NATION

PASSWORD

Cartels could be easily taken care of

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:17 am

Rojava Free State wrote:
Saiwania wrote:
Alcohol the most dangerous drug? No it isn't, give me a break. It is legal in the first place, because alcohol isn't the most dangerous thing in the world and it is socially accepted in that it has a long history and place within different societies that the other hard drugs just don't have more often than not. Marijuana is only becoming decriminalized in a lot of places, because its relatively less harmful and the prisons are becoming too crowded.

It's irresponsibly naive from my standpoint, to want all drugs (which aren't created equal) to be legalized. So you don't believe allowing meth for example, to be sold over the counter to the masses- won't cause negative externalities or backfire to enough of an extent as to cause worse social problems than is now the case in keeping it illegal and access to it more restricted?

If the manufacturers of poison to the mind are so insistent on their products being legalized, they should pay all of the medical and negative social costs that will result from the sale of their products, but this is never going to be forthcoming- is it?

I'd still prefer for fewer people to have access to hard drugs and it being kept illegal than for people to have cheap, easy, and legal access to hard drugs that cause people tangible harm or to become more unproductive or disabled than would otherwise be the case.

I see you didn't read the article on the safety of drugs at all. Alcohol is definitely one of the most dangerous drugs, and if you think it's not, it's only because you haven't seen it destroy people's lives. I have. It's far more dangerous than most illegal drugs in America

He also ignores the lessons of Prohibition.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Totenborg
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Totenborg » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:43 am

Rojava Free State wrote:
Saiwania wrote:
Even so, it still may well be what Mexico needs, at least on a temporary basis. The most difficult problems tend to require the most unpleasant solutions.

Why cause untold suffering and countless deaths when you can just legalize the drugs and cause the death of the cartel in a few weeks. You notice the Chicago mob wars ended after prohibition ceased. Guess why

Yep.
Rabid anti-fascist.
Existential nihilist.
Lifer metalhead.
Unrepentant fan of birds.

Euarsia
Civilian

Founded: Nov 05, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Euarsia » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:46 am

Iwassoclose wrote:Earlier saw that the cop that arrested el chapos son was gunned down in broad daylight. And I thinking why are these people even allowed to keep running around. Here is my solution allow the intelligence agencies, police, militias and the military to use force against them with no repucssion. One extra step further then what Brazil is currently exploring. This would be a temporary solution tasked by a coalition of people with different political views avoid claims of oppression until the cartels have been sufficiently wiped out.

Steps

1) intelligence agencies identify and post information about the cartels in local, regional and country wide bulletins

2) local/federal government create bounties, for every dead/alive cartel member bought in is given a credit

3) civilians get involved by getting rewarded or ratting out other civilians in authority who has been turned or a member of cartel in hiding

4) civilian militias or private contractors also should be involved

Rinse and repeat until their strangle hold is gone from the black and regular markets

Problem solved, what do you think?

sounds like a purge to me
Last edited by Euarsia on Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Totenborg
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Totenborg » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:48 am

Cappuccina wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:
Which wouldn't be hard to investigate. The problem is the Mexican government is in bed with the cartels, but to say they can't go after them aggressively or it's ''fascist'' to do so is ludicrous.

This^

Oh, sure because handing more power to an already corrupt organization always works out.
Rabid anti-fascist.
Existential nihilist.
Lifer metalhead.
Unrepentant fan of birds.

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:49 am

Rojava Free State wrote:I see you didn't read the article on the safety of drugs at all. Alcohol is definitely one of the most dangerous drugs, and if you think it's not, it's only because you haven't seen it destroy people's lives. I have. It's far more dangerous than most illegal drugs in America

Only because alcohol is so widespread and common. If illegal drugs were legitimized, people can be sure that something like bath salts will become more of a common problem than it is now because its illegal and kept underground- which the majority of the population doesn't partake in by default.

If you're not comfortable with say, a 5 year old getting their hands on meth via someone leaving a bag unattended- then you shouldn't be in favor of it being legalized. At least with alcohol, usually someone gets drunk as opposed to dying or going to the hospital and driving up a bunch of medical costs.

