NATION

PASSWORD

[POLL] What is your race? Sept 2019 edition

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What is your racial background/identity?

Poll ended at Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:47 pm

White or Caucasian: European
65%
White or Caucasian: MENA
2%
East Asian (Japan to Indonesia)
7%
South Asian (Pakistan to Bangladesh and Sri Lanka)
3%
Black or African
3%
Latino/Latin American
4%
Native American
1%
Pacific Islander
0%
Mixed/Other (non-white)
1%
Mixed/Other (part-white)
13%

Total votes : 437

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:12 pm

NewLakotah wrote:
Saiwania wrote:
The larger point is that this is obviously because the world in general is becoming even less majority White (when Whites have always been a minority globally speaking) and I take issue with allowing this trend to continue.

I'm not cool with letting the majority dark countries to continue reproducing too much just to send their surplus people to our home countries as opposed to keeping them overseas so that perhaps they'll be more responsible in terms of developing their countries of origin instead of making our life harder via this neoliberal globalization bullshit.

Nationalist Populism all the way.

Why does it matter what percentage of the population of a nation/world is white or not? If you have a problem, then start reproducing lol. That's the only "problem" here. Blame your modern education, and society for that, can't blame others. This whole "white genocide" thing is more laughable than anything.

There used to be a time when genocide meant mass murder. Now it means that a black and white person are getting married. I'm so ashamed of this world
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

The Rapture Republic
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rapture Republic » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:13 pm

I identify as a sentient Oreo.

Though, seriously, I am mixed race, African and White European.
Rapture City

• In the underwater city, two roles have emerged from the City's ongoing civil war: the City Monitors who defend the peace and the Red Caps who fight against unjust systems. The city's infrastructure is crumbling under its own weight and kinship is snuffed by the paranoia of totalitarianism. Yet the people would be in for a surprise as their virtual overlord have died many years ago as the oppression continues under his name...
  • Not an 1-1 exact replica of Bioshock lore and Rapture City. Only the city's atmosphere and setting is maintained.

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:14 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
NewLakotah wrote:Why does it matter what percentage of the population of a nation/world is white or not? If you have a problem, then start reproducing lol. That's the only "problem" here. Blame your modern education, and society for that, can't blame others. This whole "white genocide" thing is more laughable than anything.

There used to be a time when genocide meant mass murder. Now it means that a black and white person are getting married. I'm so ashamed of this world

At least most people don't think like that.
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

Samudera Darussalam
Senator

Founded: Aug 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Samudera Darussalam » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:15 pm

The Rapture Republic wrote:I identify as a sentient Oreo.

Though, seriously, I am mixed race, African and White European.

Sentient Oreo. Purrfectt....
*prepares some forks, spoons, and a glass of milk*

Rojava Free State wrote:
NewLakotah wrote:Why does it matter what percentage of the population of a nation/world is white or not? If you have a problem, then start reproducing lol. That's the only "problem" here. Blame your modern education, and society for that, can't blame others. This whole "white genocide" thing is more laughable than anything.

When it's taken out of its real context, we can only wonder.

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:16 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:Neoliberal globalism is not caused by brown or black people. It's usually wealthy white industrialists who want cheap labor that support this, so I'm reality white countries are not being invaded. It isn't an invasion when the people in power open the door

It is an invasion to me, that doesn't have to be allowed. If my politics were allowed but one chance at power, something could be done about what I complain about, if not many things. Most on the Left would be displeased with my actions of course, but if they're for the immigrants- they can always join them voluntarily.

It is the right's contention that the Left doesn't truly care about any of those people, they're brought in to serve as future votes if the US remains flawed enough to keep allowing for birthright citizenship.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

NewLakotah
Minister

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby NewLakotah » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:19 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:

Exactly. Hell, I guess I'm apart of it for being mixed lol.
Saiwania wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:Neoliberal globalism is not caused by brown or black people. It's usually wealthy white industrialists who want cheap labor that support this, so I'm reality white countries are not being invaded. It isn't an invasion when the people in power open the door

It is an invasion to me, that doesn't have to be allowed. If my politics were allowed but one chance at power, something could be done about what I complain about, if not many things. Most on the Left would be displeased with my actions of course, but if they're for the immigrants- they can always join them voluntarily.

It is the right's contention that the Left doesn't truly care about any of those people, they're brought in to serve as future votes if the US remains flawed enough to keep allowing for birthright citizenship.

