NATION

PASSWORD

Gun Control 2022 (IV) - Gun Rights, Control, & Government

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Your thoughts on pistol braces? (See top of OP for information)

Ban modern sporting rifles
15%
Pistol braces should be outlawed and current restrictions on SBRs remain in place
11%
Pistol braces should be outlawed but current restrictions on SBRs should be removed
4%
Pistol braces should be allowed and current restrictions on SBRs should remain
13%
Pistol braces should be allowed but current restrictions on SBRs should be removed
58%

Total votes : 786

The Emerald Legion
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 18, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Emerald Legion » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:23 am

Cantelo wrote:
The Emerald Legion wrote:
Possible, but we can't know how the Union would have reacted to a more diplomatic and less jingoistic Confederacy.

Lincoln wanted to keep the Union together at all costs. That should tell you the approach that the United States had towards the insurrection. All that the attack on Fort Sumter did was tell Lincoln he needed to haul ass on a response to the rebellion.

And Trump wants to build a wall at all costs. Do you honestly think he'd be able to start the most bloody war in US history to accomplish it if that war wasn't already started for him?

Lincoln, like any president, had limits on his power.
"23.The unwise man is awake all night, and ponders everything over; when morning comes he is weary in mind, and all is a burden as ever." - Havamal

Cantelo
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 28, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cantelo » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:27 am

Cantelo wrote:
Lincoln wanted to keep the Union together at all costs. That should tell you the approach that the United States had towards the insurrection. All that the attack on Fort Sumter did was tell Lincoln he needed to haul ass on a response to the rebellion.

And Trump wants to build a wall at all costs. Do you honestly think he'd be able to start the most bloody war in US history to accomplish it if that war wasn't already started for him?

Dude, how are you comparing a wall to the secession of all the southern states? One is objectively more dire and consequential than the other.
Forever a Pilgrim; Oviedo - Santiago de Compostela 370km
Kingdom of Cantelo - Reín de Cantelo - Regne de Cantelo - Reialme de Cantelo
At a Glance | Cardona Journal | Queen Isabella I | Parliament of Cantelo | National Anthem of Cantelo
I like making flags for fun, shoot me a telegram if you’d like one made!
Spanish-American college student with an addiction to sushi. Political Compass

The Emerald Legion
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 18, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Emerald Legion » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:30 am

Cantelo wrote:

Dude, how are you comparing a wall to the secession of all the southern states? One is objectively more dire and consequential than the other.

Not really. No.
"23.The unwise man is awake all night, and ponders everything over; when morning comes he is weary in mind, and all is a burden as ever." - Havamal

Cantelo
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 28, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cantelo » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:31 am

Cantelo wrote:

Not really. No.

Yes. Yes it is.
Forever a Pilgrim; Oviedo - Santiago de Compostela 370km
Kingdom of Cantelo - Reín de Cantelo - Regne de Cantelo - Reialme de Cantelo
At a Glance | Cardona Journal | Queen Isabella I | Parliament of Cantelo | National Anthem of Cantelo
I like making flags for fun, shoot me a telegram if you’d like one made!
Spanish-American college student with an addiction to sushi. Political Compass

Telconi
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:02 pm

Cantelo wrote:
Aclion wrote:Image

Le epic movie reference, absolutely DESTROYED my argument 8) 8) 8)

Texas v. White is a stupid decision. After all if the states had never actually seceded, then that means the U.S. government used the army to commit literally millions of extra-judicial executions, kidnappings, thefts, and arsons.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Grinning Dragon
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 16, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Grinning Dragon » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:18 pm

Whoa, shits getting real at a sanders rally. Black guy who likes most of sanders ideas, just isn't keen on his stance on the 2nd Amendment, wears a Black Guns Matter t-shirt, gets called a racist and tackled.
Brawl erupts at Sanders rally in Colorado over 'Black Guns Matter' T-shirt
The man wearing the shirt, who is black, told CBS Denver that he was recording the Sanders rally when the other man came up to him and called him a “racist.”

“He had a problem with the shirt I was wearing,” the man, who did not identify himself to the channel, said. “I was recording the event, he walks up and calls me a racist. But I thought, ‘What’s he know about black lives, about discrimination, or, for that matter, the representation of the shirt.'”

