NATION

PASSWORD

Right-Wing Discussion Thread XVIII: Hyena Central Command 憶ラ

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

After trial and conviction, what should be done with serial sexual abusers?

1. Death penalty
42%
2. Life in prison but in gen pop
23%
3. 7 Day ban for choosing any of the two above
16%
4. Life in prison but in protective custody
18%

Total votes : 132

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:23 am

Napkizemlja wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:
>Protestants schism at the drop of a hat, so it's better than unified Churches.

Nice.

"I'm going to create my own Church, with blackjack and hookers!" - Martin Luther to the Pope
"I'm going to create my own Church, with blackjack, hookers, and payday lenders!" - John Calvin to Martin Luther
"Immae gunna create me own fookin' kirk with blackjack, 'ookars, payday lendars 'nd fookin' fook ya wee cunt" - John Knox to John Calvin
"I'm going to create my own church!" *crickets* "What? I just want everyone to be nice." - The Quakers to everyone else

You forgot the Baptists...

Xuloqoia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 05, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Xuloqoia » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:23 am

Napkizemlja wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:
>Protestants schism at the drop of a hat, so it's better than unified Churches.

Nice.

"I'm going to create my own Church, with blackjack and hookers!" - Martin Luther to the Pope
"I'm going to create my own Church, with blackjack, hookers, and payday lenders!" - John Calvin to Martin Luther
"Immae gunna create me own fookin' kirk with blackjack, 'ookars, payday lendars 'nd fookin' fook ya wee cunt" - John Knox to John Calvin
"I'm going to create my own church!" *crickets* "What? I just want everyone to be nice." - The Quakers to everyone else

Hey, don't knock the Quakers! They founded my home state of Pennsylvania...

Okay, you can knock on them for that. It's a real (pardon my language) shithole in most of the state, such as where I grew up.
I may return for somewhat longer than I was initially expecting. Why am I here? No idea whatsoever. I really ought to find some way out of this place.

Also, the NS stats don't reflect my RL views, just to clarify.

South Central South-Park
Attaché

Founded: Sep 19, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby South Central South-Park » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:28 am

Salus Maior wrote:
South Central South-Park wrote:Nothing wrong with decentralization buddy, I dont need to listen to some Pope in Rome or the Patriarch in Constantinople.

Decentralization is a very different thing from constantly splitting and schisming over the smallest doctrinal difference.

The Pope and the Patriarch of Constantinople are not parallels. Orthodoxy is also very decentralized, and Constantinople doesn't have authority throughout the Eastern Church.

Nothing wrong with being to break off from those who corrupt the faith and preach falsities and practice blasphemy, like the catholics Pope who said gays go to heaven. And I dont give two licks about the Orthodox church, every single orthodox country is full of drunks and lazy people. They call it protestant work ethic for a reason, just look at the countries who practice it, orthodoxy dont teach any valuable lessons.

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:34 am

South Central South-Park wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:
Decentralization is a very different thing from constantly splitting and schisming over the smallest doctrinal difference.

The Pope and the Patriarch of Constantinople are not parallels. Orthodoxy is also very decentralized, and Constantinople doesn't have authority throughout the Eastern Church.

Nothing wrong with being to break off from those who corrupt the faith and preach falsities and practice blasphemy, like the catholics Pope who said gays go to heaven. And I dont give two licks about the Orthodox church, every single orthodox country is full of drunks and lazy people. They call it protestant work ethic for a reason, just look at the countries who practice it, orthodoxy dont teach any valuable lessons.

The Protestant countries, you mean? Yeah, they're all a bunch of secular, liberal, hellholes, thanks to Protestantism...At least most of the Catholic and Orthodox countries still have some semblance of traditional values and Western Civilization - those countries that haven't sold out to Globalism and Secularism; which aren't many. But I can't think of one Protestant country that that applies to.
Last edited by Nea Byzantia on Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:38 am

Xuloqoia wrote:
Hanafuridake wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalmykia

Best Russia.

I didn't know that you were into Chess, Hana. I always thought of you as more of a Go person.

Well that too, I definitely love a game of chess. But it's also the only Buddhist-majority place in Europe. My best friend lived near there for most of his early life.
Nation name in proper language: 花降岳|पुष्पद्वीप
Theravada Buddhist
李贽 wrote:There is nothing difficult about becoming a sage, and nothing false about transcending the world of appearances.
Suriyanakhon's alt, finally found my old account's password

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:40 am

Nea Byzantia wrote:
South Central South-Park wrote:Nothing wrong with being to break off from those who corrupt the faith and preach falsities and practice blasphemy, like the catholics Pope who said gays go to heaven. And I dont give two licks about the Orthodox church, every single orthodox country is full of drunks and lazy people. They call it protestant work ethic for a reason, just look at the countries who practice it, orthodoxy dont teach any valuable lessons.

