NATION

PASSWORD

Anti-Vaxxers Take Online Harassments To Real World

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:21 am

To be honest, I think the solution is simple.

Ban anti-vaxxers and their kids from mainstream public institutions because of the risk they pose to herd immunity and the general public. Sure, go ahead, build schools and other public places exclusively for anti-vaxxers and their children -- but do not let them threaten the rest of the nation just because they're deciding to be Darwin Award-worthy dipshits.

I know it sounds like segregation - but fuck it, at this point, it's a viable solution and completely justified as the only factor that plays into it is compliance with keeping up herd immunity and ensuring diseases don't return from extinction. If you wanna enter mainstream society, get vaccinated or the answer is no and you'll go to jail for intentionally trying to infect the population with diseases you could be carrying.

Also, ban all medical insurance and such for anti-vaxxers and their kids. If they wanna not vaccinate, obviously they think they can afford the costs of not vaccinating.

See how long it lasts. Worst case scenario, we just gotta cleanse a few areas of germs in a few decades and bury a mountain of corpses.

Hurtful Thoughts
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 09, 2005
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Hurtful Thoughts » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:16 am

Aeritai wrote:Source for more information: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnew ... cna1096461

I have to say I am surprised that the Anti-Vaxxers decided to sink this low in order to stop vaccinations, I mean come on pushing a Senator? And then dumping blood on lawmakers is just silly, vaccines help prevent diseases and it also creates a herd immunity for people that can't get them.

And there shouldn't be religious exemptions to avoid having your child get vaccines, because nowhere in the Bible does it say anything about not taking vaccines. Though I imagine the anti-vax groups will continue to grow in numbers, and we'll see more of these harassments in the real world.

What do you say NSG? Has the Anti-Vax Movement gone too far with these harassments or no?

Some have already pipe-bombed planned parenthood centers (which also does vaccinations), so this isn't really new behavior or tactic, just from a different angle.

Pennsecola Ladies Center, right? Yeah, that's been bombed thrice already and two physicians shot to death.
Last edited by Hurtful Thoughts on Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Factbook and general referance thread.
HOI <- Storefront (WiP)
Due to population-cuts, military-size currently being revised

The People's Republic of Hurtful Thoughts is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and smutty television.
Mokostana wrote:See, Hurty cared not if the mission succeeded or not, as long as it was spectacular trainwreck. Sometimes that was the host Nation firing a SCUD into a hospital to destroy a foreign infection and accidentally sparking a rebellion... or accidentally starting the Mokan Drug War

Blackhelm Confederacy wrote:If there was only a "like" button for NS posts....

Elmwood
Secretary

Founded: Aug 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Elmwood » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:28 am

The fact that you don't like antivaxxers and the fact that they are deluded and believe in quackery dont matter. This is what happens when you try to force you way across instead of educate people and implement social outreach isntead of pressure and bans and this kind of approach is exactly why california has BY FAR the largest homeschooling rates in the WORLD.
Expect conspiracists to be emboldened by this kind of approach since it only reinforces their delusions instead of fixing anything. I hope you got your high from being morally superior though.
Political compass: -8 / 1.23

Hurtful Thoughts
Powerbroker

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Hurtful Thoughts » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:36 am

Elmwood wrote:The fact that you don't like antivaxxers and the fact that they are deluded and believe in quackery dont matter. This is what happens when you try to force you way across instead of educate people and implement social outreach isntead of pressure and bans and this kind of approach is exactly why california has BY FAR the largest homeschooling rates in the WORLD.

Expect conspiracists to be emboldened by this kind of approach since it only reinforces their delusions instead of fixing anything. I hope you got your high from being morally superior though.

So to decompress what you wrote, due to the high rate of homeschooling, entire generations have been brainwashed into uncomprimising extremist behavior thus incentivizing homeschooling to keep their children from being brainwashed via public education?

2nd paragraph makes no sense because "you" lacks defining context as to whom you are addressing.

As a last resort, public re-education centers or a massive public information movement seems like a very final solution to this pesky extremism.
Last edited by Hurtful Thoughts on Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
HOI <- Storefront (WiP)

The People's Republic of Hurtful Thoughts is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and smutty television.
Mokostana wrote:See, Hurty cared not if the mission succeeded or not, as long as it was spectacular trainwreck. Sometimes that was the host Nation firing a SCUD into a hospital to destroy a foreign infection and accidentally sparking a rebellion... or accidentally starting the Mokan Drug War

Elmwood
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Elmwood » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:40 am

Hurtful Thoughts wrote:
Elmwood wrote:The fact that you don't like antivaxxers and the fact that they are deluded and believe in quackery dont matter. This is what happens when you try to force you way across instead of educate people and implement social outreach isntead of pressure and bans and this kind of approach is exactly why california has BY FAR the largest homeschooling rates in the WORLD.

