NATION

PASSWORD

Racist Incident At Buffalo Wild Wings: Family Speaks Out

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nouveau Quebecois
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 22, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:46 pm

Xuloqoia wrote:
Eternal Lotharia wrote:Spicy.

Wings.

That are so godawful that they make Chicken McNuggets seem like God's gift.

>implying they aren't.

Not every chicken wing has what it takes to be the Eucharist.
.Vive le Québec Libre.
============
============
============
New Quebec State
Quebecwave | The Francosphère Council | [Q&A]
A theocratic republic dedicated to God himself, seated in the Francophone heart of North America. NS Stats still in the trunk.
"Je me souviens, que né sous le lys, je croîs sous la croix." | "I remember, that born under the lily, I grew under the cross."
 = The Montreal Gazette - November 1995: [...] Fencing Teams compete to win the national slot for the épée & sabre categories in the upcoming Bunicken Tournament. [...] The National Orchestra plans a symphony exclusive to only ethnic Quebecois based on the religious culture and social heritage of Montreal. "It will be an extravagant performance" declares Lead Conductor Romalov. [...] 

Czechostan
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 23, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Czechostan » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:46 pm

Side 3 wrote:
Czechostan wrote:I mean, I doubt the manager and the employees had the long-term economic future of b-dubs in mind. It's not like corporate supported this, since they fired the employees involved.

But surely they would know that this would cost them their jobs? I mean it doesn't take a genius to realize that moving a large group of customers for such an absurd reason is a terrible idea.

Well, racism is entirely irrational, but it doesn't stop people from being racist. There's plenty of examples of people trashing minorities in history with seemingly no idea of what the repurcussions will be.

Aeritai
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 25, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Aeritai » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:47 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:Can we have more then one source, not including the Facebook post.

Sure, here is two news sources that cover the same thing.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/buf ... t-incident

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.co ... index.html
I am a Human Male
Profile Pic Credit goes to Original Artist
Pro: Vaccines, Civil Rights, Cops, Christian, Pro-Life, Globe Earth, and Peace
Neutral: LGBT, Democrat, and Republican
Anti: Anti-Vaxxers, Flat Earth, and Global Warming

Czechostan
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Czechostan » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:47 pm

LiberNovusAmericae wrote:
Czechostan wrote:I mean, I doubt the manager and the employees had the long-term economic future of b-dubs in mind. It's not like corporate supported this, since they fired the employees involved.

I still question this. Being racist will lead to negative consequences like being fired, and one racist customer isn't worth it.

If you're of the same race of the racist person, and you're good at mental gymnastics as most people are, you can find a way.

Xuloqoia
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 05, 2019

Postby Xuloqoia » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:47 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Xuloqoia wrote:
That are so godawful that they make Chicken McNuggets seem like God's gift.

>implying they aren't.

McNuggets are only acceptable because McDonalds doesn't have good French Fries.
Equality · Humanity · Work

Is the user formerly known as The Supreme Magnificent High Swaglord; add roughly 6,000+ posts to the count.

Atkemri
Minister

Founded: Apr 14, 2017
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Atkemri » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:48 pm

Why is this newsworthy? If it did happen (I find it hard to believe that the servers and manager would go along with the racist) then it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. Hmm, now I want Buffalo Wild Wings.
ATKEMRIAN NATIONAL NEWS: Election season is starting up/Early polls show the Libertarian Association of Atkemri may gain some seats

ASP Foundation
No NS stats are used
A 16 civilization, according to this index.
Join my new NS super server!

Eternal Lotharia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 27, 2017

Postby Eternal Lotharia » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:49 pm

Xuloqoia wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:>implying they aren't.

What the hell are you on about? both are great! You're psycho! :lol:
#Yang2020
Left-Wing Christian Pro-Life Pragmatic Populist. Oregonian.
A little too obsessed with food.
Farnhamia wrote:
Geneviev wrote:You scare me sometimes, Loth.

"Local Candidate Admits To Enjoying Human Flesh; Police Seeking Missing Family Members"

Czechostan
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Czechostan » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:49 pm

Xuloqoia wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:>implying they aren't.

I don't trust any of the so-called food McDonald's puts out...

