NATION

PASSWORD

Should the CPUSA Be Outlawed and Forcefully Disbanded?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Should the CPUSA Be Outlawed and Forcefully Disbanded?

The CPUSA should be outlawed & disbanded simply for being Communist.
6%
The CPUSA should be outlawed & disbanded for collaborating with an enemy of the United States.
5%
The CPUSA should be outlawed & disbanded and all it's current and former members arrested for treason and espionage on behalf of a foreign power.
2%
The CPUSA should be outlawed but not disbanded and instead the FBI should monitor it's members just in case.
0%
The CPUSA should be outlawed but not disbanded.
1%
The CPUSA should not be outlawed or disbanded as it cannot be held accountable for events that occurred 30+ years ago.
7%
The CPUSA should not be outlawed or disbanded as that would be unconstitutional.
44%
The CPUSA should not be outlawed or disbanded but any current or former member suspected of spying for a foreign power should be investigated.
17%
The CPUSA should not be outlawed or disbanded because they won't win anything important anyway.
5%
David Hasselhoff should fight all 5,000 members of the CPUSA to the death with his bare hands in Madison Square Garden on live international television.
14%

Total votes : 289

Munkcestrian Republic
Minister

Founded: May 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian Republic » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:23 pm

Kubra wrote:
Munkcestrian Republic wrote:"The Communist Party does not endorse candidates from other parties"
But it does endorse the democrats in general
I will reiterate: lol.

it doesn't though??

"The presidential election is not just about candidates themselves. It is about choosing what direction the country will go in. So, we work with allies in the union movement, in immigrant rights and civil rights and environment and organizations of women, LGBTQ, youth, and retirees with the goal of stopping extremists like Trump and building enough “people power” to win better jobs, education, healthcare, equality and peace.

Trump's agenda is threatening to working and poor people and our entire planet because it is based on hatred, racism, bigotry and looking out only for the .1%. But stopping Trump is not enough.

Big changes are needed to put people's needs before profits in our country. We organize at the local level. We run in local elections, especially non-partisan. We have run presidential candidates in the past. When the labor and people's organizations are strong enough to route the extremist corporate right wing, and when we have gained more strength at the local level, we may well decide to run national candidates again."
if you like my posts please make sure to downvote my factbooks.
DON'T CLICK
"lmao child you come into MY region"
no, this nation does not represent my
views. i cannot believe i have to clarify this

for RPers
my views explained

Antityranicals
Minister

Founded: May 18, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Antityranicals » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:23 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Antityranicals wrote:I don't think you understand how this works. BigPharmaCorp can only maintain a monopoly with the help of a government forbidding other companies from competing against it with regulations. Regulations cause monopolies. Otherwise, the very moment BigPharmaCorp stops providing the very best service possible, hundreds of new companies will start, and compete against it with lower prices. BigPharmaCorp can try to buy them all, but it will likely fail, as the companies will demand more and more money for their company, because of the huge profit which can be made competing against a monopoly, and more companies will come in to replace those companies which are bought out if they are. The one and only thing which can prevent this monopoly from collapsing is the government banning these companies from starting using regulations.

The amount of damage done by the time a new company can even begin to compete with bigpharmacorp would be catastrophic. If they've bought a whole sector out, it's gonna take some time for a new competitor to challenge them

A few days? It's not that hard to make medicine, if only government regulations don't make paperwork compliance a nightmare.
Compass: Right: 9.94, Libertarian: -5.84
Catholic Libertarian. Gov't has no authority, all authority is from God. God grants us free will, gov't should not infringe upon it. Legislating morality is wrong. Only exception is protecting rights to life, liberty, and property. Abortion is killing an infant, one of the few things gov't should prevent. Pro-Trump, he's been an effective weapon against real enemies of freedom: The Left, but I wish he were more for free trade, more against deficits. Unrestrained capitalism is a great thing; it does wonders for standards of living of everyone, especially the poor.
HS student in the USA. Male. XC runner, 17:30 5k, 4:59 mile. I enjoy singing, sushi, eating large quantities of food, and eating large quantities of sushi.

