NATION

PASSWORD

MAGAThread XVII: All Things NOT Impeachment

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Which would be your favored candidate for the 2020 Republican Party presidential nomination?

Donald Trump
27%
Rocky De La Fuente
3%
Joe Walsh
2%
Bill Weld
13%
Bob Ely
No votes
Zoltan Istvan
3%
None of the above/other
17%
David Hasselhoff
34%

Total votes : 173

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:38 am

Eric Ciaramella wrote:
Gormwood wrote:The whistleblower followed proper protocol. Snowden and Assange sure as fuck didn't. Nice try though.

"Follow proper protocol" = "Give the corrupt establishment a chance to silence them first."

Like how Trump and Friends successfully silenced the whistleblower, amirite? :^]
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:38 am

Gormwood wrote:
Eric Ciaramella wrote:
How is "arrest them and bring them to trial" better than being open and public with information? I am fully aware I don't know who the whistleblower is, but it is massively hypocritical for our representatives to refuse transparency like this. We deserve to know what is going on! Anything less is corruption.

The whistleblower followed proper protocol. Snowden and Assange sure as fuck didn't. Nice try though.

Following protocol didn't save other ones during the Obama administration.

Keep it up Gauth, your defense is going great!

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:40 am

Edward Snowden stepped forward, no one outed him. I don't understand how this 'gotcha' is supposed to work.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Eric Ciaramella
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Eric Ciaramella » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:41 am

Gormwood wrote:
Eric Ciaramella wrote:
"Follow proper protocol" = "Give the corrupt establishment a chance to silence them first."

Like how Trump and Friends successfully silenced the whistleblower, amirite? :^]

How, exactly? The media and Democrats have ensured whatever the whistleblower says will go far and wide. There's not much Trump could do, even if he wanted to.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:43 am

Cannot think of a name wrote:Edward Snowden stepped forward, no one outed him. I don't understand how this 'gotcha' is supposed to work.

Either "Snowden is a victim just like the whistleblower" or "Because Snowden, Therefore Whistleblower Should Be Outed." Take your pick.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.

Eric Ciaramella
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Eric Ciaramella » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:43 am

Gormwood wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:Edward Snowden stepped forward, no one outed him. I don't understand how this 'gotcha' is supposed to work.

Either "Snowden is a victim just like the whistleblower" or "Because Snowden, Therefore Whistleblower Should Be Outed." Take your pick.

I'll take #2 on the rocks, thanks. No one should be able to hide behind anonymity, ever.
Last edited by Eric Ciaramella on Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:44 am

Eric Ciaramella wrote:
Gormwood wrote:Like how Trump and Friends successfully silenced the whistleblower, amirite? :^]

How, exactly? The media and Democrats have ensured whatever the whistleblower says will go far and wide. There's not much Trump could do, even if he wanted to.

So basically you're crying about it while hiding behind anonymity. DOS I presume.

Eric Ciaramella
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Eric Ciaramella » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:45 am

Gormwood wrote:
Eric Ciaramella wrote:

So basically you're crying about it while hiding behind anonymity. DOS I presume.

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=americastrailia , if you really want to know.

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:45 am

Gormwood wrote:

Rather, it's an excellent display of your stunning level of hypocrisy. One really couldn't ask for a better example of it. Not just you but our media and the so called establishment at large. The tech firms would never try to scrub somebody's name if he exposed something truly dangerous to the system at large.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:46 am

Gormwood wrote:

Either "Snowden is a victim just like the whistleblower"

Sure? Still not sure how that changes anything.
Gormwood wrote: or "Because Snowden, Therefore Whistleblower Should Be Outed." Take your pick.

Because coming forward has worked out swimmingly for Snowden?
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:47 am

Gormwood wrote:
Eric Ciaramella wrote:

Not recognizing somebody doesn't mean they are DOS. It's the age of Trump, plenty of people have a clever themed new nation for posting. Keep up with the times.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:47 am

Eric Ciaramella wrote:
Gormwood wrote:Either "Snowden is a victim just like the whistleblower" or "Because Snowden, Therefore Whistleblower Should Be Outed." Take your pick.

I'll take #2 on the rocks, thanks. No one should be able to hide behind anonymity, ever.

