NATION

PASSWORD

Uganda to reinstate death penalty for Homosexuality

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Jean-Paul Sartre
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Jean-Paul Sartre » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:22 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Jean-Paul Sartre wrote:No comments here about race; it isn't just blacks that call for genocide of homosexuals, it's just that the west has largely moved on from it.

Which is why Evangelicals travelled to Africa to agitate and lobby in favor of killing LGBTs. But let's pretend it was entirely an African idea.

It takes a receptive culture. We have those crazies here too; in fact, they live here.
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
-Heraclitus of Ephesus

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:25 pm

This is saddening but hardly surprising. It’s Uganda after all. I don’t think we can do much but perhaps alert some human rights organizations to see if they can do something.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Vetalia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 23, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Vetalia » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:32 pm

“Homosexuality is not natural to Ugandans, but there has been a massive recruitment by gay people in schools, and especially among the youth, where they are promoting the falsehood that people are born like that,” Ethics and Integrity Minister Simon Lokodo told the Thomson Reuters Foundation.

Damn, I must have missed the meeting in high school where the gay recruiter showed up and started recruiting us to become homosexuals, because apparently that also happens in Uganda and I imagine American schools are on the forefront of education in this regard. I'm thinking a guy that looked like R. Lee Ermey wearing a rainbow-colored campaign cover showed up at Kampala High and gave them a major dressing down making the students gay.
Last edited by Vetalia on Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05

Duhon
Senator

Founded: Nov 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Duhon » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:32 pm

Jean-Paul Sartre wrote:Yet another reason Western civilization is superior to African cultures.

said western civilization was the one who both introduced the (rarely-enforced) statutes governing the treatment of lgbts, back when nearly all of africa was still a de jure western plaything

said western civilization also had the temerity to send in garbage evangelicals who then schooled africans on the evils of lgbts

all roads point to the west, but not in the way you think

Jean-Paul Sartre
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Jean-Paul Sartre » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:33 pm

Vetalia wrote:
“Homosexuality is not natural to Ugandans, but there has been a massive recruitment by gay people in schools, and especially among the youth, where they are promoting the falsehood that people are born like that,” Ethics and Integrity Minister Simon Lokodo told the Thomson Reuters Foundation.

Damn, I must have missed the meeting in high school where the gay recruiter showed up and started recruiting us to become homosexuals. I imagine a guy that looked like R. Lee Ermey wearing a rainbow-colored campaign cover showed up and gave them a major dressing down.

Reminds me of when Caitlyn Jenner recruited me for being trans. Happened around the same time I got my first paycheck for being a Soros crisis actor.
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
-Heraclitus of Ephesus

Aeritai
Minister

Founded: Oct 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeritai » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:34 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
The Alma Mater wrote:
A government motivated by evangelical christianity. They are pretty open on why they want to kill da gayz: it is because Jesus wants them to.

I can assure you Jesus wants nothing of the sort.

I agree with this post, as Christians, we need to show others our love towards other people. We're not supposed to create hate or wish death upon a certain group, sadly there will always be that one group who takes it too far.
Just call me Aeri
IC: This is a fantasy medieval nation full of deer people... Yes you read that right, deer people
I am a Human Female

Jean-Paul Sartre
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Jean-Paul Sartre » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:35 pm

Duhon wrote:
Jean-Paul Sartre wrote:Yet another reason Western civilization is superior to African cultures.

said western civilization was the one who both introduced the (rarely-enforced) statutes governing the treatment of lgbts, back when nearly all of africa was still a de jure western plaything

said western civilization also had the temerity to send in garbage evangelicals who then schooled africans on the evils of lgbts

Western evangelicals are largely kept in check by the Western tradition of the rule of law.
-Heraclitus of Ephesus

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:35 pm

Western civilization did the same thing.
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

Jean-Paul Sartre
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Jean-Paul Sartre » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:36 pm

Geneviev wrote:

Western civilization did the same thing.

80 years ago, yeah.
-Heraclitus of Ephesus

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:39 pm

Jean-Paul Sartre wrote:
Geneviev wrote:Western civilization did the same thing.

80 years ago, yeah.

There are people who still want that. It doesn't make anyone superior.
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

Jean-Paul Sartre
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Jean-Paul Sartre » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:40 pm

Geneviev wrote:
Jean-Paul Sartre wrote:80 years ago, yeah.

There are people who still want that. It doesn't make anyone superior.

There are, and society keeps them in check.
-Heraclitus of Ephesus

Duhon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Duhon » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:42 pm

Jean-Paul Sartre wrote:
Duhon wrote:

Western evangelicals are largely kept in check by the Western tradition of the rule of law.

so you're saying there are no laws or the notion of the rule of law in uganda, just because ugandans favor their laws to put lgbts to death for being lgbt?

Vetalia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 23, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Vetalia » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:43 pm

Jean-Paul Sartre wrote:
Vetalia wrote:
Damn, I must have missed the meeting in high school where the gay recruiter showed up and started recruiting us to become homosexuals. I imagine a guy that looked like R. Lee Ermey wearing a rainbow-colored campaign cover showed up and gave them a major dressing down.

