NATION

PASSWORD

Should the CPUSA Be Outlawed and Forcefully Disbanded?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Should the CPUSA Be Outlawed and Forcefully Disbanded?

The CPUSA should be outlawed & disbanded simply for being Communist.
6%
The CPUSA should be outlawed & disbanded for collaborating with an enemy of the United States.
5%
The CPUSA should be outlawed & disbanded and all it's current and former members arrested for treason and espionage on behalf of a foreign power.
2%
The CPUSA should be outlawed but not disbanded and instead the FBI should monitor it's members just in case.
0%
The CPUSA should be outlawed but not disbanded.
1%
The CPUSA should not be outlawed or disbanded as it cannot be held accountable for events that occurred 30+ years ago.
7%
The CPUSA should not be outlawed or disbanded as that would be unconstitutional.
44%
The CPUSA should not be outlawed or disbanded but any current or former member suspected of spying for a foreign power should be investigated.
17%
The CPUSA should not be outlawed or disbanded because they won't win anything important anyway.
5%
David Hasselhoff should fight all 5,000 members of the CPUSA to the death with his bare hands in Madison Square Garden on live international television.
14%

Total votes : 289

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:01 pm

Adamantium Archmagocracy wrote:
Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:Never mind that the Republicans are far bigger corporate shills than the Democrats could ever hope to be.

Pretty sure both of them are. And if you take money from the insurance lobby and oppose Medicare for all, well, then you’re a corporate stooge. What “conspiracy”?

You realize you just described Sean Hannity, right?
☆ American Patriot ☆ Civic Nationalist ☆ Rocker & Metalhead ☆ Heretical Christian ☆
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Reminder that Donald J. Trump is officially a traitor to the United States of America as of January 6th, 2021
The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ
Wanted Fugitive of the Chinese Communist Party
Unapologetic stan for Lana Beniko - #1 Sith Waifu

Telconi
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:01 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Telconi wrote:
And then you get to put them in jail for inciting riots. How is this a problem?

You know Britain once tried to stomp out an ideology in ireland back in 1919. 100 years later, southern Ireland is gone and northern Ireland remains in a cold war between Loyalist and separatist groups. It isn't as easy as "just put them in jail" friendo. This is why we have a free market place of ideas, because otherwise you get what northern Ireland had for three decades, the troubles.

And the "free marketplace of ideas" has worked out splendidly right?
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Kernen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kernen » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:01 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Telconi wrote:
Only if we distort the definition of fascism to mean any government that delivers justice on wrongdoers.

Thought crime isn't wrong doing

And just shockingly unenforceable.
From the throne of Khan Juk i'Behemoti, Juk Who-Is-The-Strength-of-the-Behemoth, Supreme Khan of the Ogres of Kernen. May the Khan ever drink the blood of his enemies!

Lawful Evil

Get abortions, do drugs, own guns, but never misstate legal procedure.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:01 pm

Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:
Adamantium Archmagocracy wrote:Ban them for fronting democrats if you’ve had enough corporate government.

Will you stop bellowing this ridiculous conspiracy theory?

Never mind that the Republicans are far bigger corporate shills than the Democrats could ever hope to be.

It's not a conspiracy theory. It's a fact both parties are corporate shills
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Munkcestrian Republic
Minister

Founded: May 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian Republic » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:03 pm

very good topic to discuss, NSG!
if you like my posts please make sure to downvote my factbooks.
DON'T CLICK
"lmao child you come into MY region"
no, this nation does not represent my
views. i cannot believe i have to clarify this

for RPers
my views explained

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:03 pm

Telconi wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:
You know Britain once tried to stomp out an ideology in ireland back in 1919. 100 years later, southern Ireland is gone and northern Ireland remains in a cold war between Loyalist and separatist groups. It isn't as easy as "just put them in jail" friendo. This is why we have a free market place of ideas, because otherwise you get what northern Ireland had for three decades, the troubles.

And the "free marketplace of ideas" has worked out splendidly right?

Compared to northern ireland, South Africa and everywhere else a government tried to silence an idea, it's worked phenomenally. you being offended by communism is a wonderful alternative compared to terror attacks and a gestapo style police force disappearing people for having the wrong opinions
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Antityranicals
Minister

Founded: May 18, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Antityranicals » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:03 pm

Adamantium Archmagocracy wrote:Ban them for fronting democrats if you’ve had enough corporate government.