Doesn't #2 rather make the case for whistleblower protections?

Eric Ciaramella
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Eric Ciaramella » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:51 am

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Eric Ciaramella wrote:

Doesn't #2 rather make the case for whistleblower protections?

I don't see how. I'd rather spend extra on security and know who is saying what than have to blindly trust people with private interests. And as was mentioned earlier, Snowden gave information to our rivals. He did something right and then did something wrong.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:54 am

Eric Ciaramella wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:Doesn't #2 rather make the case for whistleblower protections?

I don't see how. I'd rather spend extra on security and know who is saying what than have to blindly trust people with private interests. And as was mentioned earlier, Snowden gave information to our rivals. He did something right and then did something wrong.

So what exactly did the whistleblower do wrong, apart from "having the gall to snitch on The Donald"?

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:56 am

Eric Ciaramella wrote:
Gormwood wrote:Supposedly the whistleblower. Because endangering a potential whistleblower is OK if you're Republican.

And naming Julian Assange, Edward Snowden (among others) was somehow okay. You can't have it both ways. Both parties try and shield the evidence of their corruption, and in this case it is no different. The Democrats are doing everything to shield themselves and this is no different.

As I recall those two outed themselves.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:58 am

Vassenor wrote:
Eric Ciaramella wrote:
And naming Julian Assange, Edward Snowden (among others) was somehow okay. You can't have it both ways. Both parties try and shield the evidence of their corruption, and in this case it is no different. The Democrats are doing everything to shield themselves and this is no different.

As I recall those two outed themselves.

But that would ruin the narrative and the excuse for outing the whistleblower.

Eric Ciaramella
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Eric Ciaramella » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:59 am

Gormwood wrote:
Eric Ciaramella wrote:

So what exactly did the whistleblower do wrong, apart from "having the gall to snitch on The Donald"?

He did nothing wrong. "Snitching on the Donald", if Trump did something wrong, is exactly what I'd expect anyone to do. It's just shady to make politically convenient claims from behind the curtain of anonymity. If the whistleblower is correct about what he's saying, have him testify live to the American people. Let the truth get out.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:01 pm

The East Marches II wrote:
Gormwood wrote:So basically you're crying about it while hiding behind anonymity. DOS I presume.

Not recognizing somebody doesn't mean they are DOS. It's the age of Trump, plenty of people have a clever themed new nation for posting. Keep up with the times.

Then I guess I'm also a hypocrite, despite my disagreeing with the prosecution of Snowden :roll: And Assange, but for his leaks, not because he's a pedo. You can throw him in jail for that as much as you want.

Oh, right, no it doesn't... It's almost like people who think about it for more than a second can disagree with some of the policies of the Obama administration and not ignore the bad parts while still embracing the good he did.

Instead of just blindly flailing defending him for every single horrible thing a certain orange man does.
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:02 pm

Eric Ciaramella wrote:
Gormwood wrote:So what exactly did the whistleblower do wrong, apart from "having the gall to snitch on The Donald"?

He did nothing wrong. "Snitching on the Donald", if Trump did something wrong, is exactly what I'd expect anyone to do. It's just shady to make politically convenient claims from behind the curtain of anonymity. If the whistleblower is correct about what he's saying, have him testify live to the American people. Let the truth get out.

Their identity has absolutely nothing to do with their claims.

Does their EVIDENCE have merit and validity? Yes? Then what the fuck does who they are matter.
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Greater Miami Shores
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 06, 2010
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Greater Miami Shores » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:02 pm

Eric Ciaramella wrote:
Gormwood wrote:So basically you're crying about it while hiding behind anonymity. DOS I presume.

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=americastrailia , if you really want to know.

Dude I don't know who you are or if you are breaking an NS Rule or Not and you can prove it. I am not saying or implying you are. I have never seen your nation before and I have beem on NS since at least 2010 with the old co UK forums with at least one of my nations. Granted you have probably not seen my nation before.

Further, Ciaramella (pronounced char-a-MEL-ah) left his National Security Council posting in the White House’s West Wing in mid-2017 amid concerns about negative leaks to the media. He has since returned to CIA headquarters in Langley, Virginia.