So to decompress what you wrote, due to the high rate of homeschooling, entire generations have been brainwashed into uncomprimising extremist behavior thus incentivizing homeschooling to keep their children from being brainwashed via public education?

My point was not about homeschooling, but that due to social crisis in the west people increasingly distrust the established institutions and turn to quackery and that using repression instead of social outreach, education and trying to solve the underlying issues only makes it worse, but hey its feels much better to just trash talk stupid uneducated suburban moms for virtue signaling, right?

Hurtful Thoughts
Powerbroker

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Hurtful Thoughts » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:43 am

Elmwood wrote:
Hurtful Thoughts wrote:So to decompress what you wrote, due to the high rate of homeschooling, entire generations have been brainwashed into uncomprimising extremist behavior thus incentivizing homeschooling to keep their children from being brainwashed via public education?

My point was not about homeschooling, but that due to social crisis in the west people increasingly distrust the established institutions and turn to quackery and that using repression instead of social outreach, education and trying to solve the underlying issues only makes it worse, but hey its feels much better to just trash talk stupid uneducated suburban moms for virtue signaling, right?

The merits and demerits of vaccination are a topic of the past 19 threads on the subject.

This one is regarding protesters firebombing hospitals to save the children. To say such actions are stupidly counterproductive is a bit of an understatement.

Granted, it hasn't gotten this bad, yet.
Last edited by Hurtful Thoughts on Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
HOI <- Storefront (WiP)

Elmwood
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Elmwood » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:47 am

Hurtful Thoughts wrote:
Elmwood wrote:My point was not about homeschooling, but that due to social crisis in the west people increasingly distrust the established institutions and turn to quackery and that using repression instead of social outreach, education and trying to solve the underlying issues only makes it worse, but hey its feels much better to just trash talk stupid uneducated suburban moms for virtue signaling, right?

The merits and demerits of vaccination are a topic of the past 19 threads on the subject.

This one is regarding protesters firebombing hospitals to save the children. To say such actions are stupidly counterproductive is a bit of an understatement.

And these kind of happenings are a direct result of states like california further reinforcing these peoples attitudes by engaging in ideological squabbles and using force instead of trying to actually solve the problem.

Hurtful Thoughts
Powerbroker

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Hurtful Thoughts » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:50 am

Elmwood wrote:
Hurtful Thoughts wrote:The merits and demerits of vaccination are a topic of the past 19 threads on the subject.

And these kind of happenings are a direct result of states like california further reinforcing these peoples attitudes by engaging in ideological squabbles and using force instead of trying to actually solve the problem.

Likely a sign that their homeschooling isn't breading a race of super-geniuses as they predicted, but rather fell down a slippery slope of thuggism.

As force of violence is always the last resort of those too stupid to resolve a problem any other way. ~Isaac Asimov
-So in comparisson to Trump's ability to stay out of an actual war with China... One could literally state violent activists are being dumber than Trump.
Last edited by Hurtful Thoughts on Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
HOI <- Storefront (WiP)

Elmwood
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Elmwood » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:56 am

Hurtful Thoughts wrote:
Elmwood wrote:And these kind of happenings are a direct result of states like california further reinforcing these peoples attitudes by engaging in ideological squabbles and using force instead of trying to actually solve the problem.

Likely a sign that their homeschooling isn't breading a race of super-geniuses as they predicted, but rather fell down a slippery slope of thuggism.

As force of violence is always the last resort of those too stupid to resolve a problem any other way. ~Isaac Asimov

Homeschooling is not a sign of supergeniousness - its a sign that people don't trust the government and believe its working against them.
Now we could try to take this as a serious problem and adress it with understanding, or alternatively, we could make fun of peoples individual choices and misconceptions about life until homeschool rates become 20% and we you have rebellions at your doorstep. But hey, its not my problem, i live in the EU, you are the one who will have to live with this.

And the use of force is not a solution - its admitting that you dont have one - and also likely ilegal and totalitarian.

Hurtful Thoughts
Powerbroker

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Hurtful Thoughts » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:08 am

Elmwood wrote:
Hurtful Thoughts wrote:As force of violence is always the last resort of those too stupid to resolve a problem any other way. ~Isaac Asimov

And the use of force is not a solution - its admitting that you dont have one - and also likely ilegal and totalitarian.

See, you're just saying the same thing I did, but differently.

