NATION

PASSWORD

Coffee discussion

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Israeli Free Nations
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Israeli Free Nations » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:04 am

Rainbowsix wrote:
Israeli Free Nations wrote:I love Iced Caramel Coffee or, during the winter, hot minty coffee. I usually put 3 spoonfuls of sugar and a tiny bit of creamer in my coffee.

omg i love iced caramel coffee.. i had the coffee i just spoke of with whipped cream, chocolate and caramel drizzle

Ooooooh that sounds good, I'll try and make that tonight after work.

Kernen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kernen » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:06 am

What's the point of drinking coffee if you cover its flavor with things that aren't coffee.
From the throne of Khan Juk i'Behemoti, Juk Who-Is-The-Strength-of-the-Behemoth, Supreme Khan of the Ogres of Kernen. May the Khan ever drink the blood of his enemies!

Lawful Evil

Get abortions, do drugs, own guns, but never misstate legal procedure.

Partybus
Minister

Founded: Oct 20, 2007
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Partybus » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:06 am

I've been getting a large coffee with a double shot of espresso (Starbuckily know as a "red-eye") for so long they named it a "Pete" my 15 minutes of fame is on the drink board at a local cafe...so, so proud :D

Crysuko
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 26, 2013

Postby Crysuko » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:07 am

Kernen wrote:What's the point of drinking coffee if you cover its flavor with things that aren't coffee.

because I want to taste the coffee and not the tannins?
Quotes:
Xilonite wrote: cookies are heresy.

Kelinfort wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:A terrorist attack on a disabled center doesn't make a lot of sense, unless to show no one is safe.

This will take some time to figure out, i am afraid.

"No one is safe, not even your most vulnerable and insecure!"

Cesopium wrote:Welp let's hope armies of 10 million don't just roam around and Soviet their way through everything.

Yugoslav Memes wrote:
Victoriala II wrote:Ur mom has value

one week ban for flaming xd

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Much better than the kulak smoothies. Their texture was suspiciously grainy.

Official thread euthanologist
I USE Qs INSTEAD OF Qs

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 02, 2018
Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:08 am

I like dark roast coffee. My current favorite coffee shop is La Colombe, an artisanal coffee chain based out of Philadelphia that offers premium coffee and other products such as oat milk. One recently opened near my apartment and I love it!
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Israeli Free Nations
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Israeli Free Nations » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:08 am

Christmas idea....
Light the fire, snuggle up with your girl (or guy), put on netflix or somethin'...
Coffee (mint if possible), creamer (not too much, just until the coffee is a light brown), 3 (or 4) spoonfuls of sugar, put in a peppermint cane.
My ma taught me this. I had it not too long ago with my girlfriend. It's quite relaxing, and you can do it with tea too.

Crysuko
Negotiator

Postby Crysuko » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:09 am

Israeli Free Nations wrote:Christmas idea....
Light the fire, snuggle up with your girl (or guy), put on netflix or somethin'...
Coffee (mint if possible), creamer (not too much, just until the coffee is a light brown), 3 (or 4) spoonfuls of sugar, put in a peppermint cane.
My ma taught me this. I had it not too long ago with my girlfriend. It's quite relaxing, and you can do it with tea too.

I make mine extremely light in colour, but that sounds comfy af otherwise.
Quotes:

Kelinfort wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:A terrorist attack on a disabled center doesn't make a lot of sense, unless to show no one is safe.

Cesopium wrote:Welp let's hope armies of 10 million don't just roam around and Soviet their way through everything.

Yugoslav Memes wrote:

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Much better than the kulak smoothies. Their texture was suspiciously grainy.

I USE Qs INSTEAD OF Qs

Lillorainen
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lillorainen » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:12 am

In the morning: hot, black, strong. Getting me awake has never been easy in my life, and especially if I need to get up very early, not having my medicine is likely to ruin my mood for the rest of the day.
In the afternoon: that may vary a lot, for there are quite a few delicious variants ...
Last edited by Lillorainen on Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Since Lillorainen's geography is currently being overhauled a 'tiny' bit, most information on it posted before December 12, 2018, is not entirely reliable anymore. Until there's a new, proper factfile, everything you might need to know can be found here. Thank you. #RetconOfDoom (Very late update, 2020/08/30 - it's still going on ...)

Kernen
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kernen » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:12 am

Crysuko wrote:
Kernen wrote:What's the point of drinking coffee if you cover its flavor with things that aren't coffee.

because I want to taste the coffee and not the tannins?

Tannins are what make coffee, tea, wine, and a ton of beers any flavor at all. It's an essential component of the flavor profile.
From the throne of Khan Juk i'Behemoti, Juk Who-Is-The-Strength-of-the-Behemoth, Supreme Khan of the Ogres of Kernen. May the Khan ever drink the blood of his enemies!

