NATION

PASSWORD

Racist Incident At Buffalo Wild Wings: Family Speaks Out

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:38 am

State of Turelisa wrote:
Gormwood wrote:The douchebag explicitly mentioned not wanting to be near black people and you're making apologism for him.

No. Two members of staff explained to the customers when they were conveying the request they move and the reason for it that they believed the complainants were racist; they complainants denied this strongly to the police, and those staff have been dismissed.

From the OP:

The host setting up their table told them that a customer, who was a regular, did not want to be seated next to them because of their race.

You're still making apologism for a racist.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

NoAvailability
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 28, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby NoAvailability » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:43 am

Saiwania wrote:Those who have or earn more money, often believe that someone who earns less than they do is beneath them- on a subconscious level.

Not only in America, it's like that over the pond as well. Though I guess here in central Europe there's nothing "subconscious" about it...

State of Turelisa
Diplomat

Founded: May 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby State of Turelisa » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:49 am

Gormwood wrote: You're still making apologism for a racist.

Apologism is defending and justifying. I've taken a neutral stance.
Last edited by State of Turelisa on Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:53 am

State of Turelisa wrote:
Gormwood wrote: You're still making apologism for a racist.

Rationalizing is included.

State of Turelisa wrote:It's not fair to suppose the customer didn't want to share his space with black people; it's possible they're extroverted people and they were behaving in a brash way which he found a source of constant irritation and his angry glances may have been a way of conveying to them how he felt about their conduct;
it's possible they are the classic example of the inverse ratio between the size of the mouth and the size of the brain and have scant self-awareness, and, with the facile thought typical of the obtuse, attribute the distasteful looks that they often attract in public to the colour of their skin; it's also possible their egos have been given a kicking and were hoping to exact revenge with false appeals of victimhood to the public and the police, who, having investigated, found no evidence of racist criminality.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:52 am

Gormwood wrote:
State of Turelisa wrote:

Rationalizing is included.

State of Turelisa wrote:It's not fair to suppose the customer didn't want to share his space with black people; it's possible they're extroverted people and they were behaving in a brash way which he found a source of constant irritation and his angry glances may have been a way of conveying to them how he felt about their conduct;
it's possible they are the classic example of the inverse ratio between the size of the mouth and the size of the brain and have scant self-awareness, and, with the facile thought typical of the obtuse, attribute the distasteful looks that they often attract in public to the colour of their skin; it's also possible their egos have been given a kicking and were hoping to exact revenge with false appeals of victimhood to the public and the police, who, having investigated, found no evidence of racist criminality.

Of course that's also ignoring that Buffalo Wild Wings just hates customers in general, what with the guy they killed.

Also, how is one "neutral" on race? You either let your prejudices rule you or you don't.

I have my own prejudices, but I don't let them dominate my mind, whether it's "extroverted" people or people of a different culture or color.
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:56 am

The Rich Port wrote:
Gormwood wrote:Rationalizing is included.

Of course that's also ignoring that Buffalo Wild Wings just hates customers in general, what with the guy they killed.

Also, how is one "neutral" on race? You either let your prejudices rule you or you don't.

I have my own prejudices, but I don't let them dominate my mind, whether it's "extroverted" people or people of a different culture or color.

Wasn't the guy who got bugsprayed an employee who huffed the shit he was cleaning up?

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:10 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Munkcestrian Republic wrote:who the fuck is a "regular patron" of "Buffalo Wild Wings"

You would be surprised. I worked with a guy who would tell you he regularly ate at McDonalds. Why? Limited income and it filled him.

The problem with the country is fast food is cheaper then healthy food.

You aren't wrong. However, if you give people a choice, even at the same price point, I have a feeling the fast food will be a winner for ease of use. I'm also not sure the vast majority of the country knows how to cook anymore. Most people don't among my age bracket, I am an outlier. You'd need to pair such an initiative with cooking courses in high school or something.

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:12 pm

Well, the staff certainly had no obligation to ask the family to move regardless of the other guy's feelings, so I'd sack them for doing that.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:15 pm

The New California Republic wrote:
Katganistan wrote:We should also have training in how not to be asshole customers to service workers, to be fair.

Given the rising number of incidents of verbal abuse and violence directed against people who work in the service industry, this is probably something that schools should cover, to reduce said incidents in adulthood. Maybe some class role play would help etc.

Karen will no doubt claim that it's sexist for her not vent her rage at the manager.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General