NATION

PASSWORD

Islam Is Right About Women

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What is your hot take on this issue?

Islam is correct about the nature and role of women in society, and these attitudes are compatible with modern feminism and Western social mores.
3%
Islam is correct about the nature and role of women in society, but these attitudes/truths are incompatible with modern feminism and Western social mores.
6%
Islam's attitudes regarding women are regressive and problematic, and do not belong in modern Western society.
44%
The statement lacks sufficient nuance and thus I can neither confirm nor deny its accuracy.
14%
Fahran, why are you wasting your time writing lengthy posts about /pol/?
20%
I'm a sea sponge and have no opinion on this issue.
9%
I'm noncommital and thus want an "other" option.
5%

Total votes : 486

Totenborg
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Totenborg » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:39 pm

Ostroeuropa wrote:
Fahran wrote:That's fair. However, I'm not certain I would write such behaviors off solely as the result of social indoctrination since, much like aggression among men, evolutionary processes may well have influenced such behaviors. Females who were better able to control their male partners, especially with regards to how they interacted with other females, may have reaped potential benefits. I don't think snooping through phones or getting frustrated when your boyfriend/husband wants to go out are necessarily good behaviors, but they're not exactly on par with taking a hammer to someone when they're sleeping or going full Lorena Bobbitt.

If your point is that some social constructs can have roots in evolutionary psychology you'll find no objection from me necessarily, but that doesn't mean they don't need to be addressed. This explanation also doesn 't account for "aggression".
Studies on EQ do not necessarily reflect or substantiate your argument since EQ is not a measure of manipulativeness.

People use the tools available to them.
It's a pretty massive piece of evidence. You'd need a compelling reason to assume she didn't mean what she said and "women are more manipulative than men because they tend to have a higher EQ scores" is not sufficient justification.
I agree it's a compelling piece of evidence and needs something substantial to counter it. The EQ scores point was more about Saiwan noting "Women are manipulative and don't say what they want directly" and people rejecting that than specifically about this issue, which I suspect is more to do with slut shaming.

There are intrinsic dangers in assuming that a woman who has expressed disinterest in you is being dishonest about her lack of interest, especially when you account for men tending to assume that women they find attractive will find them attractive and the lower EQ scores cited in your study. Following those arguments to their logical conclusion will lead to a higher occurrence of sexual assault.

I disagree this is necessarily the case when you account for men who hear what feminists have to say, understand elements of why it is wrong, and then categorically reject the entire conversation as valid, including those men who at first attempt to abide by feminist ideas and find they simply do not work in the real world. By rejecting the feminist conception of the issue and emphasizing a holistic effort to communicate and interpret signs while acknowledging that women do not always say what they mean and so on, those men can be reached.

Body language can be subjectively read and, by admission of your own studies, men are not quite as gifted as women with regard to emotional intelligence.

Thanks to the behavior of women, the "No" can only be subjectively read too. Again, if you want that to be different, get your shit in order, don't blame us. As for gifted, it's more about early childhood investment and vocabulary choices in interacting with children, or at least, it very well could be that, as well as no incentive for men to have high EQ due to being punished when they display it. Farrell cites a study in his book (which i'm afraid I don't have at this location) where he notes that when men are offered five dollars in exchange for EQ challenges, they perform equally well to women because they actually try for once.

They're also programmed, as I stated before, to assume to some extent that women they find attractive will find them attractive. When we account for all that, men pursuing women who have expressed disinterest because "her mouth said no but her eyes said yes" is a recipe for bad things.

It's also a recipe for good things in some circumstances where that turns out to be the case.

We should perhaps encourage more honesty in dating and courtship rather than encouraging people to disregad the clearest cues they often get.

AKA; Maybe you should get your shit together before offloading all this on men. But, you know, that's not really what feminism is about, is it.

No offense, but, if I'm at a bar and I tell a guy I'm not interested in him, I really don't think that me getting frustrated when he continues to pressure and guilt-trip me is that demanding or rude.
Poor flirtation skills and being a jackass are a separate issue. It's also a matter of knowing women better than they know themselves frankly. It takes work to get women in the mood and that can take time. Checking in and getting a no does not mean that with a little more effort that won't be a yes later. This is advice sex counsellors will give regarding dead bedrooms too. She says no, so identify sources of discomfort and distress and remove them and so on, then ask again. Stuff like that. However, because of that lack of self-awareness, if you simply ask again a lot of the time women will freak out because they already said no once, even if they now want to because you've created an environment and rappor with them where that has changed. So if you're not adept at it and blow your request early, your best bet is relying on other cues.