Lawful Evil

Mbaracaya
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Mbaracaya » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:13 am

Rainbowsix wrote:I am making this forum because I have never seen a coffee discussion forum... I know a lot of people who like coffee (including me) and im just shocked there's not a forum on NationStates... so NationStates coffee enthusiasts what is your favorite coffee to drink? Mine is a chocolate chip cookie dough iced latte that I get from my local coffee shop!

1- latte in the morning
2- cortado mid morning
3- espresso after lunch
4- mocha macchiato late afternoon and if in Europe, I may duplicate amounts.

Crysuko
Negotiator

Postby Crysuko » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:15 am

Kernen wrote:
Crysuko wrote:because I want to taste the coffee and not the tannins?

Tannins are what make coffee, tea, wine, and a ton of beers any flavor at all. It's an essential component of the flavor profile.

I want the flavour profile more "smooth, roasted coffee" and less "bitter smack in the mouth"
Quotes:

Kelinfort wrote:

Yugoslav Memes wrote:

I USE Qs INSTEAD OF Qs

Asle Leopolka
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Asle Leopolka » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:18 am

Crysuko wrote:
Kernen wrote:Tannins are what make coffee, tea, wine, and a ton of beers any flavor at all. It's an essential component of the flavor profile.

I want the flavour profile more "smooth, roasted coffee" and less "bitter smack in the mouth"

Darker roasts are typically less bitter. Avoid flavor notes like "bright," "fruity," and "citrus."
W̵̲͔͇͒̌̉̆̇͛̋ͅa̸̢̼̺̅̉̊͝l̶̟͈̳̗͒͜l̷̫͝ ̶̱̱̘͖̙̬͖̈́̏̕͘ō̴̼̭̥͔̮̟͒̒͒ͅn̴̖̦͎̯͕̈́̿͘͠ ̸̞̼͉͙́͐̏͝ẗ̴̮͕̰̫̖͉̩̍͆̂͛͝h̵̖̋̉̾̎͆e̸̞̩̳̲͙͎͑ ̴̩̈̽̈́͑S̵̯̮̟͈͎̭͠t̸͍̗̹̬͉̙̓͆̔̿r̸̡̤̺̱̹͈̦͑̈́̅ẹ̶̮͔̳̆͆̄̏̔e̴̢̺͚̠̟͕̋̄̂̓̽͘t̴̢̡̩͙̫̼̚,̸̩̖͌̈́͐̇ ̷̨͐͆P̵̳̦͗r̶̹̪̯͕̬̰̍̓͆o̷̠̱͙̠͔̗̫̽f̶̱͙͇̼̬̮̻̊͌̋į̸̯̩̖͇̍͋̓̾́̏̽ͅt̴͇̬͍̗̺̀̈́̈́͗͊ ̴̧̯̼̩͑̓̒͗i̷̪̲̜̮̼̲̎͑͊̂̕n̶͍̂ ̴͓̻̤̬͎̫̹̎͌̈́́̕͝t̸̺͚͍̕h̷͖͎̙͍̬̫̰̍̀̃̿̓e̷̛̩̔̑̌̾͊ ̵̤̖͎͔͖̂͘͝S̴̳͖̩̪͕̒͒̌͌͝h̷̝͇̱̝̻̓̓͂͑̒ȅ̶̛̞̱̮̏͐͜ḕ̷͙͉̄͜ť̸̫̩̟s̴̲̲̏̑̏̇͆͂͘͜

ᛖᚷᛟ ᛋᚢᛗ ᛒᛖᛋᛏᛁᚨ ᛖᚷᛟ ᚲᚢᛚᛏᚢᛋ
Personality: Chaotic Good | ENTJ | Math dominant | Pro business
Politically: Classical liberal | Pro 2A | Pro Choice | Behavioral economist

Kernen
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kernen » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:19 am

Crysuko wrote:
Kernen wrote:Tannins are what make coffee, tea, wine, and a ton of beers any flavor at all. It's an essential component of the flavor profile.

Don't use boiling water. Tannin extraction occurs at or above boiling.

Lawful Evil

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:22 am

Cafe bustelo by choice, a drop of milk and 1 splenda.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:23 am

I think the best coffee I ever had was a peppermint mocha that I got last year (or maybe it was at the start of this year?). I don't normally drink coffee anymore, though, because it costs too much. If I do have coffee, I'll just buy a simple medium roast with milk and cinnamon or maybe a mocha/latte on special occasions.
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

Israeli Free Nations
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Israeli Free Nations » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:25 am

Crysuko wrote:
Israeli Free Nations wrote:Christmas idea....

I make mine extremely light in colour, but that sounds comfy af otherwise.

My coffee was really light for a while so I could get used to the bitterness, but then I started to like the bitter taste like chocolate.
I can't stand black coffee tho

Kernen
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kernen » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:26 am

Ethel mermania wrote:Cafe bustelo by choice, a drop of milk and 1 splenda.

Oddly enough, I've found that the best paralegals drink Cafe Bustelo.

