NATION

PASSWORD

Gun Control 2022 (IV) - Gun Rights, Control, & Government

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Your thoughts on pistol braces? (See top of OP for information)

Ban modern sporting rifles
15%
Pistol braces should be outlawed and current restrictions on SBRs remain in place
11%
Pistol braces should be outlawed but current restrictions on SBRs should be removed
4%
Pistol braces should be allowed and current restrictions on SBRs should remain
13%
Pistol braces should be allowed but current restrictions on SBRs should be removed
58%

Total votes : 786

The Emerald Legion
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 18, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Emerald Legion » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:38 pm

Grinning Dragon wrote:GOA, VCDL Win Injunction to Keep SafeSide Tactical Open
Springfield, VA -(AmmoLand.com)- Gun Owners of America (GOA) and Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) have won a big victory in the battle to reopen indoor gun ranges across the Commonwealth of Virginia.

Anti-gun Gov. Ralph Northam deemed indoor gun ranges nonessential, and ordered them closed. When GOA and VCDL brought suit to challenge that decision, Northam attempted to remove the suit out of state court and have it considered by a federal court. That tactic backfired, however, when the federal judge sided with GOA/VCDL, and sent the case back to state court. The complaint was subsequently heard by a state judge, who also ruled in favor of GOA and VCDL, handing Governor Northam back-to-back losses.

The judge’s order recognizes SafeSide Lynchburg’s ability to “operate to the fullest extent possible in a manner consistent with social distancing and sanitizing guidance from federal and state authorities.”

GOA’s Erich Pratt and VCDL’s Phillip Van Cleave were excited by the news. “Gov. Northam has little regard for the rights of gun owners, and his closure of indoor gun ranges is no different. GOA will keep opposing Northam and stand up for the rights of Virginians in the commonwealth,” Erich Pratt, Senior Vice President for GOA, concluded.
:clap:

Again, just because there is "operation freakout" going on, does not mean a suspension of rights nor as a means or justification to suspend those rights.

So apparently the jackass mayor of jackson, is getting sued for an illegal EO of banning open carry in jackson, the MS AG sent out a letter basically saying, sorry bro you don't have authority to infringe on a constitutional right during this virus thingy nor is the let's blame violence on guns; "gun violence" a justification.
Jackson Mayor Hit with Lawsuit, Spurned by City Council over Open Carry Ban

Also FYI.
After ruling in New York gun rights case, more Second Amendment cases set for Friday conference

We expect orders from Friday’s conference on Monday, May 4, at 9:30 a.m. EDT.

Mance v. Barr – Whether the federal ban on interstate handgun sales violates the Second Amendment or the due process clause of the Fifth Amendment.

Rogers v. Grewal – In a challenge to New Jersey’s handgun carry permit scheme, whether the Second Amendment protects the right to carry a handgun outside the home for self-defense; and whether the government can condition the right to carry a handgun outside the home on the showing of a special need to carry a firearm.

Pena v. Horan – In a challenge to a California law banning most commonly used handguns, the petition asks the justices to weigh in on the scope of the Second Amendment.

Gould v. Lipson – In a challenge to Massachusetts’ handgun carry permit scheme, whether the Second Amendment protects the right to carry a handgun outside the home for self-defense; and whether the government can condition the right to carry a handgun outside the home on the showing of a special need to carry a firearm.

Cheeseman v. Polillo – Challenge to New Jersey handgun carry permit scheme.

Ciolek v. New Jersey – Challenge to New Jersey handgun carry permit scheme.

Worman v. Healey – Challenge to Massachusetts ban on the possession of assault weapons and large-capacity magazines.

Malpasso v. Pallozzi – In a challenge to Maryland’s handgun carry permit scheme, whether the Second Amendment protects the right to carry handguns outside the home for self-defense.

Culp v. Raoul – Whether the Second Amendment requires Illinois to allow nonresidents to apply for a concealed-carry license.

Wilson v. Cook County – Challenge to Cook County’s ban on assault rifles and large-capacity magazines, as well as to the Second Amendment analysis used by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit to uphold the ban.

Dear sweet gods it would be great if SCOTUS came down on our side for this. Unless I'm mistaken, a supreme court ruling against any of the assault weapon/large-capacity magazine bans would fuck them being placed nationwide, would it not?
"23.The unwise man is awake all night, and ponders everything over; when morning comes he is weary in mind, and all is a burden as ever." - Havamal

Grinning Dragon
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 16, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Grinning Dragon » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:55 pm

The Emerald Legion wrote:
Grinning Dragon wrote:GOA, VCDL Win Injunction to Keep SafeSide Tactical Open
:clap:

Again, just because there is "operation freakout" going on, does not mean a suspension of rights nor as a means or justification to suspend those rights.

