NATION

PASSWORD

MAGAThread XVIII: The Authority Is Total

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 10, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Jerzylvania » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:36 am

Alien Space Bats wrote:
Ifreann wrote:Trump did replace a lot of Obama appointees when he took office.

I sometimes get the sense that Trump supporters would like to see our Civil Service laws repealed.

<pause>

Students of history can probably work out how colossally bad an idea that would be, but I don't imagine most Trump supporters to be serious students of history.

*Thinks Sarah Palin's grasp of history*
Donald Trump has no clue as to what "insuring the domestic tranquility" means

The Baltimore Orioles are shocking the baseball world!

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:57 am

Jerzylvania wrote:
Alien Space Bats wrote:I sometimes get the sense that Trump supporters would like to see our Civil Service laws repealed.

<pause>

Students of history can probably work out how colossally bad an idea that would be, but I don't imagine most Trump supporters to be serious students of history.

*Thinks Sarah Palin's grasp of history*

Who else can see Russia from their yard?
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 20, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:16 am

I mean, we all knew this was fact already but in this era of Trump, facts are just inconveniences unless they benefit one's agenda. He clearly feels quite emboldened now; I would too if I was allowed to get away with my crimes.
A Golden Civic: The New Pragmatic Libertarian
My Words: Indeed, Indubitably & Malarkey
Retired Admin in NSGS and NS Parliament

Accountant, Author, History Buff, Political Junkie
“Has ambition so eclipsed principle?” ~ Mitt Romney
"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." ~ Albert Einstein
"Trust, but verify." ~ Ronald Reagan

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:28 am

Serksis Federation wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:
One of these days, maybe you'll realize that "hey, both sides do it!" is not a justification for wrongdoing.

Maybe the discussion should be stopping political quid pro quo all together in the future and not repeatedly targeting one person for it and not stoping the problem. Or maybe make it a crime....

It is a crime my guy.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:44 am

This doesn’t mean that I do not have, as President, the legal right to do so: Trump asserts on Twitter he has right to interfere in DOJ cases after Barr criticizes president’s tweets.

It's the gift that keeps on giving, except he isn't the typical politician that would get said blow back. Trump has nothing to fear now.

"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." ~ Albert Einstein

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:24 am

NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:28 am

Zurkerx wrote:This doesn’t mean that I do not have, as President, the legal right to do so: Trump asserts on Twitter he has right to interfere in DOJ cases after Barr criticizes president’s tweets.

It's the gift that keeps on giving, except he isn't the typical politician that would get said blow back. Trump has nothing to fear now.

Nope, the Republican Party has made it clear they are okay with criminal acts when they do it.

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:30 am

I would imagine it's true though if history is any indication, it usually doesn't pan out so well; talks seem to collapse a lot. Let's hope it does go through, although this is just something in principle and we could be still months away from anything meaningful.

The Emerald Legion
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 18, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Emerald Legion » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:36 am

Genivaria wrote:
Zurkerx wrote:This doesn’t mean that I do not have, as President, the legal right to do so: Trump asserts on Twitter he has right to interfere in DOJ cases after Barr criticizes president’s tweets.

Nope, the Republican Party has made it clear they are okay with criminal acts when they do it.

If that were the case, we wouldn't be having this argument.
"23.The unwise man is awake all night, and ponders everything over; when morning comes he is weary in mind, and all is a burden as ever." - Havamal

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:36 am

DOJ has dropped the case against former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe.
Well well well. :clap:
Can't wait for Donny to go berserk on twitter. :lol:

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:37 am

The Emerald Legion wrote:
Genivaria wrote:Nope, the Republican Party has made it clear they are okay with criminal acts when they do it.

If that were the case, we wouldn't be having this argument.

Not sure what argument you're referring to.

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:41 am

Jerzylvania wrote:DOJ has dropped the case against former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe.

Is anyone surprised?
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:04 am

Pffft. What will make the Taliban hold on to their end once the U.S. leaves? Trump is the raw dealmaker after all.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:07 am

Jerzylvania wrote:DOJ has dropped the case against former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe.

He'll shittweet demanding a retry and Barr being the susanmissive bitch he is will "object" while doing just that.

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:24 am

Gormwood wrote:

Pffft. What will make the Taliban hold on to their end once the U.S. leaves? Trump is the raw dealmaker after all.

Ability to participate in afghan politics.
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:26 am

Aclion wrote:
Gormwood wrote:Pffft. What will make the Taliban hold on to their end once the U.S. leaves? Trump is the raw dealmaker after all.

Ability to participate in afghan politics.

And if they take over all of Afghanistan without U.S. interference, it would be boo fucking hoo for them.
Last edited by Gormwood on Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:42 am

Gormwood wrote:
Aclion wrote:Ability to participate in afghan politics.

And if they take over all of Afghanistan without U.S. interference, it would be boo fucking hoo for them.

And who has given America the job of being the world’s police?
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

Repubblica Fascista Sociale Italiana
Minister

Founded: Sep 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Repubblica Fascista Sociale Italiana » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:45 am

Aureumterra wrote:
Gormwood wrote:And if they take over all of Afghanistan without U.S. interference, it would be boo fucking hoo for them.

we have a thread on this
Not an adherent of Italian Fascism anymore, leaning more and more towards Falangist Syndicalism
Corporatism and Corporatocracy are completely different things
9axes
Pro: Falange, Command Economy, Class-Cooperation, Cultural Nationalism, Authoritarianism, Third Positionism, Border Security
Anti: Communism, Laissez-Faire Capitalism, Trump, Globalism, Racism, Democracy, Immigration

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:50 am

Aureumterra wrote:
Gormwood wrote:And if they take over all of Afghanistan without U.S. interference, it would be boo fucking hoo for them.

So thanks for conceding my point. :)

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:52 am

Welcome to the nepotist reich of america.
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:54 am

Aureumterra wrote:

Is anyone surprised?

Yeah. Donald Trump.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:53 pm

Large if factual.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity

Postby The Black Forrest » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:22 pm

If it's true, cool.

Having said that? I don't put much face in anything trump says. Sounds good for a TV spot; in reality far from the truth.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity

Postby The Black Forrest » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:36 pm

Greater Miami Shores wrote:
Aclion wrote:
It withholds federal highway funds from states unless they set the minimum drinking age to 21.

That is a Political quid pro quo done by all Presidents Republicans and Democrats too.

There is a difference between the feds "forcing" a law of the land and trump who expected help by a foreign government against a political enemy.

The impulsive dumb ass could have seen Biden is good at sinking his own effort cnd not have had to resort to a QQP.

Are you going back to first base to rinse and repeat?
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:48 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:

If it's true, cool.

Having said that? I don't put much face in anything trump says. Sounds good for a TV spot; in reality far from the truth.

Yeah. Trump is the king of all liars. Truth be damned.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General