NATION

PASSWORD

Should the CPUSA Be Outlawed and Forcefully Disbanded?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Should the CPUSA Be Outlawed and Forcefully Disbanded?

The CPUSA should be outlawed & disbanded simply for being Communist.
6%
The CPUSA should be outlawed & disbanded for collaborating with an enemy of the United States.
5%
The CPUSA should be outlawed & disbanded and all it's current and former members arrested for treason and espionage on behalf of a foreign power.
2%
The CPUSA should be outlawed but not disbanded and instead the FBI should monitor it's members just in case.
0%
The CPUSA should be outlawed but not disbanded.
1%
The CPUSA should not be outlawed or disbanded as it cannot be held accountable for events that occurred 30+ years ago.
7%
The CPUSA should not be outlawed or disbanded as that would be unconstitutional.
44%
The CPUSA should not be outlawed or disbanded but any current or former member suspected of spying for a foreign power should be investigated.
17%
The CPUSA should not be outlawed or disbanded because they won't win anything important anyway.
5%
David Hasselhoff should fight all 5,000 members of the CPUSA to the death with his bare hands in Madison Square Garden on live international television.
14%

Total votes : 289

Telconi
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:46 pm

Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:
The South Falls wrote:"I stand for free speech and the power of free assembly, but not for these guys."
If they're offering aid to foreign governments, then we have a right to shut them down.

I- what? Where did you get this from?

Telconi wrote:
Daily reminder, the constitution is subject to change.

Yes, but until it is changed it's illegal. Meaning no-no. I respect the constitution no matter what it's contents, so long as those contents aren't completely un-American in nature.

Is permitting the communist party un-American in nature? *thinking*
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:47 pm

Gormwood wrote:
You think I can actually get a girlfriend? Thanks, friend. That means a lot. ;)

Honestly considering the GOP is more of a corporate lobbyist group than an actual political party at this point I wouldn't oppose it's disbandment, either.

I really wouldn't call it "nostalgia". I'm all for opposing the spread of Communism, but propping psychotic dictatorships to fight psychotic dictatorships is just dumb. Vietnam was poorly handled, too. McCarthyism is just stupid, the CIA was out of control, and Reagan ended up creating an enemy 10x as bad as the USSR. Generally when one is nostalgic they look back on stuff with fondness and I can assure you I don't like at any point in the Cold War with fondness. Mostly because of the terrible fashion trends, though.

Continental drift has spread way more than communism in the modern age. You're trying to hype up street cred for a sad fantasy roleplay club that never had glory days. You're not seriously going to believe the U.S. government ignores the CPUSA because they're secret masterminds are you?

I'm well aware that the CPUSA is little more than a glorified middle school treehouse club complete with squirt guns and a "no girlz allowed!" sign. I don't care; it's the principle of the thing. Treason should not be tolerated.
☆ American Patriot ☆ Civic Nationalist ☆ Rocker & Metalhead ☆ Heretical Christian ☆
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Reminder that Donald J. Trump is officially a traitor to the United States of America as of January 6th, 2021
The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ
Wanted Fugitive of the Chinese Communist Party
Unapologetic stan for Lana Beniko - #1 Sith Waifu

Antityranicals
Minister

Founded: May 18, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Antityranicals » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:47 pm

Eh, doing this would cause more harm than it would solve. Imagine what the media would say if Republicans did that... AOC and crowd would stir up riots.
Compass: Right: 9.94, Libertarian: -5.84
Catholic Libertarian. Gov't has no authority, all authority is from God. God grants us free will, gov't should not infringe upon it. Legislating morality is wrong. Only exception is protecting rights to life, liberty, and property. Abortion is killing an infant, one of the few things gov't should prevent. Pro-Trump, he's been an effective weapon against real enemies of freedom: The Left, but I wish he were more for free trade, more against deficits. Unrestrained capitalism is a great thing; it does wonders for standards of living of everyone, especially the poor.
HS student in the USA. Male. XC runner, 17:30 5k, 4:59 mile. I enjoy singing, sushi, eating large quantities of food, and eating large quantities of sushi.

Kubra
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 15, 2006
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kubra » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:47 pm

Gormwood wrote:
You think I can actually get a girlfriend? Thanks, friend. That means a lot. ;)

Honestly considering the GOP is more of a corporate lobbyist group than an actual political party at this point I wouldn't oppose it's disbandment, either.

I really wouldn't call it "nostalgia". I'm all for opposing the spread of Communism, but propping psychotic dictatorships to fight psychotic dictatorships is just dumb. Vietnam was poorly handled, too. McCarthyism is just stupid, the CIA was out of control, and Reagan ended up creating an enemy 10x as bad as the USSR. Generally when one is nostalgic they look back on stuff with fondness and I can assure you I don't like at any point in the Cold War with fondness. Mostly because of the terrible fashion trends, though.

