NATION

PASSWORD

SF declares NRA a terrorist organization

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Will the more moderate leftists ever awaken to the insidious, authoritarian group among them?

Yes, in time.
16%
No, they are too established in their views, and don't care enough.
39%
Unsure.
13%
No, because no one's trying to take away guns!
18%
Yes, and they will come around to agree with the far left in that guns should be banned!
14%

Total votes : 489

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:17 am

Czechoslovakia and Zakarpatia wrote:"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary." - Karl Marx himself.

The "left" doesn't want to seize the guns of Americans, whether communist or non communist, nor do they want to abolish the Second Amendment. Marxist theory specifically warns against such acts.

One of the few things Marx got right.

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:18 am

Num Vent wrote:
Evil Dictators Happyland wrote:They're usually hit hardest because they (on average) have lower income, but no.

Most poor people are black, even if white one have enough privelege to have some comformity

Whites living under shitty conditions are not priviliged.

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 02, 2018
Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:19 am

Num Vent wrote:
Evil Dictators Happyland wrote:They're usually hit hardest because they (on average) have lower income, but no.

Most poor people are black, even if white one have enough privelege to have some comformity

No race makes up a majority of America's poor, but whites are the largest group (due to being a majority of the population), but they are vastly underrepresented. Going by SNAP use, whites are ~60% of the population, but only ~25% of snap users. Blacks are 25% of SNAP users but only 13% of the population. Hispanics are 17% of SNAP users (and Hispanics are about 17% of the population). Other races make up the rest.

It's curious that despite the Hispanic population being larger, blacks still make up more SNAP cases (in absolute numbers).
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Czechoslovakia and Zakarpatia
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 13, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Czechoslovakia and Zakarpatia » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:19 am

LiberNovusAmericae wrote:
Czechoslovakia and Zakarpatia wrote:"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary." - Karl Marx himself.

The "left" doesn't want to seize the guns of Americans, whether communist or non communist, nor do they want to abolish the Second Amendment. Marxist theory specifically warns against such acts.

One of the few things Marx got right.

Indeed, because it's hard to start a revolution against a oppressive entity when the state suddenly confiscates your weaponry without any objective reason to do so.

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:20 am

Grand Britannia wrote:
Num Vent wrote:Most poor people are black, even if white one have enough privelege to have some comformity

Poor white people have privilege

Imagine unironically believing this.

He is racist against whites, and supported Mugabe's racist conduct towards them as well. Privilege is his excuse to hate.

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:23 am

Czechoslovakia and Zakarpatia wrote:
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:One of the few things Marx got right.

Indeed, because it's hard to start a revolution against a oppressive entity when the state suddenly confiscates your weaponry without any objective reason to do so.

Maybe the libertarian-right and libertarian-left should unite on this issue, at least on a temporary basis.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:25 am

Medwind wrote:San Francisco law makers have recently declared the NRA a terrorist organization, how far do you think the radical left will go to disarm Americans? What should be done about these fascistic policies that the new left is forcing upon us? Walmart is asking people not to follow their state law in states with open, or concealed carry, demanding that consumers stop bringing firearms into their stores, despite their complete failing to stop a mass shooting in one of their stores, and the fact that gun free zones are often targets for mass shooters. Many among the more moderate left continue to claim that the democrats aren't trying to disarm Americans, but when will they see that is exactly what the radical leftists want, and are pushing through, step by step at a time? Will they only see the truth when confiscation begins, or is their something we can do now to open their eyes to reality?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H1ZSnr9aZo

https://thewriterinblack.com/2017/05/17 ... ur-guns-2/

Hold up, how can a shooting happen in a gun free zone?
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

Evil Dictators Happyland
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Evil Dictators Happyland » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:25 am

Czechoslovakia and Zakarpatia wrote:Indeed, because it's hard to start a revolution against a oppressive entity when the state suddenly confiscates your weaponry without any objective reason to do so.

Maybe the libertarian-right and libertarian-left should unite on this issue, at least on a temporary basis.

Most of the libertarian left doesn't want to start a revolution.

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:28 am

Evil Dictators Happyland wrote:
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:Maybe the libertarian-right and libertarian-left should unite on this issue, at least on a temporary basis.

Most of the libertarian left doesn't want to start a revolution.

No, I'm taking about those who push for gun rights.

Nova Cyberia
Senator

Founded: May 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:31 am

A m e n r i a wrote:
Medwind wrote:San Francisco law makers have recently declared the NRA a terrorist organization, how far do you think the radical left will go to disarm Americans? What should be done about these fascistic policies that the new left is forcing upon us? Walmart is asking people not to follow their state law in states with open, or concealed carry, demanding that consumers stop bringing firearms into their stores, despite their complete failing to stop a mass shooting in one of their stores, and the fact that gun free zones are often targets for mass shooters. Many among the more moderate left continue to claim that the democrats aren't trying to disarm Americans, but when will they see that is exactly what the radical leftists want, and are pushing through, step by step at a time? Will they only see the truth when confiscation begins, or is their something we can do now to open their eyes to reality?

The signs didn't work, I guess.

Maybe they should have tried creating a gun-free area?
Yes, yes, I get it. I'm racist and fascist because I disagree with you. Can we skip that part? I've heard it a million times before and I guarantee it won't be any different when you do it
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

Grinning Dragon
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 16, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Grinning Dragon » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:36 am

A m e n r i a wrote:

Gun free zone = Advertisement that everyone is defenseless and and all you can shoot buffet.
After all 98% off all the mass shootings are done in GFZ.
Last edited by Grinning Dragon on Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Czechoslovakia and Zakarpatia
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 13, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Czechoslovakia and Zakarpatia » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:57 am

Evil Dictators Happyland wrote:Most of the libertarian left doesn't want to start a revolution.