Homeschooling is not a sign of supergeniousness - its a sign that people don't trust the government and believe its working against them.
Now we could try to take this as a serious problem and adress it with understanding, or alternatively, we could make fun of peoples individual choices and misconceptions about life until homeschool rates become 20% and we you have rebellions at your doorstep. But hey, its not my problem, i live in the EU, you are the one who will have to live with this.

Kinda seems like it could have its own thread if you want to discuss that instead.
Last edited by Hurtful Thoughts on Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
HOI <- Storefront (WiP)

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:10 am

The Black Forrest wrote:
Galloism wrote:Yes.

Many of these are also true of your freedom to eat Burger King, or not hit the gym. Or freedom to fly overseas.

Freedom always comes with a blood price. The question is how much are we willing to pay for it. Sometimes the price is low, as is here, sometimes it’s high, as in prohibiting drunken driving.

Blood price? You think you are in a war? A rebellion?

I eating a burger king is a gamble. Unlike a highly contagious disease. Even then I getting sick does not effect the others....it will obviously effect insurence rates.

If you getting sick didn’t affect others, we wouldn’t be having this conversation. If you eat Burger King all the time and are overweight and sickly, that can affect others - your illnesses can carry to others.

Same is true of flying overseas.

Now let’s take it further. How about your freedom and say somebody who works labor and delivery and decides nobody is the boss of then and they don’t need vaccine or boosters?

I have no issue with employers requiring vaccines for jobs where it’s relevant. For the same reason I’m ok with trucking companies not hiring people who haven’t passed their driving test.

About the only thing I can support your freedom would be the area of a drug being relatively new and being told I have to have it. Even then we are talking about vaccines with a known history.

I mean, you either believe we should have bodily autonomy or you don’t.

Clearly, you don’t - which means it’s ok to have medical procedures forced upon you against your will.

Good job giving cover to anti-abortion activists.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:12 am

Salus Maior wrote:
Galloism wrote:You can’t logic people out of a position they didn’t logic themselves into.

I suggest pictures.

https://thedayintech.files.wordpress.co ... io-nat.jpg
http://colgurchemistry.com/Science9/Bio ... ng%201.jpg

For starters.

They'll just conspiracy theory their way right out of it.

These people are not reasonable, that's your mistake here. They think whatever bs they've bought into, whether it's essential oils, or crystals, or enemas, whatever is going to heal them and their kids better than what a doctor knows will work. Because they've bought into anti-intellectualist conspiracy theories and they're way more firm in their belief than you think they are.

The CDC states that 80% of the population is where effective herd immunity lies for most diseases (measles being the odd one out for being highly infectious, it’s 90%).

You really suggesting one person out of five can’t be reasoned with at all?
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:15 am

Galloism wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:

These people are not reasonable, that's your mistake here. They think whatever bs they've bought into, whether it's essential oils, or crystals, or enemas, whatever is going to heal them and their kids better than what a doctor knows will work. Because they've bought into anti-intellectualist conspiracy theories and they're way more firm in their belief than you think they are.

The CDC states that 80% of the population is where effective herd immunity lies for most diseases (measles being the odd one out for being highly infectious, it’s 90%).

You have to convince 4 out of 5.
I am not sure 4 out of 5 are completely reasonable.
Last edited by Novus America on Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Hurtful Thoughts
Powerbroker

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Hurtful Thoughts » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:17 am

Galloism wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:

To be fair, this is NSG, so previous experiance here may have given a biased outlook.

Also, balkanization of extremist behavior is a thing.

Which is why I recommend taking frequent nappy-times away from NSG.
Last edited by Hurtful Thoughts on Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
HOI <- Storefront (WiP)

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:18 am

Novus America wrote:
Galloism wrote:The CDC states that 80% of the population is where effective herd immunity lies for most diseases (measles being the odd one out for being highly infectious, it’s 90%).

We already did.

Vaccination rates are north of 80% for most things, and north of 90 for a solid chunk.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/immunize.htm

Aeritai
Minister

Founded: Oct 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeritai » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:23 am

Hurtful Thoughts wrote:
Aeritai wrote:Source for more information: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnew ... cna1096461

I have to say I am surprised that the Anti-Vaxxers decided to sink this low in order to stop vaccinations, I mean come on pushing a Senator? And then dumping blood on lawmakers is just silly, vaccines help prevent diseases and it also creates a herd immunity for people that can't get them.

And there shouldn't be religious exemptions to avoid having your child get vaccines, because nowhere in the Bible does it say anything about not taking vaccines. Though I imagine the anti-vax groups will continue to grow in numbers, and we'll see more of these harassments in the real world.

What do you say NSG? Has the Anti-Vax Movement gone too far with these harassments or no?

Some have already pipe-bombed planned parenthood centers (which also does vaccinations), so this isn't really new behavior or tactic, just from a different angle.

