NATION

PASSWORD

Hong Kong II - Ragnarök

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

I believe..

It will all die out and HK will slowly be subsumed into an authoritarian China
21%
It will all die out but international pressure will come to bear on China to change
4%
It will continue yet HK will slowly be subsumed into an authoritarian China
34%
It will continue and international pressure will come to bear on China to change
14%
Shit's going down yo'
13%
Hasselhoff will wake from his slumber and the chosen one will rise again
7%
I like clicking polls.. I mean, a bit like democracy I guess.. but i just like clicking polls
6%
Other
2%

Total votes : 547

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Fri May 22, 2020 7:56 am

Right Wing Meme Squad wrote:
Glorious Hong Kong wrote:This is it. This is officially the end of Hong Kong as a free nation. But we will NEVER surrender. Come September, we will throw out the treasonous, pro-Beijing sellouts from LegCo and elect principled, pro-democracy candidates who are loyal to Hong Kong and ONLY Hong Kong. We will begin passing our own laws and give China the big middle finger.

Liberate Hong Kong. Revolution of our Times.

In all honesty, I do not think that elections will help. The PRC and CCP still have the ''big stick'' method, ie sending in the army. And then?

Indeed. Hong Kong needs French Revolution style radicalism to survive. It needs men with guns to expel pro-China lawmakers from the LegCo, and start a revolution.

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bengal and Assam » Fri May 22, 2020 8:01 am

Glorious Hong Kong wrote:This is it. This is officially the end of Hong Kong as a free nation. But we will NEVER surrender. Come September, we will throw out the treasonous, pro-Beijing sellouts from LegCo and elect principled, pro-democracy candidates who are loyal to Hong Kong and ONLY Hong Kong. We will begin passing our own laws and give China the big middle finger.

By next week, the existence of the Legislative Council would a waste of space, as well as a reminder of the existence of democracy in Hong Kong before the Handover during the Patten era. The National Security Law, if passed would set a precedent, and China will continue pushing its retarded laws onto Hong Kong using "the backdoors" that exists in the Basic Law, until Hong Kong becomes just another Chinese city, but with the cars driving on the Left.
A country with a mixed Bengali, British and Oriental population and culture. NSStats not Used...
Led By Susan Itai... Mostly MT, with some elements of FT.
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!
NEWS: BBSOne
Story Thread: Rise of the North, a Canada ISOT

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Fri May 22, 2020 8:06 am

Bengal and Assam wrote:

By next week, the existence of the Legislative Council would a waste of space, as well as a reminder of the existence of democracy in Hong Kong before the Handover during the Patten era. The National Security Law, if passed would set a precedent, and China will continue pushing its retarded laws onto Hong Kong using "the backdoors" that exists in the Basic Law, until Hong Kong becomes just another Chinese city, but with the cars driving on the Left.

As I said, it is time for some actual revolutionary activities. Time for a new assembly backed by armed civilians to write a new constitution. It is time to build an army and establish an organization that views itself as a provisional government.

Right Wing Meme Squad
Civil Servant

Founded: May 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Right Wing Meme Squad » Fri May 22, 2020 8:07 am

LiberNovusAmericae wrote:
Bengal and Assam wrote:By next week, the existence of the Legislative Council would a waste of space, as well as a reminder of the existence of democracy in Hong Kong before the Handover during the Patten era. The National Security Law, if passed would set a precedent, and China will continue pushing its retarded laws onto Hong Kong using "the backdoors" that exists in the Basic Law, until Hong Kong becomes just another Chinese city, but with the cars driving on the Left.

As I said, it is time for some actual revolutionary activities. Time for a new assembly backed by armed civilians to write a new constitution. It is time to build an army and establish an organization that views itself as a provisional government.

Sounds really nice, but I ''doubt'' it will happen unless things accelerate real quickly.

Unless China really balkanizes with sudden separatists movements popping up.
Last edited by Right Wing Meme Squad on Fri May 22, 2020 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sunni Muslim. Islamist. Stoic. Traditionalist. Militarist.
Pro: Corporatism, civic nationalism, romantic nationalism, conscription, shall-issue gun laws, castle doctrine
Anti: Laissez-faire capitalism, excessive individualism, excessive communitarianism
''People who are armed will never accept tyranny'' ― Dmytro Yarosh
''“Neither pleasure nor pain should enter as motives when one must do what must be done.” ― Julius Evola

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Fri May 22, 2020 8:11 am

Right Wing Meme Squad wrote:
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:As I said, it is time for some actual revolutionary activities. Time for a new assembly backed by armed civilians to write a new constitution. It is time to build an army and establish an organization that views itself as a provisional government.

