NATION

PASSWORD

The Mystery of Chris Chan

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

What could have altered Chris Chan's life for the better?

Better special education within his school district
17%
Parents having a greater understanding of autism
31%
Not being constantly attacked online without mercy
22%
Nothing could have prevented what has become of him
16%
The horror is too much for me to bare
13%

Total votes : 214

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

The Mystery of Chris Chan

Postby Rojava Free State » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:47 pm

I want to start this thread off by stating I will not be including a thorough history from the 1980s to the present about Christian Weston Chandler. If you want that, YouTube and the Cwcki exist for a reason. If you don't know who Chris chan is, go watch even 5 minutes of a video about him and you'll know.

Now that I've stated that disclaimer, let's move on. Christian Weston Chandler, also known as Chris Chan, is famous in America for his comic franchise "Sonichu," and famous moreso for his continued conflict with haters on the internet, video game stores, police and anyone else who he considers to be against him. As the years have dragged on, Chris Chan has become more out of touch with reality, coming to believe that the setting of his comics is in fact a real place that will soon join our world. Many YouTube commentators have created videos on Chris Chan, ranging from full on biographies to recent news to readings of the sonichu comics. Much of the fascination related to the creator of the electric hedgehog Pokemon himself relates to his deteriorating condition as he becomes more delusional and his mother's health dwindles. What led Chris Chan to where he's at? While many people believe chris's autism has made him the man he is today, I myself don't think that's just it. Many autistic people grow up to be successful integrated members of society and even for the ones that dont, bizarre delusions aren't a common symptom. Chris's belief in the dimensional merge and supposed power to curse people and "astral project" sound like something much more severe than autism. What are your opinions NSers? Is Chris Chan suffering a serious mental health crisis? Is there anything that could have been done differently as he was growing up that could have prevented him from reaching his current state of existence? Can Chris Chan still be saved? Have you heard of the infamous Christian Weston Chandler? Let me know your thoughts below. Please keep in mind that this is a serious thread and while we all have funny stories about the Cwc, I want to focus on the important topic of mental health and how we can better provide it for those who need the aid.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Samadhi
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 24, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Samadhi » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:48 pm

This sounds like one of those things I don't want to know.
18 and female
Voluntaryist.
Enjoys watching social democrats act like authoritarian hell states are that much worse than them.
It's all slavery baby.
Proud cat mum, I love Snowy and Hijinks.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:49 pm

Samadhi wrote:This sounds like one of those things I don't want to know.

This is the point of no return. I can never go back
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:52 pm

I think autism may have contributed to it, but yeah there's definitely a lot more going on.
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:54 pm

Agarntrop wrote:I think autism may have contributed to it, but yeah there's definitely a lot more going on.

Autism is highly influenced by environment. You'd be amazed at how a little quality care can go a long way when dealing with children who have it

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:04 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Agarntrop wrote:I think autism may have contributed to it, but yeah there's definitely a lot more going on.

Autism is highly influenced by environment. You'd be amazed at how a little quality care can go a long way when dealing with children who have it

Oh yeah, you don't have to tell me that. Read my sig lol.
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Xuloqoia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 05, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Xuloqoia » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:59 pm

Oh, CWC? Personally, I’ve become but a casual observer; there are far more... fascinating people online to watch nowadays. Onision comes to mind, what with the ongoing FBI investigation and all. But Gurgle isn’t the subject of this thread, so I digress. Chris-Chan is nearing the end of their life. They live in utter squalor, their physical and mental health having deteriorated to unthinkable levels. I’d believe it to be divine intervention if they somehow manage to make it past fifty years of age, if I’m to be completely honest.
I may return for somewhat longer than I was initially expecting. Why am I here? No idea whatsoever. I really ought to find some way out of this place.

Also, the NS stats don't reflect my RL views, just to clarify.

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:20 pm

My belief is that he's playing a character for attention. If Chris Chan is genuinely incompetent, they're doing provocative things on top of that and leaking it online in the hopes of getting more notoreity/money. They succeeded in this to some extent, but the reputation established hurts more than it helps them.

