NATION

PASSWORD

UK Politics Thread XI: Boris' Big Bombastic Brexit Bash

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who do you support to become the next Labour Party Leader?

Clive Lewis (DROPPED OUT)
2%
Keir Starmer (Shadow Brexit Secretary, MP for Holborn and St Pancras)
41%
Lisa Nandy (MP for Wigan)
9%
Jess Phillips (DROPPED OUT)
15%
Emily Thornberry (Shadow First Secretary of State, MP for Islington South and Finsbury)
6%
Yvette Cooper (DROPPED OUT)
1%
Dan Jarvis (DROPPED OUT)
1%
Ian Lavery (DROPPED OUT)
1%
Rebecca Long Bailey (Shadow Business Secretary, MP for Salford and Eccles)
15%
Other (Please state who in a reply)
9%

Total votes : 116

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 10, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:54 pm

Dooom35796821595 wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:
The 140,000 dead people isn't a lie dude. It wasn't stated by a politician. It was by a medical journal based on tracking death rates among populations and so on. It's not a number Labour just plucked out of the air like the Tories and their 1.2 trillion lie.

It’s bullshit statistical manipulation with the sole intention of propagating an agenda.

Sorry? What? Couldn't hear you over all this evidence:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ppr-report

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/heal ... 57306.html

https://www.bmj.com/company/newsroom/he ... n-england/ (<-- This one is medical fact based)
Last edited by Celritannia on Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My DeviantArt
Obey
When you annoy a Celritannian
U W0T M8?
Zirkagrad wrote:A person with a penchant for flying lions with long tongues, could possibly be a fan of Kiss. Maybe the classiest nation with a lion with its tongue hanging out. Enjoys only the finest tea.

Nakena wrote:NSG's Most Serene Salad
Citizen of Earth, Commonwealthian, European, British, Yorkshireman.
Atheist, Environmentalist

Hydesland
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 28, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Hydesland » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:01 pm

Ostroeuropa wrote:Corbyn governs through personal authority. He can refer to his majority support among membership to force the cabinet and MPs to back him. This evaporates when he is pursuing an agenda they do not support. So no, there will not be a shift of the overton window on issues like nukes or NATO or Russia if Corbyn is elected. He has been thoroughly overruled on those topics.

Not understanding how the Labour party works is the reason these arguments exist.

I definitely don't expect any radical shift on nukes or NATO either, as I said it's the incremental things that matter - I think foreign policy under Corbyn will overall be less belligerent towards Russia than otherwise, whether through our approach to Syria, or Ukraine, the extent of our cooperation with the USA, or sanctions on various vaguely Russia aligned states etc... I don't necessarily oppose any of these things per se by the way, but if I were Putin I would probably view Corbyn as less of an obstacle/threat to my foreign policy agenda, except for with regards to Brexit chaos that Johnson could cause, that makes it more of a toss up.

Dooom35796821595
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 11, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Dooom35796821595 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:07 pm

Ostroeuropa wrote:
Dooom35796821595 wrote:
Except those two are opposed, you can’t be about reducing the debt if you’re spending all the money re-nationalising industries so you can run them at a loss. A better solution would be better regulation of free market companies and increasing competition while paying for infrastructure improvements that the companies have to pay to use. Balance of government spending and free market competitiveness. And people then get to keep more of their own money to spend in the economy the way they want to.

But Corbin does, and it’s exactly the sort of reckless spending that mirrors the Conservatives reckless cuts.

Running them at reduced profit /=/ running them at a loss. In addition with lower costs you can relax on welfare increases for a while due to reduced cost of living, so instead of handing people money to hand to energy companies to hand to their shareholders, you just use that money to pay down the debt.

And why is nationalisation so key in making these changes? Just regulate them to make them improve costs, and fine them when they cut corners.

Your missing the part about having to buy these companies in the first place, then manage them effectively which isn’t something governments are very good at. So the government ends up throwing more money at the problem, while still having to invest in infrastructure upgrades and you end up with a massive amount of debt. Just look at the suggested
“free broadband” idea, taxing people for a service everyone can use, but not considering some people need more then others, and are willing to pay more.
Instead of say paying for infrastructure upgrades and charging service providers a reasonable amount for access, then letting competition keep prices down.
When life gives you lemons, you BURN THEIR HOUSE DOWN!
Anything can be justified if it is cool. If at first you don't succeed, destroy all in your way.
"Your methods are stupid! Your progress has been stupid! Your intelligence is stupid! For the sake of the mission, you must be terminated!”

