NATION

PASSWORD

#protectjamesyounger

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Risastorstein
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Risastorstein » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:17 am

Page wrote:Should I give more examples of trans kids committing suicide because of parents who suppressed their gender identity?

Should I give examples of mothers who primarily kill their male children instead of their female ones?

Stop medicalizing gender in kids. Stop affirming what is mostly play pretend. The main justification behind this case is fricking Frozen.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:17 am

Israeli Empiratic Commonwealth wrote:
Ifreann wrote:Sounds more like Younger manipulating his daughter to suit his own transphobic agenda.

Then you cant read.

Did you miss the long list of abusive behaviours the father has engaged in?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Israeli Empiratic Commonwealth
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Israeli Empiratic Commonwealth » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:18 am

Page wrote:
Israeli Empiratic Commonwealth wrote:Then you cant read.

Apparently you can't read because the court transcripts and the father's own words indicate exactly that.

The mother told the boy he is a girl.
She dressed him.
Painted his nails.
Wake the fuck up.
EMT for Moreau EMS Squad
Naval Sea Cadet Petty Officer
Maple and Chicken Farmer (Gotta love the eggs and pancakes)
Extreme American Nationalist
Republican Upstate New Yorker (deal with it).
Proud enemy of Nazis (because Jewish vs. Aryan).
Proud enemy of Communists (because independence vs. collectivism).
Proud enemy of Progressives (because morals vs. make-believe).
Somewhat of an LGB ally, not the T or the Q or anything + though
Straight as a gun barrel.
Gun lover (clearly).
4 siblings (oldest brother, and proud to be so).
Teenage former rebel.
BACA supporter.
Proud leader of The Free Republican Commonwealth

In love.
If you can read this, thank a teacher!
If you are reading this in English, thank a soldier!

My belief here was censored.

Israeli Empiratic Commonwealth
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Israeli Empiratic Commonwealth » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:18 am

Risastorstein wrote:
Page wrote:Should I give more examples of trans kids committing suicide because of parents who suppressed their gender identity?

Should I give examples of mothers who primarily kill their male children instead of their female ones?

Stop medicalizing gender in kids. Stop affirming what is mostly play pretend. The main justification behind this case is fricking Frozen.

Well said.
EMT for Moreau EMS Squad
Naval Sea Cadet Petty Officer
Maple and Chicken Farmer (Gotta love the eggs and pancakes)
Extreme American Nationalist
Republican Upstate New Yorker (deal with it).
Proud enemy of Nazis (because Jewish vs. Aryan).
Proud enemy of Communists (because independence vs. collectivism).
Proud enemy of Progressives (because morals vs. make-believe).
Somewhat of an LGB ally, not the T or the Q or anything + though
Straight as a gun barrel.
Gun lover (clearly).
4 siblings (oldest brother, and proud to be so).
Teenage former rebel.
BACA supporter.
Proud leader of The Free Republican Commonwealth

In love.
If you can read this, thank a teacher!
If you are reading this in English, thank a soldier!

My belief here was censored.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:19 am

Cekoviu wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:I’m not denying that. I just tend to believe that therapy works better long term.

You're free to believe that, but it's incorrect here.

Wouldn’t be the first time
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 02, 2018
Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:19 am

Cekoviu wrote:
Bear Stearns wrote:
That the IPO was unjustifiable.

Ok

Handle the blocking and tackling, I'll socialize it with the board. Don't boil the ocean on this and then we'll give the investors a peak into the kimono.
Last edited by Bear Stearns on Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:20 am

Risastorstein wrote:

Stop engaging in whataboutism because you don't want to address the father's abusive behaviour.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:20 am

Page wrote:
Apparently you can't read because the court transcripts and the father's own words indicate exactly that.

The mother told the boy he is a girl.
She dressed him.
Painted his nails.
Wake the fuck up.

So yes, you're ignoring the father's actually abusive behaviour because you support him.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Risastorstein
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Risastorstein » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:21 am

Vassenor wrote:Stop engaging in whataboutism because you don't want to address the father's abusive behaviour.

Stop medicalizing gender is not a whataboutism. And give me some examples of his abuse (instead of just cutting hair and not using "Luna").

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:22 am

Risastorstein wrote:
Vassenor wrote:Stop engaging in whataboutism because you don't want to address the father's abusive behaviour.

