NATION

PASSWORD

Federal Judge Reportedly Rules Hoda Muthana Not US Citizen

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Prismos
Secretary

Founded: Feb 06, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Prismos » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:09 pm

Sovaal wrote:
Prismos wrote:

I’ve been to the US many times.

My point is if a nation tried to push extremists onto yours, it would be an entirely different story.

Wasn’t it Trump who said the UK needs to deal with its own extremists like Shamima Begum, and here you are now not dealing with yours?

Thing is in a reversed scenario these extremists would have killed thousands of Americans.

Anyway, I'm all for us dealing with her, and any other American supporter of ISIS. Plenty of jail cells and courtyards.

And don’t you think she was part of an organisation that killed thousands of Syrians? And you’d rather her stay in Syria or Turkey or Yemen? It’s the worst Western hypocrisy.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:09 pm

Balican wrote:
Gormwood wrote:And the question nobody wants to answer: What exactly did Hoda Muthana do in ISIS?

Why does this matter?

Because I could have sworn American values included not convicting people on guilt by association alone. Would have thought the Red Scare might have taught that lesson.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:10 pm

Prismos wrote:
Sovaal wrote:Plenty of traitors in the West have been executed for treason. And she supported a "nation" hostile to the US, which last I checked was how our constitution defined treason.

I don't usually support execution but in cases where they supported such a despicable cause I can't come up with any objections.

I find executions and death, just satisfying Daesh.
lol
Part of the reason why the hate us is our Western values is because we are liberal and many Western nations don’t have the death penalty.

I don't think that's even close as to why IS hates us.
We shouldn’t go down to their level.

By that metric we shouldn't have nay military involvement against them then.

Sometimes to fight a threat you do have to get closer to their level. I'm not saying we should wage ethnic and religious cleansing as they did, but rather that executing western jihadists for being traitors and war criminals isn't something that should be thrown out the window.
Most of the time I have no idea what the hell I'm doing or talking about.

”Many forms of government have been tried and will be tried in this world of sin and woe.
No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is
the worst form of government, except for all the others that have been tried from time to time." -
Winston Churchill, 1947.

"Rifles, muskets, long-bows and hand-grenades are inherently democratic weapons. A complex weapon makes the strong stronger, while a simple weapon – so long as there is no answer to it – gives claws to the weak.” - George Orwell

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:11 pm

Galloism wrote:
Gormwood wrote:And the question nobody wants to answer: What exactly did Hoda Muthana do in ISIS?

Recruiter, iirc.

If there's proof then she needs to be tried in the U.S. for that. Treating her like an actual front line fighter or terror operative is a bit ridiculous.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:12 pm

Prismos wrote:
Sovaal wrote:Thing is in a reversed scenario these extremists would have killed thousands of Americans.

Anyway, I'm all for us dealing with her, and any other American supporter of ISIS. Plenty of jail cells and courtyards.

And don’t you think she was part of an organisation that killed thousands of Syrians? And you’d rather her stay in Syria or Turkey or Yemen? It’s the worst Western hypocrisy.

You're not listening to me.
Not once did I say she should remain in Syria, let alone mentioning Yemen. That's you.
What I said is that it's not Western hypocrisy because if the situation was reversed we would gladly deal with the extremists.

Might want to work on your reading comprehension.

”Many forms of government have been tried and will be tried in this world of sin and woe.
No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is
the worst form of government, except for all the others that have been tried from time to time." -
Winston Churchill, 1947.

"Rifles, muskets, long-bows and hand-grenades are inherently democratic weapons. A complex weapon makes the strong stronger, while a simple weapon – so long as there is no answer to it – gives claws to the weak.” - George Orwell

Prismos
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Prismos » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:13 pm

Sovaal wrote:
Prismos wrote:
I find executions and death, just satisfying Daesh.
lol
Part of the reason why the hate us is our Western values is because we are liberal and many Western nations don’t have the death penalty.

We shouldn’t go down to their level.

Sometimes to fight a threat you do have to get closer to their level. I'm not saying we should wage ethnic and religious cleansing as they did, but rather that executing western jihadists for being traitors and war criminals isn't something that should be thrown out the window.

Executing solves nothing and makes them a martyr. My point was the fact that they hate Western values such as liberalism and right to a fair trial and imprisonment. That doesn’t negate being at war with them but even in war you abide by the Geneva Convention.

Balican
Envoy

Founded: Oct 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Balican » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:14 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Balican wrote:Why does this matter?