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:09 pm

Dooom35796821595 wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:
Running them at reduced profit /=/ running them at a loss. In addition with lower costs you can relax on welfare increases for a while due to reduced cost of living, so instead of handing people money to hand to energy companies to hand to their shareholders, you just use that money to pay down the debt.

And why is nationalisation so key in making these changes? Just regulate them to make them improve costs, and fine them when they cut corners.

Your missing the part about having to buy these companies in the first place, then manage them effectively which isn’t something governments are very good at. So the government ends up throwing more money at the problem, while still having to invest in infrastructure upgrades and you end up with a massive amount of debt. Just look at the suggested
“free broadband” idea, taxing people for a service everyone can use, but not considering some people need more then others, and are willing to pay more.
Instead of say paying for infrastructure upgrades and charging service providers a reasonable amount for access, then letting competition keep prices down.

And the Private companies haven't done well with a lot of upkeep for services like trains.
Not to mention the cost of tickets.

My DeviantArt
Obey
U W0T M8?
Zirkagrad wrote:A person with a penchant for flying lions with long tongues, could possibly be a fan of Kiss. Maybe the classiest nation with a lion with its tongue hanging out. Enjoys only the finest tea.

Dooom35796821595
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 11, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Dooom35796821595 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:19 pm

Celritannia wrote:
Dooom35796821595 wrote:
It’s bullshit statistical manipulation with the sole intention of propagating an agenda.

Sorry? What? Couldn't hear you over all this evidence:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ppr-report

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/heal ... 57306.html

https://www.bmj.com/company/newsroom/he ... n-england/ (<-- This one is medical fact based)

The papers’ senior author and a researcher at UCL, Dr Ben Maruthappu, said that while the paper “can’t prove cause and effect” it shows an association.

“This is an observational study, so no firm conclusions can be drawn about cause and effect“

Evidence, right. Observational, with no conclusions on cause and effect.

And this isn’t arguments against austerity, it’s shows that more consideration needs to be done before making cuts, something the Conservatives aren’t very good at. But on the other hand, Labour needs to put more consideration into where it spends money, and who it taxes to do so, something they’re not very good at.
When life gives you lemons, you BURN THEIR HOUSE DOWN!
Anything can be justified if it is cool. If at first you don't succeed, destroy all in your way.
"Your methods are stupid! Your progress has been stupid! Your intelligence is stupid! For the sake of the mission, you must be terminated!”

SD_Film Artists
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 10, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby SD_Film Artists » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:41 pm

Celritannia wrote:
SD_Film Artists wrote:
1. Cool, and how does that address my point that Labour isn't a remain party?

2. The IFS are also economists are they not? Or do we only count pro-Labour economists?

3. The Tories say that the BBC are too left-wing, the Lib Dems say they don't give them a proportionate amount of air time, and Labour says that the BBC are criticising Jeremy Corbyn, and to be fair to the BBC they're only using the ammuntion that Corbyn gives them. It's the Daily Mail, Daily Express etc who are doing the real cherry-picking against Corbyn.

Is further teaching on that really necessery? I mean are there millenials and gen Zs who know nothing about slavery? Is this somekind of secret that we've suppressed? It instead sounds more like Labour wants to flagellate Britain for its sins. I think it's very umpatriotic, and that's not even counting Corbyn rubbing shoulders with the IRA, Hezbollah and others who wouldn't want him to be big on defence.

4. Would you care to explain why? Caring about the EU doens't mean that you don't care about any other policies. The Lib Dems are a pro-remain party yet they are not a single-issue party.

1. Labour may not be either leave or remain, but they are giving the decision back to the people. How is it so hard to understand this? I mean really? How much more explaining does someone have to do to show you Labour will have another referendum with remain and a Labour Deal on the ballot papers?

You've already said that and I've already accepted it. The problem is that Labour- being a non-remain party- keep adding caveats to any efforts to placate its remain Labour voters. For example with that "handing the decision back to the people", it's only if they win the election; there has been no promice to vote for a 2nd referendum in the event of a hung parliament or any simular initiative. Again, Corbyn is only using it as ballast in his ballancing act rather than wearing his heart on his sleave.

2. The economists are neither pro labour or pro-remain. Yet they have given support to the Labour manifesto.

Again, are the IFS not economists?

