NATION

PASSWORD

Gun Control 2022 (IV) - Gun Rights, Control, & Government

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Your thoughts on pistol braces? (See top of OP for information)

Ban modern sporting rifles
15%
Pistol braces should be outlawed and current restrictions on SBRs remain in place
11%
Pistol braces should be outlawed but current restrictions on SBRs should be removed
4%
Pistol braces should be allowed and current restrictions on SBRs should remain
13%
Pistol braces should be allowed but current restrictions on SBRs should be removed
58%

Total votes : 786

The Chuck
Minister

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Chuck » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:36 pm

Went to the range today and frankly? I see more diversity at an indoor gun range than I do out and about. We had Blacks, Whites, Asians, Hispanics, etc. coming and going while I was taking my sweet ol' time with my rifle. Frankly it was great to see and gives me hope. Everyone was wearing face masks but it was pretty awesome to see parents teaching their children how to shoot and to see everyone of all different demographics just hitting up the range to put some lead down range and hone their skills.
Last edited by The Chuck on Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I advocate for violence every single day. I work in the arms industry.
In-Character Advertisement Space:
The Chuck wholly endorses Wolf Armaments, Lauzanexport CDT, and
Silverport Dockyards Ltd.

"Keep your guns... and buy more guns!" - Kitty Werthmann, Austrian Nazi Regime Survivor
Roof Korea, Best Korea. Hippity Hoppity, 내 재산에서 꺼져.
Pro: Liberty/Freedoms of the Individual, Unrestricted firearms ownership
-Slava-
Ukraini

Grinning Dragon
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 16, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Grinning Dragon » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:46 pm

The Chuck wrote:Went to the range today and frankly? I see more diversity at an indoor gun range than I do out and about. We had Blacks, Whites, Asians, Hispanics, etc. coming and going while I was taking my sweet ol' time with my rifle. Frankly it was great to see and gives me hope. Everyone was wearing face masks but it was pretty awesome to see parents teaching their children how to shoot and to see everyone of all different demographics just hitting up the range to put some lead down range and hone their skills.

Good to hear. For me however never fails, I end up spending more time training, showing someone how to sight in their firearm or removing jammed rounds from a complete stranger's firearm than I do actual shooting, then there are my teen age daughters who also show an adult on how to put rounds in a tight pattern on paper, they do a much better job with the first time female shooters who wander by our lane and ask me for help and either kid will say "Dad, we got this"

Phoenix2012
Minister

Founded: Aug 03, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Phoenix2012 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:57 am

That's one reason I like taking people to the range, many who have not had a lot of experience with or around guns before. I go over the safety rules, show them how the basics work, and then take turns with them shooting. Every person that I've brought all had a good time, and a lot of them said they would do it again. Guns aren't everyone's thing and some of them reflected that. They said they didn't want to personally get a gun themselves but they had a good time and thought it was fun going to the range. And other's fully embraced it and one friend liked it so much I took her to the store and she bought a glock 19 later that week. It's a great thing to be able to bring people from all walks of life and see everyone having fun. It's easy to have a screaming match online or in theory about 'guns evil' or 'everyone needs a gun', but when you take someone to actually experience that it's a lot easier to reach a middle ground. I've taken people who were very against the idea of guns before, and after the trip they said "I still don't personally want to have a gun, but I had fun and I can see why someone would want a gun".
Last edited by Phoenix2012 on Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grinning Dragon
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Grinning Dragon » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:50 pm

So I gotta ask, under what authority does a college get to dictate what a student's behavior/speech is off campus?
Student says university imposed 'Soviet-style' punishment over his Instagram posts
The first post, shared on Tong's personal Instagram account on June 3, shows a picture of David Dorn, the retired African-American police captain who was fatally shot while defending a friend’s pawn shop amid violent protests in St. Louis, and includes the caption, “Y’all a bunch of hypocrites.”

Tong's second post shows him holding a firearm, which he says he purchased legally, pointed toward the ground. The post contains the caption, “Don’t tread on me. #198964.” The hashtag references the Tiananmen Square Incident, which occurred on June 4, 1989.