Stop medicalizing gender is not a whataboutism. And give me some examples of his abuse (instead of just cutting hair and not using "Luna").

I did. You ignored it.

Vassenor wrote:
Risastorstein wrote:
You mean telling the little dude to dress appropriately and to use his real name? Then yes.

"In a video posted to the dad’s website, James is asked, “You’re a boy right?”

“No, I’m a girl.”

“Who told you you’re a girl?”

“Mommy.”

The child said Anne also put James in dresses. “She buys me headbands. She gets me hair clips…she paints my nails.”"

Messing with her boy's gender in order to satisfy her own desire for some kind of living doll is abuse too.

1) Petitioner and Respondent were married on December 5,2010.
2) Respondent induced Petitioner into marriage by fraud.
3) Before the marriage, Respondent lied to Petitioner about former marriages.
4) Before the marriage, Respondent lied to Petitioner about former relationships.
5) Before the marriage. Respondent lied to Petitioner about his education.
6) During the marriage. Respondent mislead Petitioner about being a Professor by having mail sent to him as "Professor Younger."
7) Before the marriage. Respondent lied to Petitioner about being a teacher at the University of North Texas.
8 ) Before the marriage. Respondent lied to Petitioner about his service in the Marines.
9) Before the marriage. Respondent lied to Petitioner about his military experience in the Army.
10) Before the marriage, Respondent lied to Petitioner about his prior income and earnings.
11) Before the marriage, Respondent lied to Petitioner about his sources of income.
12) Before the marriage. Respondent lied to Petitioner about his debt
13) Before the marriage. Respondent lied to Petitioner in failing to disclose extensive
student loans.
14) Before the marriage. Respondent lied to Petitioner about working for Fortune 500 companies.
15) Before the marriage, Respondent lied about his employment
16) Before the marriage. Respondent lied to Petitioner about his unemployment.
17) Before the marriage, Respondent lied to Petitioner about not taking unemployment compensation.
18) Respondent lied to Petitioner about taking government assistance.
19) Petitioner did not cohabitate with Respondent since learning of the fraud and lies listed above in No. 3 through 18.

Children
39) Respondent engaged in inappropriate and hurtful treatment of the Girls.
40) The Girls were good, sweet, hardworking well-mannered children.
41) Respondent forced the Girls to do plank push up for extended periods of time while reaing the "house rules" until the Girls cried.
42) Respondent would lock down the Girls* room and remove all their possession from their rooms and would not let them participate in family activities.
43) Respondent would put the Girls in "silent treatment" and they could not talk unless spoken to for many, many days.
44) Respondent's actions caused barm to the Girls.
45) One of the Girls developed a suicide plan
46) The other Girl was cutting herself.

47) Based in large part on his treatment of the Girls, Petitioner asked Respondent to move
out of the Petitioner's residence.
48) Both Girls improved after Respondent moved out of Petitioner's residence.
49) Respondent lied to the Petitioner about the Girls.
50) The Girls have a very good, safe and healthy relationship with the Boys.
51) Respondent failed to co-parent with the Petitioner.
52) Petitioner made repeated attempts to co-parent with Respondent.
53) Respondent failed to keep any agreements made with Petitioner during Parenting

Facilitation sessions.
54) Respondent treated the Petitioner and the Girls in a disparaging, derogatory, abusive and insulting manner.
55) Respondent is pejorative.
56) Petitioner works flexible hours and part-time on some days of the week.
57) Petitioner was the primary parent of the Qiildren even before the parties separated.
58) Respondent regularly failed to take possession time with the Boys granted to him in Temporary Orders in this matter.
59) Respondent regularly failed to take the Boys to school during his periods of possession.
60) Respondent regularly failed to allow the Petitioner electronic communication with the Boys.
61) Respondent lacked insight into how behaviors by him may be repeated with the Boys.
62) Respondent had 3 mattresses in one room on the floor for his bed and the Boy's beds.
63) Respondent admitted he had not slept in a bed for the 12 years before marrying
Petitioner.
64) Respondent admitted he could not recall the addresses of where he lived or who he lived with for the 10 years before meeting Petitioner.
65) Respondent failed to attend counseling as ordered by the Court.
66) The Respondent will say or do anything to get his way.

