NATION

PASSWORD

Anti-Vaxxers Take Online Harassments To Real World

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:38 pm

Galloism wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
Hmmm? For a highly contagious and yet preventable disease.....How?

I don’t think you really fear any particular unvaccinated individual, and I know how to test it.

Actually more then you think.

When my kid was little; there was a hispanic family who lived a few houses down. Not much in the way for money. There were good to my kid so they played a great deal.

One day one of the girls was missing. We enquired and heard she was sick enough to go to the emergency room. The first thought? Meningitis. :eek: Luckily it wasn’t.

Obviously there isn’t a vaccine for it. It opened my eyes about medical care access and vaccines.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:40 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Galloism wrote:I don’t think you really fear any particular unvaccinated individual, and I know how to test it.

When my kid was little; there was a hispanic family who lived a few houses down. Not much in the way for money. There were good to my kid so they played a great deal.

One day one of the girls was missing. We enquired and heard she was sick enough to go to the emergency room. The first thought? Meningitis. :eek: Luckily it wasn’t.

Obviously there isn’t a vaccine for it. It opened my eyes about medical care access and vaccines.

Ok. A kid moves in next door that is immunocompromised in such a way they can’t be vaccinated. Should they be quarantined away from society?

And before you answer, they are actually more dangerous than the idiot who just chooses not to get vaccinated - both being unvaccinated and more likely to get sick anyway due to their immunocompromised state.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:45 pm

Galloism wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

Ok. A kid moves in next door that is immunocompromised in such a way they can’t be vaccinated. Should they be quarantined away from society?

And before you answer, they are actually more dangerous than the idiot who just chooses not to get vaccinated - both being unvaccinated and more likely to get sick anyway due to their immunocompromised state.

As you can say in the age of Trump; idiocy is highly contagious and there isn’t a vaccine for it.

The problem is there isn’t just one case, it grows as seen in Samoa.

I vaccinate and am not afraid. I used to travel for business and wen into areas where you would be stupid not to.

The problem is your rights not to vaccinate don’t over rule those who have no choice.

Recently a woman with a child has crones disease; put out a message about vaccinating and the anti-vax crowd trolled her and gave her death threats.

Not exactly a message about why I should care about rights being violated.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:53 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Galloism wrote:Ok. A kid moves in next door that is immunocompromised in such a way they can’t be vaccinated. Should they be quarantined away from society?

As you can say in the age of Trump; idiocy is highly contagious and there isn’t a vaccine for it.

I vaccinate and am not afraid. I used to travel for business and wen into areas where you would be stupid not to.

The problem is your rights not to vaccinate don’t over rule those who have no choice.

Recently a woman with a child has crones disease; put out a message about vaccinating and the anti-vax crowd trolled her and gave her death threats.

That’s not really the point though is it.

You proposed quarantining (you used the term segregate) earlier those who chose not to get vaccinated to protect the public at large. If it was really about protecting the public at large, you’d also propose quarantining those who have no choice.

We do not discriminate between those who do not pass the driving test because they refuse to learn vs those who are mentally unable to learn. Because protecting the public at large means that it doesn’t matter the reasoning - only that they are a hazard and we can’t have them being a hazard.

But we don’t do that with vaccines do we?

Regarding travel, you choose to travel, just as idiots choose not to get vaccinated. You are both a disease vector. Why is your choice worthy of being permitted, but theirs not?
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:05 pm

Galloism wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

You proposed quarantining (you used the term segregate) earlier those who chose not to get vaccinated to protect the public at large. If it was really about protecting the public at large, you’d also propose quarantining those who have no choice.

We do not discriminate between those who do not pass the driving test because they refuse to learn vs those who are mentally unable to learn. Because protecting the public at large means that it doesn’t matter the reasoning - only that they are a hazard and we can’t have them being a hazard.

Regarding travel, you choose to travel, just as idiots choose not to get vaccinated. You are both a disease vector. Why is your choice worthy of being permitted, but theirs not?

We do attempt to give people reasonable accommodations for things outside their control. For example there are specially modified cars that can be driven without foot pedals for those with disabilities.