Sounds really nice, but I ''doubt'' it will happen unless things accelerate real quickly.

Unfortunately, I doubt it will happen either. But, I do think that is what needs to be done, and I hope some of the protesters come to that conclusion, and start to engage in these types of activities. Time to destroy the triads, time to punish the CCP puppets, and it is time to put loyalists on trial for treason against the liberties of the Hong Kong people.

The French Revolution overcame the odds due to their tactics, and it is time for the Hong Kongers to emulate them.

Nemohsis
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nemohsis » Fri May 22, 2020 8:13 am

Pretty sure it's illegal for Chinese citizens to even be on this website, because communication on online games is now prohibited as an attempt to pass the Great Firewall. lol.

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Fri May 22, 2020 8:16 am

Nemohsis wrote:Pretty sure it's illegal for Chinese citizens to even be on this website, because communication on online games is now prohibited as an attempt to pass the Great Firewall. lol.

I don't expect any of my posts to change the attitudes of protesters or movements in china, if that's what you're getting at.

New Bremerton
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby New Bremerton » Fri May 22, 2020 8:41 am

Bengal and Assam wrote:

Betcha the government is going to mandate that all cars drive on the right from now on just to spite the locals. They're like that.

Bengal and Assam wrote:By next week, the existence of the Legislative Council would a waste of space, as well as a reminder of the existence of democracy in Hong Kong before the Handover during the Patten era. The National Security Law, if passed would set a precedent, and China will continue pushing its retarded laws onto Hong Kong using "the backdoors" that exists in the Basic Law, until Hong Kong becomes just another Chinese city, but with the cars driving on the Left.

How?

Nemohsis wrote:Pretty sure it's illegal for Chinese citizens to even be on this website, because communication on online games is now prohibited as an attempt to pass the Great Firewall. lol.

So will Activision-Blizzard finally rethink its decision to screw HK and Taiwanese players just to please Beijing? Because sooner or later, China is going to screw Blizzard and other foreign investors in an epic Commie scam no matter how much these companies may kowtow to Beijing now. I was really looking forward to upgrading my WoW account.

[GHK here. Posting on my main because switching is a chore.]
LIBERA TE TUTEMET EX INFERIS (Liberate yourself from hell)
Alt of Glorious Hong Kong

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Fri May 22, 2020 8:48 am

New Bremerton wrote:

Betcha the government is going to mandate that all cars drive on the right from now on just to spite the locals. They're like that.

LiberNovusAmericae wrote:As I said, it is time for some actual revolutionary activities. Time for a new assembly backed by armed civilians to write a new constitution. It is time to build an army and establish an organization that views itself as a provisional government.

How?

So will Activision-Blizzard finally rethink its decision to screw HK and Taiwanese players just to please Beijing? Because sooner or later, China is going to screw Blizzard and other foreign investors in an epic Commie scam no matter how much these companies may kowtow to Beijing now. I was really looking forward to upgrading my WoW account.

[GHK here. Posting on my main because switching is a chore.]

That is for any future revolutionaries to figure out.

Tuthina
Senator

Founded: Jun 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Tuthina » Fri May 22, 2020 9:02 am

Diahon wrote:
Tuthina wrote:I won't jump to conclusion so fast. IM being IM, they might actually welcome it. Well, hope they won't mind when PRC start exporting its castrated Steam platform with mandatory gaming time limit to Hong Kong.

In any case, you and Bombadil and everyone else who've protested for a democratic Hong Kong -- flee. Not to Taiwan -- if Xi is this brazen over territory his government de facto as well as de jure controls, what more Taiwan?

Flee to the Philippines! Flee to my country! We'll take you in!

Well, quite a few of us do have British Citizenship, and there are words of UK talking about giving the rights to abode to the rest of the population that got screwed over. Not that foreign citizenship help that much if the state is determined to screw you over, but it's better than nothing. I guess you can say that fleeing the city to the more civilised world is the last resort, but for many of us, if we're to flee, then we would have fled a year ago.