So apparently the jackass mayor of jackson, is getting sued for an illegal EO of banning open carry in jackson, the MS AG sent out a letter basically saying, sorry bro you don't have authority to infringe on a constitutional right during this virus thingy nor is the let's blame violence on guns; "gun violence" a justification.
Jackson Mayor Hit with Lawsuit, Spurned by City Council over Open Carry Ban

Also FYI.
After ruling in New York gun rights case, more Second Amendment cases set for Friday conference

Dear sweet gods it would be great if SCOTUS came down on our side for this. Unless I'm mistaken, a supreme court ruling against any of the assault weapon/large-capacity magazine bans would fuck them being placed nationwide, would it not?

To be honest the Heller decision already addressed that, the lower courts have been ignoring or twisting Scalia's usage of 'common use".
Kavanaugh opined in writing on the mootness of the NY case and said "the court should address the issue by taking another of the several other Second Amendment cases which have been appealed to the Supreme Court (the plaintiffs have petitioned for a writ of certiorari and are waiting)."
IMO, this would indicate that the court is aware and tired of the lower courts ignoring precedent set by the supreme court on the issue that rifles like the AR/AK platform are "common use" and violating the 2nd Amendment by allowing such bans to continue. It's even got to a point that the usually quiet jurist Clarence Thomas has been speaking out on how the lower courts and states need to be corrected and to quit treating the 2nd Amendment as a second class right. I can only imagine Thomas just itching to bitch slap some states and lower courts around.
Last edited by Grinning Dragon on Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:31 pm

Grinning Dragon wrote:

To be honest the Heller decision already addressed that, the lower courts have been ignoring or twisting Scalia's usage of 'common use".
Kavanaugh opined in writing on the mootness of the NY case and said "the court should address the issue by taking another of the several other Second Amendment cases which have been appealed to the Supreme Court (the plaintiffs have petitioned for a writ of certiorari and are waiting)."
IMO, this would indicate that the court is aware and tired of the lower courts ignoring precedent set by the supreme court on the issue that rifles like the AR/AK platform are "common use" and violating the 2nd Amendment by allowing such bans to continue. It's even got to a point that the usually quiet jurist Clarence Thomas has been speaking out on how the lower courts and states need to be corrected and to quit treating the 2nd Amendment as a second class right. I can only imagine Thomas just itching to bitch slap some states and lower courts around.

I really doubt anything short of a contempt citation will put a stop to it.
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

The JELLEAIN Republic
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The JELLEAIN Republic » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:43 pm

I wonder ...
If taking away small arms would be better than taking large arms.

Hmm.

Also, to a previous argument.
https://casetext.com/case/dist-of-columbia-v-heller-3

I believe this says militias are illegal ?
Last edited by The JELLEAIN Republic on Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May the autocorrect be with you...
Cannot think of a name wrote:It's a narrative, and narratives don't require masterminds or persian cats.
Male. Lives in USA. Quotes
The Greater Ohio Valley wrote:Same here. I wash my hands religiously to keep the medical debt away.

The Chuck
Minister

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Chuck » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:46 pm

The JELLEAIN Republic wrote:I wonder ...

Nah, either way is a dumb as fuck idea. Reason being, 68ish homicides per 100,000 people in my city. I need firearms to protect myself, and my loved ones from gangs, crooks, and the occasional politician.
I advocate for violence every single day. I work in the arms industry.
In-Character Advertisement Space:
The Chuck wholly endorses Wolf Armaments, Lauzanexport CDT, and
Silverport Dockyards Ltd.

"Keep your guns... and buy more guns!" - Kitty Werthmann, Austrian Nazi Regime Survivor
Roof Korea, Best Korea. Hippity Hoppity, 내 재산에서 꺼져.
Pro: Liberty/Freedoms of the Individual, Unrestricted firearms ownership
-Slava-
Ukraini

The JELLEAIN Republic
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The JELLEAIN Republic » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:51 pm

The Chuck wrote:

Nah, either way is a dumb as fuck idea. Reason being, 68ish homicides per 100,000 people in my city. I need firearms to protect myself, and my loved ones from gangs, crooks, and the occasional politician.