No one forced my dad to drink alcohol, it is his fault if he stayed addicted. It is easy enough to quit cold turkey, not the case with something like cocaine or meth. Plenty of people exist that drink responsibly or pay attention to their body wanting them to quit the habit. I by and large, don't see the same being the case with hard drugs. Thus objectively speaking, alcohol is clearly not the worst widely available drug in existence.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Europa Undivided
Minister

Founded: Jun 18, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Europa Undivided » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:51 am

Step 1: Legalize drugs... with some limits to the amount you can purchase so that overdoses are impossible to do.
Step 2: Make it an industry with the same considerations as liquor and cigarettes.
Step 3: Watch and laugh as cartels are outcompeted by corporations.

Also step 1: Replace the Mexican government.
Protestant ~ RPer ~ House of RepresentaThieves ~ Worldbuilder ~ Filipino ~ Centrist ~ Pro-Life ~ Agent of Chaos ~ Discord: derangedtroglodyte ~ No Ani Anquietas, hic qua videum
“Those who cannot conceive Friendship as a substantive love but only as a disguise or elaboration of Eros betray the fact that they have never had a Friend." - C.S. Lewis
“War is cringe." - Moon Tzu, the Art of Peace

Satuga
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Satuga » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:57 am

God I wish it was that easy, cause honestly cartel members are some of the most sadistic bastards on earth, who honestly deserve the worst death possible. If you don't believe me I suggest you watch the video of [NSFL]
two cartel members skinning a police officer alive after stabbing another one to death, in which said skinned persons heart is removed(all while the person is still breathing).
So yeah these gang banging 20 IQ fucks deserve to be killed.
Alt-Acc: Kronotek.
Funny quotes:
Infected Mushroom wrote:I don’t like democracy. It’s messy, disorderly, unclean.

I much prefer uniforms, soldiers, clear lines of authority, order.
Tarsonis wrote:
Fartsniffage wrote:Can the pair of you go do it in one of the myriad American politics threads?

(Image)

So help me I will throw your tea into the harbor again

The Emerald Legion
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 18, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Emerald Legion » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:34 am

An Alan Smithee Nation wrote:You could call it The War on Drugs.

Seriously the cartels only disappear when Americans stop buying drugs. Which is never.

I mean. You could just napalm the shit out of any drug farms.

No drugs to sell. No cartel.
"23.The unwise man is awake all night, and ponders everything over; when morning comes he is weary in mind, and all is a burden as ever." - Havamal

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:37 am

The Emerald Legion wrote:
An Alan Smithee Nation wrote:You could call it The War on Drugs.

Seriously the cartels only disappear when Americans stop buying drugs. Which is never.

Prohibition was still a smashing success apparently.
Last edited by Gormwood on Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:48 am

Gormwood wrote:Prohibition was still a smashing success apparently.

Allowing all drugs to be easily accessible and common wasn't a smashing success either. Back in say 1903, it was a mess in the US. People were dying or getting addicted left and right because of drugs being so unregulated. It was the partial impetus for the Pure Food and Drug Act.
Last edited by Saiwania on Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

The Emerald Legion
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 18, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Emerald Legion » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:04 am

Gormwood wrote:

Prohibition was still a smashing success apparently.

It's almost like drugs are harder to cultivate than Alcohol.
"23.The unwise man is awake all night, and ponders everything over; when morning comes he is weary in mind, and all is a burden as ever." - Havamal

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:35 am

Saiwania wrote:

Allowing all drugs to be easily accessible and common wasn't a smashing success either. Back in say 1903, it was a mess in the US. People were dying or getting addicted left and right because of drugs being so unregulated. It was the partial impetus for the Pure Food and Drug Act.

And making them illegal just incentivizes criminal organizations centered around selling them. As long as the demand exists, making substances illegal means dismantle all the cartels and gangs you want, they'll make more like Doritos.
Last edited by Gormwood on Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:38 am

It's almost like drugs are harder to cultivate than Alcohol.

But if enough people still want it, someone will come up with new ways to make them. Funny how people who complain about foreign wars have no problem subsidizing domestic conflicts that could be easily resolved but for a need to be morally triumphant.
Last edited by Gormwood on Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:53 am

Gormwood wrote:And making them illegal just incentivizes criminal organizations centered around selling them. As long as the demand exists, making substances illegal means dismantle all the cartels and gangs you want, they'll make more like Doritos.

Who cares if black markets exist or not? What counts is that when people are caught doing illegal things, they're punished if not imprisoned for 40+ years which is a real deterrent for a lot of people. If people can't do the time, they won't do the crime. People who make money unethically, usually don't last for the long term.