3. And yet:
[snip]
The panel shows are left wing on the BBC yes, but the News is right wing.

The article in the Independant was mostly talking about the Daily Mail etc, which I already know is biased against Corbyn. Also some of the articles have raised good questions which are in the public interest, such as his IRA , Hezbollah links.

The Tories have rubbed soldiers with IRA and other terrorist groups too.
But how do you achieve piece if you don;t open up negotiations?

There's a difference between talking with an enemy and getting chummy with them.

Really, you just hate Corbyn for no reason.

I've already mentioned several reasons; whether you agree with them or not is another matter. Also I think "hate" is too strong a term, more like "pity and dislike"

The Empire have 300 years of history in which a lot is not covered by schools.

A lot of things aren't covered in schools because there's only so many classes with so many hours. Still I doubt that the school system is whitewashing history.

4. I have yet to see a highly detailed Lib-Dem manifesto on tackling the public services, homelessness, etc.

https://www.libdems.org.uk/plan

They have a section on ending rough sleeping as well as other social reforms. And even if they didn't, I still don't see where you're getting this "single issue" stuff from.
Last edited by SD_Film Artists on Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lurking NSG since 2005
Economic Left/Right: -2.62, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.67

When anybody preaches disunity, tries to pit one of us against each other through class warfare, race hatred, or religious intolerance, you know that person seeks to rob us of our freedom and destroy our very lives.

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:34 pm

SD_Film Artists wrote:
Celritannia wrote:
1. Labour may not be either leave or remain, but they are giving the decision back to the people. How is it so hard to understand this? I mean really? How much more explaining does someone have to do to show you Labour will have another referendum with remain and a Labour Deal on the ballot papers?

You've already said that and I've already accepted it. The problem is that Labour- being a non-remain party- keep adding caveats to any efforts to placate its remain Labour voters. For example with that "handing the decision back to the people", it's only if they win the election; there has been no promice to vote for a 2nd referendum in the event of a hung parliament or any simular initiative. Again, Corbyn is only using it as ballast in his ballancing act rather than wearing his heart on his sleave.

2. The economists are neither pro labour or pro-remain. Yet they have given support to the Labour manifesto.

3. And yet:
[snip]
The panel shows are left wing on the BBC yes, but the News is right wing.

The article in the Independant was mostly talking about the Daily Mail etc, which I already know is biased against Corbyn. Also some of the articles have raised good questions which are in the public interest, such as his IRA , Hezbollah links.

The Tories have rubbed soldiers with IRA and other terrorist groups too.
But how do you achieve piece if you don;t open up negotiations?

There's a difference between talking with an enemy and getting chummy with them.

Really, you just hate Corbyn for no reason.

I've already mentioned several reasons; whether you agree with them or not is another matter. Also I think "hate" is too strong a term, more like "pity and dislike"

The Empire have 300 years of history in which a lot is not covered by schools.

A lot of things aren't covered in schools because there's only so many classes with so many hours. Still I doubt that the school system is whitewashing history.

4. I have yet to see a highly detailed Lib-Dem manifesto on tackling the public services, homelessness, etc.

They have a section on ending rough sleeping as well as other social reforms. And even if they didn't, I still don't see where you're getting this "single issue" stuff from.

I give up.
You are plainly not understanding the Labour aspect at all, and think Corbyn is friends with terrorists when there is no evidence to prove it except a few photos taken out of context.
Last edited by Celritannia on Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

My DeviantArt
Obey
U W0T M8?

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:36 pm

Dooom35796821595 wrote:

The papers’ senior author and a researcher at UCL, Dr Ben Maruthappu, said that while the paper “can’t prove cause and effect” it shows an association.

“This is an observational study, so no firm conclusions can be drawn about cause and effect“

Evidence, right. Observational, with no conclusions on cause and effect.

And this isn’t arguments against austerity, it’s shows that more consideration needs to be done before making cuts, something the Conservatives aren’t very good at. But on the other hand, Labour needs to put more consideration into where it spends money, and who it taxes to do so, something they’re not very good at.

IT has caused 130,00 deaths.

It it arguments against austerity. The Tory Government cut public services, and the people are suffering.

Labour has put consideration into where it is putting their money, their Manifesto is quite clear.

My DeviantArt
Obey
U W0T M8?

Salandriagado
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Salandriagado » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:38 pm

Hydesland wrote:
Novus America wrote:
That is weird. The is the literal opposite of most places.

Uh no it's not, that's been the case in almost every country hit by the crisis, especially in Europe.