Can we at least agree that we need better background checks and safety training ?
(Paid for by the state of course)
Last edited by The JELLEAIN Republic on Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cannot think of a name wrote:It's a narrative, and narratives don't require masterminds or persian cats.
The Greater Ohio Valley wrote:Same here. I wash my hands religiously to keep the medical debt away.

The Emerald Legion
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Emerald Legion » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:10 am

The JELLEAIN Republic wrote:
The Chuck wrote:

Can we at least agree that we need better background checks and safety training ?

Honestly, not really. No. What we need is police forces that actually do their job. Not just randomly and arbitrarily enforce laws when they feel like it and only when they feel like it.

Hmm.

You believe incorrectly, it in fact says that literally every citizen of the united states capable of fighting is a part of the US citizens militia.
"23.The unwise man is awake all night, and ponders everything over; when morning comes he is weary in mind, and all is a burden as ever." - Havamal

The JELLEAIN Republic
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The JELLEAIN Republic » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:14 am

Honestly, not really. No. What we need is police forces that actually do their job. Not just randomly and arbitrarily enforce laws when they feel like it and only when they feel like it.

Hmm.

You believe incorrectly, it in fact says that literally every citizen of the united states capable of fighting is a part of the US citizens militia.

What kind of police do you have ?

Arzt0zka
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Arzt0zka » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:26 am

I live near a major city so the police are authoritarian power fetishists, so even more reason for me to have guns.

Arzt0zka
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Arzt0zka » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:27 am

I live near a major city so the police are authoritarian power fetishists, so even more reason for me to have guns.

The Chuck
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Chuck » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:31 am

The Chuck wrote:

Already exists. You aren't an American are you? When you go to get a firearm from the gun store, you fill out a Form 4473 and a NCIS (Background Check) is instantly filed.
Last edited by The Chuck on Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Keep your guns... and buy more guns!" - Kitty Werthmann, Austrian Nazi Regime Survivor
-Slava-
Ukraini

The JELLEAIN Republic
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The JELLEAIN Republic » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:44 am

The Chuck wrote:

Already exists. You aren't an American are you? When you go to get a firearm from the gun store, you fill out a Form 4473 and a NCIS (Background Check) is instantly filed.

Yeah but I keep on hearing about loopholes and how the system is inefficient and how flagged people still get guns and all that.

The JELLEAIN Republic
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The JELLEAIN Republic » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:45 am

Arzt0zka wrote:

yikes.
Maybe you should call your regional representative or somthing.
Is there like an inspector general extension.
Cuz, bad apples in the force go to jail too.

The Emerald Legion
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Emerald Legion » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:56 am

The Chuck wrote:

Yeah but I keep on hearing about loopholes and how the system is inefficient and how flagged people still get guns and all that.

It's usually inefficient because the people calling for more background checks want it to be inefficient and stupid, so as to make getting a gun harder for everyone.

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:27 am

The Chuck wrote:

A lot of that is BS.
There is a single situation which in the majority of states does not require a background check- private transactions(sale from one individual who is not a licensed dealer to another). It's important to remember the scale of the problem here- private sales are pretty rare in the gun world and most of them are between family members. The same laws regarding prohibited persons apply to private sales as to more typical purchases. The only difference is the lack of a background check.
It's also important to note here that one of the major issues with changing these rules is the how. To put a finer point on it- giving randos access to the same background check system as gun dealers(who are background checked and licensed at the federal level to have access to the same data as the cops) is not a good thing.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Grinning Dragon
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 16, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Grinning Dragon » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:43 am

The Chuck wrote:

There are no loopholes. Anti gunners are lying to you, they seem to think any time someone exercises their enumerated right there is a loophole being exploited, anti gunners hate freedom, hate individual rights and the exercise thereof.
Then there is the issue where there are many more false positives barring a person from purchasing vs keeping prohibited people from purchasing, this is all because a person just happens to share the same name and birth date as the prohibited person. IMO, the background check system is a joke, and unconstitutional and should be repealed.

The Chuck
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Chuck » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:32 am

The Chuck wrote:

Seems like you are falling for false narrative information. Anti-Gun folks harp on about "loopholes" that don't exist to drive a narrative and get folks like you to believe in them. I'd recommend doing some self studying and research on American gun laws. If you aren't an American too, why does this bother you?

-Slava-
Ukraini

Krasny-Volny
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Krasny-Volny » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:02 pm

Arzt0zka wrote:

yikes.

Ineffectual cops and some - not all, but definitely some - big cities just go together.