Continental drift has spread way more than communism in the modern age. You're trying to hype up street cred for a sad fantasy roleplay club that never had glory days. You're not seriously going to believe the U.S. government ignores the CPUSA because they're secret masterminds are you?

Oh wait. Trollzyn the Infinite.

Nice play.
I mean if one wants to head off communist orgs the CPUSA is pretty much rock bottom of the list. Even the avakianites got more in em.
Last edited by Kubra on Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Atomic war is inevitable. It will destroy half of humanity: it is going to destroy immense human riches. It is very possible. The atomic war is going to provoke a true inferno on Earth. But it will not impede Communism.”
Comrade J. Posadas

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:49 pm

Gormwood wrote:Continental drift has spread way more than communism in the modern age. You're trying to hype up street cred for a sad fantasy roleplay club that never had glory days. You're not seriously going to believe the U.S. government ignores the CPUSA because they're secret masterminds are you?

I'm well aware that the CPUSA is little more than a glorified middle school treehouse club complete with squirt guns and a "no girlz allowed!" sign. I don't care; it's the principle of the thing. Treason should not be tolerated.

Cracking down on thoughtcrime... how communist of you.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Antityranicals
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Antityranicals » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:50 pm

Gormwood wrote:Continental drift has spread way more than communism in the modern age. You're trying to hype up street cred for a sad fantasy roleplay club that never had glory days. You're not seriously going to believe the U.S. government ignores the CPUSA because they're secret masterminds are you?

Then arrest the traitors, don't ban the party.
Catholic Libertarian. Gov't has no authority, all authority is from God. God grants us free will, gov't should not infringe upon it. Legislating morality is wrong. Only exception is protecting rights to life, liberty, and property. Abortion is killing an infant, one of the few things gov't should prevent. Pro-Trump, he's been an effective weapon against real enemies of freedom: The Left, but I wish he were more for free trade, more against deficits. Unrestrained capitalism is a great thing; it does wonders for standards of living of everyone, especially the poor.
HS student in the USA. Male. XC runner, 17:30 5k, 4:59 mile. I enjoy singing, sushi, eating large quantities of food, and eating large quantities of sushi.

Telconi
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:50 pm

Antityranicals wrote:Eh, doing this would cause more harm than it would solve. Imagine what the media would say if Republicans did that... AOC and crowd would stir up riots.

And then you get to put them in jail for inciting riots. How is this a problem?
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:50 pm

Please point out the acts of treason. I would love to learn.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:50 pm

Telconi wrote:

Yes, but until it is changed it's illegal. Meaning no-no. I respect the constitution no matter what it's contents, so long as those contents aren't completely un-American in nature.

Is permitting the communist party un-American in nature? *thinking*

Technically, no. Permitting Communists to be Communist is very much American as it falls under the "liberty" part in the "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" section, which is covered by the Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Association. Of course that doesn't apply when dealing with traitors since they seek to undermine those three things by sabotaging our great nation.
☆ American Patriot ☆ Civic Nationalist ☆ Rocker & Metalhead ☆ Heretical Christian ☆
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Reminder that Donald J. Trump is officially a traitor to the United States of America as of January 6th, 2021
The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ

Adamantium Archmagocracy
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 28, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Adamantium Archmagocracy » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:51 pm

Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:I'm well aware that the CPUSA is little more than a glorified middle school treehouse club complete with squirt guns and a "no girlz allowed!" sign. I don't care; it's the principle of the thing. Treason should not be tolerated.

Ban them for fronting democrats if you’ve had enough corporate government. (Oops, puppet posted)
Last edited by Adamantium Archmagocracy on Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kernen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kernen » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:51 pm

Telconi wrote:
Antityranicals wrote:Eh, doing this would cause more harm than it would solve. Imagine what the media would say if Republicans did that... AOC and crowd would stir up riots.

Because riots are expensive and dangerous.
From the throne of Khan Juk i'Behemoti, Juk Who-Is-The-Strength-of-the-Behemoth, Supreme Khan of the Ogres of Kernen. May the Khan ever drink the blood of his enemies!

Lawful Evil

Get abortions, do drugs, own guns, but never misstate legal procedure.

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:53 pm

Gormwood wrote:

Cracking down on thoughtcrime... how communist of you.

What thoughtcrime? If you're going to grasp at straws make sure the straws exist first.

Antityranicals wrote:

Then arrest the traitors, don't ban the party.

Banning the party would be more like serving a warning than actual justice; essentially saying "don't tolerate this shit in your party or you'll be shut down".

Of course the actual traitors go to court.