The Protestant countries, you mean? Yeah, they're all a bunch of secular, liberal, hellholes, thanks to Protestantism...At least most of the Catholic and Orthodox countries still have some semblance of traditional values and Western Civilization - those countries that haven't sold out to Globalism and Secularism; which aren't many. But I can't think of one Protestant country that that applies to.

The Faroe Islands are technically not an independent country, but are likely the most socially conservative part of Europe despite being very Protestant.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:41 am

Diopolis wrote:
Nea Byzantia wrote:The Protestant countries, you mean? Yeah, they're all a bunch of secular, liberal, hellholes, thanks to Protestantism...At least most of the Catholic and Orthodox countries still have some semblance of traditional values and Western Civilization - those countries that haven't sold out to Globalism and Secularism; which aren't many. But I can't think of one Protestant country that that applies to.

The Faroe Islands are technically not an independent country, but are likely the most socially conservative part of Europe despite being very Protestant.

They belong to Denmark; so they don't count, even though they're autonomous.

Xuloqoia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Xuloqoia » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:43 am

Hanafuridake wrote:
Xuloqoia wrote:
I didn't know that you were into Chess, Hana. I always thought of you as more of a Go person.

Well that too, I definitely love a game of chess. But it's also the only Buddhist-majority place in Europe. My best friend lived near there for most of his early life.

Neat.

Diopolis wrote:
Nea Byzantia wrote:The Protestant countries, you mean? Yeah, they're all a bunch of secular, liberal, hellholes, thanks to Protestantism...At least most of the Catholic and Orthodox countries still have some semblance of traditional values and Western Civilization - those countries that haven't sold out to Globalism and Secularism; which aren't many. But I can't think of one Protestant country that that applies to.

Faroe Islands... it's been a while since I've looked at a map. Aren't they part of Denmark, if I'm not mistaken?
I may return for somewhat longer than I was initially expecting. Why am I here? No idea whatsoever. I really ought to find some way out of this place.

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:44 am

Xuloqoia wrote:
Hanafuridake wrote:

Neat.

Diopolis wrote:The Faroe Islands are technically not an independent country, but are likely the most socially conservative part of Europe despite being very Protestant.

Faroe Islands... it's been a while since I've looked at a map. Aren't they part of Denmark, if I'm not mistaken?

Yup.

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:44 am

Nea Byzantia wrote:
South Central South-Park wrote:Nothing wrong with being to break off from those who corrupt the faith and preach falsities and practice blasphemy, like the catholics Pope who said gays go to heaven. And I dont give two licks about the Orthodox church, every single orthodox country is full of drunks and lazy people. They call it protestant work ethic for a reason, just look at the countries who practice it, orthodoxy dont teach any valuable lessons.

Kowani can correct me if I'm wrong, but Spain, Italy, and France all seem pretty liberal by most standards. I've not seen Macron cry Deus Vult yet at least. In regard to Orthodox countries, decriminalizing spousal battery and constantly badgering Germany for reparation money aren't particularly impressive.
Theravada Buddhist
李贽 wrote:There is nothing difficult about becoming a sage, and nothing false about transcending the world of appearances.

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:44 am

Xuloqoia wrote:
Hanafuridake wrote:

Neat.

Diopolis wrote:The Faroe Islands are technically not an independent country, but are likely the most socially conservative part of Europe despite being very Protestant.

They are an autonomous part of Denmark, sort of similar to Puerto Rico and the US.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:46 am

Hanafuridake wrote:

Kowani can correct me if I'm wrong, but Spain, Italy, and France all seem pretty liberal by most standards. I've not seen Macron cry Deus Vult yet at least. In regard to Orthodox countries, decriminalizing spousal battery and constantly badgering Germany for reparation money aren't particularly impressive.

That's why I put the qualification "those countries that haven't sold out to Globalism and Secularism; which aren't many". I apologize if it was unclear. But one thing I am certain of is that you won't find any Protestant countries on that list.

South Central South-Park
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby South Central South-Park » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:46 am

Nea Byzantia wrote:

The governments did that, protestant churches were tied to the state and back in the old days that was great. But then democracy happened and liberal hippies who became the elected officials that became the state started making a ton of shitty changes to church doctrine and rules until the separation of state and church happened, which still hasnt happened in some protestant countries. Its the politicians who have ruined the protestant churches and caused fragmentation. Orthodox countries have had different history and experience and havent been infected with the cancer that is liberalism, which is at fault for this. If this poison take hold in orthodox countries trust me itll have the same effect. But it aint the churchs fault, its been corrupted, not all branches on the tree ofcourse.

Xuloqoia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Xuloqoia » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:46 am

Diopolis wrote:
Xuloqoia wrote:
Neat.

They are an autonomous part of Denmark, sort of similar to Puerto Rico and the US.

Ah, okay then. I take it that there's some cultural differences, then, between the Danish "core" and the Faroe Islands?