I used to live in a pretty terrible neighborhood in Houston with a serious gang problem. I could hear gunfire at night and based on timing the sirens a response time of fifteen minutes wasn’t uncommon. By then of course the perps were long gone and whoever was getting shot at was probably dead on the scene.

It isn’t that the local PD was intentionally being terrible, they just didn’t patrol the worse off areas well enough and often took a long time to get there when they were needed.

This is where going armed becomes an actual necessity.
Last edited by Krasny-Volny on Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Krastecexport. Cheap armaments for the budget minded, sold with discretion.

The Emerald Legion
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Emerald Legion » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:22 pm

Krasny-Volny wrote:
The JELLEAIN Republic wrote:yikes.

Ineffectual cops and some - not all, but definitely some - big cities just go together.

I used to live in a pretty terrible neighborhood in Houston with a serious gang problem. I could hear gunfire at night and based on timing the sirens a response time of fifteen minutes wasn’t uncommon. By then of course the perps were long gone and whoever was getting shot at was probably dead on the scene.

It isn’t that the local PD was intentionally being terrible, they just didn’t patrol the worse off areas well enough and often took a long time to get there when they were needed.

This is where going armed becomes an actual necessity.

And if you're out in more rural areas, the sheriffs tend to be pretty corrupt. Well, Either corrupt or really good.
Last edited by The Emerald Legion on Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Chuck
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Chuck » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:40 pm

Well we now celebrate 28 years of Roof Koreans right around now.

Remember the names of David Joo, Rodney King, and Latasha Harlins. A great many travesties and a great many heroics occurred leading up to and during the LA Riots. When the police fail at their job, you get people taking matters into their own hands.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_Los_ ... _the_riots

A&E Special Segment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCYT9Hew9ZU

I'd recommend purchasing and watching the full segment from A&E titled "L.A. Burning: The Riots 25 Years Later". Pretty good documentary.

Count Dankula Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pwl4pvr300

-Slava-
Ukraini

Hurtful Thoughts
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 09, 2005
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Hurtful Thoughts » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:41 pm

Arzt0zka wrote:

yikes.

Also corrupt. And appoints a like-minded Attorney-General in such instances.
-Complaining in such cases sometimes resaults in police harassmens and/or your dog being shot after the Governor has your home anonamously swatted.

Shit flows down, not up.

Apparently there's r/n a bit of a scandal where literally all the votes from 3 counties weren't even counted this year... so... there's that.
Last edited by Hurtful Thoughts on Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Factbook and general referance thread.
HOI <- Storefront (WiP)
Due to population-cuts, military-size currently being revised

The People's Republic of Hurtful Thoughts is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and smutty television.
Mokostana wrote:See, Hurty cared not if the mission succeeded or not, as long as it was spectacular trainwreck. Sometimes that was the host Nation firing a SCUD into a hospital to destroy a foreign infection and accidentally sparking a rebellion... or accidentally starting the Mokan Drug War

Blackhelm Confederacy wrote:If there was only a "like" button for NS posts....

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:13 pm

Arzt0zka wrote:

Sounds like the cops in Macomb County Michigan. I remember an incident a couple years ago where the Macomb County sheriff stopped a car on suspicion of drugs and when some guy got out and ran, they tased him, then beat the other people in the car and then arrested a woman for trying to get her kid out of the car. All this over the suspicion they had weed on them, and in the end they found nothing. Then there was the Roseville PD who ticketed people for running their car in their driveway during winter, the Warren PD who beat a man and then threatened to frame an investigator looking into the issue as a pedophile, the Utica PD who threatened to launch an unconstitutional raid on a friend of mines house if he had a party cause one of their officers lived next door, and the Eastpointe police who kept stopping and harassing black people. These guys really suck ass, and to me it's like being in Los Angeles back in the 90s when the LAPD was at their worst.
Last edited by Rojava Free State on Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:57 pm

The Chuck wrote:

That's because you uncritically listen to dishonest twats.
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

The JELLEAIN Republic
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The JELLEAIN Republic » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:59 pm

The Chuck wrote:

Seems like you are falling for false narrative information. Anti-Gun folks harp on about "loopholes" that don't exist to drive a narrative and get folks like you to believe in them. I'd recommend doing some self studying and research on American gun laws. If you aren't an American too, why does this bother you?

Lol I’m definitely an American.
(I have the eu flag because my nation is a bunch of islands)
Grinning Dragon wrote:

There are no loopholes. Anti gunners are lying to you, they seem to think any time someone exercises their enumerated right there is a loophole being exploited, anti gunners hate freedom, hate individual rights and the exercise thereof.
Then there is the issue where there are many more false positives barring a person from purchasing vs keeping prohibited people from purchasing, this is all because a person just happens to share the same name and birth date as the prohibited person. IMO, the background check system is a joke, and unconstitutional and should be repealed.