And for the guy daring to exercise his constitutional rights.
In a second letter dated July 14, a copy of which was also provided to Campus Reform, Eldredge allegedly informed Tong that he had been found in violation of "regulations relating to bias and/or hate crimes" and for "threats/intimidation."

As part of Tong's disciplinary probation, which will remain in effect until he graduates, Tong is forbidden from representing the university in any official capacity. This includes a ban on him running for or holding leadership roles in student organizations and participation in varsity or club sports. Tong's access to the university campus without permission from the dean has also been restricted and he is required to complete the rest of his courses online. Tong must also undergo implicit bias training with the Office of Multicultural Affairs and write an apology letter.

As to the underlined, a big fuck that. Never apologize for exercising your constitutional rights.

The only thing I ever came close to a professor having a fit, was a letter I had wrote to the editor in favor of conceal carry in MN back in the day, and the prof let me know just how wrong I was and "to be careful" with my stance on certain topics. Which I took as a threat and in the nicest son of a bitch way, basically told him to fuck off.

The Chuck
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Chuck » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:51 pm

Grinning Dragon wrote:So I gotta ask, under what authority does a college get to dictate what a student's behavior/speech is off campus?
Student says university imposed 'Soviet-style' punishment over his Instagram posts
The first post, shared on Tong's personal Instagram account on June 3, shows a picture of David Dorn, the retired African-American police captain who was fatally shot while defending a friend’s pawn shop amid violent protests in St. Louis, and includes the caption, “Y’all a bunch of hypocrites.”

Tong's second post shows him holding a firearm, which he says he purchased legally, pointed toward the ground. The post contains the caption, “Don’t tread on me. #198964.” The hashtag references the Tiananmen Square Incident, which occurred on June 4, 1989.

In a second letter dated July 14, a copy of which was also provided to Campus Reform, Eldredge allegedly informed Tong that he had been found in violation of "regulations relating to bias and/or hate crimes" and for "threats/intimidation."

As part of Tong's disciplinary probation, which will remain in effect until he graduates, Tong is forbidden from representing the university in any official capacity. This includes a ban on him running for or holding leadership roles in student organizations and participation in varsity or club sports. Tong's access to the university campus without permission from the dean has also been restricted and he is required to complete the rest of his courses online. Tong must also undergo implicit bias training with the Office of Multicultural Affairs and write an apology letter.

As to the underlined, a big fuck that. Never apologize for exercising your constitutional rights.

The only thing I ever came close to a professor having a fit, was a letter I had wrote to the editor in favor of conceal carry in MN back in the day, and the prof let me know just how wrong I was and "to be careful" with my stance on certain topics. Which I took as a threat and in the nicest son of a bitch way, basically told him to fuck off.

Austin Tong, go brother go. That's a load of bullshit from that university.

"Keep your guns... and buy more guns!" - Kitty Werthmann, Austrian Nazi Regime Survivor
-Slava-
Ukraini

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:23 pm

The Chuck wrote:
Grinning Dragon wrote:So I gotta ask, under what authority does a college get to dictate what a student's behavior/speech is off campus?

He could come here to A&M where the university actually lets student speak there minds as long as it's not a direct threat to the staff and students.
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

Nuroblav
Minister

Founded: Nov 13, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuroblav » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:28 am

Punishing people for holding an opinion? We are truly reaching a low here...
Your NS mutualist(?), individualist, metalhead and all-round...err...human. TG if you have any questions about my political or musical views.

Economic Left/Right: -4.75, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -9.03

\m/ METAL IS BASED \m/

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:10 am

Universities which practice political censorship should be ineligible for federal grants or federally backed student loans.
Last edited by Aclion on Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:19 am

Dude should just transfer schools. I love how calling out hypocrisy in a protest is now considered bias.