The rumor is that they made it so that they somehow qualify for Social Security Disability and get paid each month whilst unemployed, but generally speaking- it isn't enough to sustain anyone fully on its own. When his mother passes away, Chris might get into real trouble financially when the day comes that they really are on their own.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:45 pm

"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

Xuloqoia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Xuloqoia » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:49 pm

Ah, Fredrik Knudsen. I’m glad to see that (at least in part) you are a man of culture.
I may return for somewhat longer than I was initially expecting. Why am I here? No idea whatsoever. I really ought to find some way out of this place.

Cappuccina
Minister

Founded: Jun 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cappuccina » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:54 pm

My take is that Chris Chan is both mentally ill, and has the personality of a spoiled brat. It's pretty evident that his purpose in life is to entertain the world as a lolcow, that's all he'll ever be.
Muslim, Female, Trans, Not white..... oppression points x4!!!!
"Latinx" isn't a real word. :^)
Automobile & Music fan!!! ^_^
Also, an everything 1980s fan!!!
Left/Right: -5.25
SocLib/Auth: 2.46

Apparently, I'm an INFP

Xuloqoia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Xuloqoia » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:02 pm

Cappuccina wrote:My take is that Chris Chan is both mentally ill, and has the personality of a spoiled brat. It's pretty evident that his purpose in life is to entertain the world as a lolcow, that's all he'll ever be.

But Chris-Chan has ceased to be entertaining, at least in my view. At this point, I’m just waiting for them to pass away due to their numerous health problems.

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:14 pm

Haven't heard about [whatever accusative pronoun Chris.+ is using these days] in a while. Is there something new that is actually important or is this just a trashy second helping of the barbaric internet circus that centers on [see above]?
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

Cappuccina
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cappuccina » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:16 pm

Xuloqoia wrote:
Cappuccina wrote:My take is that Chris Chan is both mentally ill, and has the personality of a spoiled brat. It's pretty evident that his purpose in life is to entertain the world as a lolcow, that's all he'll ever be.

But Chris-Chan has ceased to be entertaining, at least in my view. At this point, I’m just waiting for them to pass away due to their numerous health problems.

May his death be entertaining.

Apparently, I'm an INFP

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:18 pm

Cappuccina wrote:
Xuloqoia wrote:

What an utterly awful thing to say.

Xuloqoia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Xuloqoia » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:18 pm

Cekoviu wrote:Haven't heard about [whatever accusative pronoun Chris.+ is using these days] in a while. Is there something new that is actually important or is this just a trashy second helping of the barbaric internet circus that centers on [see above]?

Did you hear about CWC’s attempt at being the central figure in a doomsday cult based around a prophesied “Dimensional Merge”?

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:19 pm

Xuloqoia wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:Haven't heard about [whatever accusative pronoun Chris.+ is using these days] in a while. Is there something new that is actually important or is this just a trashy second helping of the barbaric internet circus that centers on [see above]?

Did you hear about CWC’s attempt at being the central figure in a doomsday cult based around a prophesied “Dimensional Merge”?

No. As I said, it's been a while.

Cappuccina
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cappuccina » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:21 pm

Cekoviu wrote:
Cappuccina wrote:

What an utterly awful thing to say.

Meh.

Apparently, I'm an INFP

Xmara
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Xmara » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:21 pm

Xuloqoia wrote:Oh, CWC? Personally, I’ve become but a casual observer; there are far more... fascinating people online to watch nowadays. Onision comes to mind, what with the ongoing FBI investigation and all. But Gurgle isn’t the subject of this thread, so I digress. Chris-Chan is nearing the end of their life. They live in utter squalor, their physical and mental health having deteriorated to unthinkable levels. I’d believe it to be divine intervention if they somehow manage to make it past fifty years of age, if I’m to be completely honest.

