NATION

PASSWORD

Coffee discussion

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:34 pm

An Infinity Gauntlet wrote:I've lost faith in the general populace when it comes to coffee consumption. I work in the coffee industry (as a barista) and the amount of sugar I've seen myself put into beverages should probably be classified as poison. I swear I've given hundreds of people a drink that could probably give both type 1 and 2 diabetes just from the taste alone. No one wants that bitter taste anymore, I essentially make desert drinks with a coffee hue.

a tragedy has befallen across mankind.

Ohhh you work at Starbucks. Yea they do like giving out the sugar bombs. When I use them. I usually reduce the sugar by 2/3s.

They basically do it to cover their mediocre coffee. Tried their drips at home and found there really wasn't that much of a distinguishing taste between the different varieties of coffee.....
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:35 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
An Infinity Gauntlet wrote:I've lost faith in the general populace when it comes to coffee consumption. I work in the coffee industry (as a barista) and the amount of sugar I've seen myself put into beverages should probably be classified as poison. I swear I've given hundreds of people a drink that could probably give both type 1 and 2 diabetes just from the taste alone. No one wants that bitter taste anymore, I essentially make desert drinks with a coffee hue.

a tragedy has befallen across mankind.

Ohhh you work at Starbucks. Yea they do like giving out the sugar bombs. When I use them. I usually reduce the sugar by 2/3s.

They basically do it to cover their mediocre coffee. Tried their drips at home and found there really wasn't that much of a distinguishing taste between the different varieties of coffee.....

Especially in the US. I don’t know what it is with Starbucks coffee over here. It’s appalling, imo and you do have to douse it in sweeteners to make it palatable.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:35 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Rainbowsix wrote:i heard brown makes it taste more like cinnamon

Can’t say it tastes like that to me.

The Black Forrest wrote:
Brown sugar? Isn’t that a little too sweet? What’s it taste like?

I don’t think it is, but I’ve been using brown sugar as a sweetener for certain drinks since a child so maybe I’m just used to it. It’s less processed than white though.

I find it mild, rich and it blends seamlessly with the coffee. No bad aftertaste.

I will have to give it a try. I normally don't add sugar to my drinks.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Kernen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kernen » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:30 am

The Black Forrest wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

I don’t think it is, but I’ve been using brown sugar as a sweetener for certain drinks since a child so maybe I’m just used to it. It’s less processed than white though.

I find it mild, rich and it blends seamlessly with the coffee. No bad aftertaste.

Do you grind your own beans? That helps bring out the subtle flavors when its super fresh.
From the throne of Khan Juk i'Behemoti, Juk Who-Is-The-Strength-of-the-Behemoth, Supreme Khan of the Ogres of Kernen. May the Khan ever drink the blood of his enemies!

Lawful Evil

Get abortions, do drugs, own guns, but never misstate legal procedure.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:38 am

Kernen wrote:Do you grind your own beans? That helps bring out the subtle flavors when its super fresh.

I always grind the beans. I'm really good at bean grinding.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Silver Commonwealth
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 16, 2018
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Silver Commonwealth » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:42 am

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

Especially in the US. I don’t know what it is with Starbucks coffee over here. It’s appalling, imo and you do have to douse it in sweeteners to make it palatable.

This is why I almost always make coffee at home.
✥ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴡꜱ ✥
- ꜱɴɴ
- ᴀʀᴄʜɪᴠᴇ
✉ ʀᴀɴᴅᴏᴍ ✉
- ᴀᴅᴍɪɴɪꜱᴛʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ
- ꜱᴛᴏʀɪᴇꜱ
⚒ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴀᴛɪᴏɴᴀʟ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ʀᴇᴘᴜʙʟɪᴄ ᴏꜰ ꜱɪʟᴠᴇʀ ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴏɴᴡᴇᴀʟᴛʜ ⚒
|☐ʜᴏᴍᴇ☐|❖ꜱᴄ ɪɴ ʜᴏɪ4❖|★ꜱᴄ'ꜱ ʀᴀᴅɪᴏ&ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴꜱ★|❇ᴄᴏɴꜱᴛɪᴛᴜᴛɪᴏɴ❇|✧ᴍɪʟɪᴛᴀʀʏ✧|✝ᴍᴀᴘꜱ&ɪɴꜰᴏ✝|☢ʜɪꜱᴛᴏʀʏ☢|
⚖ ᴀꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴅᴇʀᴀᴛᴇꜱ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ꜰᴇʟʟ,
ʀᴀᴅɪᴄᴀʟɪᴢᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏꜰ ꜱᴄ'ꜱ ᴅᴇᴍᴏᴄʀᴀᴄʏ ꜱᴜᴘᴘᴏʀᴛᴇʀꜱ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴍᴇ ᴀ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ꜱᴜʀᴠɪᴠᴀʟ ☠
_[][][][][][][L'''][Σ][][~][][][]_
̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿

This nation doesn't represent my views

IRL views: not much different from 4 years ago (socdem)

Tom being a control freak + pathological distrust of private enterprises = this nation

''I thought that I was a conservative. Turns out, I was just sentimental at times''

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:22 am

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

And I like the more bitter taste,
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:19 am

Kernen wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

Do you grind your own beans? That helps bring out the subtle flavors when its super fresh.

