NATION

PASSWORD

California loses right to set emissions standards.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:20 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Crockerland wrote:That would go against the First Amendment, but I may be biased as I think kicking California the hell out and not letting them vote in our elections would be pretty desirable.

I’m a die hard unionist. Anyone who supports said movements should be arrested for sedition. The Union is Eternal

you do realize our country was founded by secessionists right?

Also, I believe heavily on self determination. If Americans don't wanna be one nation anymore,we shouldn't force them to live as one when we can have an amicable divorce
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:21 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Should be a federal crime to support that movement

I don't see why. If a majority of cali voters wanna leave, let them. Keeping California isn't worth it if violence is the price

Would say the same thing about the CSA? Because I sure wouldn’t.
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Antityranicals
Minister

Founded: May 18, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Antityranicals » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:21 pm

Nantoraka wrote:
Antityranicals wrote:Here's a good one. I've got more if you'd like.

https://mises.org/wire/if-i-were-corpor ... -228743717

I'd prefer more, as Mises is known to be fairly biases and not very factual.

Known by whom? I call BS on that one. It might be biased, but it's most certainly factual, and that's what matters.
Compass: Right: 9.94, Libertarian: -5.84
Catholic Libertarian. Gov't has no authority, all authority is from God. God grants us free will, gov't should not infringe upon it. Legislating morality is wrong. Only exception is protecting rights to life, liberty, and property. Abortion is killing an infant, one of the few things gov't should prevent. Pro-Trump, he's been an effective weapon against real enemies of freedom: The Left, but I wish he were more for free trade, more against deficits. Unrestrained capitalism is a great thing; it does wonders for standards of living of everyone, especially the poor.
HS student in the USA. Male. XC runner, 17:30 5k, 4:59 mile. I enjoy singing, sushi, eating large quantities of food, and eating large quantities of sushi.

Grand Britannia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 15, 2012
Capitalizt

Postby Grand Britannia » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:21 pm

Nantoraka wrote:And florida, too.

>They fear Floridaman

yes, yes, he can smell fear, too
ଘ( ˘ ᵕ˘)つ----x .*・。゚・ᵕ

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 02, 2018
Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:21 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:
I don't see why. If a majority of cali voters wanna leave, let them. Keeping California isn't worth it if violence is the price

Would say the same thing about the CSA? Because I sure wouldn’t.

I would. I would be happy if the US had a peaceful break up.
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:22 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Crockerland wrote:That would go against the First Amendment, but I may be biased as I think kicking California the hell out and not letting them vote in our elections would be pretty desirable.

I’m a die hard unionist. Anyone who supports said movements should be arrested for sedition. The Union is Eternal

People thought the USSR was eternal...until it wasn't.
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2014
Capitalist Paradise

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:22 pm

San Lumen wrote:You can't [secede from the Union].

Yes you can. The fact that we were and are hypocrites about it doesn't change the fact that the American people have a right to alter or abolish the governments instituted over them.]

The same goes with Crimea, Dontesk, Novoroyssia, Transisteria, Abkhazia, Somaliland, Liberland, Hong Kong, Macau, Uighurstan.....
Last edited by TURTLESHROOM II on Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jesus loves you and died for you!
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter
"NOOKULAR" STOCKPILE: 701,033 fission and dropping, 7 fusion.
CM wrote:Have I reached peak enlightened centrism yet? I'm getting chills just thinking about taking an actual position.

Proctopeo wrote:anarcho-von habsburgism

Lillorainen wrote:"Tengri's balls, [do] boys really never grow up?!"
Nuroblav wrote:On the contrary! Seize the means of ROBOT ARMS!
News ticker (updated 4/6/2024 AD):

As TS adapts to new normal, large flagellant sects remain -|- TurtleShroom forfeits imperial dignity -|- "Skibidi Toilet" creator awarded highest artistic honor for contributions to wholesome family entertainment (obscene gestures cut out)

Telconi
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:23 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
TURTLESHROOM II wrote:
Normally, I'd be the first man to jump into making this exact argument and deep down, you are right. States' rights is the most important issue in America today.