I live under a rock. Who is Onision? Or do I really want to know?
/ˈzmaːrʌ/
Info
Our Leader
Status- Code Green- All clear
I mostly use NS stats, except for population and tax rates.
We are not Estonia.
A 16.8 civilization, according to this index.
Flag Waver

Support
Ukraine

Cappuccina
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cappuccina » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:23 pm

Xmara wrote:
Xuloqoia wrote:Oh, CWC? Personally, I’ve become but a casual observer; there are far more... fascinating people online to watch nowadays. Onision comes to mind, what with the ongoing FBI investigation and all. But Gurgle isn’t the subject of this thread, so I digress. Chris-Chan is nearing the end of their life. They live in utter squalor, their physical and mental health having deteriorated to unthinkable levels. I’d believe it to be divine intervention if they somehow manage to make it past fifty years of age, if I’m to be completely honest.

Good old Onion Boy, he's a YouTuber that's been active for many years and is a truly terrible (and creepy) individual. He's long ago ascended to lolcow status.

Apparently, I'm an INFP

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:24 pm

Xmara wrote:

*licks finger to page...*
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Xuloqoia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Xuloqoia » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:25 pm

Cappuccina wrote:
Xuloqoia wrote:

It won’t, though. CWC will likely go out with a whimper, quietly rotting away in their depraved lair of filth until the end of their life.

Cekoviu wrote:
Xuloqoia wrote:

No. As I said, it's been a while.

Ah. Well, to paraphrase the CWCki: The Dimensional Merge is the event in which Chris believes that "Dimension 1218" and "Dimension C-197" (respectively, the universe of real life, and the parallel universe where Sonichu and other fictional characters live) will combine, bringing fictional characters into reality. Chris is convinced that they are the designated liaison of the event and will become a deity as a result, giving the appearance of a doomsday cult leader. First announced in October 2018, the Dimensional Merge's beginning on 18 November 2018, to align with the Jonestown mass suicide, revealed it to be a troll fabrication. The Merge was expected to take place by the end of December 2018. Naturally, when New Year's came and went, Chris began backpedaling but remained insistent that the Merge would occur.

Sterkistan
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 13, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sterkistan » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:26 pm

I genuinely don't think anything could have changed in Chris-Chan's life to improve him, because ultimately he is his own worst enemy. He is a narcissist with a complete inability to take responsibility for his mistakes or the consequences of his actions. His narcissism directly contributes to his inability to take criticism or advice, the Liquid Chris saga may have been some of his worst tormenting, but he was also given some of the realest advice he ever received. He responded to it by ignoring all of it.

More than once he had a chance to step away from the internet, where his life was ridiculed and he was tormented, but he kept coming back. Ultimately all that befalls Chris is his own fault, he provides them the ammunition they use.

Where he is currently is also his own fault. He is the only one responsible for the delusions he's trapped himself in. At no point in his history has Chris ever taken meaningful action to better himself by his own hand.
This Nation does not use NS Statistics. Perpetually WIP

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:26 pm

I know very little about Chris Chan but of what I know, perhaps his issues could have been minimized with better special education.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Cappuccina
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cappuccina » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:28 pm

Xuloqoia wrote:
Cappuccina wrote:

It won’t, though. CWC will likely go out with a whimper, quietly rotting away in their depraved lair of filth until the end of their life.

Cekoviu wrote:No. As I said, it's been a while.

Ah. Well, to paraphrase the CWCki: The Dimensional Merge is the event in which Chris believes that "Dimension 1218" and "Dimension C-197" (respectively, the universe of real life, and the parallel universe where Sonichu and other fictional characters live) will combine, bringing fictional characters into reality. Chris is convinced that they are the designated liaison of the event and will become a deity as a result, giving the appearance of a doomsday cult leader. First announced in October 2018, the Dimensional Merge's beginning on 18 November 2018, to align with the Jonestown mass suicide, revealed it to be a troll fabrication. The Merge was expected to take place by the end of December 2018. Naturally, when New Year's came and went, Chris began backpedaling but remained insistent that the Merge would occur.

Unfortunately, for long time fans of his work.

Apparently, I'm an INFP

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General