Or it was: austerity isn't really a thing now, neither party is (seriously) proposing austerity right now as far as I'm aware.

I mean, the Tories are still pushing austerity, they're just not being honest about it.
Cosara wrote:
Anachronous Rex wrote:Good thing most a majority of people aren't so small-minded, and frightened of other's sexuality.

Over 40% (including me), are, so I fixed the post for accuracy.

Vilatania wrote:
Salandriagado wrote:
Notice that the link is to the notes from a university course on probability. You clearly have nothing beyond the most absurdly simplistic understanding of the subject.
By choosing 1, you no longer have 0 probability of choosing 1. End of subject.

(read up the quote stack)

Deal. £3000 do?[/quote]

Of course.[/quote]

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:49 pm

Hydesland wrote:As for who the Russians would favour, I'm not sure, but I'm pretty confident that they'd be very pleased with someone who wants to dismantle NATO, blames western expansionism for the Ukraine crisis (rather than Russia) and wants to seek warmer diplomatic ties with Russia (as well as being a lifelong eurosceptic who probably won't campaign against Brexit). I'm sure they'd also be pleased with the chaos candidate determined to take us out of Europe, though they wouldn't be pleased with the rest of his NATO friendly foreign policy. Either is plausible.

So Nigel?
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Hydesland
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 28, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Hydesland » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:51 pm

Salandriagado wrote:
Hydesland wrote:
Uh no it's not, that's been the case in almost every country hit by the crisis, especially in Europe.

Or it was: austerity isn't really a thing now, neither party is (seriously) proposing austerity right now as far as I'm aware.

I mean, the Tories are still pushing austerity, they're just not being honest about it.

I've mainly seen the opposite, i..e. other institutions like the IMF accusing the Tories of being dishonest about how little they'll reduce the deficit.

The Notorious Mad Jack
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 05, 2018
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby The Notorious Mad Jack » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:25 pm

It seems the Tories are so scared of potentially losing East Devon, Johnson himself paid us a visit last week, promising extra investment and like a 138 new police officers in Devon and Cornwall.

Doesn't make up for the 500 or so we've lost since 2010 though...
Totally not MadJack, though I hear he's incredibly smart and handsome.

SD_Film Artists
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby SD_Film Artists » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:31 pm

Celritannia wrote:
SD_Film Artists wrote:

I give up.
You are plainly not understanding the Labour aspect at all

Please, do show me where Labour are going to join other pro-remain parties (not necessarily in a formal coalition) by voting on bills regardles of whether Corbyn is PM or not, because they're apparently a pro-remain party. Or you could just keep talking about the referendum, which as I've already said is conditional, just like the rest of Corbyn's Brexit policies; caveats everywhere. Or you could just keep talking about how you're voting for Labour because of their other policies, which is your right, but doesn't address anything that I've said.

and think Corbyn is friends with terrorists when there is no evidence to prove it except a few photos taken out of context.

And the inaction on anti-semitism (though I don't believe that Corbyn is actualy an anti-semite himself, he just cozies up to people who are) or how he kept giving grovelling half-answers and deflections when David Cameron asked him if Hezbollah were Corbyn's friends when he could have just said "No, they never were and they never will be."
Last edited by SD_Film Artists on Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lurking NSG since 2005

When anybody preaches disunity, tries to pit one of us against each other through class warfare, race hatred, or religious intolerance, you know that person seeks to rob us of our freedom and destroy our very lives.

SD_Film Artists
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby SD_Film Artists » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:34 pm

The Notorious Mad Jack wrote:It seems the Tories are so scared of potentially losing East Devon, Johnson himself paid us a visit last week

He who controles the custard controles the universe.
Last edited by SD_Film Artists on Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lurking NSG since 2005

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:05 am

The Notorious Mad Jack wrote:It seems the Tories are so scared of potentially losing East Devon, Johnson himself paid us a visit last week, promising extra investment and like a 138 new police officers in Devon and Cornwall.

Doesn't make up for the 500 or so we've lost since 2010 though...

But you're getting more and should be grateful for that. Just ignore the fact it's still a net loss and all those other inconvenient details and just revel in the generosity. :roll:
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

An Alan Smithee Nation
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby An Alan Smithee Nation » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:32 am

Hydesland wrote:As for who the Russians would favour, I'm not sure, but I'm pretty confident that they'd be very pleased with someone who wants to dismantle NATO, blames western expansionism for the Ukraine crisis (rather than Russia) and wants to seek warmer diplomatic ties with Russia (as well as being a lifelong eurosceptic who probably won't campaign against Brexit). I'm sure they'd also be pleased with the chaos candidate determined to take us out of Europe, though they wouldn't be pleased with the rest of his NATO friendly foreign policy. Either is plausible.