No, I'm taking about those who push for gun rights.

Such as the Redneck Revolt group?

Grand Britannia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 15, 2012
Capitalizt

Postby Grand Britannia » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:00 am

Grinning Dragon wrote:
A m e n r i a wrote:

Gun free zone = Advertisement that everyone is defenseless and and all you can shoot buffet.
After all 98% off all the mass shootings are done in GFZ.

Bruh what if like.

We make the whole country a gun free zone and like.

Criminals can't legally buy guns and as we've all seen prohibition works.
ଘ( ˘ ᵕ˘)つ----x .*・。゚・ᵕ

Telconi
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:02 am

Judging by the number of various mutually antagonistic forma of leftist thought which exist, I don't think "Karl Marx wrote these words" is in any way definitive of all leftists.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Grand Britannia
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Grand Britannia » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:04 am

Left outrages at less than 1% of gun crime and ignores or simply doesn't care about the other 99%, which is overwhelmingly done with handguns, not "assault weapons".
Last edited by Grand Britannia on Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
ଘ( ˘ ᵕ˘)つ----x .*・。゚・ᵕ

Nova Cyberia
Senator

Founded: May 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:06 am

Grand Britannia wrote:Left outrages at less than 1% of gun crime and ignores or simply doesn't care about the other 99%, which is overwhelmingly done with handguns, not "assault weapons".

It's easy to get outraged at a white kid shooting up a school.

But hundreds of murders committed in Detroit or Chicago every year primarily by blacks? Well, you're racist and white supremacist if you notice that.
Yes, yes, I get it. I'm racist and fascist because I disagree with you. Can we skip that part? I've heard it a million times before and I guarantee it won't be any different when you do it
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

Grand Britannia
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Grand Britannia » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:08 am

Nova Cyberia wrote:
Grand Britannia wrote:Left outrages at less than 1% of gun crime and ignores or simply doesn't care about the other 99%, which is overwhelmingly done with handguns, not "assault weapons".

It's easy to get outraged at a white kid shooting up a school.

But hundreds of murders committed in Detroit or Chicago every year primarily by blacks? Well, you're racist and white supremacist if you notice that.

Which is why I find it hard to take their claims of being "worried" about gun crime serious when they don't even propose realistic solutions, just knee jerk reactions.
ଘ( ˘ ᵕ˘)つ----x .*・。゚・ᵕ

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:18 am

Washington Resistance Army wrote:Not shocking. I saw some polling the other day that a third of Dem leaning voters support criminalizing membership in the NRA.

The figure I saw was 18%, which is barely over the percentage that thinks violence is justified if they lose(higher in dems than gop voters, but not by much).
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Telconi
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:21 am

Diopolis wrote:
Washington Resistance Army wrote:Not shocking. I saw some polling the other day that a third of Dem leaning voters support criminalizing membership in the NRA.

The figure I saw was 18%, which is barely over the percentage that thinks violence is justified if they lose(higher in dems than gop voters, but not by much).

That's still a concerning number of people.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:24 am

Grand Britannia wrote:
Num Vent wrote:Most poor people are black, even if white one have enough privelege to have some comformity

Most poor Americans are white by the way so he wasn't even correct about his first point. Telling a poor white person they have privilege is like telling a kid with cancer about how their life is better than your shit existence
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:24 am

Telconi wrote:
Diopolis wrote:The figure I saw was 18%, which is barely over the percentage that thinks violence is justified if they lose(higher in dems than gop voters, but not by much).

Yeah I'm not liking that number
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:25 am

Telconi wrote:
Diopolis wrote:The figure I saw was 18%, which is barely over the percentage that thinks violence is justified if they lose(higher in dems than gop voters, but not by much).

Yes, but 20% higher than the number of people who support a violent political solution to non-firearms issues is a totally different ballpark than that.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Telconi
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:26 am

Rojava Free State wrote:
Grand Britannia wrote:

Most poor Americans are white by the way so he wasn't even correct about his first point. Telling a poor white person they have privilege is like telling a kid with cancer about how their life is better than your shit existence

Dude, the fucking language barrier is the very opposite of privilege.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

-Ocelot-
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby -Ocelot- » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:27 am

Redternetia wrote:The "Far Left" doesn't want to take away guns. As a "far-leftist" myself, I advocate for arming all working people. San Francisco isn't a leftwing city of any sort. It's an American capitalist city, just like any other American city like Columbus, NYC, or Carson, except SF has a lot more gentrification going on (you know, what literally pushes poor people out of the city).

Has any communist government ever allowed its people to own guns? If not, what were the punishments for people with illegally bought guns?

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:29 am

-Ocelot- wrote:
Redternetia wrote:The "Far Left" doesn't want to take away guns. As a "far-leftist" myself, I advocate for arming all working people. San Francisco isn't a leftwing city of any sort. It's an American capitalist city, just like any other American city like Columbus, NYC, or Carson, except SF has a lot more gentrification going on (you know, what literally pushes poor people out of the city).

Has any communist government ever allowed its people to own guns? If not, what were the punishments for people with illegally bought guns?

Most authoritarian governments don't allow guns. It isn't because they're left wing, it's because they don't want to be overthrown for being shit leaders

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General