Farnhamia wrote:

Please point out the acts of treason. I would love to learn.

You mean the ones already pointed out in the OP?

The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ

Antityranicals
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Antityranicals » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:54 pm

Telconi wrote:

I do sorta like the concept of putting AOC in jail, but in practice, it's somewhat wrong, and it would give the media an excuse to call Trump a fascist (Not that they haven't already done so a thousand times a day, but then they'd actually have some substance behind it...)

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:55 pm

Adamantium Archmagocracy wrote:
Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:I'm well aware that the CPUSA is little more than a glorified middle school treehouse club complete with squirt guns and a "no girlz allowed!" sign. I don't care; it's the principle of the thing. Treason should not be tolerated.

Ban them for fronting democrats if you’ve had enough corporate government.

Will you stop bellowing this ridiculous conspiracy theory?

Never mind that the Republicans are far bigger corporate shills than the Democrats could ever hope to be.

The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ

Telconi
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:56 pm

Antityranicals wrote:
Telconi wrote:

I do sorta like the concept of putting AOC in jail, but in practice, it's somewhat wrong, and it would give the media an excuse to call Trump a fascist (Not that they haven't already done so a thousand times a day, but then they'd actually have some substance behind it...)

Only if we distort the definition of fascism to mean any government that delivers justice on wrongdoers.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:56 pm

Gormwood wrote:Cracking down on thoughtcrime... how communist of you.

What thoughtcrime? If you're going to grasp at straws make sure the straws exist first.

This from the guy who made haybales of The Communist Threat.

Unless you're living up to your account name and fantasizing that you're Andy Kaufman with the whole thread.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Adamantium Archmagocracy
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Adamantium Archmagocracy » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:57 pm

I want to crack down on free speech, not free thought. Well, not counting the re-education camps.

Antityranicals
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Antityranicals » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:57 pm

Telconi wrote:
Antityranicals wrote:I do sorta like the concept of putting AOC in jail, but in practice, it's somewhat wrong, and it would give the media an excuse to call Trump a fascist (Not that they haven't already done so a thousand times a day, but then they'd actually have some substance behind it...)

Only if we distort the definition of fascism to mean any government that delivers justice on wrongdoers.

Which is totally not beyond the mainstream media...

Kubra
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 15, 2006
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kubra » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:57 pm

Antityranicals wrote:Then arrest the traitors, don't ban the party.

Banning the party would be more like serving a warning than actual justice; essentially saying "don't tolerate this shit in your party or you'll be shut down".

Of course the actual traitors go to court.

Farnhamia wrote:Please point out the acts of treason. I would love to learn.

You mean the ones already pointed out in the OP?
Which traitors? Les noms, citoyen Robespierre, donne le noms!
“Atomic war is inevitable. It will destroy half of humanity: it is going to destroy immense human riches. It is very possible. The atomic war is going to provoke a true inferno on Earth. But it will not impede Communism.”
Comrade J. Posadas

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:58 pm

The South Falls wrote:"I stand for free speech and the power of free assembly, but not for these guys."
If they're offering aid to foreign governments, then we have a right to shut them down.

Telconi wrote:
Daily reminder, the constitution is subject to change.

This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:59 pm

Telconi wrote:

You know Britain once tried to stomp out an ideology in ireland back in 1919. 100 years later, southern Ireland is gone and northern Ireland remains in a cold war between Loyalist and separatist groups. It isn't as easy as "just put them in jail" friendo. This is why we have a free market place of ideas, because otherwise you get what northern Ireland had for three decades, the troubles.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:59 pm

Gormwood wrote:

This from the guy who made haybales of The Communist Threat.

Unless you're living up to your account name and fantasizing that you're Andy Kaufman with the whole thread.

I never said America was under impending threat from Communism. Communism hasn't been a threat to America since the Soviets shot themselves in the foot trying to prevent Soviet Democracy from becoming a thing.

Don't put words in my mouth, Gorm.

The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ

Adamantium Archmagocracy
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Adamantium Archmagocracy » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:59 pm

Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:Never mind that the Republicans are far bigger corporate shills than the Democrats could ever hope to be.

Pretty sure both of them are. And if you take money from the insurance lobby and oppose Medicare for all, well, then you’re a corporate stooge. What “conspiracy”?

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:00 pm

Telconi wrote:
Antityranicals wrote:I do sorta like the concept of putting AOC in jail, but in practice, it's somewhat wrong, and it would give the media an excuse to call Trump a fascist (Not that they haven't already done so a thousand times a day, but then they'd actually have some substance behind it...)

Thought crime isn't wrong doing
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Antityranicals
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Antityranicals » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:01 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Telconi wrote:

Thought crime isn't wrong doing

He's talking about for inciting riots, not for being communist.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General