He was accused of working against Trump and leaking against Trump,” said a former NSC official, speaking on condition of anonymity to discuss intelligence matters.

Federal documents reveal that the 33-year-old Ciaramella, a registered Democrat held over from the Obama White House, previously worked with former Vice President Joe Biden and former CIA Director John Brennan, a vocal critic of Trump who helped initiate the Russia “collusion” investigation of the Trump campaign during the 2016 election.

He was accused of working against Trump and leaking against Trump,” said a former NSC official, speaking on condition of anonymity to discuss intelligence matters.

Also, Ciaramella huddled for “guidance” with the staff of House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, including former colleagues also held over from the Obama era whom Schiff’s office had recently recruited from the NSC. Schiff is the lead prosecutor in the impeachment inquiry.

And Ciaramella worked with a Democratic National Committee operative who dug up dirt on the Trump campaign during the 2016 election, inviting her into the White House for meetings, former White House colleagues said. The operative, Alexandra Chalupa, a Ukrainian-American who supported Hillary Clinton, led an effort to link the Republican campaign to the Russian government. “He knows her. He had her in the White House,” said one former co-worker, who requested anonymity to discuss the sensitive matter.

Documents confirm the DNC opposition researcher attended at least one White House meeting with Ciaramella in November 2015. She visited the White House with a number of Ukrainian officials lobbying the Obama administration for aid for Ukraine.

With Ciaramella’s name long under wraps, interest in the intelligence analyst is so high that a handful of former colleagues have compiled a roughly 40-page research dossier on him. A classified version of the document is circulating on Capitol Hill, and briefings have been conducted based on it. One briefed Republican has been planning to unmask the whistleblower in a speech on the House floor.

On the Internet, meanwhile, Ciaramella's name for weeks has been bandied about on Twitter feeds and intelligence blogs as the suspected person who blew the whistle on the president. The mainstream media are also aware of his name.

“Everyone knows who he is. CNN knows. The Washington Post knows. The New York Times knows. Congress knows. The White House knows. Even the president knows who he is,” said Fred Fleitz, a former CIA analyst and national security adviser to Trump, who has fielded dozens of calls from the media.

Yet a rare hush has swept across the Potomac. The usually gossipy nation’s capital remains uncharacteristically — and curiously — mum, especially considering the magnitude of this story, only the fourth presidential impeachment inquiry in U.S. history.

Trump supporters blame the conspiracy of silence on a “corrupt” and "biased” media trying to protect the whistleblower from justified scrutiny of his political motives. They also complain Democrats have falsely claimed that exposing his identity would violate whistleblower protections, even though the relevant statute provides limited, not blanket, anonymity – and doesn’t cover press disclosures. His Democrat attorneys, meanwhile, have warned that outing him would put him and his family “at risk of harm," although government security personnel have been assigned to protect him.

“They’re hiding him,” Fleitz asserted. “They’re hiding him because of his political bias."

A CIA officer specializing in Russia and Ukraine, Ciaramella was detailed over to the National Security Council from the agency in the summer of 2015, working under Susan Rice, President Obama’s national security adviser. He also worked closely with the former vice president.

Federal records show that Biden’s office invited Ciaramella to an October 2016 state luncheon the vice president hosted for Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi. Other invited guests included Brennan, as well as then-FBI Director James Comey and then-National Intelligence Director James Clapper.

Several U.S. officials told RealClearInvestigations that the invitation that was extended to Ciaramella, a relatively low-level GS-13 federal employee, was unusual and signaled he was politically connected inside the Obama White House.

Former White House officials said Ciaramella worked on Ukrainian policy issues for Biden in 2015 and 2016, when the vice president was President Obama's "point man" for Ukraine. A Yale graduate, Ciaramella is said to speak Russian and Ukrainian, as well as Arabic. He had been assigned to the NSC by Brennan.

He was held over into the Trump administration, and headed the Ukraine desk at the NSC, eventually transitioning into the West Wing, until June 2017.

“He was moved over to the front office” to temporarily fill a vacancy, said a former White House official, where he “saw everything, read everything.”