The problem is that their standards are interfering with the ability of other states to define theirs. California is such a huge state and has so much control in its region that car companies are bowing to California and catering to them, to meet their standards, shafting the smaller companies and driving the cost of automobiles up nationwide.

The question leads down to this: if California swings its regulatory fist, does it end at every other state's nose? California's huge market demand makes car companies cater to them. Is this right?

That's why I am such a proud supporter of the Yes California Independence Movement and some day, a donor. Releasing California as its own nation would be the best thing to happen to the United States of America, as long as we still had access to their ports.

Should be a federal crime to support that movement

It should be a federal crime to oppose it.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Grand Britannia
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Grand Britannia » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:23 pm

Bear Stearns wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:I’m a die hard unionist. Anyone who supports said movements should be arrested for sedition. The Union is Eternal

Difference is the USSR was held together by tape and glue, and things happened when Gorbachev took a hose to clean up the place.
ଘ( ˘ ᵕ˘)つ----x .*・。゚・ᵕ

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:24 pm

Grand Britannia wrote:
Bear Stearns wrote:

Difference is the USSR was held together by tape and glue, and things happened when Gorbachev took a hose to clean up the place.

And the United States is not?!?

I honestly get the vibe that Trump is our Gorbachev.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:25 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:I’m a die hard unionist. Anyone who supports said movements should be arrested for sedition. The Union is Eternal

Yes. But that doesn’t mean I need to support breaking my own nation up.

Also, I believe heavily on self determination.

I don’t.

If Americans don't wanna be one nation anymore,we shouldn't force them to live as one when we can have an amicable divorce

I disagree.

TURTLESHROOM II wrote:

It was a parliamentary, royal, and admiralty crime to support the United States of America seceding from the United Kingdom.

And?

That case was not true for Dixie and is not true for California and Texas. The right to secede and self-determination is, and should be, absolute, assuming the consent of the people involved.

SCOTUS disagrees with you. You can’t leave the US. Self determination is dumb.

Now let’s get back on track. Trump is an idiot and can’t do what he thinks he can
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Antityranicals
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Antityranicals » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:25 pm

Bear Stearns wrote:
Grand Britannia wrote:

The United States was so sturdy going into the 20th century that 100 years of statism haven't irredeemably messed it up yet, I doubt Trump will.
Catholic Libertarian. Gov't has no authority, all authority is from God. God grants us free will, gov't should not infringe upon it. Legislating morality is wrong. Only exception is protecting rights to life, liberty, and property. Abortion is killing an infant, one of the few things gov't should prevent. Pro-Trump, he's been an effective weapon against real enemies of freedom: The Left, but I wish he were more for free trade, more against deficits. Unrestrained capitalism is a great thing; it does wonders for standards of living of everyone, especially the poor.
HS student in the USA. Male. XC runner, 17:30 5k, 4:59 mile. I enjoy singing, sushi, eating large quantities of food, and eating large quantities of sushi.

Ayytaly
Minister

Founded: Feb 08, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Ayytaly » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:26 pm

*deep inhaling*

Do you smell what the GOP is cooking?
Signatures are the obnoxious car bumper stickers of the internet. Also, Rojava did nothing right.

Grand Britannia
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Grand Britannia » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:26 pm

Bear Stearns wrote:
Grand Britannia wrote:

We literally had a civil war where states fought each other and still ended up united, people are blowing this way out of proportion.
ଘ( ˘ ᵕ˘)つ----x .*・。゚・ᵕ

Antityranicals
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Antityranicals » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:26 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

Yes. But that doesn’t mean I need to support breaking my own nation up.

Also, I believe heavily on self determination.

I don’t.

If Americans don't wanna be one nation anymore,we shouldn't force them to live as one when we can have an amicable divorce

I disagree.

TURTLESHROOM II wrote:
It was a parliamentary, royal, and admiralty crime to support the United States of America seceding from the United Kingdom.

And?

That case was not true for Dixie and is not true for California and Texas. The right to secede and self-determination is, and should be, absolute, assuming the consent of the people involved.

Now let’s get back on track. Trump is an idiot and can’t do what he thinks he can

Why exactly is it that we ought not allow succession? I'd like a more intelligent answer than "It's dumb."