Because they rationalize nonsense to themselves rather than having self-awareness, very few will go; "Now it is a yes, I told you no earlier because the environment I was in was creating a certain emotional tone and I was unable to separate that from you as a person, in addition I had a lot of bullshit to do but you helped me with that so now i'll have the energy.", most will go;
"You CREEP, I already decided you're unattractive and obviously that was based on my evaluation of you as a person, not a bunch of unrelated nonsense that I didn't bother to articulate properly to you with 'yes, if you can help me with X and we go here instead.'.

The consequences we're off-loading on y'all are that you might not date women who aren't good communicators and who are emotionally manipulative. The consequences you want to off-load on us are sexual assault and sexual harassment. They're not even remotely equal.

I'll be blunt.
Most men don't want to date feminists, at all. Imagine you are offered a choice;

Women must marry full on narcissistic misogynists only who view you with utter contempt, or else you can ignore those folk but the price of that will be some men face sexual assault sometimes.

It sucks for you. I hope you find a solution.

This one isn't it, and it isn't our duty to bail you out of it by only dating women who agree with your perspective.

What does buying a drink mean? I usually take it as a polite gesture and an expression of romantic or sexual interest by a man in a woman. Most men are polite and sensible enough to expect a conversation and maybe a number out of it instead of full-on fondling, though they certainly won't object if that occurs in many cases. But what do you think?

I agree with you on what it means. My point is to highlight that this is an ordinary persons understanding of what buying a drink means. Much like ordinary people, including the vast majority of women, aren't feminists and do not view "No" the same way you do. You are the equivalent of that fringe minority who think "Can I buy you a drink?" is communicating something that most people disagree is being communicated.

What?

If men operate according to how most women operate and then one day they come across a feminist who flips out because you don't share this view you're espousing, you're going to vilify them for it and say they should take women at their word and so on and how it's them being bad for not adhering to the "Weirdo fringe interpretation". They become at "fault". Listening to feminists on this issue screws men up, especially men in environments where feminists are super rare, like minority males and the working classes. It's one reason incels are red pill are becoming a thing. They're neo-misogyny specifically because these ideas you're pushing don't work in the real world and are categorical rejections of the entire conversation rather than rejections of the feminist approach to it.]

They're also growing movements.

I don't agree with radical feminists about men just never approaching women, but I don't think disregarding very clear verbal cues because "women are manipulative" is a good idea. I mean... how would you feel if a man disregarded your verbal cues when you told him not to fondle you because "your eyes said you wanted this"?

Disregarding my no and taking note of elements of how i appear to have signs of interest and then deciding to push the matter later after putting some work in?

I wouldn't care. The problem is you don't understand the process and so you're jumping to "Oh so what if he just stuck it in you" instead of recipritory escalation and so on. You're also assuming, wrongly, that men can't influence your libido and it's an internal decision you're making based on your evaluation of them, so you're viewing this "No" as occurring at some end point where the action is imminent and the only agency you're affording the man in this scenario is sexual acts or accepting that no and walking away.

In reality, you can do other things.

I've never had a problem with feminists, consequently, I've never had a problem being around women, platonically, romantically, or otherwise. If you treat an individual like a person, you too can have an entire half of the species not repelled by you.
Rabid anti-fascist.
Existential nihilist.
Lifer metalhead.
Unrepentant fan of birds.

Northern Saxonia
Secretary

Founded: Oct 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Saxonia » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:44 pm

I thought muh /pol/ wanted to "protect" the good western society!!!!!! apparently they sacrifice everything they stand for in order to own the "HorIBle LiBtaRD FemALS!" :rofl:

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:59 pm

Northern Saxonia wrote:I thought muh /pol/ wanted to "protect" the good western society!!!!!! apparently they sacrifice everything they stand for in order to own the "HorIBle LiBtaRD FemALS!" :rofl:

They aren't the smartest bunch or they wouldn't be pol. I guess they hate women more than Islam which isn't good if they wanna preserve their allegedly superior white genes.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:03 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Northern Saxonia wrote:I thought muh /pol/ wanted to "protect" the good western society!!!!!! apparently they sacrifice everything they stand for in order to own the "HorIBle LiBtaRD FemALS!" :rofl:

They aren't the smartest bunch or they wouldn't be pol. I guess they hate women more than Islam which isn't good if they wanna preserve their allegedly superior white genes.

