NATION

PASSWORD

Rhapsody in TET

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:12 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:ugh. Learning Amazon Cloud as part of trying to find a new job. Some interesting and some boring. Next week; tech interview at Facebook. I fear the programming part. Never programmed with somebody watching me before.

That's easy. When they say, okay, go ahead, you just start taking your clothes off. When they ask what the fuck you're doing, say, "This is how I do my best work. Of course, you could not stand there looking over my shoulder, too."
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:16 pm

New Paine wrote:
Farnhamia wrote: :eyebrow: Not the sort of thing you want to be bruiting about in a Mod's favorite thread.

I’m autistic myself, and I’m speaking of a group of people that like to talk shit but then can’t back it up. Not specifically about autistic people.

Doesnt matter, in other phrasing it's a violation of site rules.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:18 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:ugh. Learning Amazon Cloud as part of trying to find a new job. Some interesting and some boring. Next week; tech interview at Facebook. I fear the programming part. Never programmed with somebody watching me before.

Just imagine everybody naked while you are coding.

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:18 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:

I like my idea better.
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:21 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:Just imagine everybody naked while you are coding.

I like my idea better.

Looks. up....

I would think mine gives a better chance of landing the jerb, but to be honest, I like your idea better too.

BF listen to farn, she was a coder.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:24 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:I like my idea better.

Looks. up....

I would think mine gives a better chance of landing the jerb, but to be honest, I like your idea better too.

BF listen to farn, she was a coder.

I was. I took a couple of coding tests and no one ever stood over me while I did. How boring would that be, even for an HR apparatchik?

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:28 pm

Farnhamia wrote:

That's easy. When they say, okay, go ahead, you just start taking your clothes off. When they ask what the fuck you're doing, say, "This is how I do my best work. Of course, you could not stand there looking over my shoulder, too."

I actually like that. :D
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:29 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:

When was the last time you thought HAWT when looking at an IT person? Well.....there is Farn.......
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:32 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:

When was the last time you thought HAWT when looking at an IT person? Well.....there is Farn.......

I am in NYC you would be surprised.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:33 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:

:blush:

I was HAWT in my day and I still have moments. I'm trying to think ... I knew some good looking guys back in the day who were coders and some women who were systems analysts. One favored these knit dresses that ... *faints dead away from the memory*

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:33 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

I am in NYC you would be surprised.

Dang. My sister has been trying to get me to move there. Might have to think of a few things....then again I would have to kill all my in-laws to make that happen. You know how Italians are about their families.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:38 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:I am in NYC you would be surprised.

Dang. My sister has been trying to get me to move there. Might have to think of a few things....then again I would have to kill all my in-laws to make that happen. You know how Italians are about their families.

Take them to brooklyn, they will like it
There are jobs here, and if you are decent they pay real money, but the cost of living is very high.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:39 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

Take them to brooklyn, they will like it
There are jobs here, and if you are decent they pay real money, but the cost of living is very high.

It is, but hey, you gets what ya pays for.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:51 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

:blush:

I was HAWT in my day and I still have moments. I'm trying to think ... I knew some good looking guys back in the day who were coders and some women who were systems analysts. One favored these knit dresses that ... *faints dead away from the memory*

Yea yea yea. Hawt in my day still tend to be good looking. :twisted:

Back in the day; females in IT were an oddity. It was the boys club in my neck of the woods. Never understood that. Liked the idea of working with women. I used to tutor at the local community college. I couldn't get into Berkeley and yet the people I tutored did. I remember one kid where I literally dragged through his courses. He made it in. Some of the most beautiful code I had ever seen came from a couple Asian girls. Never knew what happened to them.

I forgot where I was going on this tangent. Post some pictures for we poor peasants! :D :twisted:

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:28 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Farnhamia wrote: :blush:

Back in the day; females in IT were an oddity. It was the boys club in my neck of the woods. Never understood that. Liked the idea of working with women. I used to tutor at the local community college. I couldn't get into Berkeley and yet the people I tutored did. I remember one kid where I literally dragged through his courses. He made it in. Some of the most beautiful code I had ever seen came from a couple Asian girls. Never knew what happened to them.

I forgot where I was going on this tangent. Post some pictures for we poor peasants! :D :twisted:

Well ...

I told Mr. Frazetta that the saberkitties were extinct by the time I was born but it was such a good likeness that I let it go. I didn't mind it being on the cover of that book, not much, though it was a little weird seeing it out of the corner of my eye in the bookstores.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:32 pm

Good luck!
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:48 pm

Luziyca wrote:

Good luck!

Thank you!

I am hopeful. I really liked the corporate headquarters.

They are thinking I could fit in augmented reality and I already have plans for them.

I also have possibilities with Amazon and Nutanex.....

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:13 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Luziyca wrote:Good luck!

Thank you!

They are thinking I could fit in augmented reality and I already have plans for them.

Hope Amazon won't be putting you in the warehouse.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:13 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

Well ...

I told Mr. Frazetta that the saberkitties were extinct by the time I was born but it was such a good likeness that I let it go. I didn't mind it being on the cover of that book, not much, though it was a little weird seeing it out of the corner of my eye in the bookstores.

Who did your hair?

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:16 pm

Luziyca wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
Thank you!

Hope Amazon won't be putting you in the warehouse.

Nope. Tech dude. :)

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:17 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Well ...

Who did your hair?

Indeed. I like dark hair. :twisted:

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:18 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Well ...

Who did your hair?

:p

I said, "Really, Frank?" and he said, "That's what they wanted over at Ace."

You can't argue with the publisher, I guess.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:23 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:Who did your hair?

:p

They know their market I guess.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:24 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Farnhamia wrote: :p

They know their market I guess.

True and on any given windy day ...

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:26 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Luziyca wrote:Hope Amazon won't be putting you in the warehouse.

Nope. Tech dude. :)

The bitcoin mines in the darkest depths of Amazon. Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General