The Lone Alliance
Negotiator

Founded: May 25, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Lone Alliance » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:50 pm

They didn't even dogwhistle.... wow racists are getting lazy. I'd expect at least a "We don't like what they're saying they're being too loud, I can't eat with their ghetto talk" or some other bullshit, but no they just said it's cause they're Black?

Really I'm half wondering if it was the place itself kicking them out because they didn't want to deal with a party of 17 people.
Last edited by The Lone Alliance on Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger." -Herman Goering
--------------
War is cruelty, and you cannot refine it; -William Tecumseh Sherman

Eternal Lotharia
Postmaster-General

Postby Eternal Lotharia » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:50 pm

Atkemri wrote:Why is this newsworthy? If it did happen (I find it hard to believe that the servers and manager would go along with the racist) then it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. Hmm, now I want Buffalo Wild Wings.

Racism is bad mkay? Segregation is bad. So when small incidents like this happen, it's a blast from the past and should be talked about and condemned.
#Yang2020
Farnhamia wrote:

"Local Candidate Admits To Enjoying Human Flesh; Police Seeking Missing Family Members"

Xuloqoia
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 05, 2019

Postby Xuloqoia » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:50 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
Xuloqoia wrote:

What the hell are you on about? both are great! You're psycho! :lol:

If the new TET was up, we could move this off-topic discussion there, but to my knowledge it isn't up yet.

Czechostan wrote:
Xuloqoia wrote:

I don't trust any of the so-called food McDonald's puts out...

I mean, McDoubles are pretty good...
Equality · Humanity · Work

Is the user formerly known as The Supreme Magnificent High Swaglord; add roughly 6,000+ posts to the count.

Saiwania
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 30, 2008

Postby Saiwania » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:50 pm

I have skepticism that any of this even happened. This is probably just a Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton style shakedown of this business.

I'd say the White patron shouldn't need to sit next to this Black group if they don't want to, but that it should be on them to move themselves to a different table if they're so inclined, instead of the restaurant being obligated to move anyone else just to accomodate someone else.
Give not thy strength unto women, nor thy ways to that which destroyeth kings.

Czechostan
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Czechostan » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:53 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
Atkemri wrote:Why is this newsworthy? If it did happen (I find it hard to believe that the servers and manager would go along with the racist) then it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. Hmm, now I want Buffalo Wild Wings.

Racism is bad mkay? Segregation is bad. So when small incidents like this happen, it's a blast from the past and should be talked about and condemned.

It's not a blast from the past, it's something that still goes on today.

The Lone Alliance
Negotiator

Founded: May 25, 2005

Postby The Lone Alliance » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:55 pm

I'm beginning to wonder if it was simply the place trying to get them to leave them out because they didn't want to deal with the party, I can't see how a company would kick out a party of 17 versus a party of 1 no matter what kind of regular customer they were.

Or if there was something else involved, unless that one person was the damn owner of the place and\or tipped with 100 dollar bills there has to be something else going on here.
Last edited by The Lone Alliance on Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger." -Herman Goering
--------------
War is cruelty, and you cannot refine it; -William Tecumseh Sherman

Atkemri
Minister

Founded: Apr 14, 2017
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Atkemri » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:58 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:

I know racism is bad, but racist incidents happen daily? It really isn't newsworthy if this happened the way they said it did.
ATKEMRIAN NATIONAL NEWS: Election season is starting up/Early polls show the Libertarian Association of Atkemri may gain some seats

ASP Foundation
No NS stats are used
A 16 civilization, according to this index.
Join my new NS super server!

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 10, 2018

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:58 pm

Czechostan wrote:
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:I still question this. Being racist will lead to negative consequences like being fired, and one racist customer isn't worth it.

If you're of the same race of the racist person, and you're good at mental gymnastics as most people are, you can find a way.

I'm white and I can't, so I doubt. If someone is racist and thus can't sit next to black people, I would ask the racist to move or leave, not the black family.
Nova Cyberia wrote:Thank you. I appreciate your respect for my low opinion of you.
Call me Liber for short.
Not to be confused with Novus America. We are different people with very different political opinions.

Eternal Lotharia
Postmaster-General

Postby Eternal Lotharia » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:59 pm

Czechostan wrote:
Eternal Lotharia wrote:Racism is bad mkay? Segregation is bad. So when small incidents like this happen, it's a blast from the past and should be talked about and condemned.

