NATION

PASSWORD

MAGAThread XVII: All Things NOT Impeachment

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Which would be your favored candidate for the 2020 Republican Party presidential nomination?

Donald Trump
27%
Rocky De La Fuente
3%
Joe Walsh
2%
Bill Weld
13%
Bob Ely
No votes
Zoltan Istvan
3%
None of the above/other
17%
David Hasselhoff
34%

Total votes : 173

Miami Shores
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 19, 2008
Anarchy

Postby Miami Shores » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:10 am

Nakena wrote:
Miami Shores wrote:I wish the Moderators would accept my private or public poll options suggestions I submitted on the Moderators forum, it fits all Trump maga threads, many nations read our posts but don't vote, with the poll they might vote, many nations don't vote on the poll link site. I wish the Moderators would let us create public polls again on our general and RP threads.

As thread OP I am accapting public poll options and suggestions. If you got any let me know here in thread. Just make sure to tag it with #poll so I can find it. Once the current one has run its course, it can be replaced by another one.

I sent you my Poll options suggestions thank you Nakena.

GMS Alberto
lol - I am the worlds greatest insomniac, I beat the worlds record every day. I love math statistics and accounting my profession. Retired home bought and paid for, own 2 rental properties. Many vacations in Miami Beach hotels, Niagara Falls Canada, Puerto Rico, Puerto Plata and Punta Cana Dominican Republic. I am not rich but I am not poor, over all not bad. Proud conservative Republican native Cuban and American citizen supporter of President Trump. President Ronald Reagan the greatest American President of the USA ever and the original Make America Great Again President. President Trump the second greatest American President of the USA ever.

Miami Shores
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Miami Shores » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:45 am

oh oops : As thread OP I am accapting public poll options and suggestions. If you got any let me know here in thread. Just make sure to tag it with #poll so I can find it. Once the current one has run its course, it can be replaced by another one.

I suggest these poll options. I number the poll options to make it easier on my eyesight to follow, I am the only one on NS who numbers the poll options, and I think it looks cool to do so.

I don't know how to Tag and don't like it and I am Tech stupid. You can copy paste the poll options and post it on your thread at any time if you wish, it can be done.

Number of Poll options 5 - days of poll I suggest 0 days which means it has no end date, but you are the OP and you decide of course.

I wish the Moderators would allow us to create Public Polls again on our General and RP Threads, but if not at least it is a Private Poll.

Poll Question Impeach or not Impeach Trump ? Vote and Post

01 - The impeachment attempt against President Trump by the Democrats is political discuss
02 - The impeachment attempt against President Trump by the Democrats is not political discuss
03 - President Trump is innocent of Trump Ukraine Gate discuss
04 - President Trump is guilty of Trump Ukraine Gate discuss
05 - President Trump is innocent of collusion discuss
06 - President Trump is guilty of collusion discuss
07 - President Trump is innocent of obstruction discuss
08 - President Trump is guilty of obstruction discuss
09 - President Trump is innocent of the emoluments clause discuss
10 - President Trump is guilty of the emoluments clause discuss
Thank You.
GMS Alberto
Last edited by Miami Shores on Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
lol - I am the worlds greatest insomniac, I beat the worlds record every day. I love math statistics and accounting my profession. Retired home bought and paid for, own 2 rental properties. Many vacations in Miami Beach hotels, Niagara Falls Canada, Puerto Rico, Puerto Plata and Punta Cana Dominican Republic. I am not rich but I am not poor, over all not bad. Proud conservative Republican native Cuban and American citizen supporter of President Trump. President Ronald Reagan the greatest American President of the USA ever and the original Make America Great Again President. President Trump the second greatest American President of the USA ever.

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:47 am

Miami Shores wrote:oh oops : As thread OP I am accapting public poll options and suggestions. If you got any let me know here in thread. Just make sure to tag it with #poll so I can find it. Once the current one has run its course, it can be replaced by another one.

I suggest these poll options. I number the poll options to make it easier on my eyesight to follow, I am the only one on NS who numbers the poll options, and I think it looks cool to do so.

I don't know how to Tag and don't like it and I am Tech stupid. You can copy paste the poll options and post it on your thread at any time if you wish, it can be done.

Number of Poll options 5 - days of poll I suggest 0 days which means it has no end date, but you are the OP and you decide of course.