Lawful Evil

Israeli Free Nations
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Israeli Free Nations » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:27 am

Funny story...
Years back I was playing truth or dare with my step-dad and he dared me to eat a spoonful of coffee. Straight coffee grounds.
Needless to say...it was a PTSD causing experience.
0/10, I still taste it in my sleep.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:27 am

"Chocolate chip cookie dough iced latte" ... :blink: That's not coffee. Real coffee recombs your hair and makes it impossible to even blink, let alone close your eyes for at least eight hours. "Chocolate chip cookie dough iced latte" ... hee hee ...
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Grinning Dragon
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 16, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Grinning Dragon » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:30 am

Farnhamia wrote:"Chocolate chip cookie dough iced latte" ... :blink: That's not coffee. Real coffee recombs your hair and makes it impossible to even blink, let alone close your eyes for at least eight hours. "Chocolate chip cookie dough iced latte" ... hee hee ...

I've used the phrase "it ain't good coffee unless you can feel your hair grow" :p

Asle Leopolka
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Asle Leopolka » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:30 am

Farnhamia wrote:"Chocolate chip cookie dough iced latte" ... :blink: That's not coffee. Real coffee recombs your hair and makes it impossible to even blink, let alone close your eyes for at least eight hours. "Chocolate chip cookie dough iced latte" ... hee hee ...

W̵̲͔͇͒̌̉̆̇͛̋ͅa̸̢̼̺̅̉̊͝l̶̟͈̳̗͒͜l̷̫͝ ̶̱̱̘͖̙̬͖̈́̏̕͘ō̴̼̭̥͔̮̟͒̒͒ͅn̴̖̦͎̯͕̈́̿͘͠ ̸̞̼͉͙́͐̏͝ẗ̴̮͕̰̫̖͉̩̍͆̂͛͝h̵̖̋̉̾̎͆e̸̞̩̳̲͙͎͑ ̴̩̈̽̈́͑S̵̯̮̟͈͎̭͠t̸͍̗̹̬͉̙̓͆̔̿r̸̡̤̺̱̹͈̦͑̈́̅ẹ̶̮͔̳̆͆̄̏̔e̴̢̺͚̠̟͕̋̄̂̓̽͘t̴̢̡̩͙̫̼̚,̸̩̖͌̈́͐̇ ̷̨͐͆P̵̳̦͗r̶̹̪̯͕̬̰̍̓͆o̷̠̱͙̠͔̗̫̽f̶̱͙͇̼̬̮̻̊͌̋į̸̯̩̖͇̍͋̓̾́̏̽ͅt̴͇̬͍̗̺̀̈́̈́͗͊ ̴̧̯̼̩͑̓̒͗i̷̪̲̜̮̼̲̎͑͊̂̕n̶͍̂ ̴͓̻̤̬͎̫̹̎͌̈́́̕͝t̸̺͚͍̕h̷͖͎̙͍̬̫̰̍̀̃̿̓e̷̛̩̔̑̌̾͊ ̵̤̖͎͔͖̂͘͝S̴̳͖̩̪͕̒͒̌͌͝h̷̝͇̱̝̻̓̓͂͑̒ȅ̶̛̞̱̮̏͐͜ḕ̷͙͉̄͜ť̸̫̩̟s̴̲̲̏̑̏̇͆͂͘͜

ᛖᚷᛟ ᛋᚢᛗ ᛒᛖᛋᛏᛁᚨ ᛖᚷᛟ ᚲᚢᛚᛏᚢᛋ
Personality: Chaotic Good | ENTJ | Math dominant | Pro business
Politically: Classical liberal | Pro 2A | Pro Choice | Behavioral economist

Catsfern
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 09, 2017

Postby Catsfern » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:32 am

I gotta say I hate the taste of coffee, but the scent is one of the absolute best in the world.

Kernen
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kernen » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:33 am

A stovetop espresso pot and a quality burn grinder that can make espresso grinds are great investments.

Lawful Evil

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:37 am

I heard it suggested once that coffee may have sparked the Enlightenment in Europe. Think about it. Before the mid-17th century, the usual drink was wine, beer or ale, so people went around buzzed all day but in a low-key, alcohol sort of way. Then, in the middle of the 1600s, whammo! coffee comes to Europe and people are staggering around with caffeine coursing through their veins.

Through the efforts of the British East India Company, coffee became popular in England as well. John Evelyn recorded tasting the drink at Oxford in England in a diary entry of May 1637 to where it had been brought by an Ottoman student of Balliol College from Crete named Nathaniel Conopios of Crete.[29][30] Oxford's Queen's Lane Coffee House, established in 1654, is still in existence today. Coffee was introduced in France in 1657, and in Austria and Poland after the 1683 Battle of Vienna, when coffee was captured from supplies of the defeated Turks.[31]

True? I dunno, I need another cup.
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:37 am

Catsfern wrote:I gotta say I hate the taste of coffee, but the scent is one of the absolute best in the world.

When you open a new can or bag of coffee ... mmmmm ...

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General