Reminds me of when Caitlyn Jenner recruited me for being trans. Happened around the same time I got my first paycheck for being a Soros crisis actor.

I never got paid for Sandy Hoax, what the hell? I played dead for three hours and even bought fake blood...Soros is as fake as Obama's birth certificate.
Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:44 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Jean-Paul Sartre wrote:No comments here about race; it isn't just blacks that call for genocide of homosexuals, it's just that the west has largely moved on from it.

Which is why Evangelicals travelled to Africa to agitate and lobby in favor of killing LGBTs. But let's pretend it was entirely an African idea.

I just want to note here that Evangelical covers a really wide and ill defined umbrella group of Protestant Christians. There are a lot of people who would fall under that umbrella that would not agitate for this kind of thing.

I mean, this is a term that covers people like Billy Graham on one end, and the Westboro Baptists on the other.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Jean-Paul Sartre
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Jean-Paul Sartre » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:45 pm

Duhon wrote:
Jean-Paul Sartre wrote:Western evangelicals are largely kept in check by the Western tradition of the rule of law.

so you're saying there are no laws or the notion of the rule of law in uganda, just because ugandans favor their laws to put lgbts to death for being lgbt?

I'm saying that there's things like due process in the US, and constitutional standards, and that Uganda does not. I am not saying it has no laws, to the contrary, I am saying that it is a culture that largely produces unjust laws.
-Heraclitus of Ephesus

Jean-Paul Sartre
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Jean-Paul Sartre » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:46 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Gormwood wrote:Which is why Evangelicals travelled to Africa to agitate and lobby in favor of killing LGBTs. But let's pretend it was entirely an African idea.

I just want to note here that Evangelical covers a really wide and ill defined umbrella group of Protestant Christians. There are a lot of people who would fall under that umbrella that would not agitate for this kind of thing.

I mean, this is a term that covers people like Billy Graham on one end, and the Westboro Baptists on the other.

Well aware of that! Just using the term that this thread was already using. I'll switch to "fundie" if that's more apt.
-Heraclitus of Ephesus

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:46 pm

Jean-Paul Sartre wrote:
Geneviev wrote:There are people who still want that. It doesn't make anyone superior.

There are, and society keeps them in check.

Not really. They still have those opinions. The only difference is that those people are making laws in Uganda.

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:48 pm

Jean-Paul Sartre wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:

Well aware of that! Just using the term that this thread was already using. I'll switch to "fundie" if that's more apt.

Yeah, Fundamentalist is probably the more correct term for people that would agitate for this kind of thing.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Munkcestrian Republic
Minister

Founded: May 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian Republic » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:49 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Gormwood wrote:Which is why Evangelicals travelled to Africa to agitate and lobby in favor of killing LGBTs. But let's pretend it was entirely an African idea.

so, antisemites and antisemites?
if you like my posts please make sure to downvote my factbooks.
DON'T CLICK
"lmao child you come into MY region"
no, this nation does not represent my
views. i cannot believe i have to clarify this

for RPers
my views explained

Jean-Paul Sartre
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Jean-Paul Sartre » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:49 pm

Geneviev wrote:
Jean-Paul Sartre wrote:There are, and society keeps them in check.

Not really. They still have those opinions. The only difference is that those people are making laws in Uganda.

Fundies are in government here, and we yet don't have those laws. The institutional foundations of the west are much stronger.
-Heraclitus of Ephesus

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:51 pm

Jean-Paul Sartre wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:
Nice racism you've got there.

No comments here about race; it isn't just blacks that call for genocide of homosexuals, it's just that the west has largely moved on from it.

A. A decent chunk of the West has not
B. Yeah, uh, this hatred of homosexuals in a lot of the world comes from Western Christian culture and influences
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Munkcestrian Republic
Minister

Founded: May 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian Republic » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:51 pm

I mean it's nice that some people are pointing out the American influence behind this but it's also very disappointing that some people are trying to defend it.
if you like my posts please make sure to downvote my factbooks.
DON'T CLICK
"lmao child you come into MY region"
no, this nation does not represent my
views. i cannot believe i have to clarify this

for RPers
my views explained

Duhon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Duhon » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:52 pm

Jean-Paul Sartre wrote:
Duhon wrote:

I'm saying that there's things like due process in the US, and constitutional standards, and that Uganda does not. I am not saying it has no laws, to the contrary, I am saying that it is a culture that largely produces unjust laws.

neither due process nor constitutional standards preclude shit from hitting any number of fans
the united states being a pertinent example right this moment

uganda for all its following a trend of favoring dictatorial strongmen over democratic processes does do things legally, by conventions first set up by its one-time colonial overlords

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:52 pm

Munkcestrian Republic wrote:I mean it's nice that some people are pointing out the American influence behind this but it's also very disappointing that some people are trying to defend it.

...Who's defending it?

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:53 pm

Munkcestrian Republic wrote:I mean it's nice that some people are pointing out the American influence behind this but it's also very disappointing that some people are trying to defend it.

A. No one's doing that
B. This is England's fault, they're the ones who owned Uganda (America only had 1 African colony, and that was on the West Coast)
Last edited by New haven america on Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General