There's always cloning.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ostroeuropa » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:17 pm

Totenborg wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:
If your point is that some social constructs can have roots in evolutionary psychology you'll find no objection from me necessarily, but that doesn't mean they don't need to be addressed. This explanation also doesn 't account for "aggression".

People use the tools available to them.
I agree it's a compelling piece of evidence and needs something substantial to counter it. The EQ scores point was more about Saiwan noting "Women are manipulative and don't say what they want directly" and people rejecting that than specifically about this issue, which I suspect is more to do with slut shaming.

I disagree this is necessarily the case when you account for men who hear what feminists have to say, understand elements of why it is wrong, and then categorically reject the entire conversation as valid, including those men who at first attempt to abide by feminist ideas and find they simply do not work in the real world. By rejecting the feminist conception of the issue and emphasizing a holistic effort to communicate and interpret signs while acknowledging that women do not always say what they mean and so on, those men can be reached.

Thanks to the behavior of women, the "No" can only be subjectively read too. Again, if you want that to be different, get your shit in order, don't blame us. As for gifted, it's more about early childhood investment and vocabulary choices in interacting with children, or at least, it very well could be that, as well as no incentive for men to have high EQ due to being punished when they display it. Farrell cites a study in his book (which i'm afraid I don't have at this location) where he notes that when men are offered five dollars in exchange for EQ challenges, they perform equally well to women because they actually try for once.

It's also a recipe for good things in some circumstances where that turns out to be the case.

AKA; Maybe you should get your shit together before offloading all this on men. But, you know, that's not really what feminism is about, is it.

Poor flirtation skills and being a jackass are a separate issue. It's also a matter of knowing women better than they know themselves frankly. It takes work to get women in the mood and that can take time. Checking in and getting a no does not mean that with a little more effort that won't be a yes later. This is advice sex counsellors will give regarding dead bedrooms too. She says no, so identify sources of discomfort and distress and remove them and so on, then ask again. Stuff like that. However, because of that lack of self-awareness, if you simply ask again a lot of the time women will freak out because they already said no once, even if they now want to because you've created an environment and rappor with them where that has changed. So if you're not adept at it and blow your request early, your best bet is relying on other cues.

Because they rationalize nonsense to themselves rather than having self-awareness, very few will go; "Now it is a yes, I told you no earlier because the environment I was in was creating a certain emotional tone and I was unable to separate that from you as a person, in addition I had a lot of bullshit to do but you helped me with that so now i'll have the energy.", most will go;
"You CREEP, I already decided you're unattractive and obviously that was based on my evaluation of you as a person, not a bunch of unrelated nonsense that I didn't bother to articulate properly to you with 'yes, if you can help me with X and we go here instead.'.

I'll be blunt.
Most men don't want to date feminists, at all. Imagine you are offered a choice;

Women must marry full on narcissistic misogynists only who view you with utter contempt, or else you can ignore those folk but the price of that will be some men face sexual assault sometimes.

It sucks for you. I hope you find a solution.

This one isn't it, and it isn't our duty to bail you out of it by only dating women who agree with your perspective.

I agree with you on what it means. My point is to highlight that this is an ordinary persons understanding of what buying a drink means. Much like ordinary people, including the vast majority of women, aren't feminists and do not view "No" the same way you do. You are the equivalent of that fringe minority who think "Can I buy you a drink?" is communicating something that most people disagree is being communicated.

If men operate according to how most women operate and then one day they come across a feminist who flips out because you don't share this view you're espousing, you're going to vilify them for it and say they should take women at their word and so on and how it's them being bad for not adhering to the "Weirdo fringe interpretation". They become at "fault". Listening to feminists on this issue screws men up, especially men in environments where feminists are super rare, like minority males and the working classes. It's one reason incels are red pill are becoming a thing. They're neo-misogyny specifically because these ideas you're pushing don't work in the real world and are categorical rejections of the entire conversation rather than rejections of the feminist approach to it.]

They're also growing movements.

Disregarding my no and taking note of elements of how i appear to have signs of interest and then deciding to push the matter later after putting some work in?

I wouldn't care. The problem is you don't understand the process and so you're jumping to "Oh so what if he just stuck it in you" instead of recipritory escalation and so on. You're also assuming, wrongly, that men can't influence your libido and it's an internal decision you're making based on your evaluation of them, so you're viewing this "No" as occurring at some end point where the action is imminent and the only agency you're affording the man in this scenario is sexual acts or accepting that no and walking away.