You can't just redefine terms...

an invasion isn't the same as immigration. Immigration policies that allow for people to immigrate, work, live, become citizens etc for almost any nation there is. Secondly, perhaps the immigrants would be more willing to vote right, especially those from socially conservative nations, if the right wasn't so diabolically opposed to them being there and their race...
"How smooth must be the language of the whites, when they can make right look like wrong, and wrong like right." ~~ Black Hawk, Sauk

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." ~~ Tecumseh

Free Leonard Peltier!!

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:23 pm

Saiwania wrote:

It doesn't matter what it is to you. They aren't invading if someone says come on in. And if you have an issue living among non whites, tell me why you haven't established that all white commune at a cabin in the woods yet? America is not a white country. White people are not native to this land. The only people who were native to this land are mostly dead. Everyone has just as much of a right to America as the next guy and his mom
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:24 pm

Geneviev wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

At least most people don't think like that.

Thank god. I'd already be living on mars if they did

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:24 pm

NewLakotah wrote:You can't just redefine terms...

an invasion isn't the same as immigration. Immigration policies that allow for people to immigrate, work, live, become citizens etc for almost any nation there is. Secondly, perhaps the immigrants would be more willing to vote right, especially those from socially conservative nations, if the right wasn't so diabolically opposed to them being there and their race...

Wanting to allow your own country to change from within, to not stand up for or defend your own national culture, heritage, etc. takes a lot away from the entire point of being Conservative. That is tantamount to willful neglect on an individual level. The right by definition, isn't comprised of Globalists. At least definitely not the rank and file. A core purpose of any right wing movement is Nationalism.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:26 pm

Saiwania wrote:

Wanting to allow your own country to change from within, to not stand up for or defend your own national culture, heritage, etc. takes a lot away from the entire point of being Conservative. That is tantamount to willful neglect on an individual level. The right by definition, isn't comprised of Globalists. At least definitely not the rank and file. A core purpose of any right wing movement is Nationalism.

Why do you assume a change in race is gonna automatically change the culture of america?

Samudera Darussalam
Senator

Founded: Aug 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Samudera Darussalam » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:26 pm

Saiwania wrote:

How is the American national culture white? Is there any white culture? The term is so poorly defined.
Last edited by Samudera Darussalam on Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NewLakotah
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby NewLakotah » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:29 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Saiwania wrote:

It doesn't matter what it is to you. They aren't invading if someone says come on in. And if you have an issue living among non whites, tell me why you haven't established that all white commune at a cabin in the woods yet? America is not a white country. White people are not native to this land. The only people who were native to this land are mostly dead. Everyone has just as much of a right to America as the next guy and his mom

Mostly but not all ;)
Saiwania wrote:

Except that IS American culture. Sticking to their identity and not changing. Think about it. When the whites arrived to the Americas, they keep their own cultures. THe French in Canada, the British Canadians, the US British-Americans, etc. They kept their own identities, not adapting to those that existed their previously. Second, The follow on immigrants, from mainland Europe did the same thing. Why are their large numbers of Italian speaking communities, Russian speaking communities "little Italies" and so on and so forth? They keep their identity without adapting to the Anglo-Saxon Protestant culture that predominated. Catholics were persecuted heavily, why? because they didn't adapt to the Protestant mainstream culture. Italians and Polish immigrants were likewise mistreated.

You're falsely identifying these immigrants, solely on race, as being "different" than any other immigrant in the world that came to the US. Which is ridiculous to claim, considering the US history and identity. Which is emblazed on the statue of liberty, no less.
Last edited by NewLakotah on Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"How smooth must be the language of the whites, when they can make right look like wrong, and wrong like right." ~~ Black Hawk, Sauk

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." ~~ Tecumseh

Free Leonard Peltier!!

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:29 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Geneviev wrote:At least most people don't think like that.

Thank god. I'd already be living on mars if they did

For good reason.

Saiwania wrote:

If you're American, you're not even from a "white" country.
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:37 pm

There was a period of US history from 1920 to around 1970 where there was few to no immigration to the US from non-White countries, and I'd argue that this was more of a golden age we should be moving back to.