VIDEO: Fight Breaks Out At Bernie Sanders Rally In Colorado
It allegedly shows Tyler, in a jeans jackets, and another man arguing about the man’s shirt. That man with the “Black Guns Matter” shirt also contacted CBS4, although anonymously. He called Tyler the aggressor and said he is African American.

“He had a problem with the shirt I was wearing,” this man said. “I was recording the event, he walks up and calls me a racist. But I thought, ‘What’s he know about black lives, about discrimination, or, for that matter, the representation of the shirt.'”

Throughout American history, the man continued, “Black people and their ability to own firearms has historically been very restricted. The shirt I got from a conceal-carry class.”

He said he agrees with Sanders on a number of policies but definitely not on gun ownership.

“I think it’s really a sad thing at a Bernie rally, when someone has a difference of opinion, that someone would be treated like that. I thought it really would be a lot more inclusive than that. It’s not a safe place to express differences. I would expect that sort of thing at a Trump rally.”

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:13 pm

Telconi wrote:
Cantelo wrote:
Le epic movie reference, absolutely DESTROYED my argument 8) 8) 8)

Texas v. White is a stupid decision. After all if the states had never actually seceded, then that means the U.S. government used the army to commit literally millions of extra-judicial executions, kidnappings, thefts, and arsons.

Not to mention the argument that "the constitution says the US is 'a more perfect union' and a perfect union is perpetual, therefore the union it is perpetual and you can't secede" is fucking retarded for several reasons.
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

The Chuck
Minister

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Chuck » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:23 pm

Grinning Dragon wrote:-snip-

Fucking hell, good on the African-American man for sticking to his metaphorical guns though. Wear that shirt with pride and express your rights with pride.

White guy calls African-American guy racist because African-American guy wants his due rights to protect himself from violent people like the person calling him racist. Go fucking figure.
I advocate for violence every single day. I work in the arms industry.
In-Character Advertisement Space:
The Chuck wholly endorses Wolf Armaments, Lauzanexport CDT, and
Silverport Dockyards Ltd.

"Keep your guns... and buy more guns!" - Kitty Werthmann, Austrian Nazi Regime Survivor
Roof Korea, Best Korea. Hippity Hoppity, 내 재산에서 꺼져.
Pro: Liberty/Freedoms of the Individual, Unrestricted firearms ownership
-Slava-
Ukraini

Imperial Joseon
Minister

Founded: Dec 13, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Joseon » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:27 pm

I say take away the guns, but I'm afraid illegal gun sharing might spread, but taking away the guns seems to be the best approach.
Champions - Sporting World Cup 10 (U-18),

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:37 pm

No one needs 30-round semi-auto rifles! We need 100+-round belt-fed full-auto machineguns dammit!

• INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

I support Capitalism do you? If so, put this in your sig.

XY = Male, XX = Female

Imperial Joseon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Joseon » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:42 pm

Germanic Templars wrote:No one needs 30-round semi-auto rifles! We need 100+-round belt-fed full-auto machineguns dammit!

:lol2:

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:51 pm

Imperial Joseon wrote:
Germanic Templars wrote:No one needs 30-round semi-auto rifles! We need 100+-round belt-fed full-auto machineguns dammit!

Truth be told I am being serious, I mean, I really want a belt-fed mg and not the pre-May 86 stamps that cost $20,000 or so to buy because supply-and-demand is a thing that fucks me over in buying me one...

This brings me to the point of Hughes Amendment needs to be scrapped. After all, no militia made of the common man is complete without an MG crew to provide support.

• INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

XY = Male, XX = Female

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:59 pm

Imperial Joseon wrote:I say take away the guns, but I'm afraid illegal gun sharing might spread, but taking away the guns seems to be the best approach.