I wish the Moderators would allow us to create Public Polls again on our General and RP Threads, but if not at least it is a Private Poll.

01 - The impeachment attempt against President Trump by the Democrats is political discuss
02 - The impeachment attempt against President Trump by the Democrats is not political discuss
09- President Trump is innocent of the emoluments clause discuss
Thank You.
GMS Alberto

Thanks Alberto, I'll take them into the consideration once the current poll has run its course.

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bombadil » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:14 am

Nakena wrote:Thanks Alberto, I'll take them into the consideration once the current poll has run its course.

I think public polling is a technical issue with the boards but, regardless, the poll questions aren't great. I would suggest..

I think the impeachment enquiry..

1. ..is largely political with slight basis in fact
2. ..is slightly political with large basis in fact
3. ..is largely political with large basis in fact
4. ..is slightly political with slight basis in fact

Throw in some requisite Hasselhoff, poll clicking and at least one pun and you're set.
Last edited by Bombadil on Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Miami Shores
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Miami Shores » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:19 am

Bombadil wrote:
Nakena wrote:Thanks Alberto, I'll take them into the consideration once the current poll has run its course.

I think public polling is a technical issue with the boards but, regardless, the poll questions aren't great. I would suggest..

I think the impeachment enquiry..

4. ..is slightly political with slight basis in fact

Throw in some requisite Hasselhoff, poll clicking and at least one pun and you're set.

OP's have the right to ask for Poll suggestions, fellow nations have the right to ask the OP to Post a Poll if the OP agrees, I have done so and others have done so on other threads.

4. ..is slightly political with slight basis in fact[/i]

Saying with slight or large basis in fact is saying that it is political to some extent.

My Poll says it is Political and it is not Political, Trump is innocent and Trump is guilty.
Last edited by Miami Shores on Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:27 am, edited 5 times in total.

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Postby Bombadil » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:25 am

Miami Shores wrote:Saying with slight basis in fact is saying that it is political to some extent.

I don't think anyone can say entirely political with zero basis in fact, or entirely factual with zero politics, so I think those options are obsolete.

At best it would show who is so thoroughly partisan that their opinion can simply be discounted, but since public polling is technically not possible - I vaguely feel it's a PHP issue - then it's moo..
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Miami Shores
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Miami Shores » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:28 am

Bombadil wrote:
Miami Shores wrote:Saying with slight basis in fact is saying that it is political to some extent.

I don't think anyone can say entirely political with zero basis in fact, or entirely factual with zero politics, so I think those options are obsolete.

At best it would show who is so thoroughly partisan that their opinion can simply be discounted, but since public polling is technically not possible - I vaguely feel it's a PHP issue - then it's moo..

I strongly and respectfully disagree with you, it shows their actual opinions, the rest of the details can be discussed as my poll asks in every question.
Last edited by Miami Shores on Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Postby Bombadil » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:35 am

Miami Shores wrote:
Bombadil wrote:

I strongly and respectfully disagree with you, it shows their actual opinions, the rest of the details can be discussed as my poll asks in every question.

Did Trump have a call with the President of the Ukraine - is that a fact?
Did Trump ask for investigations into Hunter Biden - is that a fact?
Did Trump hinge military aid on the investigation - to be discerned
Did Trump demand quid quo pro - maybe

There are some facts, to say there are zero is to deny reality.

十年

Miami Shores
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Miami Shores » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:38 am

Bombadil wrote:
Miami Shores wrote:I strongly and respectfully disagree with you, it shows their actual opinions, the rest of the details can be discussed as my poll asks in every question.

Did Trump have a call with the President of the Ukraine - is that a fact?
Did Trump ask for investigations into Hunter Biden - is that a fact?
Did Trump hinge military aid on the investigation - to be discerned
Did Trump demand quid quo pro - maybe

There are some facts, to say there are zero is to deny reality.

Those questions can and are being discussed on this thread and all Trump impeachment threads, my poll options ask is Trump innocent or guilty, what do our fellow nations think.

Suggestions

5 options - 0 days meaning it has no ending date or up to the OP of course.

09- President Trump is innocent of the emoluments clause discuss
Thank You.
GMS Alberto
Last edited by Miami Shores on Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:42 am

Or you know we could just not have a poll.
Last edited by Vassenor on Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:43 am

Vassenor wrote:Or you know we could not have a poll.

Why not? I find polls to be very illuminating. I for one want to see what NSG thinks. Go on boys! Sort us out a good poll.

