NATION

PASSWORD

The Mystery of Chris Chan

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What could have altered Chris Chan's life for the better?

Better special education within his school district
17%
Parents having a greater understanding of autism
31%
Not being constantly attacked online without mercy
22%
Nothing could have prevented what has become of him
16%
The horror is too much for me to bare
13%

Total votes : 214

Vetalia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 23, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Vetalia » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:03 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Vetalia wrote:
He even made a fake spoof website proclaiming him the winner.

Pride goeth before a fall.

Or as Chris would say, "do not be not so humble, for viewing yourself as above another is a b-is a bust, and we a-we are of c-course all e-we are all equals"

Or as Chris would say before his madness:

"Well now, Mr. Clyde...your toime and rutches--your fame and four-chunn shall fall just like these Twin Towers! They go crumbling down, with an airplane!"
Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:16 pm

Blakk Metal wrote:
Major-Tom wrote:Never heard of him, and I can't do anything beyond speculate about someone I don't know, but anyone who undergoes a rapid descent into paranoid, delusional and bizarre thought may be suffering from the early stages of schizophrenia. Just a thought.

It's possible, Chris has many schizophrenia risk factors.

Either way, it's all speculative.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:23 pm

Vetalia wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:
Pride goeth before a fall.

Or as Chris would say, "do not be not so humble, for viewing yourself as above another is a b-is a bust, and we a-we are of c-course all e-we are all equals"

Or as Chris would say before his madness:

"Well now, Mr. Clyde...your toime and rutches--your fame and four-chunn shall fall just like these Twin Towers! They go crumbling down, with an airplane!"

Lmao an important piece of christory
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:50 am

You know wha might have helped him not be so messed up?

If people hadn't been trolling someone with a clearly delicate mental state and limited reasoning powers for decades. It's pretty obvious that this guy needs some serious help, and continuing to troll him and make his life harder doesn't help.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:37 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:You know wha might have helped him not be so messed up?

If people hadn't been trolling someone with a clearly delicate mental state and limited reasoning powers for decades. It's pretty obvious that this guy needs some serious help, and continuing to troll him and make his life harder doesn't help.

I still remember the incident with the idea guys. That was messed up
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Rostavykhan
Minister

Founded: Sep 30, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Rostavykhan » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:57 pm

ngl though it was kinda funny when some dudes photoshopped a laser canon on the moon and said that they'd shoot it at Cwcville if Chris didn't give them a huge ransom, and Chris actually fell for it.

That, or the Idea Guy convincing Chris that Nazis bugged his Christmas tree, leading to Chris smashing up all the decorations and burning said tree, screaming at the Nazis to get out of his tree.
LEARN TO HATE ; TOTAL HATRED FOR TOTAL WAR
LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE | FEED, SEED, SNEED

Vetalia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 23, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Vetalia » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:01 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:You know wha might have helped him not be so messed up?

I still remember the incident with the idea guys. That was messed up

Their actions were literally criminal...it says a lot when the Kiwi Farms of all places goes on the offensive to protect Chris.
Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05

Krasny-Volny
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Krasny-Volny » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:05 pm

The real question is, why do you care? Delving deep into nature and degree of a complete stranger’s mental illness strikes me as bordering on the morbidly obsessive.
Krastecexport. Cheap armaments for the budget minded, sold with discretion.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:07 pm

It just goes to show there are malicious assholes who will exploit people with illnesses to score cheap laughs while they assume it'll never blow back on them. CWC is like a special issue of 100 Bullets waiting to happen.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:13 pm

Krasny-Volny wrote:The real question is, why do you care? Delving deep into nature and degree of a complete stranger’s mental illness strikes me as bordering on the morbidly obsessive.

By learning from the past mistakes made with Chris chan, maybe we can educate ourselves enough so that we won't fail children born today with autism

-Astoria
Minister

Founded: Mar 14, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby -Astoria » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:51 pm

Gormwood wrote:It just goes to show there are malicious assholes who will exploit people with illnesses to score cheap laughs while they assume it'll never blow back on them. CWC is like a special issue of 100 Bullets waiting to happen.

^ This.
Sadly, this being the internet, one has to expect that.