For now, I feel many of us would continue our fight (and not doxxing ourselves to the PRC apologists here - if there is one thing PRC is good at, it would be doxxing people) in the city as long as we can. Perhaps fortunately for us, Hong Kong has a more significant presence in international economy than Xinjiang, so it would take a bit longer for PRC to fully subsume it, so before that, the best we could do is to keep calling for help and hope that the civilised world will come to our rescue, if not for the good of their heart, then for the ulterior motive of having easier and more stable access to PRC's huge market. Still, if one day, one or more of us HK NSers disappear from the site without warning, you will know what happened.

That said, I remain optimistic of the future of Hong Kong. While things might look grim now - and it is - I'm aware that history can take time to run its course. The Japanese occupation lasted for 3 years and 8 months, and the repressive martial law of Taiwan and South Korea lasted decades. If Hong Kong is to become free, it would not be something done in a mere year, especially not with the mercy of Beijing.
Last edited by Tuthina on Fri May 22, 2020 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Reno.
14:54:02 <Lykens> Explain your definition of Reno.

11:47 <Swilatia> Good god, copy+paste is no way to build a country!

03:08 <Democratic Koyro> NSG senate is a glaring example of why no one in NSG should ever have a position of authority
Rated as Class A: Environmental Utopia by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Human Rights Haven (7/10) by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Partially Free (4/10) by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Post-Industrial Nation (48 000 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually) by Syleruian Carbon Output Index
Rated as Category B by Edenist Travel Advisory Guide

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bengal and Assam » Fri May 22, 2020 9:21 am

If I remember correctly, a few months ago, protesters met at a mall, and swore loyalty to a new constitution. What happened to that?
A country with a mixed Bengali, British and Oriental population and culture. NSStats not Used...
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

Tuthina
Senator

Founded: Jun 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Tuthina » Fri May 22, 2020 9:27 am

Bengal and Assam wrote:If I remember correctly, a few months ago, protesters met at a mall, and swore loyalty to a new constitution. What happened to that?

Well, they didn't have an army or international support, so that was that.
Last edited by Tuthina on Fri May 22, 2020 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Reno.
14:54:02 <Lykens> Explain your definition of Reno.

11:47 <Swilatia> Good god, copy+paste is no way to build a country!

03:08 <Democratic Koyro> NSG senate is a glaring example of why no one in NSG should ever have a position of authority
Rated as Class A: Environmental Utopia by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Human Rights Haven (7/10) by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Partially Free (4/10) by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Post-Industrial Nation (48 000 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually) by Syleruian Carbon Output Index
Rated as Category B by Edenist Travel Advisory Guide

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bengal and Assam » Fri May 22, 2020 10:35 am

The only problem I had with that constitutional announcement is that they went directly to a Presidential system of government, instead of promising a referendum on whether a Hong Kong nation would be a republic or a Constitutional Monarchy with the Queen as Head of State.
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Fri May 22, 2020 10:38 am

Bengal and Assam wrote:The only problem I had with that constitutional announcement is that they went directly to a Presidential system of government, instead of promising a referendum on whether a Hong Kong nation would be a republic or a Constitutional Monarchy with the Queen as Head of State.

People aren't waving the British Hong Kong flag as a sign of loyalty to the crown.

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bengal and Assam » Fri May 22, 2020 10:43 am

Heloin wrote:
Bengal and Assam wrote:The only problem I had with that constitutional announcement is that they went directly to a Presidential system of government, instead of promising a referendum on whether a Hong Kong nation would be a republic or a Constitutional Monarchy with the Queen as Head of State.

People aren't waving the British Hong Kong flag as a sign of loyalty to the crown.

I know a few people who are. They might not be a majority, but they do exist.
And also, the question of the political system of an independent Hong Kong should come after its achieved.
The main aim of the protests is to preserve 1C2S in its original form, in other words, as negotiated between Deng and Prime Minister Thatcher.
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Fri May 22, 2020 2:59 pm

Right Wing Meme Squad wrote:In all honesty, I do not think that elections will help. The PRC and CCP still have the ''big stick'' method, ie sending in the army. And then?

Indeed. Hong Kong needs French Revolution style radicalism to survive. It needs men with guns to expel pro-China lawmakers from the LegCo, and start a revolution.

It will end once the tanks roll through, I'm afraid.
Hoppean Libertarian, Acolyte of von Mises, Protector of Our Sacred Liberties
Economic Left/Right: 9.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05
Conserative Morality wrote:"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Hoppe."