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Postby Bombadil » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:45 am

Miami Shores wrote:01 - The impeachment attempt against President Trump by the Democrats is political discuss

See this here is why your poll questions are disingenuous.. I doubt anyone on these boards don't think that, of course, the impeachment enquiry is political, but that it's also based in fact. You're doing what's called in polling 'forcing', either it's entirely political with no basis or entirely not political and only based in fact. You're forcing an answer.

Your poll is based on your own forced conclusion, that the impeachment is purely political.

Your questions are biased to your preconceived conclusion, mine aren't.

十年

Miami Shores
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Miami Shores » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:45 am

Vassenor wrote:Or you know we could just not have a poll.

Vassenor, I love Public Polls on all General and RP Threads, you have never seen one of my General and RP Threads without a Poll, I have suggested Polls before on other threads if the OP agrees.

Fellow nations have suggested Polls on other threads if the OP agrees.
Last edited by Miami Shores on Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Miami Shores
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Miami Shores » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:50 am

Bombadil wrote:
Miami Shores wrote:01 - The impeachment attempt against President Trump by the Democrats is political discuss

See this here is why your poll questions are disingenuous.. I doubt anyone on these boards don't think that, of course, the impeachment enquiry is political, but that it's also based in fact. You're doing what's called in polling 'forcing', either it's entirely political with no basis or entirely not political and only based in fact. You're forcing an answer.

Your poll is based on your own forced conclusion, that the impeachment is purely political.

My poll options asks direct questions Is President Trump innocent or guilty on all the charges discuss, is it political or not political discuss, at least it asks direct questions is Trump innocent or guilty on each charge discuss.

How many times on almost all posts have I said it is political lets not deny it, and not even one nation has said yes, but now they can vote, and fellow nations who read our posts but don't post can now vote.
Last edited by Miami Shores on Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:55 am, edited 5 times in total.

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Postby Bombadil » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:53 am

Miami Shores wrote:
Bombadil wrote:

My poll options asks direct questions Is President Trump innocent or guilty on all the charges, is it political or not political discuss, at least it asks direct questions is Trump innocent or guilty on each charge discuss.

How many times almost all posts have I said it is political lets not deny it, not even one nation has said yes.

Anticipating your response I ran a quick search on myself - Link - that's from 2013.

I work in this field, I know what is a biased set of questions and what isn't, your poll is forcing bad answers.
Last edited by Bombadil on Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

十年

Miami Shores
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Miami Shores » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:56 am

Bombadil wrote:
Miami Shores wrote:My poll options asks direct questions Is President Trump innocent or guilty on all the charges, is it political or not political discuss, at least it asks direct questions is Trump innocent or guilty on each charge discuss.

How many times almost all posts have I said it is political lets not deny it, not even one nation has said yes.

Anticipating your response I ran a quick search on myself - Link - that's from 2013.

I work in this field, I know what is a biased set of questions and what isn't, your poll is forcing bad answers.

Human behavior varies from persons to persons, what is biased or not depends on persons to persons, no one has an absolute truth on what is biased or not, but they can give their opinions pro or con as my polls asks in every question with discuss, which is what we are supposed to do on NS threads, only God is perfect if they believe in God.
Last edited by Miami Shores on Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:00 am, edited 3 times in total.

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Postby Bombadil » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:59 am

Miami Shores wrote:
Bombadil wrote:

Human behavior varies from persons to persons, what is biased or not depends on persons to persons.

No, what is biased is when opinions supersede facts. Something you've proven yourself monumentally prone to.
Last edited by Bombadil on Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

十年

Miami Shores
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Miami Shores » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:01 am

Bombadil wrote:
Miami Shores wrote:Human behavior varies from persons to persons, what is biased or not depends on persons to persons.

No, what is biased is when opinions supersede facts. Something you've proven yourself monumentally prone to.

Based on your posts I think you believe Trump is guilty, based on my posts I believe Trump is innocent, they are our opinions to express, discuss and vote on. No one can say I am right and you are wrong that is wrong.

That is un American and undemocratic.
Last edited by Miami Shores on Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Autumn Wind
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 09, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Autumn Wind » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:02 am

Miami Shores wrote:
Bombadil wrote:

My poll options asks direct questions Is President Trump innocent or guilty on all the charges discuss, is it political or not political discuss, at least it asks direct questions is Trump innocent or guilty on each charge discuss.