On travel sure everyone is a potential vector for some diseases, but if can and should have the duty to reduce the number of diseases you can be a vector for.

Anyone driving is a danger, but we still prohibit drunk driving because it poses a higher risk than sober driving.

And we have legal precedent. We already require vaccinations to get a Green Card or attend public schools.
Last edited by Novus America on Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:11 pm

Novus America wrote:
Galloism wrote:That’s not really the point though is it.

We do attempt to give people reasonable accommodations for things outside their control. For example there are specially modified cars that can be driven without foot pedals for those with disabilities.

Indeed, which they use when they must demonstrate they can pass the minimum driving requirements with those accommodations. We don’t lower the driving requirements for them.

On travel sure everyone is a potential vector for some diseases, but if can and should have the duty to reduce the number of diseases you can be a vector for.

Best way? Stay home.

Anyone driving is a danger, but we still prohibit drunk driving because it poses a higher risk than sober driving.

Indeed, and we don’t make exceptions for those taking medicines they have to take to live if it produces similar impaired effects. We bar them from driving, even though the impairment is not their fault.

And we have legal precedent. We already require vaccinations to get a Green Card or attend public schools.

To use certain government functions, yes. To put in concentration camps, no.

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:36 pm

Galloism wrote:
Novus America wrote:

Indeed, which they use when they must demonstrate they can pass the minimum driving requirements with those accommodations. We don’t lower the driving requirements for them.

Best way? Stay home.

Indeed, and we don’t make exceptions for those taking medicines they have to take to live if it produces similar impaired effects. We bar them from driving, even though the impairment is not their fault.

Although the best way may be to stay home, that would apply to driving too. It is not an all or nothing proposition. We do not require nobody drive just because all driving is risky but we do require steps be taken to reduce risk.

But yes. I agree it is not grounds to put people in camps, but it is grounds to limit their access to certain government facilities, benefits and privileges. And we can use that.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:45 pm

Galloism wrote:It’s interesting to note there appear to be large gender effects to this movement.

The OP mentioned a group of women in the incident in question, but it’s even true more generally:

https://www.sciencealert.com/anti-vaxxe ... y-theories

The pages analysed were Fans of the AVN, Dr. Tenpenny on Vaccines, Great Mothers (and Others) Questioning Vaccines, No Vaccines Australia, Age of Autism, and Rage Against the Vaccines.

In total, these pages had 231,491 Likes at the time the study was carried out (December 2015).

By scraping three years' worth of data, the researchers found that most of the page followers had only liked posts once or twice – the vast majority of the online activity was generated by a smaller group of people. Commenting activity also suggested most users were transient or just occasionally passing through the pages.

Using first names as a rough guide to gender, the study found an average of a 1:3 male to female ratio in terms of users following these pages. In terms of the most active users, men were even more outnumbered.

Meanwhile, using a maths modelling approach known as the Latent Dirichlet allocation, the researchers also picked out the most common topics on these boards: activism, governance, media and censorship, and vaccination as genocide all scored highly.

So what's exactly the point of highlighting the gender composition of audience for the anti-vaxxer websites? I could swear you're implying feminism contributed to the resurgence of measles.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:54 pm

Galloism wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

This is nonsense- the point of suppressing anti-vaxxers (quarantine, jail, fines, forced injections, whatever method) is to protect immunocompromised people who can't be vaccinated and therefore need the rest of us to protect them and provide them with herd immunity. Suggesting that people who are against anti-vaxxers are also against them is completely wrong-headed nonsense that enables their ignorant, deadly criminality. We're trying to protect them from antivaxxers.

Immunocompromised people are the public we're trying to protect. Healthy people should all be vaccinated so they don't need any protection from immunocompromised people, because those people will benefit from the herd immunity the rest of us provide.

No, because the two situations are entirely different and it's a fucking retarded analogy, as I've illustrated.
Biden-Santos Thought cadre

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:56 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Galloism wrote:It’s interesting to note there appear to be large gender effects to this movement.