I do. With other merchants you definitely can tell the difference. Starbucks almost seem to be using the same bean and calling it something else. Not sure how they do it.....

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:24 am

The Black Forrest wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Hope you like it. To me it seems to go well.
Slava Ukraini
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs

Rainbowsix
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rainbowsix » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:33 am

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

i like a lot of sugar in my coffee
This nation doesn't represent my views... this nation represents what I imagine the game Rainbow Six Siege would be like if made into a country
Freedom is never free, so remember those who died for it
My political view down here (updated 2/25/20)
https://www.isidewith.com/profile/4179624586/parties

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:34 am

Rainbowsix wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

i like a lot of sugar in my coffee

That’s not exactly healthy. Be careful.
Slava Ukraini

Rainbowsix
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rainbowsix » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:36 am

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Rainbowsix wrote:i like a lot of sugar in my coffee

ehhh im young what can hurt :P plus i need sweet coffee
This nation doesn't represent my views... this nation represents what I imagine the game Rainbow Six Siege would be like if made into a country

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:40 am

Rainbowsix wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

ehhh im young what can hurt :P plus i need sweet coffee

You can develop certain diseases like diabetes, even if you’re young. Just saying. :)

The times I’ve used creamer (and I seldom do), I like to add a dash of cinnamon to it. It gives it a nice taste too.
Slava Ukraini

Rainbowsix
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rainbowsix » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:41 am

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Rainbowsix wrote:ehhh im young what can hurt :P plus i need sweet coffee

You can develop certain diseases like diabetes, even if you’re young. Just saying. :)

The times I’ve used creamer (and I seldom do), I like to add a dash of cinnamon to it. It gives it a nice taste too.

at gas stations i use like 10 creamers and 6 sugars :P

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:43 am

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Rainbowsix wrote:i like a lot of sugar in my coffee

Could be worse. My mother-in-law likes 3 splenda’s in her coffee. Where’s that barf emoji....

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:45 am

Rainbowsix wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

at gas stations i use like 10 creamers and 6 sugars :P

Oh that’s pretty bad. I speak from authority as I once worked at a trucking company. Ever had trucker coffee?

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:46 am

The Black Forrest wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Could be worse. My mother-in-law likes 3 splenda’s in her coffee. Where’s that barf emoji....

Half a splenda is enough.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:47 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

Half a splenda is enough.

For me; a pinch was too much.

Rainbowsix
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rainbowsix » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:48 am

The Black Forrest wrote:
Rainbowsix wrote:at gas stations i use like 10 creamers and 6 sugars :P

Oh that’s pretty bad. I speak from authority as I once worked at a trucking company. Ever had trucker coffee?

i assume tastes like **** :P

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:57 am

Rainbowsix wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

i assume tastes like **** :P

Trucker coffee is where you take a pot that had been left on and the coffee burned. They usually leave a tar mess at the bottom.

You take that pot and make a new batch. Once it’s finished you stir what’s left of the tar and mix it into the coffee.

RedBull is for wimps. :D
Last edited by The Black Forrest on Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rainbowsix
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rainbowsix » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:59 am

The Black Forrest wrote:
Rainbowsix wrote:i assume tastes like **** :P

Trucker coffee is where you take a pot that had been left on and the coffee burned. They usually leave a tar mess at the bottom.

You take that pot and make a new batch. Once it’s finished you stir what’s left of the tar and mix it into the coffee.

so am i right of it tasting like ****?

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:59 am

Rainbowsix wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

so am i right of it tasting like ****?

Oh yea. It’s about getting the heart racing versus taste.

An Infinity Gauntlet
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby An Infinity Gauntlet » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:00 am

The Black Forrest wrote:
Rainbowsix wrote:i assume tastes like **** :P

And I thought I was poisoning people, this right here is a confession of serious crime :lol2:
Perfectly balancing political ideologies, as all ideologies should be
Pros:Thanos, Extermination of half the galaxy, and a liberal democracy
Cons:The Avengers, Thor's entire bloodline, Radicalism/Reactionarism. Lots of isms
don't make me snap you out of existence

Rainbowsix
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rainbowsix » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:01 am

The Black Forrest wrote:
Rainbowsix wrote:so am i right of it tasting like ****?

y do u need heart racing for trucking?

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:04 am

Rainbowsix wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

y do u need heart racing for trucking?

Long haul guys tended to drink that abomination.

I tried it once and man I was twitchy for awhile.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General