You can bet that if Mexico had a strong enough police state like the US has, that its cartels would be more underground and reigned in, instead of brazen.

Mexico's efforts at gun control arguably don't work. But China's efforts do. China's government, love them or hate them- really has their shit together. Instead of whining about something being too difficult to regulate or micromanage, they usually find or devise a way to get it done anyways. The Chinese are as tyrannical and cutthroat as is necessary to achieve all of their national aims.
Last edited by Saiwania on Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
Sith Acolyte

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:28 am

Saiwania wrote:
Gormwood wrote:And making them illegal just incentivizes criminal organizations centered around selling them. As long as the demand exists, making substances illegal means dismantle all the cartels and gangs you want, they'll make more like Doritos.

Who cares if black markets exist or not? What counts is that when people are caught doing illegal things, they're punished if not imprisoned for 40+ years which is a real deterrent for a lot of people. If people can't do the time, they won't do the crime. People who make money unethically, usually don't last for the long term.

You can bet that if Mexico had a strong enough police state like the US has, that its cartels would be more underground and reigned in, instead of brazen.

Mexico's efforts at gun control arguably don't work. But China's efforts do. China's government, love them or hate them- really has their shit together. Instead of whining about something being too difficult to regulate or micromanage, they usually find or devise a way to get it done anyways. The Chinese are as tyrannical and cutthroat as is necessary to achieve all of their national aims.

Most Americans would find emulating CCP China in regards to anything to be a problem. You don't of course so it doesn't apply to you.

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:07 am

Gormwood wrote:Most Americans would find emulating CCP China in regards to anything to be a problem. You don't of course so it doesn't apply to you.

The country is in trouble arguably because the US didn't make as wise decisions as China did. China is objectively becoming a richer and more powerful nation because their methods must work. Ethics took a backseat to profit and progress for China and it apparently worked if businesses the world over all gave China plenty of money to become the world's factory, from which they invested into more advanced industry and grander projects.

China's education system churned out workers while the US' K-12 systems taught a bunch of Hippy nonsense that isn't valued in the real world, and set too many people up for failure in insisting that it is only ever about college.

Like him or hate him, Donald Trump is mostly right when he says that the US was led for too long by stupid or greedy people who sold most of us out to benefit other places to our detriment for too long.

The US is too damn busy wanting to prop up medical or retirement entitlements like Medicare and Social Security when there is nothing truly special about either program, it is supporting idle or injured people that're currently not in full health or aren't producing value. It does nothing to advance the nation in terms of wealth or leverage like building 1,000+ newer nuclear plants might as one example.

So long as the US national priorities are bad, the poorer and weaker it is going to become over time.
Last edited by Saiwania on Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:17 am, edited 4 times in total.
Sith Acolyte

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:54 pm

Totenborg wrote:
Cappuccina wrote:This^

Oh, sure because handing more power to an already corrupt organization always works out.

If you bothered to read what I've said, I already mentioned that problem. However, that's still better than letting cartels do whatever the fuck they want in broad fucking daylight. They'll only be given the power to shoot and kill or capture KNOWN cartel members not just any random joe.
Last edited by Chernoslavia on Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive? Or if during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand? The Organs would quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:58 pm

Euarsia wrote:
Iwassoclose wrote:Earlier saw that the cop that arrested el chapos son was gunned down in broad daylight. And I thinking why are these people even allowed to keep running around. Here is my solution allow the intelligence agencies, police, militias and the military to use force against them with no repucssion. One extra step further then what Brazil is currently exploring. This would be a temporary solution tasked by a coalition of people with different political views avoid claims of oppression until the cartels have been sufficiently wiped out.

Steps

1) intelligence agencies identify and post information about the cartels in local, regional and country wide bulletins

2) local/federal government create bounties, for every dead/alive cartel member bought in is given a credit

3) civilians get involved by getting rewarded or ratting out other civilians in authority who has been turned or a member of cartel in hiding

4) civilian militias or private contractors also should be involved

Rinse and repeat until their strangle hold is gone from the black and regular markets

Problem solved, what do you think?

sounds like a purge to me

Yeah, a purging of actual scumbags. Who fucking cares besides Totenberg?
What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive? Or if during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand? The Organs would quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:02 pm

Cartels aren't going to just roll over. They already regularly engage in shootouts with the police, and will only become more violent if death becomes their only option. And anyway, they're the ones with hands on the civilians, so they can exert their influence much more effectively than the police, even with the methods that you have stated.