Because I could have sworn American values included not convicting people on guilt by association alone. Would have thought the Red Scare might have taught that lesson.

That's some nice pilpul right there. That phrase doesn't exactly apply to this situation.
Economic Left/Right: .13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 5.78
Pro: Corneliu Codreanu, Jus Sanguini, Nationalism, Moral responsibiliy, Traditionalism.
Con: Cuckservatives, Liberalism as a whole, Israel, Communism, Islam, Welfare, NATO in it's current form, the UN.
Proud user of NS stats.
I am a monarchy.

Kaystein
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaystein » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:14 pm

Galloism wrote:I mean, children of diplomats have never been considered citizens as far as I can recall. It doesn’t come up often, but I can’t recall any diplomat having a kid that became a us citizen via jus soli.

And while scotus is subservient to the constitution, it also interprets the constitution, and based on its 120 year old ruling, it would appear that kids of diplomats are excluded.

Also, we’ve discussed this case on NS before.

So you're telling me the 1898 case came from the internet?

Did the judge cite that particular case in their ruling/conclusion, or not?
Last edited by Kaystein on Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:14 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Sovaal wrote:If they had joined a far right white extremist terrorist group fighting a war and slaughtering thousands of people would we ask what they did in said organization?

Because despite what you clap your hands to believe, there's a difference between being a front line fighter or planner and being a war bride.

Still willingly supporting an organization that is literally founded on waging war and extermination against non-believers, let alone all the other shit they do as a side jig. And in my eyes that's still a crime. Same with those traitors from Allied nations who supported the Nazis during the Second World War, many of whom where executed, and rightly so imho, for it.

Winston Churchill, 1947.

Prismos
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Prismos » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:15 pm

Sovaal wrote:
Prismos wrote:

You're not listening to me.
Not once did I say she should remain in Syria, let alone mentioning Yemen. That's you.
What I said is that it's not Western hypocrisy because if the situation was reversed we would gladly deal with the extremists.

Might want to work on your reading comprehension.

The point is the US is not dealing with its own extremists. It would rather palm them off to other nations contrary what Donnie says.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:15 pm

Sovaal wrote:
Gormwood wrote:Because despite what you clap your hands to believe, there's a difference between being a front line fighter or planner and being a war bride.

Still willingly supporting an organization that is literally founded on waging war and extermination against non-believers, let alone all the other shit they do as a side jig. And in my eyes that's still a crime. Same with those traitors from Allied nations who supported the Nazis during the Second World War, many of whom where executed, and rightly so imho, for it.

They hung cafeteria workers at Nurnberg?

Balican
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Balican » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:16 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Sovaal wrote:Still willingly supporting an organization that is literally founded on waging war and extermination against non-believers, let alone all the other shit they do as a side jig. And in my eyes that's still a crime. Same with those traitors from Allied nations who supported the Nazis during the Second World War, many of whom where executed, and rightly so imho, for it.

Bookkeepers and accountants.
Pro: Corneliu Codreanu, Jus Sanguini, Nationalism, Moral responsibiliy, Traditionalism.
Con: Cuckservatives, Liberalism as a whole, Israel, Communism, Islam, Welfare, NATO in it's current form, the UN.
Proud user of NS stats.
I am a monarchy.

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:17 pm

Balican wrote:
Gormwood wrote:Because I could have sworn American values included not convicting people on guilt by association alone. Would have thought the Red Scare might have taught that lesson.

That's some nice pilpul right there. That phrase doesn't exactly apply to this situation.

>Literally and willingly joins an infamous terrorist organization well known for it's war crimes and terrorism
>Don't you dare call them a terrorist!

Sometimes this site makes me wonder.

Winston Churchill, 1947.

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:17 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Sovaal wrote:Still willingly supporting an organization that is literally founded on waging war and extermination against non-believers, let alone all the other shit they do as a side jig. And in my eyes that's still a crime. Same with those traitors from Allied nations who supported the Nazis during the Second World War, many of whom where executed, and rightly so imho, for it.

Maybe. And wouldn't blame them. Imho they didn't hang enough Nazi officials after the war as was.
Last edited by Sovaal on Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Winston Churchill, 1947.

Balican
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Balican » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:18 pm

Sovaal wrote:
Balican wrote:That's some nice pilpul right there. That phrase doesn't exactly apply to this situation.