Never mind that the Republicans are far bigger corporate shills than the Democrats could ever hope to be.

Only to the extent that Republicans are against the free market. I'd say Democrats and their regulations help big business more than the Republicans, though.
Compass: Right: 9.94, Libertarian: -5.84
Catholic Libertarian. Gov't has no authority, all authority is from God. God grants us free will, gov't should not infringe upon it. Legislating morality is wrong. Only exception is protecting rights to life, liberty, and property. Abortion is killing an infant, one of the few things gov't should prevent. Pro-Trump, he's been an effective weapon against real enemies of freedom: The Left, but I wish he were more for free trade, more against deficits. Unrestrained capitalism is a great thing; it does wonders for standards of living of everyone, especially the poor.
HS student in the USA. Male. XC runner, 17:30 5k, 4:59 mile. I enjoy singing, sushi, eating large quantities of food, and eating large quantities of sushi.

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:04 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:

I meant the CPUSA "fronting" the Dems.

I'm well aware both the Dems and GOP (especially the GOP) are in bed with every megacorp from here to Alaska.
☆ American Patriot ☆ Civic Nationalist ☆ Rocker & Metalhead ☆ Heretical Christian ☆
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Reminder that Donald J. Trump is officially a traitor to the United States of America as of January 6th, 2021
The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:04 pm

Antityranicals wrote:

Only to the extent that Republicans are against the free market. I'd say Democrats and their regulations help big business more than the Republicans, though.

I don't think he Republicans are against the free market by any means. Their deregulation measures are designed to spur the free market, at the expense of the environment and often less wealthy Americans.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

Munkcestrian Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian Republic » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:05 pm

love how OP had to clarify how they're nothing like the GOP though LOL
DON'T CLICK

for RPers
my views explained

Antityranicals
Minister

Founded: May 18, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Antityranicals » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:06 pm

The South Falls wrote:
Antityranicals wrote:Only to the extent that Republicans are against the free market. I'd say Democrats and their regulations help big business more than the Republicans, though.

I don't think he Republicans are against the free market by any means. Their deregulation measures are designed to spur the free market, at the expense of the environment and often less wealthy Americans.

The free market cannot hurt less wealthy Americans, that's not possible. How would that even work? Rather, the free market gives those Americans more choices, meaning lower prices and/or higher quality.

The business subsidies which Republicans often favor, however, do hurt less wealthy Americans, by allowing companies to be unproductive, not serving Americans as they should, while still getting bailed out by the governments.
Last edited by Antityranicals on Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Compass: Right: 9.94, Libertarian: -5.84
Catholic Libertarian. Gov't has no authority, all authority is from God. God grants us free will, gov't should not infringe upon it. Legislating morality is wrong. Only exception is protecting rights to life, liberty, and property. Abortion is killing an infant, one of the few things gov't should prevent. Pro-Trump, he's been an effective weapon against real enemies of freedom: The Left, but I wish he were more for free trade, more against deficits. Unrestrained capitalism is a great thing; it does wonders for standards of living of everyone, especially the poor.
HS student in the USA. Male. XC runner, 17:30 5k, 4:59 mile. I enjoy singing, sushi, eating large quantities of food, and eating large quantities of sushi.

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:08 pm

Munkcestrian Republic wrote:very good topic to discuss, NSG!

With you I can never tell if you're being sarcastic or serious.

The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ

Black Moon Archmagocracy
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 11, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Black Moon Archmagocracy » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:08 pm

Adamantium Archmagocracy wrote:Pretty sure both of them are. And if you take money from the insurance lobby and oppose Medicare for all, well, then you’re a corporate stooge. What “conspiracy”?

And Pete Buttigieg. Maybe one day you’ll even catch on to the whole capitalist ruling class thing, but I won’t hold my breath.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:08 pm

The South Falls wrote:
Antityranicals wrote:Only to the extent that Republicans are against the free market. I'd say Democrats and their regulations help big business more than the Republicans, though.

