NATION

PASSWORD

Rhapsody in TET

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Imperial Joseon
Minister

Founded: Dec 13, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Joseon » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:11 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Imperial Joseon wrote:
Oof, it feels the same way as if one's coughing inside a bus and shouting that one is from Wuhan.

They were brutal. I think most people heaved a sigh of relief when they were finally disbanded.

The question begs, though: Why was such a drink on the menu?
Champions - Sporting World Cup 10 (U-18),

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:13 pm

Imperial Joseon wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
They were brutal. I think most people heaved a sigh of relief when they were finally disbanded.

No idea.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Imperial Joseon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Joseon » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:15 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Imperial Joseon wrote:

No idea.

I thought people would be irate at the employees and the owner of the pub. :lol:

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:23 pm

Imperial Joseon wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Unless the place has some specialties, cocktails are rarely if ever on the menu.

Imperial Joseon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Joseon » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:29 pm

Heloin wrote:
Imperial Joseon wrote:

Unless the place has some specialties, cocktails are rarely if ever on the menu.

American has tons of cocktails. I guess the Irish just love beer and whisky?

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:32 pm

Imperial Joseon wrote:
Heloin wrote:Unless the place has some specialties, cocktails are rarely if ever on the menu.

We had prohibition, they didnt. Bathtub gin tastes like crap, the ingredients in a cocktail make it drinkable.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Imperial Joseon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Joseon » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:36 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Imperial Joseon wrote:

We had prohibition, they didnt. Bathtub gin tastes like crap, the ingredients in a cocktail make it drinkable.

Cocktails have interesting tastes for sure. My personal favourite is Vodka, though. It has a very clean taste.

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:39 pm

Imperial Joseon wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:We had prohibition, they didnt. Bathtub gin tastes like crap, the ingredients in a cocktail make it drinkable.

Cocktails have interesting tastes for sure. My personal favourite is Vodka, though. It has a very clean taste.

Rum & Coke for cocktails, Irish Mist for liquors, Lion for beer.

Imperial Joseon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Joseon » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:40 pm

Heloin wrote:
Imperial Joseon wrote:

Rum & Coke for cocktails, Irish Mist for liquors, Lion for beer.

For beer, Samuel Adams was the best for me. German beer has too much of a clean taste, so I can't taste the hops, and Canadian beer tastes like moose urine.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:41 pm

Imperial Joseon wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:We had prohibition, they didnt. Bathtub gin tastes like crap, the ingredients in a cocktail make it drinkable.

In the 1920's in america it tasted like turpentine, things like orange juice, and tomato juice made it tasty. Alcohol is much better these days.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Imperial Joseon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Joseon » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:42 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Imperial Joseon wrote:

In the 1920's in america it tasted like turpentine, things like orange juice, and tomato juice made it tasty. Alcohol is much better these days.

I mean, I don't mind if coffee tastes like orange or tomato, but if alcohol tastes like fruit juices, I wouldn't really want them.

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:43 pm

Imperial Joseon wrote:
Heloin wrote:Rum & Coke for cocktails, Irish Mist for liquors, Lion for beer.

For beer, Samuel Adams was the best for me. German beer has too much of a clean taste, so I can't taste the hops, and Canadian beer tastes like moose urine.

American beer tastes like water. Beer from Ceylon is where it’s at.
Last edited by Heloin on Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:43 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Imperial Joseon wrote:

Tastes good and makes you blind. A win win!

Imperial Joseon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Joseon » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:48 pm

Heloin wrote:
Imperial Joseon wrote:

American beer tastes like water. Beer from Ceylon is where it’s at.

Bit of a clean taste, for sure, but not too much to my taste buds.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:15 pm

Today's the day I just think a little bit more about myself while not going too much into the egoistic and narcissistic territory. :P

So... All these people going for work, and I'm pretty damn sure they are gonna have a lovely, lovely time at night.