In reality, you can do other things.

I've never had a problem with feminists, consequently, I've never had a problem being around women, platonically, romantically, or otherwise. If you treat an individual like a person, you too can have an entire half of the species not repelled by you.

That's cool feminist gaslighting based on what you'd like to be true but we both know it isn't.

Most women are not feminists and dont think like they do. I don't have a problem being around women either and not do most antifeminosts or nonfeminist.

As for repelled.
Studies show everyone finds feminists of both sexes unattractive, and even feminists find non feminists more attractive than feminists.

Like I said. Cool gaslighting, but we both know you're saying what you want to be true, not what is.

https://psycnet.apa.org/record/2010-09720-015

I only bring this up to help young boys understand, don't act feminist just because you think women like it. It lowers your chances.

Adult men should have the self respect to stick to their convictions either way.

It's also vitally important to understand that women and their partner choices are a huge driver of gender norms and its pointless to ask men to change until women do, hence why feminism is laughable due to its impulsive redirecting of criticism of gynocentrism to patriarchy,meaning the needed change won't occur until men MGTOW or women get a grip and listen to the MRM.

Suffice to say you tried to pull.the usual.feminist gaslighting here but the actual facts show this meme you spout about how rejecting feminism makes men unattractive isn't something even feminists sincerely adhere to, since they find non feminists more attractive. You guys do it purely to gaslight and vilify critics and exploit young and vulnerable.mens insecurities to recruit them to your cult.

Guys.

Don't fall for it.

Follow the data.

If you care about being attractive, don't be feminist. If you care about principled anti sexism, don't either, since the above dynamic will fix nothing. Instead, hold women accountable and realize if you are repulsive to them you're doing something rightm
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:52 pm

Ostroeuropa wrote:
Totenborg wrote:I've never had a problem with feminists, consequently, I've never had a problem being around women, platonically, romantically, or otherwise. If you treat an individual like a person, you too can have an entire half of the species not repelled by you.

That's cool feminist gaslighting based on what you'd like to be true but we both know it isn't.

Most women are not feminists and dont think like they do. I don't have a problem being around women either and not do most antifeminosts or nonfeminist.

As for repelled.
Studies show everyone finds feminists of both sexes unattractive, and even feminists find non feminists more attractive than feminists.

Like I said. Cool gaslighting, but we both know you're saying what you want to be true, not what is.

I only bring this up to help young boys understand, don't act feminist just because you think women like it. It lowers your chances.

Adult men should have the self respect to stick to their convictions either way.

It's also vitally important to understand that women and their partner choices are a huge driver of gender norms and its pointless to ask men to change until women do, hence why feminism is laughable due to its impulsive redirecting of criticism of gynocentrism to patriarchy,meaning the needed change won't occur until men MGTOW or women get a grip and listen to the MRM.

Suffice to say you tried to pull.the usual.feminist gaslighting here but the actual facts show this meme you spout about how rejecting feminism makes men unattractive isn't something even feminists sincerely adhere to, since they find non feminists more attractive. You guys do it purely to gaslight and vilify critics and exploit young and vulnerable.mens insecurities to recruit them to your cult.

Guys.

Don't fall for it.

Follow the data.

If you care about being attractive, don't be feminist. If you care about principled anti sexism, don't either, since the above dynamic will fix nothing. Instead, hold women accountable and realize if you are repulsive to them you're doing something rightm

"If you're repulsive to them, you're doing something right." Bro what the actual hell is this advice? :eek: :rofl: being repulsive means you're probably doing something wrong. I mean yeah you're being a good MGTOW if you can do this but you're also failing to pass your genes onto future generations and being a total jackass. If you're a man and seek to turn as many women off as possible, you either hate yourself or claim to hate women but secretly hate yourself. Thankfully 99% of men are not MGTOW and don't destroy themselves because "man women are so evil! One girl rejected me and then when I groped her she called the cops. This means all women suck!"

I went back and re read your post thinking it was autocorrect gone wrong but you edited it four times dude. I know that wasn't a mistake
Last edited by Rojava Free State on Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:53 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

There's always cloning.

Good luck

Proctopeo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Proctopeo » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:57 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

There's always cloning.

