NATION

PASSWORD

Trump to ban flavored e juices.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Should flavored e juices be banned?

Yes, for teh children!
9%
Yes, and we shouldn't just stop there! Ban vapes, e-cigs, and tobacco! Prohibition for all!
31%
Undecided.
11%
No, this is just more government regulation into Americans personal lives.
50%

Total votes : 217

Medwind
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Trump to ban flavored e juices.

Postby Medwind » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:04 pm

The administration is moving to ban flavored vape pens/juices. Where do you stand on this issue? Personally I find it absurd, hundreds of thousands of people die every year from tobacco smoking, yet the administration is focusing on a product which is aimed to help smokers. Many people claim it is "for the children" yet, it is illegal for children to buy vape products, so how does that make sense? Alcohol kills tens of thousands a year, should we ban alcohol having different flavors then? Are children the only group in the US that likes the flavor of bubble gum, cherries, or blueberries, etc.? What sense does this make? To me it just seems another step in prohibitionist movements, which are doomed to failure, as usual.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 284270001/

Victorious Decepticons
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 15, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Victorious Decepticons » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:08 pm

I'm going to buy a lifetime supply of flavored e-juice ingredients ASAP, and then it won't matter what the government thinks about it. :evil:

As you might expect, I'm really pissed off at this ridiculous, mindless, panic-level government intrusion. Making it worse is that the "mysterious unnamed lung illness" is not connected to nicotine-only e-juice, but stuff that contains THC or CBD oil. This ban is as tangential as banning cars to try to stop scooter accidents.
Last edited by Victorious Decepticons on Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No war RPs; no open RPs.

Explosive .50 cal shells vs. Decepticons: REAL, IRL PROOF the Decepticons would laugh at them - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeVTZlNQfPA
Newaswa wrote:What is the greatest threat to your nation?
Vallermoore wrote:The Victorious Decepticons.

Bluquse wrote:Imperialist, aggressive, and genociding aliens or interdimensional beings that would most likely slaughter or enslave us
rather than meet up to have a talk. :(

TurtleShroom wrote:Also, like any sane, civilized nation, we always consider the Victorious Decepticons a clear, present, and obvious threat we must respect, honor, and leave alone in all circumstances. Always fear the Victorious Decepticons.

The Huskar Social Union wrote: ... massive empires of genocidal machines.

Medwind
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Medwind » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:16 pm

Victorious Decepticons wrote:I'm going to buy a lifetime supply of flavored e-juice ingredients ASAP, and then it won't matter what the government thinks about it. :evil:

As you might expect, I'm really pissed off at this ridiculous, mindless, panic-level government intrusion. Making it worse is that the "mysterious unnamed lung illness" is not connected to nicotine-only e-juice, but stuff that contains THC or CBD oil. This ban is as tangential as banning cars to try to stop scooter accidents.

Yup, people are very ignorant about this subject. The truth is that these people are most likely vaping hard drugs, I doubt that it's even THC, it's probably SGT-25, or some form of spice/K-2. Hell, you can even vape meth! So people are punishing a law abiding, harmless industry that is trying to keep people from smoking a much more dangerous substance, all because a few people are abusing it by using stuff it's not meant for, from unsafe sources. It's along the lines of saying, "ban apples" sure, the majority of apple eaters are perfectly fine, but if they eat a ton of apple seeds they can die of cyanide poisoning!

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 02, 2018
Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:17 pm

RIP

Puritan boomers will support this
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bombadil » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:19 pm

Melania caught Barron vaping, hence the ban - true story.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:19 pm

The American generational gap grows
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Pacomia
Senator

Founded: May 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Pacomia » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:20 pm

Good. Flavoured vapes smell awful and they suck.
This nation is based on (a slightly more extreme version of) my IRL opinions, and I answer issues accordingly.
Current accidental policies: No Sex
Results of political various tests I took meme awesome
Progressive capitalism gang

GLORY TO CASCADIA, NUCLEAR ENERGY IS A GOOD THING!
This user is a male.

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:22 pm

I'm sorry, what happened to Trump being the current Republican icon of personal freedom?
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Spearos
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Spearos » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:22 pm

Pacomia wrote:Good. Flavoured vapes smell awful and they suck.

Nothing compared to the obnoxious, crude smell of normal cigarettes.

Medwind
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Medwind » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:24 pm

New haven america wrote:I'm sorry, what happened to Trump being the current Republican icon of personal freedom?

Yeah, I get more disillusioned and disappointed by the month. Wcyd, better than Hillary tho.

Medwind
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Medwind » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:25 pm

Pacomia wrote:Good. Flavoured vapes smell awful and they suck.

Opinion, and not a good excuse for a ban.

Holdac
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Holdac » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:26 pm

Victorious Decepticons wrote:I'm going to buy a lifetime supply of flavored e-juice ingredients ASAP, and then it won't matter what the government thinks about it. :evil:

you won't need a lifetime supply of e-juices, you won't even live that long! When the US banned alchohol in the 1920's, people tried making their own and ended up poisoning themselves.