Basically the definition of racism is as follows: "Daring to not 100% go with the current identity politics narrative or having your own opinion." If i say "Rioting is wrong," someone is bound to say I'm just a racist. Shit, I had someone call me racist for not liking Obama. They're trying to silence this guy and frankly Tong may as well drop out before returning to the campus to protest their bullshit with a bunch of open carriers. If there's one thing that pisses off your archetypal social justice types, it's guns. Guns, and having the "wrong ideas." Put them together and they'll scream, and believe me, the sound is great.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Grinning Dragon
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Grinning Dragon » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:17 am

Aclion wrote:

Universities which practice political censorship should be ineligible for federal grants or federally backed student loans.

Agreed!

Rojava Free State wrote:Dude should just transfer schools. I love how calling out hypocrisy in a protest is now considered bias.

Basically the definition of racism is as follows: "Daring to not 100% go with the current identity politics narrative or having your own opinion." If i say "Rioting is wrong," someone is bound to say I'm just a racist. Shit, I had someone call me racist for not liking Obama. They're trying to silence this guy and frankly Tong may as well drop out before returning to the campus to protest their bullshit with a bunch of open carriers. If there's one thing that pisses off your archetypal social justice types, it's guns. Guns, and having the "wrong ideas." Put them together and they'll scream, and believe me, the sound is great.

I get what you are saying, however, if Tong quits it lets them win and the cycle continues.
I kinda wish I was back in college these days, just to troll profs and admins.
Last edited by Grinning Dragon on Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Two Jerseys
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 07, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Two Jerseys » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:25 am

Gig em Aggies wrote:
The Chuck wrote:

He could come here to A&M where the university actually lets student speak there minds as long as it's not a direct threat to the staff and students.

The other day I was joking about how leftist professors can't pull this bullshit in College Station because Reveille will raise the alarm and lead an angry mob there, like Lassie.
"The Duke of Texas" is too formal for regular use. Just call me "Your Grace".
"If I would like to watch goodness, sanity, God and logic being fucked I would watch Japanese porn." -Nightkill the Emperor
"This thread makes me wish I was a moron so that I wouldn't have to comprehend how stupid the topic is." -The Empire of Pretantia
Head of State: HM King Louis
Head of Government: The Rt. Hon. James O'Dell MP, Prime Minister
Ambassador to the World Assembly: HE Sir John Ross "J.R." Ewing II, Bt.
Join Excalibur Squadron. We're Commandos who fly Spitfires. Chicks dig Commandos who fly Spitfires.

Tombradyonia
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Tombradyonia » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:49 pm

Aclion wrote:Universities which practice political censorship should be ineligible for federal grants or federally backed student loans.

Churches that engage in political debate and publicly endorse political parties and candidates should be ineligible for tax-exempt status.
Inverted Flag Law: US Code Title 4 Section 8 Paragraph (a): The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.
The United States of America has been in a state of dire distress since November 8, 2016. Flying the flag upside down is not only our right, it is our duty!
Make Maine Massachusetts again!
Either you are with the United States of America, or you are with Donald Trump

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:52 pm

Tombradyonia wrote:
Aclion wrote:Universities which practice political censorship should be ineligible for federal grants or federally backed student loans.

Churches that engage in political debate and publicly endorse political parties and candidates should be ineligible for tax-exempt status.

Churches shouldn't be tax exempt.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Dylar
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dylar » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:10 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Tombradyonia wrote:

Churches shouldn't be tax exempt.
Tombradyonia wrote:

Considering that churches are nonprofit organizations, they shouldn't. Universities, however are completely for-profit. However this is a discussion for another thread
St. Albert the Great wrote:"Natural science does not consist in ratifying what others have said, but in seeking the causes of phenomena."
Franko Tildon wrote:Fire washes the skin off the bone and the sin off the soul. It cleans away the dirt. And my momma didn't raise herself no dirty boy.

Pro: Life, Catholic, religious freedom, guns
Against: gun control, abortion, militant atheism
Interests: Video Games, Military History, Catholic theology, Sci-Fi, and Table-Top Miniatures games
Favorite music genres: Metal, Drinking songs, Polka, Military Marches, Hardbass, and Movie/Video Game soundtracks

The Emerald Legion
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 18, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Emerald Legion » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:25 am

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/5 ... f-nobility

I thought this was a rather interesting read.
"23.The unwise man is awake all night, and ponders everything over; when morning comes he is weary in mind, and all is a burden as ever." - Havamal

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:39 am

The Emerald Legion wrote:-snip-

Certainly, in the social and political context of the 1700s the Second Amendment represented, alongside many other fundamental laws laid down in the foundation of the United States, a powerful commitment towards a liberal and egalitarian regime.