Other
99) Respondent lied and misrepresented facts to his employers and potential employers during the pendency of this matter.
100) During the marriage, the Respondent failed to seek employment.
101) After separation, Respondent lied about his role as a primary parent.
102) Respondent was not a stay-at-home dad as he alleged.
103) The Respondent made false allegations about the Girls potentially abusing the Boys.
104) The Respondent falsely asserted that the counselor (Gina Galloway) called CPS.
105) Gina Galloway (the counselor) denied notifying CPS about alleged abuse of the Boys by the Girls.
106) The Respondent does not have any college degrees, which is contrary to his representations.
107) The Respondent was never a Professor, which is contrary to his representations..
108) The Respondent was not a Professor at UNT, which is contrary to his representations.
109) The Respondent was discharged from the Army for "Admission of Homosexuality."
110) The Respondent denies being a homosexual at the time of discharge from the Army.
111) The Respondent lied to the Army about being a homosexual.
112) The Respondent admitted he had a difficult time finding a job that will accommodate
his child care schedule.
113) The Respondent's psychological profile suggests an opposition to authority figures and
lack of constraint.
114) The Respondent's psychological profile indicated interpersonal difficulties, difficulty with authority and convention, and that he externalizes blame for his problems onto
others.
115) The Respondent's psychological profile indicated he lacks insight into how his actions negatively affected the Girls, stating, "So I made them do push-ups... whoop-difreaking-do!"
116) Dr. Blake Mitchell was ordered to conduct a psychological exam of the parties.
117) After conducting a psychological exam and testing. Dr. Mitchell found Respondent's lack of insight into how his behaviors affect others raises a concern that he may repeat these behaviors with James and Jude (the Boys).
118) Based on his work on this matter. Dr. Mitchell found Respondent demonstrated a lack of willingness to effectively co-parent with Petitioner.
119) Based on his work on this matter. Dr. Mitchell found the Respondent's reluctance to co-parent with Petitioner could potential have negative outcomes for the Boys and interfere with making decisions that are in the best interest of the Boys.
120) Based on his work on this matter. Dr. Mitchell found Petitioner put forth significant effort to effectively co-parent with Respondent.
121) The collaterals presented by Petitioner described her and her parenting style in positive
terms.
122) Petitioner would not have married Respondent had she known about his fraud and misrepresentations.

So you support all of this, particularly the bolded?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Marxist Germany
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Germany » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:22 am

Vassenor wrote:
Israeli Empiratic Commonwealth wrote:The mother told the boy he is a girl.
She dressed him.
Painted his nails.
Wake the fuck up.

So yes, you're ignoring the father's actually abusive behaviour because you support him.

Both parents are bad. Period.
Author of GA#461, GA#470, GA#477, GA#481, GA#486 (co-author), and SC#295

Former delegate of The United Federations; citizen and former Senior Senator of 10000 Islands; 113th Knight of TITO

Risastorstein
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Risastorstein » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:24 am

Vassenor wrote:So yes, you're ignoring the father's actually abusive behaviour because you support him.

Give me some examples then. And there are also accounts from family friends witnesses that it's pushed by the mother. So you are supporting her and her abuse.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:24 am

Risastorstein wrote:
Risastorstein wrote:A boy forced into being a girl to prove a shady theory or therapy?
The New California Republic wrote:That wasn't the case with David Reimer, and it isn't the case here.

In David Reimer's case, John Money wanted to prove that gender was purely social. In James Younger's case, they want to make medical transition the norm. It's so wrong.

It wasn't the reason for it in the first case, and it isn't the reason for it in the second.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:25 am

Risastorstein wrote:

If a father cut the hair of a cisgender girl, called the cisgender girl by a male name and male pronouns, and didn't let the cisgender girl wear feminine clothes, would you say that is abusive?

I think you would, because the irony here is the father is the one doing what you accuse the mother of doing - forcing an unwanted gender identity on the child.
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

The Emerald Legion
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 18, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Emerald Legion » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:26 am

Page wrote:
Risastorstein wrote:

If a father cut the hair of a cisgender girl, called the cisgender girl by a male name and male pronouns, and didn't let the cisgender girl wear feminine clothes, would you say that is abusive?

