NATION

PASSWORD

MAGAThread XVIII: The Authority Is Total

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:51 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8xVXrp8cRE

Someone's gettin' fired.

He says it was cuz a lozenge was stuck in his throat, but meh, Trump is suspicious of people coughing during a TV interview, let alone a man facepalming at his jokes, laughing or not.
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Cisairse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cisairse » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:52 am

The Rich Port wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8xVXrp8cRE

Someone's gettin' fired.

He says it was cuz a lozenge was stuck in his throat, but meh, Trump is suspicious of people coughing during a TV interview, let alone a man facepalming at his jokes, laughing or not.

I hope Trump at least realizes that firing Fauci would be political suicide.
The details of the above post are subject to leftist infighting.

I officially endorse Fivey Fox for president of the United States.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:54 am

Cisairse wrote:

Someone's gettin' fired.

I hope he doesn't.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:55 am

Cisairse wrote:

Someone's gettin' fired.

This was the same guy who needed the Internet to tell him to shut the fuck up about how video games cause gun violence, and also who thinks the Coronavirus is under control as a thousand Americans lie dead from it.

So mehhhhh.

Frankly, everything with Trump is 50/50.
Last edited by The Rich Port on Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Cisairse
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Cisairse » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:55 am

Gormwood wrote:
Cisairse wrote:

I hope he doesn't.

You know what, me too.

Telconi
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:42 pm

Cisairse wrote:

Someone's gettin' fired.

Probably not, most people probably wouldn't even know who that is.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:59 pm

Cisairse wrote:

Someone's gettin' fired.

Hmm? His base tends to be rather ignorant if not stupid on things. Trump will probably fire him as he doesn't like people who know more then him being vocal. Especially if it goes against his BS.

Trump will probably replace him with some knucklehead who will keep to the political script. The person will say good things; maybe go after the media on things and his base will be happy.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Cisairse
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Cisairse » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:05 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Cisairse wrote:

Hmm? His base tends to be rather ignorant if not stupid on things. Trump will probably fire him as he doesn't like people who know more then him being vocal. Especially if it goes against his BS.

Trump will probably replace him with some knucklehead who will keep to the political script. The person will say good things; maybe go after the media on things and his base will be happy.

Trump can't win just by his base being supporters. He needs to make sure that Obama -> Trump voters don't become Obama -> Trump -> Biden voters.

Repubblica Fascista Sociale Italiana
Minister

Founded: Sep 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Repubblica Fascista Sociale Italiana » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:50 pm

Cisairse wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

Trump can't win just by his base being supporters. He needs to make sure that Obama -> Trump voters don't become Obama -> Trump -> Biden voters.

The reason why those Obama voters went for Trump is because they were fed up with the status quo in 2016. Now this can go three ways, either most of them were satisfied with Trump’s first term, and vote for Trump again, were disappointed in Trump’s first term and choose to return to the status quo, or most don’t vote, in which case, Biden actually gains the upper hand
Not an adherent of Italian Fascism anymore, leaning more and more towards Falangist Syndicalism
Corporatism and Corporatocracy are completely different things
9axes
Pro: Falange, Command Economy, Class-Cooperation, Cultural Nationalism, Authoritarianism, Third Positionism, Border Security
Anti: Communism, Laissez-Faire Capitalism, Trump, Globalism, Racism, Democracy, Immigration

Moscareinas
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Moscareinas » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:57 pm

so trump feels -- he's got a feeling -- new york state doesn't need thirty thousand ventilators

can the state and others trump feels fit to sacrifice to the altar of the dow jones solicit supplies through non-american sources? bypass the feds completely? for it's obvious trump wants people as fucking dead as possible, no matter how many, for the crime of not giving him enough fucking headpats
Moscareinas is an unexpectedly prosperous democratic republic whose territories include 54% of the western Indian Ocean, the IRL BIOT, Comoros, Mayotte, the Seychelles, Mauritius, and Reunion. Not included: Madagascar.

Moscans are torn about Madagascar.

(Yes, I'm Dahon. Please.)

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:58 pm

Repubblica Fascista Sociale Italiana wrote:
Cisairse wrote:

The reason why those Obama voters went for Trump is because they were fed up with the status quo in 2016.

Of course you have a source for that...right?....RIGHT??????
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:08 pm

Trump Fights with Governors, Reporters Over Coronavirus Response: A Closer Look

So apparently Trump is now doling out medical supplies based on how hard governors kiss his ass and if they use their tongues. Good fucking grief, even in the middle of a pandemic he's STILL trying to leverage needed aid for his own personal benefit, even for intangible shit like headpats.
Last edited by Gormwood on Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:25 pm

Gormwood wrote:Trump Fights with Governors, Reporters Over Coronavirus Response: A Closer Look

So apparently Trump is now doling out medical supplies based on how hard governors kiss his ass and if they use their tongues. Good fucking grief, even in the middle of a pandemic he's STILL trying to leverage needed aid for his own personal benefit, even for intangible shit like headpats.