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bombadil » Fri May 22, 2020 4:15 pm

Tuthina wrote:
Diahon wrote:
In any case, you and Bombadil and everyone else who've protested for a democratic Hong Kong -- flee. Not to Taiwan -- if Xi is this brazen over territory his government de facto as well as de jure controls, what more Taiwan?

Flee to the Philippines! Flee to my country! We'll take you in!

Well, quite a few of us do have British Citizenship, and there are words of UK talking about giving the rights to abode to the rest of the population that got screwed over. Not that foreign citizenship help that much if the state is determined to screw you over, but it's better than nothing. I guess you can say that fleeing the city to the more civilised world is the last resort, but for many of us, if we're to flee, then we would have fled a year ago.

For now, I feel many of us would continue our fight (and not doxxing ourselves to the PRC apologists here - if there is one thing PRC is good at, it would be doxxing people) in the city as long as we can. Perhaps fortunately for us, Hong Kong has a more significant presence in international economy than Xinjiang, so it would take a bit longer for PRC to fully subsume it, so before that, the best we could do is to keep calling for help and hope that the civilised world will come to our rescue, if not for the good of their heart, then for the ulterior motive of having easier and more stable access to PRC's huge market. Still, if one day, one or more of us HK NSers disappear from the site without warning, you will know what happened.

That said, I remain optimistic of the future of Hong Kong. While things might look grim now - and it is - I'm aware that history can take time to run its course. The Japanese occupation lasted for 3 years and 8 months, and the repressive martial law of Taiwan and South Korea lasted decades. If Hong Kong is to become free, it would not be something done in a mere year, especially not with the mercy of Beijing.

I go back and forth as ever, sometimes hope sometimes despair. Right now it's more just a little numb.

China’s proposed new security law for Hong Kong will allow Beijing’s security forces to operate in the city, where local authorities have indicated the powers will be used to try to suppress the pro-democracy protests that broke out almost a year ago.

The US secretary of state, Mike Pompeo, said on Friday that the legislation was effectively a “death knell” for Hong Kong’s status as an autonomous city. He urged China to “reconsider its disastrous proposal [and] abide by its international obligations”.

I expect this all to be followed by a radical overhaul of education, laws against free speech and media, further disappearances and detainments.. China will do what it knows, to crack down and assimilate by force. Perhaps a little more subtle in HK that in Xinjiang but the end goal is the same, to change our thought to be aligned with Xi Jinping Thought.

Beyond that, I am not really looking forward to summer - it's less to do with what happens in HK and more the greatly increased tensions given Trump will lay everything down on China in a bid to secure re-election and I don't know where that leads to. I'm certainly, at least, considering perhaps sitting in a shack on a beach in Thailand for a couple of months to see how this pans out.
Last edited by Bombadil on Fri May 22, 2020 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Rio Cana
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 21, 2005
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Rio Cana » Fri May 22, 2020 4:46 pm

With this new law, the mainland will once and for all be able to bring HK. into line political with the mainland. However, it will cause Taiwan to further distance itself from the mainland.
Last edited by Rio Cana on Fri May 22, 2020 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
National Information
Empire of Rio Cana has been refounded.
We went from Empire to Peoples Republic to two divided Republics one called Marina to back to an Empire. And now a Republic under a military General. Our Popular Music
Our National Love SongOur Military Forces
Formerly appointed twice Minister of Defense and once Minister of Foreign Affairs for South America Region.

Diahon
Senator

Founded: Apr 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Diahon » Fri May 22, 2020 5:11 pm

Bombadil wrote:
Tuthina wrote:Well, quite a few of us do have British Citizenship, and there are words of UK talking about giving the rights to abode to the rest of the population that got screwed over. Not that foreign citizenship help that much if the state is determined to screw you over, but it's better than nothing. I guess you can say that fleeing the city to the more civilised world is the last resort, but for many of us, if we're to flee, then we would have fled a year ago.

I go back and forth as ever, sometimes hope sometimes despair. Right now it's more just a little numb.

China’s proposed new security law for Hong Kong will allow Beijing’s security forces to operate in the city, where local authorities have indicated the powers will be used to try to suppress the pro-democracy protests that broke out almost a year ago.

The US secretary of state, Mike Pompeo, said on Friday that the legislation was effectively a “death knell” for Hong Kong’s status as an autonomous city. He urged China to “reconsider its disastrous proposal [and] abide by its international obligations”.