I think you would, because the irony here is the father is the one doing what you accuse the mother of doing - forcing an unwanted gender identity on the child.

Children don't have gender identities.
"23.The unwise man is awake all night, and ponders everything over; when morning comes he is weary in mind, and all is a burden as ever." - Havamal

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:26 am

Risastorstein wrote:
Vassenor wrote:So yes, you're ignoring the father's actually abusive behaviour because you support him.

Give me some examples then. And there are also accounts from family friends witnesses that it's pushed by the mother. So you are supporting her and her abuse.

I did. Twice. You keep ignoring them.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

The Emerald Legion
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Emerald Legion » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:28 am

Vassenor wrote:
Risastorstein wrote:Give me some examples then. And there are also accounts from family friends witnesses that it's pushed by the mother. So you are supporting her and her abuse.

I did. Twice. You keep ignoring them.

Repeating accusations that were made by the mother and accepted by the court =\= proof.
"23.The unwise man is awake all night, and ponders everything over; when morning comes he is weary in mind, and all is a burden as ever." - Havamal

Gravlen
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 01, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Gravlen » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:29 am

Risastorstein wrote:Kids shouldn't be allowed to have puberty blockers and transition should be reserved for adults. How is this even a debate?

Laura Edwards-Leeper, a clinical psychologist at Pacific University, said that for someone of Luna’s age, gender-affirming care would not include any kind of medical intervention until they hit puberty. Even then, she said, it’s not an automatic procedure.

After a mental-health evaluation and discussion with parents, it might encompass a range of activities to help “the child to live as their authentic gender, and with their preferred gender expression, at any given point in time, without a presumption about their future gender identity,” she said.

For a 7-year-old, that might mean speaking to experts and potentially helping them through a social transition, which might include changing their clothes, hairstyle or pronouns. At around ages 10 to 13, parents, health professionals and the child might decide to take puberty blockers, which delay the development of secondary sex characteristics, like facial hair or breasts.

Those can be stopped at any time, and puberty continues as it would normally. “It is only irreversible if the adults in the child’s life make it irreversible,” Edwards-Leeper told The Post. “If the adults can stay open to whatever trajectory the child has, then it’s completely reversible.”
EnragedMaldivians wrote:That's preposterous. Gravlens's not a white nationalist; Gravlen's a penguin.

Unio de Sovetaj Socialismaj Respublikoj wrote:There is no use arguing the definition of murder with someone who has a picture of a penguin with a chainsaw as their nations flag.

Risastorstein
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Risastorstein » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:29 am

Vassenor wrote:
Risastorstein wrote:

I did. You ignored it.

Vassenor wrote:

1) Petitioner and Respondent were married on December 5,2010.
2) Respondent induced Petitioner into marriage by fraud.
3) Before the marriage, Respondent lied to Petitioner about former marriages.
4) Before the marriage, Respondent lied to Petitioner about former relationships.
5) Before the marriage. Respondent lied to Petitioner about his education.
6) During the marriage. Respondent mislead Petitioner about being a Professor by having mail sent to him as "Professor Younger."
7) Before the marriage. Respondent lied to Petitioner about being a teacher at the University of North Texas.
8 ) Before the marriage. Respondent lied to Petitioner about his service in the Marines.
9) Before the marriage. Respondent lied to Petitioner about his military experience in the Army.
10) Before the marriage, Respondent lied to Petitioner about his prior income and earnings.
11) Before the marriage, Respondent lied to Petitioner about his sources of income.
12) Before the marriage. Respondent lied to Petitioner about his debt
13) Before the marriage. Respondent lied to Petitioner in failing to disclose extensive
student loans.
14) Before the marriage. Respondent lied to Petitioner about working for Fortune 500 companies.
15) Before the marriage, Respondent lied about his employment
16) Before the marriage. Respondent lied to Petitioner about his unemployment.
17) Before the marriage, Respondent lied to Petitioner about not taking unemployment compensation.
18) Respondent lied to Petitioner about taking government assistance.
19) Petitioner did not cohabitate with Respondent since learning of the fraud and lies listed above in No. 3 through 18.