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:47 am

South Central South-Park wrote:

The governments did that, protestant churches were tied to the state and back in the old days that was great. But then democracy happened and liberal hippies who became the elected officials that became the state started making a ton of shitty changes to church doctrine and rules until the separation of state and church happened, which still hasnt happened in some protestant countries. Its the politicians who have ruined the protestant churches and caused fragmentation. Orthodox countries have had different history and experience and havent been infected with the cancer that is liberalism, which is at fault for this. If this poison take hold in orthodox countries trust me itll have the same effect. But it aint the churchs fault, its been corrupted, not all branches on the tree ofcourse.

Well, let's recall which country was the first to overthrow their Monarch and impose a Parliamentary "Democracy". HINT: It was Protestant England in the 1640s.

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:48 am

Nea Byzantia wrote:
Hanafuridake wrote:

That's why I put the qualification "those countries that haven't sold out to Globalism and Secularism; which aren't many". I apologize if it was unclear. But one thing I am certain of is that you won't find any Protestant countries on that list.

Which countries are you referring to then? If you're referring to South America, they have secular movements of their own and folk Catholicism can be deeply heretical (e.g. Santa Muerte).

Globalism is pretty much a bogeyman to begin with.
Theravada Buddhist

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:48 am

Xuloqoia wrote:
Diopolis wrote:They are an autonomous part of Denmark, sort of similar to Puerto Rico and the US.

Ah, okay then. I take it that there's some cultural differences, then, between the Danish "core" and the Faroe Islands?

Probably.

Xuloqoia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Xuloqoia » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:50 am

Nea Byzantia wrote:
South Central South-Park wrote:The governments did that, protestant churches were tied to the state and back in the old days that was great. But then democracy happened and liberal hippies who became the elected officials that became the state started making a ton of shitty changes to church doctrine and rules until the separation of state and church happened, which still hasnt happened in some protestant countries. Its the politicians who have ruined the protestant churches and caused fragmentation. Orthodox countries have had different history and experience and havent been infected with the cancer that is liberalism, which is at fault for this. If this poison take hold in orthodox countries trust me itll have the same effect. But it aint the churchs fault, its been corrupted, not all branches on the tree ofcourse.

Well, let's recall which country was the first to overthrow their Monarch and impose a Parliamentary "Democracy". HINT: It was Protestant England in the 1640s.

May one of the British users correct me if I'm mistaken but Cromwell's regime was (for all practical purposes, ideology aside) an autocracy in all but name, no?

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:50 am

I just realized that despite enduring an even more intense anti-religious campaign than the Soviet Union, Cambodians are actually way more religious than modern Orthodox Russians. This pleases me greatly.
Theravada Buddhist

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:51 am

Xuloqoia wrote:
Nea Byzantia wrote:Well, let's recall which country was the first to overthrow their Monarch and impose a Parliamentary "Democracy". HINT: It was Protestant England in the 1640s.

May one of the British users correct me if I'm mistaken but Cromwell's regime was (for all practical purposes, ideology aside) an autocracy in all but name, no?

Hence the giant air quote around Democracy...

South Central South-Park
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby South Central South-Park » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:52 am

Nea Byzantia wrote:
South Central South-Park wrote:The governments did that, protestant churches were tied to the state and back in the old days that was great. But then democracy happened and liberal hippies who became the elected officials that became the state started making a ton of shitty changes to church doctrine and rules until the separation of state and church happened, which still hasnt happened in some protestant countries. Its the politicians who have ruined the protestant churches and caused fragmentation. Orthodox countries have had different history and experience and havent been infected with the cancer that is liberalism, which is at fault for this. If this poison take hold in orthodox countries trust me itll have the same effect. But it aint the churchs fault, its been corrupted, not all branches on the tree ofcourse.

Yeah sure England was the first to overthrow their monarchy but just cause you advocate for protestantism doesnt mean you have to advocate for democracy. And that was the English, not every protestant is English.

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:52 am

Nea Byzantia wrote:
Xuloqoia wrote:

It would have turned out better if there was a better leader at the helm.

Xuloqoia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Xuloqoia » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:53 am

Nea Byzantia wrote:
Xuloqoia wrote:

Ah. Understood. Do you remember the discourse a while back regarding the concept of a "popular autocracy"? Would that apply to the Interregnum (or whatever one wishes to call the period)?

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:13 am

LiberNovusAmericae wrote:
Nea Byzantia wrote:Hence the giant air quote around Democracy...

It would have turned out better if there was a better leader at the helm.

I view the American Revolution in many ways as the sequel to the English Civil War, but maybe that's just me?

Kowani
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:56 am

Hanafuridake wrote:

We are…split. Although the standard for what is considered conservatism in Spain is made more confusing by regional factionalism and economic thought.
American History and Historiography; Political and Labour History, Urbanism, Political Parties, Congressional Procedure, Elections.

Servant of The Democracy since 1896.

Historian, of sorts.

Effortposts can be found here!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General