Munkcestrian Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian Republic » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:24 pm

Munkcestrian Republic wrote:
Kubra wrote: But it does endorse the democrats in general

it doesn't though??

"The presidential election is not just about candidates themselves. It is about choosing what direction the country will go in. So, we work with allies in the union movement, in immigrant rights and civil rights and environment and organizations of women, LGBTQ, youth, and retirees with the goal of stopping extremists like Trump and building enough “people power” to win better jobs, education, healthcare, equality and peace.

Trump's agenda is threatening to working and poor people and our entire planet because it is based on hatred, racism, bigotry and looking out only for the .1%. But stopping Trump is not enough.

Big changes are needed to put people's needs before profits in our country. We organize at the local level. We run in local elections, especially non-partisan. We have run presidential candidates in the past. When the labor and people's organizations are strong enough to route the extremist corporate right wing, and when we have gained more strength at the local level, we may well decide to run national candidates again."

like that's just anti-Republican not pro-Democrat and i know this may seem strange but there are parties other than the Republicans and Democrats. you are participating in a thread about one, after all
DON'T CLICK

for RPers
my views explained

Black Moon Archmagocracy
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 11, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Black Moon Archmagocracy » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:24 pm

Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:Right. This proves nothing. As I said earlier: when only two parties have control over who gets in office, it's a bit hard not to support one or the other.

No, it isn’t. I might even vote for Bernie, but the Communist parties do not endorse him, to my knowledge, because as the IMT says he cannot enact his reforms. He does not have the support of the democrats. Apart from introducing the public to some ideas, all he does is revitalize the corporate corpse of the fake left, the Democratic Party. If he had run as an independent, then we might support him.
Last edited by Black Moon Archmagocracy on Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kubra
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 15, 2006
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kubra » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:24 pm

Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:
Munkcestrian Republic wrote:already got a mayor in Wisconsin

Wow, what a prestigious position.

/s

Kubra wrote: He didn't call you "nero". He said nero could at least hold a tune, the implication being that if this is performance art it isn't very good.

The implication being if my post is an attempt at trolling it isn't very good. I see that went over your head.

Gormwood wrote:You account name is literally Trollzyn the Infinite.

Which is a 40k meme. It has nothing to do with my posting habits. You think I'd go trolling with "troll" in the name? Trolling is supposed to be subtle; that's the opposite of subtle.

Never mind that you just admitted to troll-naming.
Performance art isn't trolling, bruh. It's performance art. It makes an ironic point.
“Atomic war is inevitable. It will destroy half of humanity: it is going to destroy immense human riches. It is very possible. The atomic war is going to provoke a true inferno on Earth. But it will not impede Communism.”
Comrade J. Posadas

Telconi
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:25 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Telconi wrote:
Only if we can't differentiate between thoughts and actions. Can we differentiate between thoughts and actions?

Jailing people based on the political party they're in is a thought crime. It's something a dictator does

You realize that membership in a political party involves more than just though right?
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:25 pm

it doesn't though??

Golly-gee, that sounds like an actually reasonable political strategy.
☆ American Patriot ☆ Civic Nationalist ☆ Rocker & Metalhead ☆ Heretical Christian ☆
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Reminder that Donald J. Trump is officially a traitor to the United States of America as of January 6th, 2021
The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ
Wanted Fugitive of the Chinese Communist Party
Unapologetic stan for Lana Beniko - #1 Sith Waifu

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:25 pm

Antityranicals wrote:
The South Falls wrote:I don't think he Republicans are against the free market by any means. Their deregulation measures are designed to spur the free market, at the expense of the environment and often less wealthy Americans.

The free market cannot hurt less wealthy Americans, that's not possible. How would that even work? Rather, the free market gives those Americans more choices, meaning lower prices and/or higher quality.