Children
39) Respondent engaged in inappropriate and hurtful treatment of the Girls.
40) The Girls were good, sweet, hardworking well-mannered children.
41) Respondent forced the Girls to do plank push up for extended periods of time while reaing the "house rules" until the Girls cried.
42) Respondent would lock down the Girls* room and remove all their possession from their rooms and would not let them participate in family activities.
43) Respondent would put the Girls in "silent treatment" and they could not talk unless spoken to for many, many days.
44) Respondent's actions caused barm to the Girls.
45) One of the Girls developed a suicide plan
46) The other Girl was cutting herself.

47) Based in large part on his treatment of the Girls, Petitioner asked Respondent to move
out of the Petitioner's residence.
48) Both Girls improved after Respondent moved out of Petitioner's residence.
49) Respondent lied to the Petitioner about the Girls.
50) The Girls have a very good, safe and healthy relationship with the Boys.
51) Respondent failed to co-parent with the Petitioner.
52) Petitioner made repeated attempts to co-parent with Respondent.
53) Respondent failed to keep any agreements made with Petitioner during Parenting

Facilitation sessions.
54) Respondent treated the Petitioner and the Girls in a disparaging, derogatory, abusive and insulting manner.
55) Respondent is pejorative.
56) Petitioner works flexible hours and part-time on some days of the week.
57) Petitioner was the primary parent of the Qiildren even before the parties separated.
58) Respondent regularly failed to take possession time with the Boys granted to him in Temporary Orders in this matter.
59) Respondent regularly failed to take the Boys to school during his periods of possession.
60) Respondent regularly failed to allow the Petitioner electronic communication with the Boys.
61) Respondent lacked insight into how behaviors by him may be repeated with the Boys.
62) Respondent had 3 mattresses in one room on the floor for his bed and the Boy's beds.
63) Respondent admitted he had not slept in a bed for the 12 years before marrying
Petitioner.
64) Respondent admitted he could not recall the addresses of where he lived or who he lived with for the 10 years before meeting Petitioner.
65) Respondent failed to attend counseling as ordered by the Court.
66) The Respondent will say or do anything to get his way.

Other
99) Respondent lied and misrepresented facts to his employers and potential employers during the pendency of this matter.
100) During the marriage, the Respondent failed to seek employment.
101) After separation, Respondent lied about his role as a primary parent.
102) Respondent was not a stay-at-home dad as he alleged.
103) The Respondent made false allegations about the Girls potentially abusing the Boys.
104) The Respondent falsely asserted that the counselor (Gina Galloway) called CPS.
105) Gina Galloway (the counselor) denied notifying CPS about alleged abuse of the Boys by the Girls.
106) The Respondent does not have any college degrees, which is contrary to his representations.
107) The Respondent was never a Professor, which is contrary to his representations..
108) The Respondent was not a Professor at UNT, which is contrary to his representations.
109) The Respondent was discharged from the Army for "Admission of Homosexuality."
110) The Respondent denies being a homosexual at the time of discharge from the Army.
111) The Respondent lied to the Army about being a homosexual.
112) The Respondent admitted he had a difficult time finding a job that will accommodate
his child care schedule.
113) The Respondent's psychological profile suggests an opposition to authority figures and
lack of constraint.
114) The Respondent's psychological profile indicated interpersonal difficulties, difficulty with authority and convention, and that he externalizes blame for his problems onto
others.
115) The Respondent's psychological profile indicated he lacks insight into how his actions negatively affected the Girls, stating, "So I made them do push-ups... whoop-difreaking-do!"
116) Dr. Blake Mitchell was ordered to conduct a psychological exam of the parties.
117) After conducting a psychological exam and testing. Dr. Mitchell found Respondent's lack of insight into how his behaviors affect others raises a concern that he may repeat these behaviors with James and Jude (the Boys).
118) Based on his work on this matter. Dr. Mitchell found Respondent demonstrated a lack of willingness to effectively co-parent with Petitioner.
119) Based on his work on this matter. Dr. Mitchell found the Respondent's reluctance to co-parent with Petitioner could potential have negative outcomes for the Boys and interfere with making decisions that are in the best interest of the Boys.
120) Based on his work on this matter. Dr. Mitchell found Petitioner put forth significant effort to effectively co-parent with Respondent.
121) The collaterals presented by Petitioner described her and her parenting style in positive
terms.
122) Petitioner would not have married Respondent had she known about his fraud and misrepresentations.

So you support all of this, particularly the bolded?

