NATION

PASSWORD

Racist Incident At Buffalo Wild Wings: Family Speaks Out

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Xuloqoia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 05, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Xuloqoia » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:47 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Xuloqoia wrote:
That are so godawful that they make Chicken McNuggets seem like God's gift.

>implying they aren't.

Not every chicken wing has what it takes to be the Eucharist.

McNuggets are only acceptable because McDonalds doesn't have good French Fries.
I may return for somewhat longer than I was initially expecting. Why am I here? No idea whatsoever. I really ought to find some way out of this place.

Also, the NS stats don't reflect my RL views, just to clarify.

Atkemri
Minister

Founded: Apr 14, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Atkemri » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:48 pm

Why is this newsworthy? If it did happen (I find it hard to believe that the servers and manager would go along with the racist) then it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. Hmm, now I want Buffalo Wild Wings.
ATKEMRIAN NATIONAL NEWS: Atkemrian police arrest ringleaders of massive human trafficking ring. 22 aressted with more predicted in the next few months.\150 people freed from the ring

ASP Foundation
No NS stats are used
A 16 civilization, according to this index.
Join my new NS super server!

Czechostan
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 23, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Czechostan » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:49 pm

Xuloqoia wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:>implying they aren't.

Not every chicken wing has what it takes to be the Eucharist.

I don't trust any of the so-called food McDonald's puts out...

The Lone Alliance
Powerbroker

Founded: May 25, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Lone Alliance » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:50 pm

They didn't even dogwhistle.... wow racists are getting lazy. I'd expect at least a "We don't like what they're saying they're being too loud, I can't eat with their ghetto talk" or some other bullshit, but no they just said it's cause they're Black?

Really I'm half wondering if it was the place itself kicking them out because they didn't want to deal with a party of 17 people.
Last edited by The Lone Alliance on Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger." -Herman Goering
--------------
War is cruelty, and you cannot refine it; -William Tecumseh Sherman

Xuloqoia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 05, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Xuloqoia » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:50 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
Xuloqoia wrote:

What the hell are you on about? both are great! You're psycho! :lol:

If the new TET was up, we could move this off-topic discussion there, but to my knowledge it isn't up yet.

Czechostan wrote:
Xuloqoia wrote:

I don't trust any of the so-called food McDonald's puts out...

I mean, McDoubles are pretty good...
I may return for somewhat longer than I was initially expecting. Why am I here? No idea whatsoever. I really ought to find some way out of this place.

Also, the NS stats don't reflect my RL views, just to clarify.

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:50 pm

I have skepticism that any of this even happened. This is probably just a Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton style shakedown of this business.

I'd say the White patron shouldn't need to sit next to this Black group if they don't want to, but that it should be on them to move themselves to a different table if they're so inclined, instead of the restaurant being obligated to move anyone else just to accomodate someone else.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Czechostan
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Czechostan » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:53 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
Atkemri wrote:Why is this newsworthy? If it did happen (I find it hard to believe that the servers and manager would go along with the racist) then it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. Hmm, now I want Buffalo Wild Wings.

Racism is bad mkay? Segregation is bad. So when small incidents like this happen, it's a blast from the past and should be talked about and condemned.

It's not a blast from the past, it's something that still goes on today.

The Lone Alliance
Powerbroker

Founded: May 25, 2005

Postby The Lone Alliance » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:55 pm

Atkemri wrote:Why is this newsworthy? If it did happen (I find it hard to believe that the servers and manager would go along with the racist) then it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. Hmm, now I want Buffalo Wild Wings.

I'm beginning to wonder if it was simply the place trying to get them to leave them out because they didn't want to deal with the party, I can't see how a company would kick out a party of 17 versus a party of 1 no matter what kind of regular customer they were.

Or if there was something else involved, unless that one person was the damn owner of the place and\or tipped with 100 dollar bills there has to be something else going on here.
Last edited by The Lone Alliance on Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger." -Herman Goering
--------------
War is cruelty, and you cannot refine it; -William Tecumseh Sherman

Atkemri
Minister

Founded: Apr 14, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Atkemri » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:58 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:

Racism is bad mkay? Segregation is bad. So when small incidents like this happen, it's a blast from the past and should be talked about and condemned.

I know racism is bad, but racist incidents happen daily? It really isn't newsworthy if this happened the way they said it did.
ATKEMRIAN NATIONAL NEWS: Atkemrian police arrest ringleaders of massive human trafficking ring. 22 aressted with more predicted in the next few months.\150 people freed from the ring

ASP Foundation
No NS stats are used
A 16 civilization, according to this index.
Join my new NS super server!

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:58 pm

Czechostan wrote:
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:I still question this. Being racist will lead to negative consequences like being fired, and one racist customer isn't worth it.

If you're of the same race of the racist person, and you're good at mental gymnastics as most people are, you can find a way.

I'm white and I can't, so I doubt. If someone is racist and thus can't sit next to black people, I would ask the racist to move or leave, not the black family.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:00 pm

Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 02, 2018
Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:03 pm

Costa Fierro wrote:
Bear Stearns wrote:
I'm a little skeptical as well. It's got all the usual things...

Person seemingly lashes out at minority at random for no apparent reason (how much you want a bet there's a back-and-forth escalation before this went down?)

"I can't believe it's year 20XX"

"What do I tell my kids?"