The world has, of course, changed somewhat since.

The Chuck
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Chuck » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:10 pm

Oh goodie! Austin Tong is bringing down the full weight of the American justice system with a lawsuit against his University.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYAxOuIwGG0&t

Stand tall and proud my fellow Asian America gun loving 1st generation immigrant!

-Slava-
Ukraini

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:18 pm

The Chuck wrote:Oh goodie! Austin Tong is bringing down the full weight of the American justice system with a lawsuit against his University.

Stand tall and proud my fellow Asian America gun loving 1st generation immigrant!

Aw yeah! I hope he wins this suite.
A very relevant and good song
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:55 pm

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
The Chuck wrote:Oh goodie! Austin Tong is bringing down the full weight of the American justice system with a lawsuit against his University.

Aw yeah! I hope he wins this suite.
A very relevant and good song

Except that this song https://youtu.be/OqPVz101nd0 fits better then yours Pax plus as a deception this should be your national anthem. :p
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

Grinning Dragon
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Grinning Dragon » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:54 am

Good video and calling out FU in their racist/anti freedom ways. Would be nice to see FU suffer financially and politically.
Would be nice to see other groups jump in and help Mr. Austin Tong, like FPC, Fire, GOA. Me and the buds each pitched in $50 ($250 total)

In other news. NSSF has an info-graphic on the latest firearm sales figures, black firearm sales/ownership up by 58%

More here.
Arms industry: Gun buys up 95%, ammo 139%, sales to blacks jump 58%

More NSSF polls.
Poll: Americans Concerned About Self-Defense, Oppose Weapons and Magazine Bans
Last edited by Grinning Dragon on Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:08 am

Isn’t that the sort of thing that usually draws the ACLU’s attention?

Grinning Dragon
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Grinning Dragon » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:10 am

Plzen wrote:Isn’t that the sort of thing that usually draws the ACLU’s attention?

Not when it comes to the 2nd Amendment, most times the ACLU tucks tail.
Last edited by Grinning Dragon on Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Slavakino
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Slavakino » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:58 pm

Mmmmm fresh thread, Now onto politics. How many people are aware that if Biden wins, the US's gun laws are gonna get absolutely fucked by a senile fudd
Last edited by Slavakino on Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Military Titoist Republic of Slavakino
A great nation built on socialism, science & unity. Come visit us for a holiday
Australian-Serb attempting to finish in Chemical Engineering. Fanatic about weapons, science and history from 1720-2000.
Pro: Titosim, Firearms, WMD, Science, Industrialisation, Militarism, Nuclear, Federalism, Authoritarianism, Assad, Hololive Vtubers

Neutral: Unitary State, Religion, Conservativism, Abortion Laws, Renewable Energy, Democracy, Trump, Juche

Anti: LGBT, Green Politics, Fascism, Anarchism, Primitivism, Islam, ANTIFA, Totalitarianism, Libertarianism, Biden
Sakura Miko (Elite)
Inugami Korone (Yubi! Yubi!)
Kiryu Coco (Shitposting dragon)
Akai Haato (HAACHAMA)

Adamede
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Adamede » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:59 pm

Grinning Dragon wrote:
Plzen wrote:Isn’t that the sort of thing that usually draws the ACLU’s attention?

Not when it comes to the 2nd Amendment, most times the ACLU tucks tail.

Wonder if they'll take it on the basis of the 1st amendment.

Taihei Tengoku
Senator

Founded: Dec 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Taihei Tengoku » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:01 pm

This country functionally does not have freedom of speech either.
REST IN POWER
Franberry - HMS Barham - North Point - Questers - Tyrandis - Rosbaningrad - Sharfghotten
UNJUSTLY DELETED
OUR DAY WILL COME

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General