It's not a blast from the past, it's something that still goes on today.

Exactly. It shouldn't be going on today, segregation ended like 50 years ago.

So yeah it's a blast from the past.
#Yang2020
Farnhamia wrote:

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:00 pm

Freedom ... or cake. ~ Ashmoria (RIP)
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo

Bear Stearns
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 02, 2018
Corporate Bordello

Postby Bear Stearns » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:03 pm

Costa Fierro wrote:
Bear Stearns wrote:
I'm a little skeptical as well. It's got all the usual things...

Person seemingly lashes out at minority at random for no apparent reason (how much you want a bet there's a back-and-forth escalation before this went down?)

"I can't believe it's year 20XX"

"What do I tell my kids?"

Not to mention that the article concludes with them leaving the restaurant anyways and going elsewhere, so it seems to have all worked out.

OK Boomer.

I'm probably younger than you.
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Czechostan
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Czechostan » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:04 pm

LiberNovusAmericae wrote:
Czechostan wrote:If you're of the same race of the racist person, and you're good at mental gymnastics as most people are, you can find a way.

I'm white and I can't, so I doubt. If someone is racist and thus can't sit next to black people, I would ask the racist to move or leave, not the black family.

Good on you. But there's still a big portion of people in this country who would take the side of the racists. I don't think that's debatable.

Czechostan
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Czechostan » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:05 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
Czechostan wrote:It's not a blast from the past, it's something that still goes on today.

Exactly. It shouldn't be going on today, segregation ended like 50 years ago.

So yeah it's a blast from the past.

The US is still very segregated, even just by glancing at a map of racial demographics.

https://demographics.virginia.edu/DotMap/index.html

Greater vakolicci haven
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 09, 2014
Anarchy

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:30 pm

Something here seems fishy. I can get the customer being a jerk, but why the hell would employees move a table of 17 people because one customer was a moron? They know it'll be bad for business, and that this sort of shit goes down very badly, so just...why?

Emulation White
Spokesperson

Founded: May 05, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Emulation White » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:19 pm

Such a boring and uninteresting "story", but some groups are protected and get spotlight status so the media companies can make a quick buck. I wonder if these companies would like to hear about all the times I've been called a cracker, all the times I've had to listen to people of color talking shit on my Race, how fun it is to be a White Man in a United States jail, how many times we've been unjustly murdered by police, or how on your first day in a black school, you get punched in the chest and asked: "is your heart beating, White Boy?"

But some he said/she said bullshit goes down at a fuckin' Buffalo Wild Wings, and people are expected to get those wagging fingers erect for some prime time moral posturing. I don't wish to be inflammatory but this shit is fucking ridiculous and because of the color of my skin, I have to pay the price.

Eternal Lotharia
Postmaster-General

Postby Eternal Lotharia » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:21 pm

Emulation White wrote:Such a boring and uninteresting "story", but some groups are protected and get spotlight status so the media companies can make a quick buck. I wonder if these companies would like to hear about all the times I've been called a cracker, all the times I've had to listen to people of color talking shit on my Race, how fun it is to be a White Man in a United States jail, how many times we've been unjustly murdered by police, or how on your first day in a black school, you get punched in the chest and asked: "is your heart beating, White Boy?"

But some he said/she said bullshit goes down at a fuckin' Buffalo Wild Wings, and people are expected to get those wagging fingers erect for some prime time moral posturing. I don't wish to be inflammatory but this shit is fucking ridiculous and because of the color of my skin, I have to pay the price.

You have it better compared to minorities but it still sucks overall you know?
#Yang2020
Farnhamia wrote:

Cekoviu
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cekoviu » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:25 pm

Sucks, but the silver lining is that maybe this will drive down their business and get people to go to a good restaurant.
В каком автобусе вы живете? А почему?
she/her
I often leave my posts unintentionally vague, so if you find yourself needing to make assumptions to piece together my positions, please just ask me to clarify.
Torrocca wrote:"Your honor, it was not mein fault! I didn't order the systematic genocide of millions of people, it was the twenty kilograms of pure-cut Bavarian cocaine that did it!"
Liriena wrote:anyone to the left of Pinochet: *exists*

right-wingers: wat about vuvuzelaaa lmao gottem

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General