NATION

PASSWORD

MAGAThread XVIII: The Authority Is Total

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:49 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Greater Miami Shores wrote:That is a Political quid pro quo done by all Presidents Republicans and Democrats too.

There is a difference between the feds "forcing" a law of the land and trump who expected help by a foreign government against a political enemy.

The impulsive dumb ass could have seen Biden is good at sinking his own effort cnd not have had to resort to a QQP.

Are you going back to first base to rinse and repeat?

Ever play Super Mario Odyssey?

Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:51 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
If it's true, cool.

Having said that? I don't put much face in anything trump says. Sounds good for a TV spot; in reality far from the truth.

Yeah. Trump is the king of all liars. Truth be damned.

The Taliban will bide their time and wait until American presence is completely gone before overrunning Kabul. Thanks Bush 2!
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:25 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:
Gauth is known to care less about people's rights.

That's a very pointless nonsequitur and ad hominem package there.

Hi kettle. Also not an ad hominem considering your history of disregarding individual liberty.
What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive? Or if during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand? The Organs would quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:40 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:
Gormwood wrote:That's a very pointless nonsequitur and ad hominem package there.

Hi kettle. Also not an ad hominem considering your history of disregarding individual liberty.

:blink: Since when did you care?

Check's title of thread....Don't see his name listed.....
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:11 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:

Whatever gives him the most pluses to dunk on libs. This is the same guy who calls anyone expecting human rights to all a terrorist apologist.

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:50 pm

Gormwood wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

Whatever gives him the most pluses to dunk on libs. This is the same guy who calls anyone expecting human rights to all a terrorist apologist.

Nice lies.
What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive? Or if during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand? The Organs would quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:45 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:
Gormwood wrote:Whatever gives him the most pluses to dunk on libs. This is the same guy who calls anyone expecting human rights to all a terrorist apologist.

Nice lies.

Nice gas leak.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=196179

Chernoslavia wrote:He like Gormwood are apologists for evil doers.

Chernoslavia wrote:Gormwood is a known shill and apologist when it comes to terrorists and actual villains.
Last edited by Gormwood on Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:48 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:
Nice lies.

Nice gas leak.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=196179

Chernoslavia wrote:He like Gormwood are apologists for evil doers.

Chernoslavia wrote:Gormwood is a known shill and apologist when it comes to terrorists and actual villains.

I was referring to the expecting human rights bit. Nice fail.
Last edited by Chernoslavia on Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:00 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:

Oh, you mean like here?

viewtopic.php?p=36565616#p36565616

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:15 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:

Oh, you mean like here?

Oh yeah cuz disregarding the ''rights'' of terrorist scumbags is exactly the same as disregarding the rights of average citizens. :roll: Keep shilling.
Last edited by Chernoslavia on Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:17 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:
Gormwood wrote:Oh, you mean like here?

Oh yeah cuz disregarding the ''rights'' of terrorist scumbags is exactly the same as disregarding the rights of average citizens. :roll: Keep shilling.

I accept your concession. :)

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:22 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:

I accept your concession. :)

You're delusional.

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:24 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:
Gormwood wrote:I accept your concession. :)

You're delusional.

Trying to master Corncob Jutsu?

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:41 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:
You're delusional.

Trying to master Corncob Jutsu?

Case in point.

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:08 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:
Gormwood wrote:Trying to master Corncob Jutsu?

Case in point.

Get some fresh air. Lamp gas isn't healthy.

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:18 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:
Case in point.

So are you going explain what I supposedly conceded to or am I going to have to call the boys in white?

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:22 pm

Kiss
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Proctopeo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Proctopeo » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:02 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:
Case in point.

While I agree that there's a gas leak, I disagree as to the type of gas.

Is your carbon monoxide detector working?
Arachno-anarchism || NO GODS NO MASTERS || Free NSG Odreria

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Founded: May 11, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:10 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:
Gormwood wrote:Get some fresh air. Lamp gas isn't healthy.

So are you going explain what I supposedly conceded to or am I going to have to call the boys in white?

You called Gormwood a liar for saying that you call "anyone expecting human rights to all a terrorist apologist."
He then linked a thread where for several posts you go on a rant where you do essentially that. Moreover, in reply you double down, saying " cuz disregarding the ''rights'' of terrorist scumbags is exactly the same as disregarding the rights of average citizens."

Now, last I checked, terrorist or not, as long as a person is a person they fall under the definition of "all [people]" that Gormwood was referring to, and thus this exposes that your post calling Gormwood a liar was not, as the kids say, a solid take.
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:47 pm

Necroghastia wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:So are you going explain what I supposedly conceded to or am I going to have to call the boys in white?

You called Gormwood a liar for saying that you call "anyone expecting human rights to all a terrorist apologist."
He then linked a thread where for several posts you go on a rant where you do essentially that. Moreover, in reply you double down, saying " cuz disregarding the ''rights'' of terrorist scumbags is exactly the same as disregarding the rights of average citizens."

Now, last I checked, terrorist or not, as long as a person is a person they fall under the definition of "all [people]" that Gormwood was referring to, and thus this exposes that your post calling Gormwood a liar was not, as the kids say, a solid take.

Wrong. I called Gauth a liar for saying that I expect him to recognize any rights as that's what I got from reading his post. And I don't care what definition he was referring to considering his definition is utter shit, I was informing WRA that Gauth doesn't care for individual liberty and showing a post where I want terrorists to be punished isn't exposing any hypocrisy considering that going after people who commit atrocities against innocents in the name of their god isn't a violation of any human rights. They're not the same fucking thing.

Henceforth he's a liar.
Last edited by Chernoslavia on Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:52 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:
Gormwood wrote:I accept your concession. :)

You're delusional.

No you kinda just proved his point.

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:52 pm

Genivaria wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:
You're delusional.

No you kinda just proved his point.

Explain.

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:56 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:
Genivaria wrote:No you kinda just proved his point.

Explain.

You said he was lying about you calling people who support human rights 'terrorist apologists' and when he quoted where you did exactly that you immediately backtracked and did what he said you would.

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:02 pm

Genivaria wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:
Explain.

You said he was lying about you calling people who support human rights 'terrorist apologists' and when he quoted where you did exactly that you immediately backtracked and did what he said you would.

No, I called Gauth a liar for saying that I expect him to recognize any rights. And showing a post of me talking about destroying terrorists, people who do wrong to others, doesn't show any hypocrisy.

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:07 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Aclion wrote:Obama didn't have that problem because he cleaned house first thing, replacing most of the staff with his own people; and judging by the the way they've behaved under Trump it looks like that will be a necessity for every new administration, otherwise they'll have to deal with the other parties operatives working to sabotage their policies and get them out of office..

There would have been less griping if Trump did clean house in the beginning instead of this wait until they piss him off then replace them spree he's in the middle of right now. And it's rather paranoid to assume every single employee from a previous administration is mandated to sabotage the incoming one.

It's not paranoia if they really are out to get you. And yes, there would have been less griping, which is unfortunate. Really Trump should have been praised for not following Obama's example, and supported when he eventually had to force people out in order to fulfill his duties. But that's not what happened and it's not going to happen and so we can expect Republicans to begin participating in the politicization of the federal bureaucracy; after all, they've been given no choice.
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General