The business subsidies which Republicans often favor, however, do hurt less wealthy Americans, by allowing companies to be unproductive, not serving Americans as they should, while still getting bailed out by the governments.

The methods that they use to bolster the free market hurt less wealthy Americans. Take the tax cuts, as an example. Less federal tax money will reach public services, like Medicare and Medicaid, hurting less wealthy Americans that rely on those programs.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

Kubra
Post Marshal

Father Knows Best State

Postby Kubra » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:26 pm

it doesn't though??

which incidentally involves getting people to vote democrat.
I won't reiterate, you get the point.
“Atomic war is inevitable. It will destroy half of humanity: it is going to destroy immense human riches. It is very possible. The atomic war is going to provoke a true inferno on Earth. But it will not impede Communism.”
Comrade J. Posadas

Munkcestrian Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian Republic » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:27 pm

Kubra wrote:
Munkcestrian Republic wrote:it doesn't though??

which incidentally involves getting people to vote democrat.

it doesn't.

I am right, as always.
DON'T CLICK

for RPers
my views explained

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:27 pm

Kubra wrote:
Wow, what a prestigious position.

/s

The implication being if my post is an attempt at trolling it isn't very good. I see that went over your head.

Which is a 40k meme. It has nothing to do with my posting habits. You think I'd go trolling with "troll" in the name? Trolling is supposed to be subtle; that's the opposite of subtle.

Never mind that you just admitted to troll-naming.
Performance art isn't trolling, bruh. It's performance art. It makes an ironic point.

You don't honestly think he was calling my OP "performance art" unironically, do you?
☆ American Patriot ☆ Civic Nationalist ☆ Rocker & Metalhead ☆ Heretical Christian ☆
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Reminder that Donald J. Trump is officially a traitor to the United States of America as of January 6th, 2021
The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ

Kubra
Post Marshal

Father Knows Best State

Postby Kubra » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:27 pm

Black Moon Archmagocracy wrote:
Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:Right. This proves nothing. As I said earlier: when only two parties have control over who gets in office, it's a bit hard not to support one or the other.

No, it isn’t. I might even vote for Bernie, but the Communist parties do not endorse him, to my knowledge, because as the IMT says he cannot enact his reforms. He does not have the support of the democrats. Apart from introducing the public to some ideas, all he does is revitalize the corporate corpse of the fake left, the Democratic Party. If he had run as an independent, then we might support him.
>IMT
hooo wait a minute who are you
which front group do you rep? Is it fightback?
Comrade J. Posadas

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:27 pm

Telconi wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:
Jailing people based on the political party they're in is a thought crime. It's something a dictator does

You realize that membership in a political party involves more than just though right?

It's utilizing your beliefs or thoughts about politics to place yourself in a group of like-minded individuals.. Its core is still thought. Political party members aren't all rioting extremists.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:28 pm

Kubra wrote: which incidentally involves getting people to vote democrat.

it doesn't.

I am right, as always.

I have literally never seen you be right about anything except this one, specific thing. Honestly.

The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ

Black Moon Archmagocracy
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Black Moon Archmagocracy » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:28 pm

Munkcestrian Republic wrote:it doesn't though??""

“Getting people involved” in the elections without supporting an alternative candidate is the same, in practice, as supporting the democrats.

Munkcestrian Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian Republic » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:28 pm

Kubra wrote: Performance art isn't trolling, bruh. It's performance art. It makes an ironic point.

You don't honestly think he was calling my OP "performance art" unironically, do you?

mods will accuse anything of being trolling.. I'm still banned from making threads on Northumbrian nationalism/independence because they thought I wasn't being serious :eyebrow: :( :blink: :unsure:
DON'T CLICK

for RPers
my views explained

Black Moon Archmagocracy
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Black Moon Archmagocracy » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:29 pm

Kubra wrote:>IMT
hooo wait a minute who are you
which front group do you rep? Is it fightback?

I’m not a member, I just attended meetings.