Will you ever stop sexualizing Trump?
Hoppean Libertarian, Acolyte of von Mises, Protector of Our Sacred Liberties
Economic Left/Right: 9.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05
Conserative Morality wrote:"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Hoppe."

Cisairse
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Cisairse » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:31 pm

Gormwood wrote:Trump Fights with Governors, Reporters Over Coronavirus Response: A Closer Look

What a monster.

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:46 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:

Cannot does this shit too and it's just...yuck.
What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive? Or if during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand? The Organs would quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Kargintina the Third
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintina the Third » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:52 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:

He’s got a crush don’t change
Representative Earl Tenson (R-MT-All)

Senate candidate Christina Mudale (R-AL)

Senator Nickolai Dernilski (D-OH)

Houston Mayor Harold Baines (D-TX)

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:05 pm

Kargintina the Third wrote:
Northern Davincia wrote:Will you ever stop sexualizing Trump?

He’s got a crush don’t change
Chernoslavia wrote:

Northern Davincia wrote:

The 100 Meter Pearl Clutch is underway...
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:14 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Kargintina the Third wrote:He’s got a crush don’t change
Chernoslavia wrote:

You can almost smell the lack of self-awareness, deliberate or otherwise.

Smells like... Spray tan.

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Proctopeo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Proctopeo » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:19 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:

Is it really "pearl clutching"? They just find it weird, like someone licking the seat of a public toilet.

And why do y'all's sexualize the man anyway? It's not funny anymore, like basically every Trump joke, so I fail to see the point.

The Rich Port wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:The 100 Meter Pearl Clutch is underway...

You can almost smell the lack of self-awareness, deliberate or otherwise.

Smells like... Spray tan.

hurgle burgle trump man is yorange, can I have my oscar now?
Arachno-anarchism || NO GODS NO MASTERS || Free NSG Odreria

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:23 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:

Some people are desperate to win an autographed MAGA Cap.

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:51 pm

it's finally going to happen:

Video: Trump confirms troops along U.S./ Canada border, calls it ‘equal justice’

TORONTO -- Canada said Thursday it told the Trump administration that a proposal to put troops at the U.S.-Canada border amid the coronavirus pandemic was entirely unnecessary and would damage relations between the two longtime allies.

The Wall Street Journal, citing an unidentified U.S. official, later reported that the Trump administration had dropped its consideration of the plan.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said his government had been in discussions with the White House seeking to persuade the U.S. not to do it.

"Canada and the United States have the longest un-militarized border in the world and it is very much in both of our interests for it to remain that way," Trudeau said.

Trump said the U.S. has troops at the border but then said he would need to find out about that. He then suggested he would deploy troops along the Canadian border to match what is being done at the Mexican border.

“I guess it's equal justice to a certain extent,” Trump said. “We have a lot of things coming in from Canada, we have trade, some illegal trade, that we don't like.”

According to a U.S. official, the Department of Homeland Security did make a formal request to the Pentagon for military forces to provide additional security along the northern border, between entry points. The official said the request was made a few days ago and the Defense Department had done some initial planning but there was no final decision on whether or not to approve the request.

The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss internal deliberations, said there was no discussion about closing the border, only about beefing up efforts to prevent any illegal crossings. It wasn’t clear whether the department was still pursuing the request by late Thursday afternoon, or if approved, whether it would be filled by active duty or National Guard troops.

Canadian Deputy Prime Minister Chrystia Freeland said the government had told the Trump administration there was no justification for troops. Very few people cross the border into the U.S. from Canada illegally and Canada has universal health care and widespread testing for the virus. And COVID-19 cases are surging more in the U.S. than in Canada.

“What we have said is, ‘We really do not believe at all that there would be a public health justification for you to take this action,’” Freeland said. “And we have said, ‘We really don’t think this is the right way to treat a trusted friend and military ally.'"

Freeland said specifics of the U.S. proposal was a question for American officials to answer and declined to say what the Trump administration was contemplating.

She said they Canada was “very directly and very forcefully” expressing the view that “this is an entirely unnecessary step” that Canada would "view as damaging to the relationship.”

Freeland said they first learned of the proposal a few days ago. Trudeau's office had been in direct contact with the White House and Canada's defense and public safety ministers had spoken to their counterparts.

Canada has more than 3,400 coronavirus cases, 35 deaths and has tested over 158,000 people.

Canada sends 75% of its imports to the U.S. and about 18% of American exports go to Canada. The two countries have already closed the border both ways to all non-essential travel.

Bruce Heyman, a former U.S. ambassador to Canada, said it would be a serious misuse of resources and a dangerous and inappropriate use of American troops.

“It makes no military sense. It makes no economic sense. It makes no sense at any level other than Donald Trump's political level,” Heyman said.