Yeah, but then you have to get into the complexities of Future Law. What if one clone kills someone? Are they all sentenced to death?
And in a trio of clones, does one always lie, one always tell the truth, and one always love you?
Arachno-anarchism || NO GODS NO MASTERS || Free NSG Odreria

5 Kingdoms of Britannia
Spokesperson

Founded: May 14, 2019

Postby 5 Kingdoms of Britannia » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:59 pm

Simple (sort of) solution, any idea that is regressive like the extreme right, left and islam which only job is to divide not unite must be wiped from existence by using freedom of speech, limiting immigration, increase rate of assimilation and getting rid of a broken education systems which seems to make propaganda and brain wash our youth.

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:36 pm

Czechoslovakia and Zakarpatia wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:
A great man once said we went to the moon not because it was easy but because it was hard.

Raping or molesting a woman is not the same as planning a manned mission to the Moon though. Pursuing human presence on the Moon against the odds is a admirable, useful, and honorable prospect, while continuing to harass and forcing yourself upon someone out of sheer lust is just pathetic and idiotic.

Flirting with someone isn’t rape or molestation. Sit the fuck down.
Last edited by Chernoslavia on Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive? Or if during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand? The Organs would quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:59 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:
Czechoslovakia and Zakarpatia wrote:Raping or molesting a woman is not the same as planning a manned mission to the Moon though. Pursuing human presence on the Moon against the odds is a admirable, useful, and honorable prospect, while continuing to harass and forcing yourself upon someone out of sheer lust is just pathetic and idiotic.

Continuing to make advances when someone tells you off means you're desperate and you're a damn creep. No means no, whether it's sex or just even talking to someone. And we all know btw that when many of the most extreme elements of the MRA say no doesn't always mean no, they are often clearly referring to sex. These pick up artist are weirdos

Jean-Paul Sartre
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Jean-Paul Sartre » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:59 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:

Continuing to make advances when someone tells you off means you're desperate and you're a damn creep. No means no, whether it's sex or just even talking to someone. And we all know btw that when many of the most extreme elements of the MRA say no doesn't always mean no, they are often clearly referring to sex. These pick up artist are weirdos

I often imagine what it must be like to wake up as a pick-up artist. Then I realize Franz Kafka already wrote a book about that.
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
-Heraclitus of Ephesus

Lanoraie II
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lanoraie II » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:07 am

Modern feminists propagate and uplift Islam as if it is somehow a beacon of acceptance and equality, which is so far from the truth I genuinely don't know how to react to people who do that anymore. And then they claim you're islamophobic, as if that's a bad thing, for pointing it out or criticizing it. But like all religions, it is merely a set of beliefs, not shielded from criticism and ire. However, I prefer to just point at most muslim majority countries that have yet to be socially influenced by western (or eastern) values to make my case. This year, women were finally allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia. Their laws are heavily influenced by Islam and what Muslims want. Need I say more? Whether you reading this post are fine with that or not (there's very few counterarguments to be made, although I will admit this does mean there will be plenty more crashes and CO2 emissions now), you can't deny that Islam is not about liberation of women. It never was and feminists and muslims alike need to stop pretending. If a woman chooses to believe in Islam--the form that isn't heavily watered down by people saying "its up to interpretation" (it's not, I don't know how more blatant you can get than Women have become emboldened towards their husbands, The Prophet gave permission to beat them.)--then by all means, be the submissive wife God orders you to be. But I will judge you for it. Harshly.

Of course there's plenty of muslims who deny these passages and say Allah would never (often these are feminists who for some unknown reason have converted), but the cognitive dissonance from them doesn't mean they're right.
Recovering alt-righter. Socialist. If you can't accurately describe socialist rhetoric and ideology, you don't get to have a voice in political discussions.

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006

Postby Ostroeuropa » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:56 am

Rojava Free State wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:

As for repelled.

Guys.

Don't fall for it.

Follow the data.

"If you're repulsive to them, you're doing something right." Bro what the actual hell is this advice? :eek: :rofl: being repulsive means you're probably doing something wrong. I mean yeah you're being a good MGTOW if you can do this but you're also failing to pass your genes onto future generations and being a total jackass. If you're a man and seek to turn as many women off as possible, you either hate yourself or claim to hate women but secretly hate yourself. Thankfully 99% of men are not MGTOW and don't destroy themselves because "man women are so evil! One girl rejected me and then when I groped her she called the cops. This means all women suck!"