The OP mentioned a group of women in the incident in question, but it’s even true more generally:

So what's exactly the point of highlighting the gender composition of audience for the anti-vaxxer websites? I could swear you're implying feminism contributed to the resurgence of measles.

Women are dumber/more superstitious than men and thus causing the plague but word it so you can say it's ridiculous anyone would suggest that's what you're saying and you're just noting it bc it's """interesting""" and then wait as they go read more explicit/radical takes by more extremist posters and go progressively further down the metaphorical YouTube autoplay feed of extremist anti-feminism, every forum needs its own innocuous taster/intro to the process
Last edited by Senkaku on Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Biden-Santos Thought cadre

Totenborg
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Totenborg » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:12 pm

Gormwood wrote:

Of course he is. As far as I can tell, he thinks feminism is the source of all the world's woes.
Rabid anti-fascist.
Existential nihilist.
Lifer metalhead.
Unrepentant fan of birds.

Kowani
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:14 pm

Ah, scientific ignorance.
American History and Historiography; Political and Labour History, Urbanism, Political Parties, Congressional Procedure, Elections.

Servant of The Democracy since 1896.

Historian, of sorts.

Effortposts can be found here!

American Pere Housh
Senator

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:28 pm

I'm a conservative here and I think they are a bunch of dumbasses but they can say whatever they want as long they keep it peaceful. Best thing to do is ignore them and they will go away.
Last edited by American Pere Housh on Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Government Type: Militaristic Republic
Leader: President Alexander Jones
Prime Minister: Isabella Stuart-Jones
Secretary of Defense: Hitomi Izumi
Secretary of State: Eliza 'Vanny' Cortez
Time: 2023
Population: MT-450 million
Territory: All of North America, The Islands of the Caribbean and the Philippines

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:28 pm

Novus America wrote:
Galloism wrote:

Best way? Stay home.

Although the best way may be to stay home, that would apply to driving too. It is not an all or nothing proposition. We do not require nobody drive just because all driving is risky but we do require steps be taken to reduce risk.

Indeed, but that metric has nothing to do with the person’s control over that risk, just the level of it.

But yes. I agree it is not grounds to put people in camps, but it is grounds to limit their access to certain government facilities, benefits and privileges. And we can use that.

That’s plausible.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:30 pm

Senkaku wrote:

This is nonsense- the point of suppressing anti-vaxxers (quarantine, jail, fines, forced injections, whatever method) is to protect immunocompromised people who can't be vaccinated and therefore need the rest of us to protect them and provide them with herd immunity. Suggesting that people who are against anti-vaxxers are also against them is completely wrong-headed nonsense that enables their ignorant, deadly criminality. We're trying to protect them from antivaxxers.

So it has nothing to do with protecting the public at large, but only a very small percentage that is immunocompromised? Sure that’s the route you want to go?

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:31 pm

Gormwood wrote:

Not really. Just pointing out the OP isn’t really an anomaly.

You against science?

Senkaku wrote:
Gormwood wrote:So what's exactly the point of highlighting the gender composition of audience for the anti-vaxxer websites? I could swear you're implying feminism contributed to the resurgence of measles.

Women are dumber/more superstitious than men and thus causing the plague but word it so you can say it's ridiculous anyone would suggest that's what you're saying and you're just noting it bc it's """interesting""" and then wait as they go read more explicit/radical takes by more extremist posters and go progressively further down the metaphorical YouTube autoplay feed of extremist anti-feminism, every forum needs its own innocuous taster/intro to the process

Strangely, not a reaction you see when people assert confidently that men commit the majority of the crime and stuff like that.

Always interesting to run tests on NS.
Last edited by Galloism on Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:33 pm

Galloism wrote:
Gormwood wrote:So what's exactly the point of highlighting the gender composition of audience for the anti-vaxxer websites? I could swear you're implying feminism contributed to the resurgence of measles.

Not really. Just pointing out the OP isn’t really an anomaly.

You against science?

"More women than men are members of anti-vaxx websites." What's the science involved here?
Last edited by Gormwood on Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:37 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Galloism wrote:Not really. Just pointing out the OP isn’t really an anomaly.