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:27 pm

Medwind wrote:
New haven america wrote:I'm sorry, what happened to Trump being the current Republican icon of personal freedom?

Yeah, I get more disillusioned and disappointed by the month. Wcyd, better than Hillary tho.

I'm sorry, who's Hillary?
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Grinning Dragon
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 16, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Grinning Dragon » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:28 pm

Dumb.

Cascadiuh
Secretary

Founded: Sep 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cascadiuh » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:30 pm

About damn time.

And I say this as a junior in high school.
Last edited by Cascadiuh on Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Center-left Oregonian student. Proud member of the Democratic Party, though not without some qualms.

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:32 pm

Medwind wrote:

Oh my god, why are Trump supporters still talking about Hillary? She's so fucking irrelevant.
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:34 pm

Cascadiuh wrote:About damn time.

And I say this as a junior in high school.

And what does that have to do with anything?
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

UniversalCommons
Senator

Founded: Jan 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:34 pm

You know, miniaturized bongs are very good for you. They are much safer than regular cigarettes, there are less health effects. E-cigarettes manufacturers misrepresented the health effects of e-cigarettes. The ones that misrepresented themselves and committed fraud need to be put down. The other ones are fine.

Holdac
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Holdac » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:35 pm

Medwind wrote:

Yup, people are very ignorant about this subject. The truth is that these people are most likely vaping hard drugs, I doubt that it's even THC, it's probably SGT-25, or some form of spice/K-2. Hell, you can even vape meth! So people are punishing a law abiding, harmless industry that is trying to keep people from smoking a much more dangerous substance, all because a few people are abusing it by using stuff it's not meant for, from unsafe sources. It's along the lines of saying, "ban apples" sure, the majority of apple eaters are perfectly fine, but if they eat a ton of apple seeds they can die of cyanide poisoning!

vape is nicotine. kids are having nicotine. nicotine is bad and addictive. glad they banned it.

Medwind
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Medwind » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:35 pm

Cekoviu wrote:
Medwind wrote:Yeah, I get more disillusioned and disappointed by the month. Wcyd, better than Hillary tho.

Oh my god, why are Trump supporters still talking about Hillary? She's so fucking irrelevant.

Lol, my point was that I still prefer Trump over who was next in line for choices, despite being somewhat disappointed in the regime for a number of reasons, so it was *completely* relevant to my point, and I think I'll talk about WHOEVER I want too buddy, I don't need your input on that, thanks though!

Medwind
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Medwind » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:37 pm

Holdac wrote:
Medwind wrote:

vape is nicotine. kids are having nicotine. nicotine is bad and addictive. glad they banned it.

That's a very simplistic view of the situation, for one, if kids are currently getting vape products, they are doing so illegally, so banning flavors would have no effect, as they are already breaking the law, another law would be ineffective. I could go on, but I'm tired of NS for the day.

TLDR: Prohibition never works!
Last edited by Medwind on Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maaan
Civilian

Ex-Nation

Postby Maaan » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:41 pm

Medwind wrote:
Holdac wrote:

That's a very simplistic view of the situation, for one, if kids are currently getting vape products, they are doing so illegally, so banning flavors would have no effect, as they are already breaking the law, another law would be ineffective. I could go on, but I'm tired of NS for the day.

the flavors are addictive and meant for kids to get addicted to.

Grinning Dragon
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 16, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Grinning Dragon » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:46 pm

Holdac wrote:
Medwind wrote:

Not all juices contain nicotine, 0% is sold.
Eggplant, cauliflower, green tomato, green and black tea, peppers and capsicums and potato also contain nicotine.

Medwind
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Medwind » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:46 pm

Maaan wrote:
Medwind wrote:

the flavors are addictive and meant for kids to get addicted to.

*groans* No, the flavors are not addictive lol, where did you come up with this? Certainly not a scientific study. Is eating blueberries addictive to you? Lol smh. I'm very tired of NS today. NO They are NOT meant for kids to get addicted to! YOU CANNOT BUY THEM IF YOU ARE NOT OF AGE. They do NOT advertise to children. They do NOT advocate vaping if you are not already a smoker! Vaping is meant as an aid to stop smoking, for the most part. Damn, I'm very tired, and I'm worried I might say something I'll regret soon, think I'm on my last strike. Good bye. (don't @ me)

Holdac
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Holdac » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:50 pm

Medwind wrote:
Maaan wrote:the flavors are addictive and meant for kids to get addicted to.

*groans* No, the flavors are not addictive lol, where did you come up with this? Certainly not a scientific study. Is eating blueberries addictive to you? Lol smh. I'm very tired of NS today. NO They are NOT meant for kids to get addicted to! YOU CANNOT BUY THEM IF YOU ARE NOT OF AGE. They do NOT advertise to children. They do NOT advocate vaping if you are not already a smoker! Vaping is meant as an aid to stop smoking, for the most part. Damn, I'm very tired, and I'm worried I might say something I'll regret soon, think I'm on my last strike. Good bye. (don't @ me)

Okay, we leave e-juices alone. Now how do you solve kids vaping? also, you're telling me "blueberry blast" is supposed to be marketed towards adults? lol

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General