How many times on almost all posts have I said it is political lets not deny it, and not even one nation has said yes, but now they can vote, and fellow nations who read our posts but don't post can now vote.

Why make the options all in or all out? Why not include a variety of potential possibilities? Instead of completely innocent or completely guilty, have very varying degrees of guilt or innocence? Or even a “more information required” option?
Your faith does not amuse me. Fundamentalism is a singularly unfunny disposition- A Rightist Puppet

In short, "fascist" is a modern word for "heretic," branding an individual worthy of excommunication from the body politic. The right uses otherwords ("reverse-racist," "feminazi," "unamerican," "communist") for similiar purposes, but these words have less elastic meanings. Fascism, however, is the gift that keeps on giving. - Jonah Goldberg, revisited.

Miami Shores
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Miami Shores » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:04 am

Autumn Wind wrote:
Miami Shores wrote:My poll options asks direct questions Is President Trump innocent or guilty on all the charges discuss, is it political or not political discuss, at least it asks direct questions is Trump innocent or guilty on each charge discuss.

Why make the options all in or all out? Why not include a variety of potential possibilities? Instead of completely innocent or completely guilty, have very varying degrees of guilt or innocence? Or even a “more information required” option?

I have answered those questions on my posts above. I included the possibilities of guilty or not guilty on all the possible charges with discuss, which is what we are supposed to do on NS threads.
Last edited by Miami Shores on Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Postby Bombadil » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:05 am

Miami Shores wrote:
Bombadil wrote:

Based on your posts I think you believe Trump is guilty, based on my posts I believe Trump is innocent, they are our opinions to express, discuss and vote on.

That is irrelevant to the framing of questions to discern the nuance of what people believe. There is a science to asking questions to understand people's opinions, down to the very words used but certainly avoiding false black and white terms.

i.e.

I believe God created everything and humans have no choice
I believe humans have full choice and God created nothing

What's your answer?
Last edited by Bombadil on Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

十年

Miami Shores
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Miami Shores » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:12 am

Bombadil wrote:
Miami Shores wrote:Based on your posts I think you believe Trump is guilty, based on my posts I believe Trump is innocent, they are our opinions to express, discuss and vote on.

That is irrelevant to the framing of questions to discern the nuance of what people believe. There is a science to asking questions to understand people's opinions, down to the very words used but certainly avoiding false black and white terms.

i.e.

What's your answer?

I believe God created everything and humans have a choice to believe or not believe in God. I believe their is a God and Spirits.

I have posted about this on other threads, when I lived in Cuba I saw spirits at the house I lived in, my room was the one at the end of the hall next to the dinning room, at night I would stand in the dinning room and look down to the living room and I would see an old lady sitting in the rocking chair we had rocking herself.

We investigated and found out the house we bought fully furnished with the rocking chair used to belong to an old lady who loved to sit in the rocking chair late at night and died in the house, the lady I saw, since then I believe in God and Spirits.
Last edited by Miami Shores on Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Postby Bombadil » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:17 am

Miami Shores wrote:
Bombadil wrote:

i.e.

What's your answer?

I believe God created everything and humans have a choice to believe or not believe in God. I believe their is a God and Spirits.

I have posted about this on other threads, when I lived in Cuba I saw spirits at the house I lived in, my room was the one at the end of the hall next to the dinning room, at night I would stand in the dinning room and look down to the living room and I would see an old lady sitting in the rocking chair we had rocking herself.

We investigated and found out the house we bought fully furnished with the rocking chair used to belong to an old lady who loved to sit in the rocking chair late at night and died in the house, since then I believe in God and Spirits.

Right, but you see how my questions didn't allow for your answer, much as asking if entirely political and no fact or entirely factual and no politics doesn't allow for exactly what you answered.

You believe in God and the ability to choose, much as people can believe it's political and yet still have basis in fact.

十年

Telconi
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:17 am

The East Marches II wrote:
Vassenor wrote:Or you know we could not have a poll.

Why not? I find polls to be very illuminating. I for one want to see what NSG thinks. Go on boys! Sort us out a good poll.

>Turkey goes on the warpath and TEM shows up.

:eyebrow:
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

An Alan Smithee Nation
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby An Alan Smithee Nation » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:19 am

Perhaps we could have a poll megathread. ;)
Everything is intertwinkled

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General