If I was a Gru operative I think my favoured options for a chaotic destabilised UK would be a hung parliament, or a hard Brexit from a Conservative majority.
Everything is intertwinkled

Salandriagado
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Salandriagado » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:44 am

Hydesland wrote:
Salandriagado wrote:

I've mainly seen the opposite, i..e. other institutions like the IMF accusing the Tories of being dishonest about how little they'll reduce the deficit.

I'm comparing their manifesto pledges to what they're actually likely to do. The IMF is analysing what they actually did previously. Totally different things.
Cosara wrote:
Anachronous Rex wrote:Good thing most a majority of people aren't so small-minded, and frightened of other's sexuality.

Over 40% (including me), are, so I fixed the post for accuracy.

Vilatania wrote:
Salandriagado wrote:
Notice that the link is to the notes from a university course on probability. You clearly have nothing beyond the most absurdly simplistic understanding of the subject.
By choosing 1, you no longer have 0 probability of choosing 1. End of subject.

(read up the quote stack)

Deal. £3000 do?[/quote]

Of course.[/quote]

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:13 am

So on the one hand, child poverty is set to reach record highs by the end of the parliament if the conservatives win.

On the other hand Corbs admitted he doesn't religiously watch the Queen's speech every Christmas.

Guess what the papers are more incensed about this morning.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Greater Loegria
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Loegria » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:00 am

Vassenor wrote:So on the one hand, child poverty is set to reach record highs by the end of the parliament if the conservatives win.

On the other hand Corbs admitted he doesn't religiously watch the Queen's speech every Christmas.

It’s Corbyn’s sentiment that is concerning. He does himself few favours by morally chiselling away at things deemed to be particularly British.
CONFŒDERATIO MAGNA LŒGRIÆ
Y Gynghraig Lloegreg Mawr

If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.-J.R.R Tolkien
A theocratic military junta, a Brythonic ennobled republic with a Roman flair. Imperialistic and Nationalistic, balancing deep social conservatism with a social economy. 260 million strong, led by a Lord Chancellor from the ancient city of Caer Ddywfol
Tradionalist Catholic British Nationalist
Pro: Christianity, Nationalism, Traditionalism, Environmentalism, Ruralism, Integralism and Ancestral Heritage
Anti: Globalism, Progressivism, Capitalism, Socialism, Immigration, Neo-Liberalism
British Catholic Student of Classical Antiquity. Fond of pints, rugger, the outdoors and Western Classical Arts. Reservist-in-Training

Fartsniffage
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 19, 2005
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Fartsniffage » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:04 am

Greater Loegria wrote:
Vassenor wrote:So on the one hand, child poverty is set to reach record highs by the end of the parliament if the conservatives win.

It’s Corbyn’s sentiment that is concerning. He does himself few favours by morally chiselling away at things deemed to be particularly British.

I don't think I've ever watched the Queens speech. Not sure why that would matter?

An Alan Smithee Nation
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby An Alan Smithee Nation » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:12 am

Three MEPs quit the Brexit Party. [Edit: 3 according to the BBC, 4 according to Reuters]

Not surprising really, Farage's decision not to stand against the Conservatives was the kiss of death for the party.
Last edited by An Alan Smithee Nation on Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everything is intertwinkled

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:17 am

Greater Loegria wrote:

I've never watched the QS. When am I being deported?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:20 am

And for bonus points, he doesn't watch because he spends the day volunteering at a homeless shelter. The fiend.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Ifreann
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Ifreann » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:23 am

Vassenor wrote:And for bonus points, he doesn't watch because he spends the day volunteering at a homeless shelter. The fiend.

How thoroughly un-British.
He/Him

beating the devil
we never run from the devil
we never summon the devil
we never hide from from the devil
we never

SD_Film Artists
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby SD_Film Artists » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:40 am

Vassenor wrote:
Greater Loegria wrote:It’s Corbyn’s sentiment that is concerning. He does himself few favours by morally chiselling away at things deemed to be particularly British.

I've never watched the QS. When am I being deported?

I think it's Corbyn's pattern of behaviour that is at fault rather than simply that he didn't watch the Queen's speech.
Lurking NSG since 2005

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General