>Literally and willingly joins an infamous terrorist organization well known for it's war crimes and terrorism

Maybe that phrase means a different thing in my neck of the woods, but that wasn't exactly the intention of that post. Also
>using meme arrows
>on another site
Proud user of NS stats.
I am a monarchy.

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:20 pm

Balican wrote:
Sovaal wrote:>Literally and willingly joins an infamous terrorist organization well known for it's war crimes and terrorism

Maybe that phrase means a different thing in my neck of the woods, but that wasn't exactly the intention of that post. Also
>using meme arrows
>on another site

Really don't care. Guilt by association regardless applies to the exact opposite of what this situation is, despite what Gauth is trying to paint it as.

Winston Churchill, 1947.

Prismos
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Prismos » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:22 pm

Kaystein wrote:
Galloism wrote:I mean, children of diplomats have never been considered citizens as far as I can recall. It doesn’t come up often, but I can’t recall any diplomat having a kid that became a us citizen via jus soli.

And while scotus is subservient to the constitution, it also interprets the constitution, and based on its 120 year old ruling, it would appear that kids of diplomats are excluded.

Whether she was a US citizen at the time of birth is quite irrelevant on an international level now because that should’ve been sorted out while she lived most of her life in New Jersey and Alabama. If she had not have gone to Syria, would we seriously be having discussions about her citizenship, seems like it’s a last ditch effort from the Obama and Trump administration to find a caveat to not letting her back.

Balican
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Balican » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:22 pm

Sovaal wrote:
Balican wrote:Maybe that phrase means a different thing in my neck of the woods, but that wasn't exactly the intention of that post. Also
>using meme arrows
>on another site

Really don't care. Guilt by association regardless applies to the exact opposite of what this situation is, despite what Gauth is trying to paint it as.

I'm not trying to disagree with you here. She is guilty by implication and not just association.
Proud user of NS stats.
I am a monarchy.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:24 pm

Kaystein wrote:

The ruling was delivered from the bench. A written ruling will follow in the next few days.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:25 pm

Prismos wrote:
Sovaal wrote:lol

Executing solves nothing and makes them a martyr.

Then lock her in a cell and throw away the key.
Or dump the body in the ocean like we did with bin Laden.
My point was the fact that they hate Western values such as liberalism and right to a fair trial and imprisonment.

Never said don't give her a fair trial. Thing is however, even she admits that she joined ISIS.
That doesn’t negate being at war with them but even in war you abide by the Geneva Convention.

Last I checked the Geneva conventions didn't apply to non-state actors and terrorist organizations, or traitors. Could be wrong however.
Last edited by Sovaal on Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Winston Churchill, 1947.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:27 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Galloism wrote:Recruiter, iirc.

If there's proof then she needs to be tried in the U.S. for that. Treating her like an actual front line fighter or terror operative is a bit ridiculous.

I mean, maybe. According to the judge’s ruling, it would appear she’s not a US citizen, and should be tried in Yemen for that.

I’m sure an appeal will rapidly follow the written ruling.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Prismos
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Prismos » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:32 pm

Sovaal wrote:
Prismos wrote:
Executing solves nothing and makes them a martyr.

Then lock her in a cell and throw away the key.
Or dump the body in the ocean like we did with bin Laden.
My point was the fact that they hate Western values such as liberalism and right to a fair trial and imprisonment.

Never said don't give her a fair trial. Thing is however, even she admits that she joined ISIS.
That doesn’t negate being at war with them but even in war you abide by the Geneva Convention.

Last I checked the Geneva conventions didn't apply to non-state actors and terrorist organizations, or traitors. Could be wrong however.

The Geneva convention applies to all enemy combatants at a time of war.

Kaystein
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaystein » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:32 pm

Galloism wrote:
Kaystein wrote:

The ruling was delivered from the bench. A written ruling will follow in the next few days.

Is it me or does it seem like neither side really put 100% effort into the case?

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:35 pm

Kaystein wrote:
Galloism wrote:The ruling was delivered from the bench. A written ruling will follow in the next few days.

Is it me or does it seem like neither side really put 100% effort into the case?

It doesn’t help that both her and her father were notified of the citizenship issue in January of 2016, and they both failed to contest until just now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoda_Muthana

Thanks Obama.

Prismos
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Prismos » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:35 pm

I think we are on the same page if you think she should have a fair trial.

Ideally no extremist should return to the country they came from however we have to abide by international law and rules. It works both ways.

If the US wanted to deport extremists to a country of origin, they should be allowed to.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General