What is it with all these impractical "kill gang members" threads? Y'all clearly do not understand that when one guy leaves earth, another guy is inducted to take his place, it's like a friend group.

As I said a few days ago when someone posted the exact same thread:
People don't join gangs just to kill people, a lot of people join gangs because they want protection, or they have some sort of underlying issues at home or elsewhere that hasn't been addressed, and they need basic human attention. Killing gang members will only serve to make the police AND other gangs opps. The police already are distrusted, no need to arrest anyone who hung out with someone at Wendy's once and shoot them.
Last edited by The South Falls on Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:08 pm

The South Falls wrote:Cartels aren't going to just roll over. They already regularly engage in shootouts with the police, and will only become more violent if death becomes their only option. And anyway, they're the ones with hands on the civilians, so they can exert their influence much more effectively than the police, even with the methods that you have stated.

What is it with all these impractical "kill gang members" threads? Y'all clearly do not understand that when one guy leaves earth, another guy is inducted to take his place, it's like a friend group.

People don't join gangs just to kill people, a lot of people join gangs because they want protection, or they have some sort of underlying issues at home or elsewhere that hasn't been addressed, and they need basic human attention. Killing gang members will only serve to make the police AND other gangs opps. The police already are distrusted, no need to arrest anyone who hung out with someone at Wendy's once and shoot them.

Their compliance isn't a factor. They don't have the means to fend off a well armed military.

Cartels aren't bloods and cribs or some local street gang. They're organized syndicates who have literal fucking psychopaths in their ranks, not some poor kid from Detroit with family issues. Fuck them.
Last edited by Chernoslavia on Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Nimzonia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2004
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Nimzonia » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:59 pm

Saiwania wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:Why cause untold suffering and countless deaths when you can just legalize the drugs and cause the death of the cartel in a few weeks. You notice the Chicago mob wars ended after prohibition ceased. Guess why

We're not talking about just alcohol or some victimless crime. These are hard drugs that need to stay illegal, because those drugs are more correlated with severe addiction, death, or mental deterioration. There are no legitimate uses for cocaine, heroin, meth, etc. like there might be for marijuana (not the synthetic kind).

Problem is, banning them achieves absolutely fuck all. Are there actually people out there who want to use cocaine or heroin but decide not to because it's illegal?

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:04 pm

Saiwania wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:I see you didn't read the article on the safety of drugs at all. Alcohol is definitely one of the most dangerous drugs, and if you think it's not, it's only because you haven't seen it destroy people's lives. I have. It's far more dangerous than most illegal drugs in America

Only because alcohol is so widespread and common. If illegal drugs were legitimized, people can be sure that something like bath salts will become more of a common problem than it is now because its illegal and kept underground- which the majority of the population doesn't partake in by default.

If you're not comfortable with say, a 5 year old getting their hands on meth via someone leaving a bag unattended- then you shouldn't be in favor of it being legalized. At least with alcohol, usually someone gets drunk as opposed to dying or going to the hospital and driving up a bunch of medical costs.

No one forced my dad to drink alcohol, it is his fault if he stayed addicted. It is easy enough to quit cold turkey, not the case with something like cocaine or meth. Plenty of people exist that drink responsibly or pay attention to their body wanting them to quit the habit. I by and large, don't see the same being the case with hard drugs. Thus objectively speaking, alcohol is clearly not the worst widely available drug in existence.

Funny, did you know that many soldiers did heroin in Vietnam and came back without addiction issues? Clearly alcohol isn't the only drug one can quit cold turkey
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:04 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:
The South Falls wrote:Cartels aren't going to just roll over. They already regularly engage in shootouts with the police, and will only become more violent if death becomes their only option. And anyway, they're the ones with hands on the civilians, so they can exert their influence much more effectively than the police, even with the methods that you have stated.

Their compliance isn't a factor. They don't have the means to fend off a well armed military.

Cartels aren't bloods and cribs or some local street gang. They're organized syndicates who have literal fucking psychopaths in their ranks, not some poor kid from Detroit with family issues. Fuck them.

"They don't have the means to fend off a well armed military"

I guess you didn't see the news recently
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:19 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:

"They don't have the means to fend off a well armed military"

I guess you didn't see the news recently

I have. My statement stands.

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Ghalbaria
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Ghalbaria » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:25 pm

Not only is this naive, but plain insane. Have fun being a fascist psychopath I guess.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General