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:27 pm

Telconi wrote:

It should be a federal crime to oppose it.

What if I make you supreme governor of California?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Telconi
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:27 pm

Grand Britannia wrote:
Bear Stearns wrote:

We literally had a civil war where states fought each other and still ended up united, people are blowing this way out of proportion.

"""United""" is that what you call this?
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2014
Capitalist Paradise

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:28 pm

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:
Antityranicals wrote:The state never had a right to violate the more important rights of the individual.

The company never had a right to mess with the earth for profit.

We are Creation's master, superior to all life that exists and ever will exist. We have Dominion over the planet. The earth God's footstoll AND ours. It exists to be exploited, harvested, and commanded by and for man and man alone.

We are in turn obligated by God to do this responsibly, so I obviously recycle, refuse to litter, not waste, don't pollute, etc. etc. etc., but I do not consider the earth or anything in it to be my equal..

Also, I reiterate: I do not support Trump's move to deny California its states' rights.
Jesus loves you and died for you!
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter
"NOOKULAR" STOCKPILE: 701,033 fission and dropping, 7 fusion.
CM wrote:Have I reached peak enlightened centrism yet? I'm getting chills just thinking about taking an actual position.

Proctopeo wrote:anarcho-von habsburgism

Lillorainen wrote:"Tengri's balls, [do] boys really never grow up?!"
Nuroblav wrote:On the contrary! Seize the means of ROBOT ARMS!
News ticker (updated 4/6/2024 AD):

As TS adapts to new normal, large flagellant sects remain -|- TurtleShroom forfeits imperial dignity -|- "Skibidi Toilet" creator awarded highest artistic honor for contributions to wholesome family entertainment (obscene gestures cut out)

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:28 pm

Ayytaly wrote:*deep inhaling*

Do you smell what the GOP is cooking?

Bullshit? Is that it?

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:28 pm

Antityranicals wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Yes. But that doesn’t mean I need to support breaking my own nation up.

I don’t.

I disagree.

And?

Why exactly is it that we ought not allow succession? I'd like a more intelligent answer than "It's dumb."

Because the Union is Eternal and we fought a war to keep it that way. Plus I’m a die hard nationalist

Anyway that’s enough of that
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Grand Britannia
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Grand Britannia » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:29 pm

Telconi wrote:
Grand Britannia wrote:

"""United""" is that what you call this?

What's california going to do if it leaves an is no longer getting military and federal investment? Things are still better than they were in the 70s.
ଘ( ˘ ᵕ˘)つ----x .*・。゚・ᵕ

Fartsniffage
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 19, 2005
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Fartsniffage » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:29 pm

TURTLESHROOM II wrote:

Except when California decides to set higher emissions standards than the rest of the US. Then it's time for the Fed to step in and squash it.

Antityranicals
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Antityranicals » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:30 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Antityranicals wrote:Why exactly is it that we ought not allow succession? I'd like a more intelligent answer than "It's dumb."

Because the Union is Eternal and we fought a war to keep it that way. Plus I’m a die hard nationalist

I've got no problem with the Union being eternal, but why should California be part of it?

Czechoslovakia and Zakarpatia
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 13, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Czechoslovakia and Zakarpatia » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:31 pm

Dresderstan wrote:
San Lumen wrote:
Its really quite sad how selfish you are.

Come up with something new for once rather than spout the same words a phrases over and over again. Zero emissions is not possible, the idea Cali had is a pipe dream.

Zero human-emitted carbon emissions is not a question of if, but when, and once thorium power is invented and rolled out into the world in the later portion of the 21st century, fossil fuels shall finally be a thing of the past.

Grand Britannia
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Grand Britannia » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:31 pm

Antityranicals wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Because the Union is Eternal and we fought a war to keep it that way. Plus I’m a die hard nationalist

I've got no problem with the Union being eternal, but why should California be part of it?

Just eject LA and San Fran into the pacific and you have a decent state with decent sights.
ଘ( ˘ ᵕ˘)つ----x .*・。゚・ᵕ

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General