Sauce: https://abcnews.go.com/International/wi ... c-69815070

Day of the Rake soon.
Last edited by Nakena on Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kargintina the Third
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintina the Third » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:55 pm

Nakena wrote:it's finally going to happen:

Video: Trump confirms troops along U.S./ Canada border, calls it ‘equal justice’

TORONTO -- Canada said Thursday it told the Trump administration that a proposal to put troops at the U.S.-Canada border amid the coronavirus pandemic was entirely unnecessary and would damage relations between the two longtime allies.

The Wall Street Journal, citing an unidentified U.S. official, later reported that the Trump administration had dropped its consideration of the plan.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said his government had been in discussions with the White House seeking to persuade the U.S. not to do it.

"Canada and the United States have the longest un-militarized border in the world and it is very much in both of our interests for it to remain that way," Trudeau said.

Trump said the U.S. has troops at the border but then said he would need to find out about that. He then suggested he would deploy troops along the Canadian border to match what is being done at the Mexican border.

“I guess it's equal justice to a certain extent,” Trump said. “We have a lot of things coming in from Canada, we have trade, some illegal trade, that we don't like.”

According to a U.S. official, the Department of Homeland Security did make a formal request to the Pentagon for military forces to provide additional security along the northern border, between entry points. The official said the request was made a few days ago and the Defense Department had done some initial planning but there was no final decision on whether or not to approve the request.

The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss internal deliberations, said there was no discussion about closing the border, only about beefing up efforts to prevent any illegal crossings. It wasn’t clear whether the department was still pursuing the request by late Thursday afternoon, or if approved, whether it would be filled by active duty or National Guard troops.

Canadian Deputy Prime Minister Chrystia Freeland said the government had told the Trump administration there was no justification for troops. Very few people cross the border into the U.S. from Canada illegally and Canada has universal health care and widespread testing for the virus. And COVID-19 cases are surging more in the U.S. than in Canada.

“What we have said is, ‘We really do not believe at all that there would be a public health justification for you to take this action,’” Freeland said. “And we have said, ‘We really don’t think this is the right way to treat a trusted friend and military ally.'"

Freeland said specifics of the U.S. proposal was a question for American officials to answer and declined to say what the Trump administration was contemplating.

She said they Canada was “very directly and very forcefully” expressing the view that “this is an entirely unnecessary step” that Canada would "view as damaging to the relationship.”

Freeland said they first learned of the proposal a few days ago. Trudeau's office had been in direct contact with the White House and Canada's defense and public safety ministers had spoken to their counterparts.

Canada has more than 3,400 coronavirus cases, 35 deaths and has tested over 158,000 people.

Canada sends 75% of its imports to the U.S. and about 18% of American exports go to Canada. The two countries have already closed the border both ways to all non-essential travel.

Bruce Heyman, a former U.S. ambassador to Canada, said it would be a serious misuse of resources and a dangerous and inappropriate use of American troops.

“It makes no military sense. It makes no economic sense. It makes no sense at any level other than Donald Trump's political level,” Heyman said.

Sauce: https://abcnews.go.com/International/wi ... c-69815070

Day of the Rake soon.

Canada border wall inbound
Representative Earl Tenson (R-MT-All)

Senate candidate Christina Mudale (R-AL)

Senator Nickolai Dernilski (D-OH)

Houston Mayor Harold Baines (D-TX)

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:56 pm

Because troops on the border with Canada will stop the pandemic, obviously.

Fucking morons...

Hopefully the Canadians can set up friendly outposts along the border once this pandemic's done, and maybe make some money selling pancakes and polite conversation to the troops and ICE agents sweeping the lawless Canadian border.
Last edited by Albrenia on Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:01 pm

Albrenia wrote:Because troops on the border with Canada will stop the pandemic, obviously.

Fucking morons...

It's not just about corona apparently.

From the video:

“We have very strong deployments on the southern border, and we had some troops in Canada, but I’ll find out about that — I guess it’s equal justice to a certain extent,”

“In Canada, we do have troops along the border. We have a lot of things coming in from Canada — we have trade, some illegal trade that we don’t like. We have very strong sanctions on some, we have very strong tariffs on dumping steel.

“We don’t like steel coming through our border that’s been dumped in Canada so they can avoid the tariffs.”

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:04 pm

Nakena wrote:
Albrenia wrote:Because troops on the border with Canada will stop the pandemic, obviously.

Fucking morons...

It's not just about corona apparently.

From the video:

“We have very strong deployments on the southern border, and we had some troops in Canada, but I’ll find out about that — I guess it’s equal justice to a certain extent,”

“In Canada, we do have troops along the border. We have a lot of things coming in from Canada — we have trade, some illegal trade that we don’t like. We have very strong sanctions on some, we have very strong tariffs on dumping steel.

“We don’t like steel coming through our border that’s been dumped in Canada so they can avoid the tariffs.”

Is smuggled Canadian steel a big enough problem that it can't wait until after the pandemic? I feel like attention should focus on the pandemic. That's just me though.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General