The Statue of Liberty is no excuse to just allow in any riff raff that wants in. I'm a bigger fan of what Trump's administration has done in their "Golden Visa" concept. If it goes to the highest bidder, at least in exchange for giving them citizenship, the US gets a nice chunk of their preexisting financial fortune and as such- it is limited to an acceptably low number of people if it is limited to primarily the richest from overseas.
Sith Acolyte

NewLakotah
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby NewLakotah » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:44 pm

Saiwania wrote:There was a period of US history from 1920 to around 1970 where there was few to no immigration to the US from non-White countries, and I'd argue that this was more of a golden age we should be moving back to.

The Statue of Liberty is no excuse to just allow in any riff raff that wants in. I'm a bigger fan of what Trump's administration has done in their "Golden Visa" concept. If it goes to the highest bidder, at least in exchange for giving them citizenship, the US gets a nice chunk of their preexisting financial fortune and as such- it is limited to an acceptably low number of people if it is limited to primarily the richest from overseas.

So then it does only boil down to race then? That’s the reason why you fail to gain support from non whites. Hell, I would be closer to being conservative than not. But the right core that you are pushing causes me to go left, as I don’t get to be apart of your “utopia”. Not to mention, the US has a massive demographics problem. Only allowing very wealthy into the US isn’t going to help that much. The economy simply won’t be able to handle it.

Free Leonard Peltier!!

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:55 pm

NewLakotah wrote:Not to mention, the US has a massive demographics problem. Only allowing very wealthy into the US isn’t going to help that much. The economy simply won’t be able to handle it.

I would prefer for the US economy to shrink, than to allow for its majority population to change. A poorer country should theoretically correlate to higher birth rates temporarily, and the more depressed an economy is, the more growth opportunities there are in the long term. Just like how the best time to buy stock shares is when the price is at rock bottom- if you have enough certainty that the company won't go bankrupt.
Sith Acolyte

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:00 pm

White European.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Kowani
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:16 pm

Saiwania wrote:
NewLakotah wrote:Not to mention, the US has a massive demographics problem. Only allowing very wealthy into the US isn’t going to help that much. The economy simply won’t be able to handle it.

I would prefer for the US economy to shrink, than to allow for its majority population to change. A poorer country should theoretically correlate to higher birth rates temporarily, and the more depressed an economy is, the more growth opportunities there are in the long term. Just like how the best time to buy stock shares is when the price is at rock bottom- if you have enough certainty that the company won't go bankrupt.

By this logic, investors should be pouring into Somalia.
American History and Historiography; Political and Labour History, Urbanism, Political Parties, Congressional Procedure, Elections.

Servant of The Democracy since 1896.

Historian, of sorts.

Effortposts can be found here!

Nova Cyberia
Senator

Founded: May 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:46 pm

H'white mix of Anglo and Eastern European Jew reporting in.
Yes, yes, I get it. I'm racist and fascist because I disagree with you. Can we skip that part? I've heard it a million times before and I guarantee it won't be any different when you do it
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

Xmara
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Xmara » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:54 pm

White American of European ancestry. Pale skin, dark brown hair, and blue-grey eyes.
/ˈzmaːrʌ/
Info
Our Leader
Status- Code Green- All clear
I mostly use NS stats, except for population and tax rates.
We are not Estonia.
A 16.8 civilization, according to this index.
Flag Waver

Support
Ukraine

Las Palmeras
Minister

Founded: Jun 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Las Palmeras » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:48 am

I refuse to consider "Latino" a racial classification, per se, and voted for one of the "mixed/other" options.
Hey hey, LP here: Too burnt out with this nation to make new lore or fix macrohistorical longue durée alt-his inconsistencies, too clingy to let it die.
UPHOLD SOUTH REINISM-LENINISM! UNLIMITED DESTRUCTION OF 1ST WORLD HETERRHOIDS!

Napkizemlja
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 13, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Napkizemlja » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:58 am

I'm torn between the 24 Hours of Le Mans and the Indy 500. The Monaco Grand Prix is interesting but just not my mug.
Don't cry because it's coming to an end, smile because it happened.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:58 am

I'm white, of German, Irish, and Swedeish ancestry, possibly with some other European blood thrown in.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum
Minister

Founded: Sep 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:24 pm

Sosyal Demokrat Kemalist
Zayıf Agnostik
LGBT Destekçisi
-3.13 -4.77
Türk %76,2 ☾☆
Slav %22,4
Çinli %1

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 02, 2018
Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:31 pm

Old Philadelphian/Yankee American
Last edited by Bear Stearns on Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General