You against science?

"More women than men are members of anti-vaxx websites." What's the science involved here?

It’s always interesting to see the composition of various movements.

The JELLEAIN Republic
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The JELLEAIN Republic » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:45 pm

Xmara wrote:
Sapporo Hyperspace Riftgate Laboratory wrote:What kind of religion is anti-vax?
Anti-vaxxism I guess?

Not really so much entire religions as are just certain sects of some religions.

Some Christian sects think that vaccines are like playing God, or don't do vaccines because of the usage of fetal tissue in vaccine development. I think there's a couple of Muslim and Orthodox Jewish sects who have the same views. Then there's some weird New-Agey types who believe diseases are caused by chakra imbalances or something

You can read more here on Wikipedia.

The natural end to that is everyone ditching tools and becoming hunter gatherers
May the autocorrect be with you...
Cannot think of a name wrote:It's a narrative, and narratives don't require masterminds or persian cats.
Male. Lives in USA. Quotes
The Greater Ohio Valley wrote:Same here. I wash my hands religiously to keep the medical debt away.

The JELLEAIN Republic
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The JELLEAIN Republic » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:50 pm

Novus America wrote:
The Alma Mater wrote:
The alternative is segragating anti-vaxxers from the general population. Is that better ?

Well we do not have to force it per se. Not jail people or hold them down while we stick them. We we can and should do is make it a requirement to use certain government services, benefits and privileges.

We already mandate them to attend public schools and to get a green card. We should also mandate them to get a driver’s license, any ID legal to used for air travel or other interstate transportation, to get a passport, to work any government job, to use polling places. Require the transportation, hotel, food service and retail industries to require their employees who deal with the public be vaccinated. Things like that.

And eliminate non health related exemptions.

That way if the real loons want to avoid vaccines fine, but we have limited their ability to spread their diseases.

Polling might not be a great idea ...

“Suppression”
Cannot think of a name wrote:It's a narrative, and narratives don't require masterminds or persian cats.
The Greater Ohio Valley wrote:Same here. I wash my hands religiously to keep the medical debt away.

The JELLEAIN Republic
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The JELLEAIN Republic » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:52 pm

Galloism wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

Some are forced into being unable to get vaccinated, others choose so.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:57 pm

The JELLEAIN Republic wrote:

Yes. So?

If it’s about risk, so what?

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:30 pm

Galloism wrote:
The JELLEAIN Republic wrote:

Yes. So?

For your freedom; we have the return of an eradicated disease. For your freedom we are seeing the growth of other diseases. For your freedom we have seen the death of some who couldn’t get treatment. For your freedom, we see the effects on medical and insurance costs.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:47 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Galloism wrote:Yes. So?

For your freedom; we have the return of an eradicated disease. For your freedom we are seeing the growth of other diseases. For your freedom we have seen the death of some who couldn’t get treatment. For your freedom, we see the effects on medical and insurance costs.

Yes.

Many of these are also true of your freedom to eat Burger King, or not hit the gym. Or freedom to fly overseas.

Freedom always comes with a blood price. The question is how much are we willing to pay for it. Sometimes the price is low, as is here, sometimes it’s high, as in prohibiting drunken driving.
Last edited by Galloism on Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sapporo Hyperspace Riftgate Laboratory
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 03, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sapporo Hyperspace Riftgate Laboratory » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:48 pm

This is the very reason I am an authoritarian. I don't want those cyka-blyats no-goodniks spreading their falsehoods.
TEMPORARILY USING NSTATS DUE TO LACK OF FACTBOOKS, BUT I'M JUDGING YOU (F7ERS) BY YOUR FACTBOOKS.
<< TERRAN INTERSTELLAR ADMINISTRATION >>
Adminyztrasyn Vilstityr Rasyn

THEMES: Peace | Tension | War | Victory | Defeat | National Anthem
NATIONAL Q&A
"For a vast majority of its existence, mankind dreamed to reach the stars. Yet today, reaching the stars is made a reality through joint endeavor."
- Operations Director of the T.I.A., Hilbert Lachlan Silverwell

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General