NATION

PASSWORD

A Tombstone

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:26 pm

V A N Q U A R I A wrote:
Kubra wrote: Sure they look good but that's it, and you wanna know what looks better? Going up a few pounds on the bench. That *feels* better, man.

I think we're different people when it comes to working out then. I dont care about functionality, Im more about aesthetics. Natural aesthetics ofc. Maybe when Im a more mature adult then Ill realize functionality is more important than aesthetics but right now Im too horny to give a shit.

I exercise because I dont want to die. The better physical shape you are in, the longer you last.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:41 pm

V A N Q U A R I A wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:I've lost almost 50lbs this past year with minimal exercise. Here I thought dieting was the hard part.

Dieting is hard for me but thats prob Im an ecto-meso so I always want to gain healthy weight

i just cut down from a fuck ton of food to 2 meals and a snack. when i get a long term job it will be 3 meals and maybe like a measly morsel snack.
The first week is murder. The hunger pains are brutal. I need to get down to about 215 before im happy. Too bad there's no gym nearby because its too fuckin hot to exercise in florida.
Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

Kubra
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 15, 2006
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kubra » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:43 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
V A N Q U A R I A wrote:
Dieting is hard for me but thats prob Im an ecto-meso so I always want to gain healthy weight

i just cut down from a fuck ton of food to 2 meals and a snack. when i get a long term job it will be 3 meals and maybe like a measly morsel snack.
The first week is murder. The hunger pains are brutal. I need to get down to about 215 before im happy. Too bad there's no gym nearby because its too fuckin hot to exercise in florida.
Man i was in the philippines looking at them open air boxing gyms with their rusted ass bars and thinking "man you gotta be hard to work out there, but damn I ain't hard"
“Atomic war is inevitable. It will destroy half of humanity: it is going to destroy immense human riches. It is very possible. The atomic war is going to provoke a true inferno on Earth. But it will not impede Communism.”
Comrade J. Posadas

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:45 pm

Kubra wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:i just cut down from a fuck ton of food to 2 meals and a snack. when i get a long term job it will be 3 meals and maybe like a measly morsel snack.
Man i was in the philippines looking at them open air boxing gyms with their rusted ass bars and thinking "man you gotta be hard to work out there, but damn I ain't hard"

I miss boxing. Best exercise in the world but it kills your gut and forearms.
Anarchist

Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:05 pm

V A N Q U A R I A wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:I miss boxing. Best exercise in the world but it kills your gut and forearms.

I spar boxing/grappling with my irl friendship group only cos peer pressure. I dont like getting hit on the face :( But i gotta be a man

It ain't about being a man. Throw that helmet on, use amateur gloves and dont let your neck get flung around. Unless your friends are assholes who target the nose you have no risk of injury aside from light swelling and bruises. I trained my torso's blunt tolerance and turtled my head. They wasted a lot of energy on that and with my deadly overhand hook i could knock a heavyweight out.
Anarchist

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:14 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:I've lost almost 50lbs this past year with minimal exercise. Here I thought dieting was the hard part.

Same here. Although I was never ''fat''.
What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive? Or if during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand? The Organs would quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Nolo gap
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Nolo gap » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:16 pm

fitness is how sustainably a species co-exists with others in its environment. has nothing to do with all this mussle bound charles atlas crap.

health is the sustainability of your internal ecosystem. has nothing to do with aesthetic perceptions of your peers.

you want health? eat diversely, avoid overdoing anything that overdoing has proven statistically carcenogenic.
(of course unfortunately that's kind of almost everything, but that's why diversity, so you can avoid over doing any one thing)

and you don't need a gym or to work up a sweat, just walk to the bus stop, or better yet, all the way to the store or to work, if either are close enough it won't take half your day to do so, instead of parking your ass in a car every time you need or choose to leave the house.
(if its relatively level land between them, consider getting bike and riding it)

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:20 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
V A N Q U A R I A wrote:
I spar boxing/grappling with my irl friendship group only cos peer pressure. I dont like getting hit on the face :( But i gotta be a man

It ain't about being a man. Throw that helmet on, use amateur gloves and dont let your neck get flung around. Unless your friends are assholes who target the nose you have no risk of injury aside from light swelling and bruises. I trained my torso's blunt tolerance and turtled my head. They wasted a lot of energy on that and with my deadly overhand hook i could knock a heavyweight out.

