NATION

PASSWORD

MAGAThread XVII: All Things NOT Impeachment

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Which would be your favored candidate for the 2020 Republican Party presidential nomination?

Donald Trump
27%
Rocky De La Fuente
3%
Joe Walsh
2%
Bill Weld
13%
Bob Ely
No votes
Zoltan Istvan
3%
None of the above/other
17%
David Hasselhoff
34%

Total votes : 173

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:25 pm

Galloism wrote:
The East Marches II wrote:
He was the media darling before. Do try to remember Gauthier that the campaign has cycles, ups and downs. He nearly toppled Ted Cruz. I don't bait, what a terrible accusation :^)

The NRA stands up for the ccw rights of PoC like me in bigoted places like Chicago. You can hardly blame a man for liking another person who helps him fight oppression.

It's actually worth note that most of the first gun ownership restrictions (not carrying restrictions, but ownership) come explicitly in the era immediately following the civil war, where "negros" were prohibited or restricted from owning firearms. Gun control regarding ownership has a very racist history, and that continues to a large degree today.

Many of the proposals surrounding restricting guns seem to come around tax these days, which is just a way to discriminate against the poor. And, as a matter of statistics, the poor are most likely to be black. It essentially has the same intent and effect as previous voting taxes or effective taxes like poll taxes or land ownership requirements - an attempt to prevent black people from exercising their constitutional rights, and if it some poor white people on accident that's ok too.

Funny how the NRA advocated for gun control around the time the Black Panthers were still around.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:25 pm

Oh gawd the gun debate is spilling into MAGAthread.

It does remind me of the time Trump wanted to take people's guns away until some nice folks from the NRA 'talked' with him and suddenly he was pro-gun.

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:26 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Galloism wrote:It's actually worth note that most of the first gun ownership restrictions (not carrying restrictions, but ownership) come explicitly in the era immediately following the civil war, where "negros" were prohibited or restricted from owning firearms. Gun control regarding ownership has a very racist history, and that continues to a large degree today.

Many of the proposals surrounding restricting guns seem to come around tax these days, which is just a way to discriminate against the poor. And, as a matter of statistics, the poor are most likely to be black. It essentially has the same intent and effect as previous voting taxes or effective taxes like poll taxes or land ownership requirements - an attempt to prevent black people from exercising their constitutional rights, and if it some poor white people on accident that's ok too.

Funny how the NRA advocated for gun control around the time the Black Panthers were still around.

Yet they now stand up for minority gun owners in big cities. What is your point Gauth? Are you against brown people exercising their rights?

I mean really, you always go on how the police are racist, the country is racist or some other such garbage ideas, I would think you'd be for this.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:26 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Galloism wrote:It's actually worth note that most of the first gun ownership restrictions (not carrying restrictions, but ownership) come explicitly in the era immediately following the civil war, where "negros" were prohibited or restricted from owning firearms. Gun control regarding ownership has a very racist history, and that continues to a large degree today.

Isn't it?

Keeping constitutional rights away from black people used to be a very bipartisan thing.
Last edited by Galloism on Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:27 pm

Gormwood wrote:
So you concede my previous points then? I just want to be clear before we move on :^)

Don't give a shit about your "point". If you choose to stay in a supposedly corrupt gang-infested hellhole then that's on you, not anyone advocating for gun regulations.

So you concede then.

Your responses really give my point credibility. Just look how you abandoned your position on Beto's relevance or didn't contest the NRA did good work. Thanks again Gauth! :^)

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:28 pm

Gormwood wrote:Funny how the NRA advocated for gun control around the time the Black Panthers were still around.

Yet they now stand up for minority gun owners in big cities. What is your point Gauth? Are you against brown people exercising their rights?

I mean really, you always go on how the police are racist, the country is racist or some other such garbage ideas, I would think you'd be for this.

You're flailing too hard. You do you.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:31 pm

Gormwood wrote:

You're flailing too hard. You do you.

I'm hardly flailing. I'm scoring excellent points against your position. Your lack of a reply exposes the total bankruptcy of your position. You are right that your best bet in this argument is to run. Afterall, your position has been so thoroughly demolished you've nothing to stand on anymore :^)

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:32 pm

I should note Gauth, I'll remember your victim blaming in the future. I can't wait for further discussions :^)

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:39 pm

Weren't the 3 administrations actively involved in said lying, including Trump? I guess he could punish everyone else involved which would be something, I guess.