I expect this all to be followed by a radical overhaul of education, laws against free speech and media, further disappearances and detainments.. China will do what it knows, to crack down and assimilate by force. Perhaps a little more subtle in HK that in Xinjiang but the end goal is the same, to change our thought to be aligned with Xi Jinping Thought.

Beyond that, I am not really looking forward to summer - it's less to do with what happens in HK and more the greatly increased tensions given Trump will lay everything down on China in a bid to secure re-election and I don't know where that leads to. I'm certainly, at least, considering perhaps sitting in a shack on a beach in Thailand for a couple of months to see how this pans out.

Stay safe, you two. Even you, IM, for all the thoughtlessness you've talked about. And this goes for the rest of the denizens of that city who are on NS.

Stay safe, and flee as soon as you can. Do not test a government hellbent on running you over, especially when they've done it before.

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Postby Bombadil » Fri May 22, 2020 5:23 pm

Diahon wrote:
Bombadil wrote:

Stay safe, you two. Even you, IM, for all the thoughtlessness you've talked about. And this goes for the rest of the denizens of that city who are on NS.

Stay safe, and flee as soon as you can. Do not test a government hellbent on running you over, especially when they've done it before.

I'm not sure people quite get how important the home of HK is, it's hard to explain, it's the feeling you get just on seeing the city come into view when returning from holiday, if not even the Cathay Pacific logo in an overseas airport, it's eating a bowl of noodles in a cha chaan teng, it's the endlessly flexible and playful language, the ribald banter, a certain safety in that everything works, the convenience of an Octopus card, Cantonese movies, music, TV shows.. home and family is synonymous in Chinese, same character.

I'm not Chinese, but living here for such a long time, HK is my home, it's my routine, it's all my friends, the local shops, the old lady I don't even know who reminds to me to take my keys when I leave the house.. the grumpy vegetable lady who essentially forced me to learn Cantonese, my windsurfing friends, generous to a fault in equipment and advice.

Just upping and leaving, that's a really hard decision as is the thought of losing everything that makes HK home.

Hence 'if we burn you burn with us', it's like an abusive step-father has moved in and fuck it, we'll burn the house down rather than have his obnoxious presence in our home.
Last edited by Bombadil on Fri May 22, 2020 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Postby Bombadil » Fri May 22, 2020 5:39 pm

Weirdly this occurred in Beijing yesterday at 3pm as they discussed HK.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amIlVXX6exk

十年

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Fri May 22, 2020 5:53 pm

Bombadil wrote:Weirdly this occurred in Beijing yesterday at 3pm as they discussed HK.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amIlVXX6exk

Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men, doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Postby Bombadil » Fri May 22, 2020 5:54 pm

Heloin wrote:
Bombadil wrote:Weirdly this occurred in Beijing yesterday at 3pm as they discussed HK.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amIlVXX6exk

Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men, doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

“Say rather that the Ring has no power over him. He is his own master. But he cannot alter the Ring itself, nor break its power over others. And now he is withdrawn into a little land, within bounds that he has set, though none can see them, waiting perhaps for a change of days, and he will not step beyond them.”

十年

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Sat May 23, 2020 11:00 am

I mean this may be controversial but Hong Kong is the people, the culture. Not just the physical land. Would it maybe be possible to set up a New Hong Kong in say Alaska or Washington State (they have many empty and large islands with a similar geography albeit colder climate) and give everyone from Hong Kong the ability to migrate there? Even maybe provide financial assistance to do so?

Although less than ideal, maybe it would allow us to save some of Hong Kong.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Nap the Magnificent
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 02, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nap the Magnificent » Sat May 23, 2020 11:15 am

Novus America wrote:I mean this may be controversial but Hong Kong is the people, the culture. Not just the physical land. Would it maybe be possible to set up a New Hong Kong in say Alaska or Washington State (they have many empty and large islands with a similar geography albeit colder climate) and give everyone from Hong Kong the ability to migrate there? Even maybe provide financial assistance to do so?

Although less than ideal, maybe it would allow us to save some of Hong Kong.

It would only work in the short term. You cannot entirely divorce a people from their land. Even a lot of nomadic people have an idea that XYZ geographic region is theirs.
Orthodox Christian. Counter-Enlightenment. Communitarian. Working towards medical school. Pro-Achaemenid, anti-Athenian. Western civilization doesn't exist.
"The heart has its reasons, of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General