I went back and re read your post thinking it was autocorrect gone wrong but you edited it four times dude. I know that wasn't a mistake

Women have a high in group bias and are attracted to sexism, they also perceive equal treatment as an attack on them. You're starting from the assumption that their approval is a good thing rather than their values and opinions being unhealthy and negative. If I changed it to; "If you're repulsing sexists, you're doing something right" you'd get it. Guess what, if you draw a venn diagram...

You're not being a jackass for standing up for yourself and your principles. You have espoused a gynocentrist viewpoint that assumes that womens views are justified by default and assumed that their opinions are valid so you should have to adjust yourself for their approval.

^ Yeung, Amy. "Lay misperceptions of the relationship between men’s benevolent and hostile sexism." Master's thesis, University of Waterloo, 2012.

Some research indicates that women perceived men high in benevolent sexism to possess positive attitudes towards women, while by contrast men low in benevolent sexism were perceived to be misogynistic and possessing high levels of hostile sexism, when in reality men who reject benevolent sexism also tend to reject hostile sexism. If the man stated that his rejection of benevolent sexism was motivated by egalitarian values then the perception that he was a hostile sexist was somewhat mitigated, though not entirely.

You ofcourse wont take note of your gynocentric impulses here naturally. Why do you start from the assumption that womens viewpoint is the valid one?

We won't get equality until men like you get over that silly shit. Imagine a civil rights movement that was obsessively concerned with validating the perspective of white America as the baseline which we had to live up to instead of going "Actually your perspective is the problem in the first place and if you hate what we're doing and despise us for the way we're confronting it, we're doing something right.".
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:05 am, edited 4 times in total.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Ors Might
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 01, 2016
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ors Might » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:24 am

Gormwood wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:
Even if that were true (which your source has no evidence of) how exactly does that prove my statement is incorrect?

The ADL probably has a good idea of when something is being used as a hate symbol.

Universal Orlando actor fired for making 'OK' hand gesture, symbol designated as racist

And the point being while you're smug at 4chan trolling the left it's not a flattering testimonial on the right if the reason they're not being trolled is an inability to grasp being trolled.

The ADL calling the OK hand gesture racist damages it’s credibility bro. Seriously, neither it’s roots nor it’s commonly intended meaning is racist.
https://youtu.be/gvjOG5gboFU Best diss track of all time

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:26 am

Ors Might wrote:
Gormwood wrote:The ADL probably has a good idea of when something is being used as a hate symbol.

Universal Orlando actor fired for making 'OK' hand gesture, symbol designated as racist

And the point being while you're smug at 4chan trolling the left it's not a flattering testimonial on the right if the reason they're not being trolled is an inability to grasp being trolled.

The ADL calling the OK hand gesture racist damages it’s credibility bro. Seriously, neither it’s roots nor it’s commonly intended meaning is racist.

Ignoring that the ADL stated context is important in whether or not OK is being used as a racist gesture.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Ors Might
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 01, 2016
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ors Might » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:27 am

Gormwood wrote:
Ors Might wrote:The ADL calling the OK hand gesture racist damages it’s credibility bro. Seriously, neither it’s roots nor it’s commonly intended meaning is racist.

Ignoring that the ADL stated context is important in whether or not OK is being used as a racist gesture.

Doesn’t that go for literally every fucking symbol in existence? Any symbol can be made racist under the proper context, ADL is just saying nothing.
https://youtu.be/gvjOG5gboFU Best diss track of all time

Proctopeo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Proctopeo » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:29 am

Gormwood wrote:
Ors Might wrote:The ADL calling the OK hand gesture racist damages it’s credibility bro. Seriously, neither it’s roots nor it’s commonly intended meaning is racist.

Given that people, even on this very site, missed the very same thing said about Pepe the Frog, that doesn't really mean much. And in that case they pretty much said it wasn't one, without saying it explicitly.
Arachno-anarchism || NO GODS NO MASTERS || Free NSG Odreria

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:32 am

Jean-Paul Sartre wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

I often imagine what it must be like to wake up as a pick-up artist. Then I realize Franz Kafka already wrote a book about that.

Start the morning drinking two smirnovs and downing some vicodin before leaving the underside of a freeway overpass, end the night in jail or dead. Basically the life of your average PUA unless they went to Bangkok in which case they start the morning in their rundown apartment and end it picking up a woman only to find out they're actually a bangkok ladyboy.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:34 am

Proctopeo wrote:
Gormwood wrote:Ignoring that the ADL stated context is important in whether or not OK is being used as a racist gesture.

