectly refreshing on its own.
If you're interested, here is a factbook.
Political Compass*
*Results slightly exaggerated

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Did someone mention my bust?

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:46 pm

Oh. Fitness. Yeah OK I do an adequate amount of exercise but I'm not enthusiastic about it at all.
I report offenses if and only if they are crimes.
No footwear industry: citizens cannot afford new shoes.
High rate of Nobel prizes and other academic achievements.

Cisairse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cisairse » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:52 pm

Asle Leopolka wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

FUN FACT: All those fitness models, actors, bodybuilders, etc. who are shredded in photos are only like that for a few days because of how unobtainable it is long-term. In addition to the low body fat, high vascularity and insane muscle detail are also emphasized by being dehydrated as the Sahara. Even Brad Pitt said his figure in Fight Club was gruesome and not worth it.

As for "doing it for yourself," often times being ripped is for yourself, since if you look good in your own eyes you'll feel good and confident. Personally I enjoy having visible abs, as I felt incredibly uncomfortable when I was overweight or in bulk mode and had a tire around me.

I feel like "gruesome and not worth it" is pretty much the theme of Fight Club anyway.
The details of the above post are subject to leftist infighting.

I officially endorse Fivey Fox for president of the United States.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:12 pm

Asle Leopolka wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

Those models look like their bodies are about to explode. They don't look healthy, they look like they're having some weird anaphylactic reaction

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:45 pm

As mentioned being completely “shredded” is not actually that fit or healthy, nor useful.

Personally I like push ups, pull ups and sit ups, stair climbing. They will not get you huge, but they will help master your own body weight. Too much muscle will actually slow you down.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:55 pm

Novus America wrote:As mentioned being completely “shredded” is not actually that fit or healthy, nor useful.

Personally I like push ups, pull ups and sit ups, stair climbing. They will not get you huge, but they will help master your own body weight. Too much muscle will actually slow you down.

About two times a week I do a full upper body workout, hitting my biceps, triceps, back, abs and pectorals/shoulders, and three times a week I do squats, and everyday except Saturday and Sunday I run the stairs for an hour and go for a walk in the evening. I'm really pushing myself so when I go overseas on vacation this summer, I don't look like TJ Kirk

Kubra
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 15, 2006
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kubra » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:48 pm

Novus America wrote:As mentioned being completely “shredded” is not actually that fit or healthy, nor useful.

Sure but why would you want to be fast instead of min-maxing incremental number gains
plus I mean ooooh the things you can eat
Last edited by Kubra on Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Atomic war is inevitable. It will destroy half of humanity: it is going to destroy immense human riches. It is very possible. The atomic war is going to provoke a true inferno on Earth. But it will not impede Communism.”
Comrade J. Posadas

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General