It's a paradox. There comes a point when the free market kills itself and that event horizon is called "monopolies." When a corporation buys out an entire sector of the economy, the free market essentially disappears, because now you have no choices. If BigPharmaCorp buys every drug company in america, they can now set prices as high as they want and get lazy with their product standards, because people won't have anywhere else to go if they're tired of BigPharmaCorp. Imagine if wow bought out every other service provider in america. They could provide grade F quality internet for all of us because they know they're the best we'll get. No one will out do them. Republicans support complete deregulation but fail to realize that monopolies and other horrible shady practices will end up bringing down the free market if no base line regulations exist

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:08 pm

Gormwood wrote:Cracking down on thoughtcrime... how communist of you.

What thoughtcrime? If you're going to grasp at straws make sure the straws exist first.

Antityranicals wrote:Then arrest the traitors, don't ban the party.

Banning the party would be more like serving a warning than actual justice; essentially saying "don't tolerate this shit in your party or you'll be shut down".

Of course the actual traitors go to court.

Farnhamia wrote:Please point out the acts of treason. I would love to learn.

You mean the ones already pointed out in the OP?

Yes. The people who helped the Soviets get the Bomb were punished. What other nefarious crimes has the CPUSA perpetrated against our great nation? You know, like ... lately?
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Munkcestrian Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian Republic » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:08 pm

Antityranicals wrote:
The South Falls wrote:I don't think he Republicans are against the free market by any means. Their deregulation measures are designed to spur the free market, at the expense of the environment and often less wealthy Americans.

The free market cannot hurt less wealthy Americans, that's not possible. How would that even work? Rather, the free market gives those Americans more choices, meaning lower prices and/or higher quality.

"Unrestrained capitalism is a great thing; it does wonders for standards of living of everyone, especially the poor."

Why do you even try to push this line
DON'T CLICK

for RPers
my views explained

Telconi
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:09 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Telconi wrote:
Only if we distort the definition of fascism to mean any government that delivers justice on wrongdoers.

Good thing I'm not talking about thought crime.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:09 pm

The South Falls wrote:

Being pro-monopolies automatically makes you anti-free market. Just sayin'.

The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ

Black Moon Archmagocracy
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Black Moon Archmagocracy » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:09 pm

Antityranicals wrote:The free market cannot hurt less wealthy Americans, that's not possible. How would that even work? Rather, the free market gives those Americans more choices, meaning lower prices and/or higher quality.

US healthcare is more expensive than that of states with universal healthcare.
Last edited by Black Moon Archmagocracy on Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:10 pm

Telconi wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

Jailing people for being communists is exactly that though

Telconi
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:11 pm

The South Falls wrote:

They still support a great number of regulations and limitations on industry.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

Telconi
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:11 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Telconi wrote:

Something I've never advocated is thought crime. Okay, and your point?
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

Black Moon Archmagocracy
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Black Moon Archmagocracy » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:12 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:

I meant the CPUSA "fronting" the Dems.

I'm well aware both the Dems and GOP (especially the GOP) are in bed with every megacorp from here to Alaska.

The CPUSA supports democrats. I am not aware of any other Communist party that does this. And no, DSA doesn’t count, DSA basically supports “New Deal” politics.
Last edited by Black Moon Archmagocracy on Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:13 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
What thoughtcrime? If you're going to grasp at straws make sure the straws exist first.

Banning the party would be more like serving a warning than actual justice; essentially saying "don't tolerate this shit in your party or you'll be shut down".

Yes. The people who helped the Soviets get the Bomb were punished. What other nefarious crimes has the CPUSA perpetrated against our great nation? You know, like ... lately?

I have the feeling the OP is just performance art.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:13 pm

Black Moon Archmagocracy wrote:

And Pete Buttigieg. Maybe one day you’ll even catch on to the whole capitalist ruling class thing, but I won’t hold my breath.

Maybe one day you'll realize America hasn't been Capitalist for quite a while now.

Farnhamia wrote:

Lately? None. But that's irrelevant.

Telconi wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

Literally no one was talking about thought crime at all.

Gormwood just threw it at me without basis in what is ironically a totally McCarthyist move.

Rojava Free State wrote:
Telconi wrote:

Good thing nobody is advocating that except WRA who has only posted once.

The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General