Republic of Astoria | Tarain Asdair | Vasnin Astoir
Updates! | Constitution | Bill of Rights | Anthem | Lyrics | Embassy | FAQ | NS stats unused
Jul 21, 2020
✉ ABC News: Forests doing well, but climate change putting pressure on it | #musicparade: listeners choose their favourites | Refugee sews 1000 masks for his new hometown | NCP calls for aid package for companies | New evidence of large temples in Onsteyl | Weather: Footscray ☁ 14°C | Altas ☁ 16° | Esterpine ☁ 15° |  Naltgybal ☂⛆ 13° | Ceirtryn ☀ 17° | Bynscel ☁ 21° | Lyteel  ☁ 13°

A 7 civ | 9th in NSFB#1! | 10/10 by DGES | Much hope: yes.
Low-effort responses since 15/5/20: 67½ | Good responses since 20/7/20: 5

mit zuckerguß

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:57 am

Rostavykhan wrote:ngl though it was kinda funny when some dudes photoshopped a laser canon on the moon and said that they'd shoot it at Cwcville if Chris didn't give them a huge ransom, and Chris actually fell for it.

That, or the Idea Guy convincing Chris that Nazis bugged his Christmas tree, leading to Chris smashing up all the decorations and burning said tree, screaming at the Nazis to get out of his tree.

Why is telling a guy with severe autism and mental health issues a lie in the hope he'll give you money, which he has little of, funny?
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

-Astoria
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby -Astoria » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:12 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Why is telling a guy with severe autism and mental health issues a lie in the hope he'll give you money, which he has little of, funny?

Though do keep in mind that any money that the "short-on-cash" guy gets inevitably goes towards purchasing more junk, instead of paying off mortgage fees and the like.
Last edited by -Astoria on Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:27 am

-Astoria wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Why is telling a guy with severe autism and mental health issues a lie in the hope he'll give you money, which he has little of, funny?

Though do keep in mind that any money that the "short-on-cash" guy gets inevitably goes towards purchasing more junk, instead of paying off mortgage fees and the like.

Chris spends the little money he gets on video games and new toys like he's still a child and not a grown man with priorities. No one can tell me this was unavoidable because this kind of behavior is not the norm for autism.

Geno Samuel released Chris Chan: a comprehensive history part 27 last night and in it, there are several moments in which Chris blames his behavior on his autism, and uses the disorder as a crutch or an excuse to act like a dumbass. This is probably a result of barb and Bob letting him have this as an excuse for so long, instead of schooling this guy real quick that just because you have "high functioning autism" (idek if we can call what Chris has high functioning because he's not functioning at all) doesn't mean you can't act like a civilized human being. Every time Chris blames his behavior on his "autism making social cues difficult for me," he pushes the stereotype that autistic people are total idiots and crazy, which isn't true at all. Also thanks to Chris using autism as an excuse for everything, he made this crap: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LMrc-oLjKGE
Last edited by Rojava Free State on Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

-Astoria
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby -Astoria » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:35 am

Rojava Free State wrote:Chris spends the little money he gets on video games and new toys like he's still a child and not a grown man with priorities. No one can tell me this was unavoidable because this kind of behavior is not the norm for autism.

Oh, definitely - but hey, at least there's the old tugboat.
I've been following updates for the past few months to get me up to speed, incidentally.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:46 am

Rojava Free State wrote:
-Astoria wrote:Though do keep in mind that any money that the "short-on-cash" guy gets inevitably goes towards purchasing more junk, instead of paying off mortgage fees and the like.

Chris spends the little money he gets on video games and new toys like he's still a child and not a grown man with priorities. No one can tell me this was unavoidable because this kind of behavior is not the norm for autism.

Geno Samuel released Chris Chan: a comprehensive history part 27 last night and in it, there are several moments in which Chris blames his behavior on his autism, and uses the disorder as a crutch or an excuse to act like a dumbass. This is probably a result of barb and Bob letting him have this as an excuse for so long, instead of schooling this guy real quick that just because you have "high functioning autism" (idek if we can call what Chris has high functioning because he's not functioning at all) doesn't mean you can't act like a civilized human being. Every time Chris blames his behavior on his "autism making social cues difficult for me," he pushes the stereotype that autistic people are total idiots and crazy, which isn't true at all. Also thanks to Chris using autism as an excuse for everything, he made this crap: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LMrc-oLjKGE

I'm wondering if the best thing for Chris might have been Bob cutting the internets down after all.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:47 am

-Astoria wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:Chris spends the little money he gets on video games and new toys like he's still a child and not a grown man with priorities. No one can tell me this was unavoidable because this kind of behavior is not the norm for autism.