Good luck.
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Taihei Tengoku
Senator

Founded: Dec 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Taihei Tengoku » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:03 pm

The whole premise of gun control is to tip the balance of terror into criminal populations that vote for gun control proponents, and away from the law-abiding bourgeois populations that don't.
REST IN POWER
Franberry - HMS Barham - North Point - Questers - Tyrandis - Rosbaningrad - Sharfghotten
UNJUSTLY DELETED
OUR DAY WILL COME

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:08 pm

Germanic Templars wrote:
Imperial Joseon wrote:

Truth be told I am being serious, I mean, I really want a belt-fed mg and not the pre-May 86 stamps that cost $20,000 or so to buy because supply-and-demand is a thing that fucks me over in buying me one...

This brings me to the point of Hughes Amendment needs to be scrapped. After all, no militia made of the common man is complete without an MG crew to provide support.

I mean, depending on the kind of machine gun, you might be able to find one for somewhere in the mid to high four figures.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:10 pm

Diopolis wrote:
Germanic Templars wrote:

I mean, depending on the kind of machine gun, you might be able to find one for somewhere in the mid to high four figures.

Yeah, but that is with SMGs like those shitty MAC-11s or Uzis. I don't want those, I want an M60!
I mean, again those are the prices I have seen since I last search. :unsure:

• INTP
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

XY = Male, XX = Female

Imperial Joseon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Joseon » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:18 pm

Germanic Templars wrote:
Imperial Joseon wrote:

Sorry, thought you were joking there. I get your point now.

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:20 pm

Germanic Templars wrote:
Diopolis wrote:I mean, depending on the kind of machine gun, you might be able to find one for somewhere in the mid to high four figures.

Yeah, but that is with SMGs like those shitty MAC-11s or Uzis. I don't want those, I want an M60!

Ok, fair.
Get your class three dealer's license and convince a small town sheriff to claim he's thinking about buying an M60 from you so you can keep one in inventory?
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Kernen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kernen » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:22 pm

Diopolis wrote:
Germanic Templars wrote:Yeah, but that is with SMGs like those shitty MAC-11s or Uzis. I don't want those, I want an M60!

Ok, fair.
Get your class three dealer's license and convince a small town sheriff to claim he's thinking about buying an M60 from you so you can keep one in inventory?

Those licenses are entirely too much trouble to be worth bothering with.
From the throne of Khan Juk i'Behemoti, Juk Who-Is-The-Strength-of-the-Behemoth, Supreme Khan of the Ogres of Kernen. May the Khan ever drink the blood of his enemies!

Lawful Evil

Get abortions, do drugs, own guns, but never misstate legal procedure.

The Chuck
Minister

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Chuck » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:24 pm

Diopolis wrote:
Germanic Templars wrote:Yeah, but that is with SMGs like those shitty MAC-11s or Uzis. I don't want those, I want an M60!

Ok, fair.

Alright Schwarzenegger 8)
I advocate for violence every single day. I work in the arms industry.
In-Character Advertisement Space:
The Chuck wholly endorses Wolf Armaments, Lauzanexport CDT, and
Silverport Dockyards Ltd.

"Keep your guns... and buy more guns!" - Kitty Werthmann, Austrian Nazi Regime Survivor
Roof Korea, Best Korea. Hippity Hoppity, 내 재산에서 꺼져.
Pro: Liberty/Freedoms of the Individual, Unrestricted firearms ownership
-Slava-
Ukraini

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:25 pm

Diopolis wrote:

Ok, fair.

Kernen wrote:
Diopolis wrote:Ok, fair.

I have to agree with Kernen here on that one. Fuck having to pay yearly(?) just to "own" an MG.

• INTP
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

XY = Male, XX = Female

Imperial Joseon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Joseon » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:25 pm

The Chuck wrote:

I bet Schwarz doesn't need a gun to counter gun attacks. :lol:

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:26 pm

Imperial Joseon wrote:
The Chuck wrote:

Of course not, he has a tank.
Last edited by Germanic Templars on Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

• INTP
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

XY = Male, XX = Female

Imperial Joseon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Joseon » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:27 pm

Germanic Templars wrote:
Imperial Joseon wrote:

Of course not, he has a tank.

Ba-tum-tshi!

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:29 pm

Germanic Templars wrote:

Kernen wrote:

I have to agree with Kernen here on that one. Fuck having to pay yearly(?) just to "own" an MG.

Oh, it's entirely not worth it unless you happen to own a gun range and want one in your rental case.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General