Sorry, haven't seen it earlier. Yes, it is worrying. What is the source by the way? But it doesn't remove the possibility of his mother being abusive (in other ways though) and it doesn't challenge my point about not medicalizing gender in kids.

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:30 am

The Emerald Legion wrote:
Page wrote:

Yes they do.

Did you not think "I am a boy" until you were an adult? Were you ambivalent to wearing boys' or girls' clothes. Would you have not cared whether someone called you he or she?

Cisgender kids have gender identities too, but because their gender identity is congruent with their gender assignment, you mistakenly believe that it does not exist because expression of that gender identity isn't scrutinized.
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

The Emerald Legion
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Emerald Legion » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:31 am

Risastorstein wrote:
Vassenor wrote:
I did. You ignored it.

Sorry, haven't seen it earlier. Yes, it is worrying. What is the source by the way? But it doesn't remove the possibility of his mother being abusive (in other ways though) and it doesn't challenge my point about not medicalizing gender in kids.

It's the court findings from their annulment hearings. However a lot of those are disputed by the father.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:31 am

The New California Republic wrote:
Risastorstein wrote:
In David Reimer's case, John Money wanted to prove that gender was purely social. In James Younger's case, they want to make medical transition the norm. It's so wrong.

It wasn't the reason for it in the first case, and it isn't the reason for it in the second.

John Money was a pretty fucked up guy though
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Alvecia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 17, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Alvecia » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:31 am

The Emerald Legion wrote:
Page wrote:

Again, I'll bring up the outrage this forum generated at the Canadian parents who planned to raise their kids without gender.

Risastorstein
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Risastorstein » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:33 am

Gravlen wrote:
Risastorstein wrote:Kids shouldn't be allowed to have puberty blockers and transition should be reserved for adults. How is this even a debate?

Laura Edwards-Leeper, a clinical psychologist at Pacific University, said that for someone of Luna’s age, gender-affirming care would not include any kind of medical intervention until they hit puberty. Even then, she said, it’s not an automatic procedure.

After a mental-health evaluation and discussion with parents, it might encompass a range of activities to help “the child to live as their authentic gender, and with their preferred gender expression, at any given point in time, without a presumption about their future gender identity,” she said.

For a 7-year-old, that might mean speaking to experts and potentially helping them through a social transition, which might include changing their clothes, hairstyle or pronouns. At around ages 10 to 13, parents, health professionals and the child might decide to take puberty blockers, which delay the development of secondary sex characteristics, like facial hair or breasts.

Those can be stopped at any time, and puberty continues as it would normally. “It is only irreversible if the adults in the child’s life make it irreversible,” Edwards-Leeper told The Post. “If the adults can stay open to whatever trajectory the child has, then it’s completely reversible.”

10 to 13 is way too early for a kid to take such decision and with all that work into therapy and prior social transition, the kid might feel force to pursue this route. A kid shouldn't be allowed to change gender, especially at such a young age.

Estanglia
Senator

Founded: Dec 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Estanglia » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:35 am

Ifreann wrote:Sounds more like Younger manipulating his daughter to suit his own transphobic agenda.

Then you cant read.

Risastorstein wrote:
You mean telling the little dude to dress appropriately and to use his real name? Then yes.

"In a video posted to the dad’s website, James is asked, “You’re a boy right?”

“No, I’m a girl.”

“Who told you you’re a girl?”

“Mommy.”

The child said Anne also put James in dresses. “She buys me headbands. She gets me hair clips…she paints my nails.”"

Messing with her boy's gender in order to satisfy her own desire for some kind of living doll is abuse too.

So, the dad got her to say this. Yet the dad isn't manipulating her. Odd.
Yeah: Egalitarianism, equality
Meh: Labour, the EU
Nah: pointless discrimination, authoritarianism, Brexit, Trump, both American parties, the Conservatives
I flop between "optimistic about the future" and "pessimistic about the future" every time I go on NSG.

(Taken 29/08/2020)
Political compass test:
Economic Left/Right: -6.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.05

8values thinks I'm a Libertarian Socialist.

Torrocca wrote:"Your honor, it was not mein fault! I didn't order the systematic genocide of millions of people, it was the twenty kilograms of pure-cut Bavarian cocaine that did it!"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General