Pennsecola Ladies Center, right? Yeah, that's been bombed thrice already and two physicians shot to death.

Sounds like we need more security at planned parenthood centers and start having doctors have bodyguards.
Just call me Aeri
IC: This is a fantasy medieval nation full of deer people... Yes you read that right, deer people
I am a Human Female

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:25 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
The Greater Ohio Valley wrote:Shit like this is why we need mandatory vaccinations.

This. Unless you have a legitimate medical reason to not receive a vaccination it should be mandatory, especially for children.

Interestingly, children are our way out here.

See, children do not have (or, more accurately, are not able to exercise) bodily autonomy, and the state already puts limits on parents ability to exercise it for them for the good of the children themselves. IE, child welfare.

I have no compunction about requiring vaccinations of children for child welfare reasons.

I have a rather serious problem with vaccinating adults against their will.

The tactical perk of this is vaccinations are effective for a very long time.

Edit: fixed a typo, even though the typo was funnier.
Last edited by Galloism on Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:25 am

Galloism wrote:
Novus America wrote:

We already did.

Vaccination rates are north of 80% for most things, and north of 90 for a solid chunk.

Clearly though not well enough distributed, or else these deadly outbreaks would not be happening. If there are 5 towns, each with equal population, A,B,C,D have a 100% rate, and E a 0% rate, then the total rate is 80% but E is still fucked.

That is the problem. Not that anti Vax is widely and evenly distributed across everyone, but that it has made massive inroads by successfully targeting specific places or groups, causing those places or groups to fall below 80%.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:27 am

Novus America wrote:
Galloism wrote:We already did.

Clearly though not well enough distributed, or else these deadly outbreaks would not be happening. If there are 5 towns, each with equal population, A,B,C,D have a 100% rate, and E a 0% rate, then the total rate is 80% but E is still fucked.

That is the problem. Not that anti Vax is widely and evenly distributed across everyone, but that it has made massive inroads by successfully targeting specific places or groups, causing those places or groups to fall below 80%.

Really, most of these diseases kill fewer people than vending machines at our current vaccination levels. All of them combined kill fewer people than furniture.

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:30 am

Galloism wrote:
Novus America wrote:

Really, most of these diseases kill fewer people than vending machines at our current vaccination levels. All of them combined kill fewer people than furniture.

Overall sure. But not in specific place like Samoa or certain ultra Orthodox Jewish communities in New York.
In my example the deaths might be low overall, but are going to be a higher percentage of E’s population.

The problem is a localized problem but still a problem in those localities.

And if we do not nip the problem in the bud, stop it from spreading it WILL become a more general one.
Last edited by Novus America on Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:33 am

I can count on one hand how many years the child of an anti vax parent can survive.

Don't be that guy. Get your kid a flu shot
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:34 am

NoAvailability wrote:Meh, if they don't wanna get vaccinated, it's their thing. They may be spreading a disease, but ultimately doing so is their right. As far as I'm concerned, this is just another step into liberal nonsense, and doesn't warrant any more attention than other liberal nonsense.

There is no right to "spread disease".
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Biscany
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Biscany » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:36 am

It's honestly so funny that they expect to be taken seriously and (god forbid) respected when they do things like this.
If you wanna win the rat race, you gotta be a rat

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:37 am

Galloism wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:

I think growing anti-medicine movements should be stomped into the ground before they become any more of a threat to themselves and others. Already there's measles epidemics that are killing children who are reliant on their parents to provide for them, and I don't find that acceptable.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Communal concils
Minister

Founded: Mar 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Communal concils » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:40 am

Salus Maior wrote:
Galloism wrote:The CDC states that 80% of the population is where effective herd immunity lies for most diseases (measles being the odd one out for being highly infectious, it’s 90%).

I think growing anti-medicine movements should be stomped into the ground before they become any more of a threat to themselves and others. Already there's measles epidemics that are killing children who are reliant on their parents to provide for them, and I don't find that acceptable.

If we didn't live in a Liberal democracy, these parents would have stopped talking about "Vaccines causing autism". If they were locked up, then it would make a safe society.
Last edited by Communal concils on Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Woke Leftist: Anti-Liberal Leftist

List of liberal or semi-liberal ideologies to avoid: "Left"-communism, trotskyism, Intersectionalism, anarchism,classical liberal, social liberalism and economic liberalism( conservatives are addicted to this)

Become anti-woke, and free yourself from the lies of mainstream corporate consumerist media.you should also become an anti-consumerist and anti-capitalist. Embrace socialism( the command economy is better.)
NOTE: Make Cultural Marxism a Real Thing !

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General