Would be nice to see someone responsible get punished though.
Last edited by Albrenia on Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:42 pm

[align=][/align]
Albrenia wrote:

Weren't the 3 administrations actively involved in said lying, including Trump? I guess he could punish everyone else involved which would be something, I guess.

But that can't be used to discredit the intelligence agencies' findings regarding the election.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:44 pm

Albrenia wrote:

Yes it would

"You want Trump to punish his own people"

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:44 pm

Vassenor wrote:[align=][/align]
Albrenia wrote:

But that can't be used to discredit the intelligence agencies' findings regarding the election.

Yes, they have more than enough evidence indicting their credibility but admittedly the Afghan papers an excellent bit on top. WMDs anyone :^)

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:48 pm

Albrenia wrote:

Yes it would

That would be nice.

I guess Trump's rampant hypocrisy can be handy sometimes, if he does end up punishing others for a misdeed he took part in.

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:49 pm

Albrenia wrote:
Yes it would

That would be nice.

I guess Trump's rampant hypocrisy can be handy sometimes, if he does end up punishing others for a misdeed he took part in.

Exactly!

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:50 pm

Albrenia wrote:
That would be nice.

Exactly!

Did... did we just agree on something? :eek:

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:52 pm

Albrenia wrote:
Exactly!

Did... did we just agree on something? :eek:

I'm not unreasonable old boy, I'm just held in poor taste because I think that a vagina isn't a valid reason for somebody to be a nominee of a major party :^)

You might find you agree with me more than you think!

Thankfully, as Politico says, we may get another shot at the title bout that should have happened in 2016. It's gonna be amazing.

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:28 pm

Yes, they have more than enough evidence indicting their credibility but admittedly the Afghan papers an excellent bit on top. WMDs anyone :^)

it's nice that they've messed up before, so now whenever you hear they've found smthn that might challenge your political beliefs you can dismiss it lol

i'm sure whenever we start hearing abt satellites seeing troop buildups on the turkish-syrian or turkish-iraqi border, you'll be playing the same tune
Biden-Santos Thought cadre

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 02, 2018
Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:32 pm

Albrenia wrote:

Why do we still consider our intelligence agencies to be trustworthy sources of information after repeated shit like this?
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:33 pm

Don't you dare disrespect our intelligence community. They work hard to put the interests of Halliburton above those of the American people.
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:36 pm

Senkaku wrote:

it's nice that they've messed up before, so now whenever you hear they've found smthn that might challenge your political beliefs you can dismiss it lol

i'm sure whenever we start hearing abt satellites seeing troop buildups on the turkish-syrian or turkish-iraqi border, you'll be playing the same tune

A million dead Iraqis, 7 trillion wasted dollars, thousands of our own dead isn't a mess up. It should be that we demand all the evidence possible before we accept their word on anything. They have zero credibility. As does the Pentagon at this point. They fucked us.

Not only that, but they continue to fuck with us. We should be deleting these agencies and starting from scratch if we must.

Of course on the second part. A man has his interests. I'm hurt that you would think I'd do otherwise.
Last edited by The East Marches II on Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:38 pm

Senkaku wrote:it's nice that they've messed up before, so now whenever you hear they've found smthn that might challenge your political beliefs you can dismiss it lol

A million dead Iraqis, 7 trillion wasted dollars, thousands of our own dead isn't a mess up. It should be that we demand all the evidence possible before we accept their word on anything. They have zero credibility. As does the Pentagon at this point. They fucked us.

Of course on the second part. A man has his interests. I'm hurt that you would think I'd do otherwise.

The CIA's bullshit goes back to basically since it was created. It has done little go for this country and is responsible for untold misery around the world.

But I swear guys, the next regime we change will work out!
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:41 pm

Bear Stearns wrote:

The CIA's bullshit goes back to basically since it was created. It has done little go for this country and is responsible for untold misery around the world.

We're basically relying on the Turks and a Gaddafi son to clean up the shitshow the State Department left in Libya. Unbelievable. It was all for nothing.

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:42 pm

Bear Stearns wrote:

We're basically relying on the Turks and a Gaddafi son to clean up the shitshow the State Department left in Libya. Unbelievable. It was all for nothing.

Kennedy tried to cull the CIA and make their activities subject to public scrutiny. If I were president, I'd audit the fuck out of them.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:58 pm

Bear Stearns wrote:

Kennedy tried to cull the CIA and make their activities subject to public scrutiny. If I were president, I'd audit the fuck out of them.

Just assign me as Director with unlimited powers. Ill fix it in no time. ;^)
Last edited by Nakena on Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General