Oh, definitely - but hey, at least there's the old tugboat.
I've been following updates for the past few months to get me up to speed, incidentally.

I went and looked up what the tugboat is and I've never been more disappointed in all my life.

You know my dad once tried to talk me into going on social security for of all things ADHD. I was like "I wouldn't accept government aid if I was literally living in absolute poverty, and you think I would con them into giving me money for ADHD? Seriously?!" I actually was living in third world conditions for a few months in a trailer with no electricity back in the summer and had to go to the nearby barnes and noble to use the internet. One person in the trailer was on social security disability for a workplace injury they suffered a year before, but while the thought of government assistance was tempting, I'd rather live in a dark box than take money from them. My ego wouldn't recover if I did. I can't imagine taking money from the government just cause "well see I have autism and my parents say it means I can do whatever I want!"

Gorbehstan
Envoy

Founded: Dec 07, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gorbehstan » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:04 am

He needs to be fucking left alone.

Gorbehstan
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Gorbehstan » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:06 am

Rojava Free State wrote:
-Astoria wrote:Though do keep in mind that any money that the "short-on-cash" guy gets inevitably goes towards purchasing more junk, instead of paying off mortgage fees and the like.

Chris is seriously mentally ill. Fuck the world for treating him like that.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:31 am

Rojava Free State wrote:
-Astoria wrote:Oh, definitely - but hey, at least there's the old tugboat.

I went and looked up what the tugboat is and I've never been more disappointed in all my life.

You know my dad once tried to talk me into going on social security for of all things ADHD. I was like "I wouldn't accept government aid if I was literally living in absolute poverty, and you think I would con them into giving me money for ADHD? Seriously?!" I actually was living in third world conditions for a few months in a trailer with no electricity back in the summer and had to go to the nearby barnes and noble to use the internet. One person in the trailer was on social security disability for a workplace injury they suffered a year before, but while the thought of government assistance was tempting, I'd rather live in a dark box than take money from them. My ego wouldn't recover if I did. I can't imagine taking money from the government just cause "well see I have autism and my parents say it means I can do whatever I want!"

Take whatever you can, even if you don't need it. The more people take and don't give back just makes societal collapse quicker.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:45 am

Gorbehstan wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

The trolls aren't in the right. They should've left him alone, but Chris is no Angel either. The story of Chris Chan is a true tragedy. True good guys are few and far between, and just when you start feeling sympathy for someone, they do some scumbag shit

Gorbehstan
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Gorbehstan » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:00 am

Rojava Free State wrote:
Gorbehstan wrote:

The trolls aren't in the right. They should've left him alone, but Chris is no Angel either. The story of Chris Chan is a true tragedy. True good guys are few and far between, and just when you start feeling sympathy for someone, they do some scumbag shit

When someone is sufficiently mentally ill they need to be institutionalized, not morally blamed for not abiding by social liberal, social conservative or whatever norms.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:12 am

Gorbehstan wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

When someone is sufficiently mentally ill they need to be institutionalized, not morally blamed for not abiding by social liberal, social conservative or whatever norms.

I don't believe Chris was always so far gone though. Some of the things Chris did he should have known were wrong, like storming into Michael snyder's shop and calling him a Jew or cheating on Ivy with of all people a Latino disguised as Vanessa Hughens. I believe that Chris at the time of 2010 was still mentally stable enough to know some basic morals and instead he chose to neglect them.

Chris nowadays I don't blame for much considering he or she or whatever we call them doesn't even seem to understand what's real and what isn't anymore. And don't even get me started on his parents because they share a huge amount of the blame in how he turned out. The only people I feel bad for truly are Michael Snyder and Mary Lee Walsh. They just did what they had to do and Chris persecuted them for it.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:14 am

Yeah btw, about Vanessa hughens, can we all take a moment to just realize how weird it was for Joshua Martinez to catfish chris? He legit did some online sex with Christian weston chandler, which to me is just...absolutely bizarre. All in the name of trolling. God, some people have too much free time on their hands

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:18 am

Rostavykhan wrote:ngl though it was kinda funny when some dudes photoshopped a laser canon on the moon and said that they'd shoot it at Cwcville if Chris didn't give them a huge ransom, and Chris actually fell for it.

The extorters should go to jail and Chris should be put in an asylum.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General