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:29 pm

mods will accuse anything of being trolling.. I'm still banned from making threads on Northumbrian nationalism/independence because they thought I wasn't being serious :eyebrow: :( :blink: :unsure:

To be fair you're probably the only Northumbrian Nationalist in existence.

The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ

Antityranicals
Minister

Founded: May 18, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Antityranicals » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:29 pm

The South Falls wrote:
Antityranicals wrote:The free market cannot hurt less wealthy Americans, that's not possible. How would that even work? Rather, the free market gives those Americans more choices, meaning lower prices and/or higher quality.

The business subsidies which Republicans often favor, however, do hurt less wealthy Americans, by allowing companies to be unproductive, not serving Americans as they should, while still getting bailed out by the governments.

The methods that they use to bolster the free market hurt less wealthy Americans. Take the tax cuts, as an example. Less federal tax money will reach public services, like Medicare and Medicaid, hurting less wealthy Americans that rely on those programs.

And that money, instead of being used in those bureaucratic morasses which you have listed, will remain in the private sector. There, it will mean that corporations don't have to raise prices in order to remain profitable, thus lowering prices for everyday Americans. You see the seen benefit, but not the unseen cost, and that unseen cost is far, far greater. That unseen cost is millions put below the poverty line who otherwise would be able to afford what they need to live because corporations wouldn't have to raise prices.
Compass: Right: 9.94, Libertarian: -5.84
Catholic Libertarian. Gov't has no authority, all authority is from God. God grants us free will, gov't should not infringe upon it. Legislating morality is wrong. Only exception is protecting rights to life, liberty, and property. Abortion is killing an infant, one of the few things gov't should prevent. Pro-Trump, he's been an effective weapon against real enemies of freedom: The Left, but I wish he were more for free trade, more against deficits. Unrestrained capitalism is a great thing; it does wonders for standards of living of everyone, especially the poor.
HS student in the USA. Male. XC runner, 17:30 5k, 4:59 mile. I enjoy singing, sushi, eating large quantities of food, and eating large quantities of sushi.

Munkcestrian Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian Republic » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:30 pm

Munkcestrian Republic wrote:it doesn't.

I am right, as always.

I have literally never seen you be right about anything except this one, specific thing. Honestly.

Where have I been wrong?
DON'T CLICK

for RPers
my views explained

Telconi
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:30 pm

The South Falls wrote:
Telconi wrote:

It's utilizing your beliefs or thoughts about politics to place yourself in a group of like-minded individuals.. Its core is still thought. Political party members aren't all rioting extremists.

And joining the mob is utilizing my beliefs or thoughts about how to extort local businesses with like-minded individuals. Is it now "thought crime" to prosecute mobsters for racketeering?
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Munkcestrian Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian Republic » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:30 pm

Munkcestrian Republic wrote:mods will accuse anything of being trolling.. I'm still banned from making threads on Northumbrian nationalism/independence because they thought I wasn't being serious :eyebrow: :( :blink: :unsure:

i follow a few others on twitter
DON'T CLICK

for RPers
my views explained

Kubra
Post Marshal

Father Knows Best State

Postby Kubra » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:32 pm

Kubra wrote: which incidentally involves getting people to vote democrat.

it doesn't.

I am right, as always.
Buddy their national committee chair wrote a whole essay on why they support dems. here.
Oh sure, it seems to be "critical support" sort of thing, but no one ever takes that seriously in our milieu. We're used to grand theoretical pronouncements to justify rather mundane policy.
Comrade J. Posadas

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:32 pm

Where have I been wrong?

I can't remember any specific incident, but I sincerely used to think you were a troll at one point. You have a lot of rather outlandish ideas that make even my most extreme ones seem rational by comparison.

i follow a few others on twitter

Right, well, let me know when you guys get a Wikipedia page. That there is the big leagues. :p

The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:33 pm

Kubra wrote: Performance art isn't trolling, bruh. It's performance art. It makes an ironic point.

Even if he was, it wouldn't be a rules violation. I suppose I shouldn't have put my oar in and I apologize if I upset you.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General