On a side note, last Valentine's Day or so ago, there was a bouquet of flowers that were thrown into a trash bin. I'm seriously not sure what the actual hell happened, but... Can't be good, man. A perfectly good bouquet in a trash. As I like to say it, "Someone got kena dumped leh."
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Imperial Joseon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Joseon » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:30 pm

Valentine Z wrote:Today's the day I just think a little bit more about myself while not going too much into the egoistic and narcissistic territory. :P

So... All these people going for work, and I'm pretty damn sure they are gonna have a lovely, lovely time at night.

On a side note, last Valentine's Day or so ago, there was a bouquet of flowers that were thrown into a trash bin. I'm seriously not sure what the actual hell happened, but... Can't be good, man. A perfectly good bouquet in a trash. As I like to say it, "Someone got kena dumped leh."

It's still related to live, at least. :p

Czechostan
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 23, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Czechostan » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:47 pm

Valentine Z wrote:Today's the day I just think a little bit more about myself while not going too much into the egoistic and narcissistic territory. :P

Maybe they were saying happy valentine's day to the trash can. whoever thinks about the poor garbage cans on valentine's day? :(

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:50 pm

Man I sure wish I had a girlfriend this Valentine day. I had one last V day, but we broke up in june, and now I'm spending all my time getting thirsty for every girl at my job.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Czechostan
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 23, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Czechostan » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:52 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:Man I sure wish I had a girlfriend this Valentine day. I had one last V day, but we broke up in june, and now I'm spending all my time getting thirsty for every girl at my job.

do you have any girl you're particularly interested in? tomorrow's a good day to get her a present or do something special.

Imperial Joseon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Joseon » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:02 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:Man I sure wish I had a girlfriend this Valentine day. I had one last V day, but we broke up in june, and now I'm spending all my time getting thirsty for every girl at my job.

Give her a gift and ask her out on Valentine's Day.

Auremena
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Auremena » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:19 pm

The fact that the handle was plastic while the 75cl bottle was glass should have been even more than a tell than it being $18 that this was going to be a truly terrible whiskey.
NS's aviation and train sabelotodo.
Post-left anarchist and sad about it.
Killdash, Firsthome, Coffee Cakes, SSC, GCoCS, Snowy, Val, Aeqy, and Replevion are my bitches.
Foot worshipper: Lutvikkia. Dakky's mom, I had her with Nana.
The female Jim Morrison; not as talented, but just as attractive and self destructive. The one true heir to the throne of the Lizard King.
Some poetry I write sometimes
Tearing the MBTA a new one since 2014. The MTA too since 2016. Cover the world in trains 2030
COYS!

Imperial Joseon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Joseon » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:20 pm

Auremena wrote:The fact that the handle was plastic while the 75cl bottle was glass should have been even more than a tell than it being $18 that this was going to be a truly terrible whiskey.

What was the brand of that awful whiskey?

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:22 pm

The changes in temperature are doing a number to my head. It hurts a lot.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Auremena
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Auremena » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:23 pm

Imperial Joseon wrote:
Auremena wrote:The fact that the handle was plastic while the 75cl bottle was glass should have been even more than a tell than it being $18 that this was going to be a truly terrible whiskey.
What was the brand of that awful whiskey?
Canadian Mist...
I'll go for the 1L bottle of Evan Williams for $15 next time that stuff is drinkable from the bottle even if it stings a bit. This is like... No. I don't understand how I'm going to properly be able to medicate at this rate, this booze does not compel...
Killdash, Firsthome, Coffee Cakes, SSC, GCoCS, Snowy, Val, Aeqy, and Replevion are my bitches.
The female Jim Morrison; not as talented, but just as attractive and self destructive. The one true heir to the throne of the Lizard King.
Tearing the MBTA a new one since 2014. The MTA too since 2016. Cover the world in trains 2030
COYS!

Auremena
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Auremena » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:24 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:The changes in temperature are doing a number to my head. It hurts a lot.
Is it be outside for a bit weather yet? I can't wait for that again. There was snow last night not happy about that...
COYS!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General