Given that people, even on this very site, missed the very same thing said about Pepe the Frog, that doesn't really mean much. And in that case they pretty much said it wasn't one, without saying it explicitly.

I wonder how many articles the ADL will write about every symbol alive cause someone used it to be racist. "The letter N is not in itself racist, however it was used for a degrading word against African americans." Tell the ADL to get out and come back when they're sober and also when they aren't hypocritical as hell about racism

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:40 am

Ostroeuropa wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

Women have a high in group bias and are attracted to sexism, they also perceive equal treatment as an attack on them. You're starting from the assumption that their approval is a good thing rather than their values and opinions being unhealthy and negative. If I changed it to; "If you're repulsing sexists, you're doing something right" you'd get it. Guess what, if you draw a venn diagram...

You're not being a jackass for standing up for yourself and your principles. You have espoused a gynocentrist viewpoint that assumes that womens views are justified by default and assumed that their opinions are valid so you should have to adjust yourself for their approval.

^ Yeung, Amy. "Lay misperceptions of the relationship between men’s benevolent and hostile sexism." Master's thesis, University of Waterloo, 2012.

Some research indicates that women perceived men high in benevolent sexism to possess positive attitudes towards women, while by contrast men low in benevolent sexism were perceived to be misogynistic and possessing high levels of hostile sexism, when in reality men who reject benevolent sexism also tend to reject hostile sexism. If the man stated that his rejection of benevolent sexism was motivated by egalitarian values then the perception that he was a hostile sexist was somewhat mitigated, though not entirely.

You ofcourse wont take note of your gynocentric impulses here naturally. Why do you start from the assumption that womens viewpoint is the valid one?

We won't get equality until men like you get over that silly shit. Imagine a civil rights movement that was obsessively concerned with validating the perspective of white America as the baseline which we had to live up to instead of going "Actually your perspective is the problem in the first place and if you hate what we're doing and despise us for the way we're confronting it, we're doing something right.".

and yet I notice most of the incels are incels. I thought by this logic they should all be crawling in women, yet they're still treated like the disgusting dog shit they are. And will you stop using that meaningless made up word for the millionth time? Gynocentric is as pointless as zhanghism. You keep using some stupid word to criticize men for (let me get this straight) not acting like sex predators? I'm sorry can someone remind me when the world ended, because this is some straight up dystopian shit, trying to justify behavior like that. Here's a little secret so come close. If you treat a woman like shit and try to be overly dominant, she will leave you...unless of course you lock her in the basement and won't let her out. Many men have tried what you suggest and you know what happens ostro? They either get arrested, get their ass kicked by someone or gain the worst women possible and end up miserable. The fact incels are incels is proof that your ideas about women don't work. They haven't been working. Yet you keep fantasizing about women wanting to be beat, spit on and told they aren't worth a penny. I think it's hilarious that I literally live in one of the worst parts of the country, and yet half or more of the women here still don't behave like you claim. Speaks volumes about your values

Deamonopolis
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 21, 2004
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Deamonopolis » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:42 am

/pol/ is love, according to /pol/

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:46 am

Deamonopolis wrote:/pol/ is love, according to /pol/

/pol/ is the place where half the people are kids who took their edginess too far and never came back, and the other half are actual racists. Overall it can be a horrible place but even that doesn't compare to 8chan pol.

Once you go there, your sanity itself can take a major hit. There is stuff in there that was only meant for the eyes of the insane

Deamonopolis
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 21, 2004
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Deamonopolis » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:48 am

Rojava Free State wrote:
Deamonopolis wrote:/pol/ is love, according to /pol/

/pol/ is the place where half the people are kids who took their edginess too far and never came back, and the other half are actual racists. Overall it can be a horrible place but even that doesn't compare to 8chan pol.

Once you go there, your sanity itself can take a major hit. There is stuff in there that was only meant for the eyes of the insane

so you're saying its part larper, part loser, all stupid. Sounds like the internet in a nutshell.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:51 am

Deamonopolis wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

so you're saying its part larper, part loser, all stupid. Sounds like the internet in a nutshell.

Pol is like the ultimate embodiment of the modern internet. It's like how some people will say trump doesn't represent america. I disagree. Trump is the ultimate representation of modern america. He's stupid, he acts entitled, he spends too much time on Twitter bitching and complaining and he pushed racism toward certain groups of people. Joe Biden couldn't possibly represent america more than Trump.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General