Damn right. It's about fucking people up....I was a wee bit problematic in my youth....and early adult years.
Last edited by Chernoslavia on Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive? Or if during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand? The Organs would quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Kubra
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 15, 2006
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kubra » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:25 pm

Nolo gap wrote:fitness is how sustainably a species co-exists with others in its environment. has nothing to do with all this mussle bound charles atlas crap.

health is the sustainability of your internal ecosystem. has nothing to do with aesthetic perceptions of your peers.

you want health? eat diversely, avoid overdoing anything that overdoing has proven statistically carcenogenic.
(of course unfortunately that's kind of almost everything, but that's why diversity, so you can avoid over doing any one thing)

and you don't need a gym or to work up a sweat, just walk to the bus stop, or better yet, all the way to the store or to work, if either are close enough it won't take half your day to do so, instead of parking your ass in a car every time you need or choose to leave the house.
(if its relatively level land between them, consider getting bike and riding it)
yeah but I mean you wanna get swole gotta work steel
“Atomic war is inevitable. It will destroy half of humanity: it is going to destroy immense human riches. It is very possible. The atomic war is going to provoke a true inferno on Earth. But it will not impede Communism.”
Comrade J. Posadas

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:26 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:

Same here. Although I was never ''fat''.

I topped out at about 290 but i didn't look 80+lbs over weight. More like 40. Still have to drop the last 30-35lbs and get rid of this abomination of a double chin. If i had the motivation to do training I'd go for power lifter. Screw body building.
Anarchist

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:26 pm

-Ocelot- wrote:How do you people achieve 6-pack? Do you exclusively eat eggs and tomatoes or something? I can't do it.

I ate more meat than I ever did in my life, also Stomach crunches, rucksacking, weight lifting.

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:28 pm

V A N Q U A R I A wrote:Just got harassed by 2 pitbulls while walking home. Wouldnt really say they attacked me because I hit at them before they could touch me. Was about to just run away, obv, but they are faster cunts than me even though I consider myself fast for a human. So I just stood my ground and attacked them back until they ran away. No one that saw it happen gave shit. This is the ozzie life. 8)

....The fuck? I've had aggressive dogs come near me, but I've never had to like, well, attack back? Jesus mate.

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:10 am

Major-Tom wrote:
V A N Q U A R I A wrote:Just got harassed by 2 pitbulls while walking home. Wouldnt really say they attacked me because I hit at them before they could touch me. Was about to just run away, obv, but they are faster cunts than me even though I consider myself fast for a human. So I just stood my ground and attacked them back until they ran away. No one that saw it happen gave shit. This is the ozzie life. 8)

....The fuck? I've had aggressive dogs come near me, but I've never had to like, well, attack back? Jesus mate.

And? Some people have been attacked by dogs until they shot them, what’s your point?

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:25 am

Chernoslavia wrote:
Major-Tom wrote:

And? Some people have been attacked by dogs until they shot them, what’s your point?

Point is that’s terrifying, I’d never want to go head to head with some pit bulls.

Thepeopl
Minister

Founded: Feb 24, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Thepeopl » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:58 am

V A N Q U A R I A wrote:
Ride horses? I prefer anthro ponies 8)

Anthro Ponies are cool, kinda like spanc more tho.
(Space Pirate Amazon Ninja Catgirls)

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:00 am

Major-Tom wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:

Point is that’s terrifying, I’d never want to go head to head with some pit bulls.

Yeah my mistake, read your post in a different context.

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:13 am

V A N Q U A R I A wrote:Haven't been able to go the gym recently so I've substituted the archetypal iron for stuff like my heavy schoolbag, calisthenics, lifting the washing powder carton, etc.

Is there anyone else who uses unconventional weights? It might look silly but your body doesn't discriminate 8)

Sometimes I will load a backpack when hiking. Taking much more water than needed, for example

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:26 am

V A N Q U A R I A wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:Sometimes I will load a backpack when hiking. Taking much more water than needed, for example

Hiking is deceptively strenuous. And dangerous. When I was hiking in the mountains for my senior PE camp, I slipped off a cliff cos I was doing something stupid and almost killed myself if it wasn't for last minute grabbing a protruding tree branch.

But if I have the chance, I'll def go hiking again. Too bad I live in an urban area.

I am in nyc, within30 miles outside the city are some lovely mountain trails.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:26 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
V A N Q U A R I A wrote:Haven't been able to go the gym recently so I've substituted the archetypal iron for stuff like my heavy schoolbag, calisthenics, lifting the washing powder carton, etc.

Is there anyone else who uses unconventional weights? It might look silly but your body doesn't discriminate 8)

Sometimes I will load a backpack when hiking. Taking much more water than needed, for example

Still better than the opposite, not bringing enough water.
The Blaatschapen should resign

-Ocelot-
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby -Ocelot- » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:47 am

What constitutes an unconventional weight?

I wouldn't go anywhere near pitbulls. My neighbor has a half breed that probably weighs more than I do. One day, his son took her for a walk and she attacked and mauled a smaller dog like it was nothing. Went right for the neck and stayed there. You are lucky they didn't attack you. Fitness doesn't play a role, a pitbull should be able to outrun you.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General