Not to mention that the article concludes with them leaving the restaurant anyways and going elsewhere, so it seems to have all worked out.

OK Boomer.

I'm probably younger than you.
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Czechostan
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Czechostan » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:04 pm

LiberNovusAmericae wrote:
Czechostan wrote:If you're of the same race of the racist person, and you're good at mental gymnastics as most people are, you can find a way.

I'm white and I can't, so I doubt. If someone is racist and thus can't sit next to black people, I would ask the racist to move or leave, not the black family.

Good on you. But there's still a big portion of people in this country who would take the side of the racists. I don't think that's debatable.

Czechostan
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Czechostan » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:05 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
Czechostan wrote:It's not a blast from the past, it's something that still goes on today.

Exactly. It shouldn't be going on today, segregation ended like 50 years ago.

So yeah it's a blast from the past.

The US is still very segregated, even just by glancing at a map of racial demographics.

https://demographics.virginia.edu/DotMap/index.html

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:30 pm

Something here seems fishy. I can get the customer being a jerk, but why the hell would employees move a table of 17 people because one customer was a moron? They know it'll be bad for business, and that this sort of shit goes down very badly, so just...why?
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Emulation White
Spokesperson

Founded: May 05, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Emulation White » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:19 pm

Such a boring and uninteresting "story", but some groups are protected and get spotlight status so the media companies can make a quick buck. I wonder if these companies would like to hear about all the times I've been called a cracker, all the times I've had to listen to people of color talking shit on my Race, how fun it is to be a White Man in a United States jail, how many times we've been unjustly murdered by police, or how on your first day in a black school, you get punched in the chest and asked: "is your heart beating, White Boy?"

But some he said/she said bullshit goes down at a fuckin' Buffalo Wild Wings, and people are expected to get those wagging fingers erect for some prime time moral posturing. I don't wish to be inflammatory but this shit is fucking ridiculous and because of the color of my skin, I have to pay the price.

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:25 pm

Sucks, but the silver lining is that maybe this will drive down their business and get people to go to a good restaurant.
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:31 pm

Emulation White wrote: I wonder if these companies would like to hear about all the times I've been called a cracker

Do you actually think “cracker” is a racial slur
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:32 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Something here seems fishy. I can get the customer being a jerk, but why the hell would employees move a table of 17 people because one customer was a moron? They know it'll be bad for business, and that this sort of shit goes down very badly, so just...why?

The media doesn’t care to show the whole story, we learned that with Nathan Phillips. I suspect this isn’t the whole story
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Emulation White
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Emulation White » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:32 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
Emulation White wrote:Such a boring and uninteresting "story", but some groups are protected and get spotlight status so the media companies can make a quick buck. I wonder if these companies would like to hear about all the times I've been called a cracker, all the times I've had to listen to people of color talking shit on my Race, how fun it is to be a White Man in a United States jail, how many times we've been unjustly murdered by police, or how on your first day in a black school, you get punched in the chest and asked: "is your heart beating, White Boy?"

But some he said/she said bullshit goes down at a fuckin' Buffalo Wild Wings, and people are expected to get those wagging fingers erect for some prime time moral posturing. I don't wish to be inflammatory but this shit is fucking ridiculous and because of the color of my skin, I have to pay the price.

You have it better compared to minorities but it still sucks overall you know?

I honestly want to know who's a minority, because almost every other race outnumbers us by wide margins and this is a post borders world we live in. You think I have it better? How? Our history has been one catastrophe after another and everybody has always been trying to murder, subjugate and enslave us. Don't tell me I have it better, you don't know shit about being poor or White. White people aren't shit to this world but a commodity to be exploited and discarded. Nobody respects us, appreciates us, or gives a shit about us on a collective basis; especially the ones that actually come from us.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:33 pm

Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:34 pm

Aureumterra wrote:
Emulation White wrote: I wonder if these companies would like to hear about all the times I've been called a cracker

Yes, but it's not what they actually call us when no one is around. It's too old fashioned.
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Emulation White
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Emulation White » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:43 pm

Aureumterra wrote:

Yes, I do, especially since it's spoken with the intent to disrespect and degrade. Are you implying that because of the color of my skin, I don't even have the right to be offended at being racially degraded? I guess that really is how worthless I am to society.

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:44 pm

Emulation White wrote:
Aureumterra wrote:Do you actually think “cracker” is a racial slur

Yes, I do, especially since it's spoken with the intent to disrespect and degrade. Are you implying that because of the color of my skin, I don't even have the right to be offended at being racially degraded? I guess that really is how worthless I am to society.

The thing is, no black person under 30 calls us crackers. Just go on black twitter to see what they really call us these days lol.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Saturna1ia
Envoy

Founded: Jun 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Saturna1ia » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:46 pm

Hey all. This really did happen. There's no need for "skepticism" and there's nothing "fishy" about the situation. Racism, even comically stupid racism, exists whether you want to believe it or not. Bad judgements were made by managers of the company and the regular customer is a snowflake. The managers have been fired and customer banned from Buffalo Wild Wings. The company is in damage control mode as we speak.
A spacefaring Americana exploring Saturn's satellites, an ancient Roman festival, and a herd of wild capybaras.

Voted for Bernie Sanders in the 2016 and 2020 Primaries | Biden & Baldwin 2020 | Enjoying the representation of Senator Doug Jones while it lasts
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die."
- Roy Batty (Blade Runner 1982)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General