Well.
I’m all for freedom and individual rights,
But I still think that guns are too open.
Like,
Let me put it this way.
The argument is either for more guns or for less.
Nobody hates freedom.
The only people who would be interested in taking away freedoms for the sake of it are totalitarian politicians that want power.
If you want less guns it’s because you think they are causing a problem.
If you want more guns you think your freedoms are being unfairly controlled, or that you need them.
Besides some individual with a totalitarian streak.
What malicious motive could it possibly be for less guns.
Taking away a right makes people unhappy, you get less votes.
Politicians wouldn’t shoot them selves in the foot. (At least not the smart ones).
I see however, why a politician might be maliciously motivated for guns.
“enter corrupt NRA lobby”.

I do see the argument that the politicians are taking it away maliciously and are only pretending there is a problem.
But the scale that would have to be, and the implied things they would do is just too far fetched for me.

You are either trying to disarm people so you can do some authoritarian stuff or you are being corrupted by money and ignoring the death.

Like.
In a world where it is efficient, and easy.
Why not get a background check, and safety training.

You need a drivers license after all. (Driving isn't a right though...), but still it’s a responsibility.

Why not go and say hey, I want a gun license.
So they go, and see, hmm, no (big) criminal behavior or repeat offenses, no dangerous mental issue.
Go to some training lessons.
You are trained how to properly and safely use a gun.
You get a license.
Go to a store, show the license, and walk out of the store with the new gun,
Maybe if you have kids or something be more strict about storage.

No hassle.
You learned a skill.
Once you do it it’s super easy to get a gun.

Then again.
I am one person.
What would be the cons of an idea like this ?

Kernen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kernen » Fri May 01, 2020 4:04 am

The Chuck wrote:

Lol I’m definitely an American.
(I have the eu flag because my nation is a bunch of islands)
Grinning Dragon wrote:There are no loopholes. Anti gunners are lying to you, they seem to think any time someone exercises their enumerated right there is a loophole being exploited, anti gunners hate freedom, hate individual rights and the exercise thereof.

Well.
I’m all for freedom and individual rights,
But I still think that guns are too open.
Like,
Let me put it this way.
The argument is either for more guns or for less.
Nobody hates freedom.
The only people who would be interested in taking away freedoms for the sake of it are totalitarian politicians that want power.
If you want less guns it’s because you think they are causing a problem.
If you want more guns you think your freedoms are being unfairly controlled, or that you need them.
Besides some individual with a totalitarian streak.
What malicious motive could it possibly be for less guns.
Taking away a right makes people unhappy, you get less votes.
Politicians wouldn’t shoot them selves in the foot. (At least not the smart ones).
I see however, why a politician might be maliciously motivated for guns.
“enter corrupt NRA lobby”.

I do see the argument that the politicians are taking it away maliciously and are only pretending there is a problem.
But the scale that would have to be, and the implied things they would do is just too far fetched for me.

You are either trying to disarm people so you can do some authoritarian stuff or you are being corrupted by money and ignoring the death.

Like.
In a world where it is efficient, and easy.
Why not get a background check, and safety training.

You need a drivers license after all. (Driving isn't a right though...), but still it’s a responsibility.

Why not go and say hey, I want a gun license.
So they go, and see, hmm, no (big) criminal behavior or repeat offenses, no dangerous mental issue.
Go to some training lessons.
You are trained how to properly and safely use a gun.
You get a license.
Go to a store, show the license, and walk out of the store with the new gun,
Maybe if you have kids or something be more strict about storage.

No hassle.
You learned a skill.
Once you do it it’s super easy to get a gun.

Then again.
I am one person.
What would be the cons of an idea like this ?

The con is that licenses are used in an exclusionary manner, and that your right to bear arms is a constitutional right that is harmed by requiring a license, storage law, and 'training'.

I swear, I don't get why people think you need a class. Modern firearms come with a manual, and even if illiterate, guns are not that hard to figure out. Children can, and do, use them safely every day.
From the throne of Khan Juk i'Behemoti, Juk Who-Is-The-Strength-of-the-Behemoth, Supreme Khan of the Ogres of Kernen. May the Khan ever drink the blood of his enemies!

Lawful Evil

Get abortions, do drugs, own guns, but never misstate legal procedure.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General