The official added that it soon became clear among NSC staff that Ciaramella opposed the new Republican president’s foreign policies. “My recollection of Eric is that he was very smart and very passionate, particularly about Ukraine and Russia. That was his thing – Ukraine,” he said. “He didn’t exactly hide his passion with respect to what he thought was the right thing to do with Ukraine and Russia, and his views were at odds with the president’s policies.”

“So I wouldn’t be surprised if he was the whistleblower,” the official said.

You can read the rest of it on the link Provided by Real Clear Investigations:
https://www.realclearinvestigations.com ... 20996.html

According to right wing Real Clear Investigations Eric Ciaramella is the whistleblower with connections to the Democrats, Obama and Joe Biden and their is a lot more information their. Political biases and connections do count as reasons in cases like this and should be investigated in all cases.
https://www.realclearinvestigations.com ... 20996.html

I love your nation Flag and would like establish diplomatic RP relations in the near future.
Last edited by Greater Miami Shores on Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I once tried to K Me. Posted It and Reported. Locked by Mods. I am Autistic accounts for Repetitive Nature. I am Very Civil and Respectful to all on NS and off NS. My Opinions Are Not Bad Opinions No Ones Opinions Are Bad Opinons. We are on NS, to share, discuss, argue, disagree, on Trump, elections, Republicans, Democrats, Socialists, Libertarians and whatevers, with respect. This Respect Is Given It Is Not Earned, This Respect Is Called Freedom of Expression and Democracy. This Man Always Says What He Means, I Am The Real Thing. I Make Ted Cruz look like a Leftist. I have been on NS For over 10 Years with a Perfect Record of No Baiting, Trolling, Flaming, or Using Foul Language. I Am Very Proud of It and Wish To Keep My Record Clean. But I Am Not The Only One On NS. GMS. I'm Based.

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:05 pm

The Rich Port wrote:
The East Marches II wrote:

Then I guess I'm also a hypocrite, despite my disagreeing with the prosecution of Snowden :roll: And Assange, but for his leaks, not because he's a pedo. You can throw him in jail for that as much as you want.

Oh, right, no it doesn't... It's almost like people who think about it for more than a second can disagree with some of the policies of the Obama administration and not ignore the bad parts while still embracing the good he did.

Instead of just blindly flailing defending him for every single horrible thing a certain orange man does.

My cannon of criticism was not aimed at your Mr. Port. Yes, some people are capable of disagreeing with certain policies of the Obama administration while simultaneously condemning Trump. Gauthier however, is not one of those people at the moment. So I will continue to attack his position in the hopes one day maybe, he will see the light. Afterall, he still defends Obama concentrating even more executive power for Trump even after 2016 went sideways. Such an irrational point of view should be torn down. We should encourage spiking the guns, not handing them over!

Ifreann
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Ifreann » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:07 pm

Republicans want to know who the whistleblower is so they can run a smear campaign and try to convince people that the impeachment proceedings are illegitimate if the whistleblower worked for the Obama administration or something like that.

Trump wants to know who the whistleblower is so he can have them killed.
He/Him

beating the devil
we never run from the devil
we never summon the devil
we never hide from from the devil
we never

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:10 pm

Ifreann wrote:Republicans want to know who the whistleblower is so they can run a smear campaign and try to convince people that the impeachment proceedings are illegitimate if the whistleblower worked for the Obama administration or something like that.

The latter bit is why they should investigate his mafia ties. Nobody works in New York construction during the time he did without being tainted by that stuff.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:14 pm

Eric Ciaramella wrote:
Gormwood wrote:So what exactly did the whistleblower do wrong, apart from "having the gall to snitch on The Donald"?

They did let the truth get out. They reported to the inspector general who investigated the validity of the information which justified a full investigation where most of the report has been verified. There's literally nothing the whistleblower can add, especially since more direct witnesses have been questioned at this point.

Eric Ciaramella
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Eric Ciaramella » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:14 pm

Ifreann wrote:Republicans want to know who the whistleblower is so they can run a smear campaign and try to convince people that the impeachment proceedings are illegitimate if the whistleblower worked for the Obama administration or something like that.

lol If this were legitimate Trump would have been impeached by now. Musings about impeachment began the moment it looked like Trump was about to win. This is like "lock her up" on steroids.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General