NATION

PASSWORD

What do you look for in a "romantic" relationship

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:48 pm

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Heloin wrote:I don't think you being introverted is the personality flaw people disagree with.

I don't think introversion is a personality flaw.

That's one of the clues that lead me to this conclusion.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:48 pm

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Heloin wrote:I don't think you being introverted is the personality flaw people disagree with.

I don't think introversion is a personality flaw.

It isn't, but I agree with Heloin here. The issue with him is not introversion, but rather his ideas and stances.

Honestly Saiwania, have you considered finding a mate at a white supremacy rally or something?
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:32 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:It isn't, but I agree with Heloin here. The issue with him is not introversion, but rather his ideas and stances. Honestly Saiwania, have you considered finding a mate at a white supremacy rally or something?

You're trying to insist that I'm not Liberal enough and I swear, people miss the mark here. No one knows of my politics in real life. This is supposed to be a website where I can reveal my true opinions and self. How I conduct myself in real life is markedly different from here.

Heavy introversion is a flaw, if you don't take enough initiative to start and navigate a conversation with enough grace. I'm not anti-social so much as asocial. I avoid rather than confront, when being willing to confront to some extent; is more advantageous in getting people to respect you.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:08 pm

Saiwania wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:It isn't, but I agree with Heloin here. The issue with him is not introversion, but rather his ideas and stances. Honestly Saiwania, have you considered finding a mate at a white supremacy rally or something?

You're trying to insist that I'm not Liberal enough and I swear, people miss the mark here. No one knows of my politics in real life. This is supposed to be a website where I can reveal my true opinions and self. How I conduct myself in real life is markedly different from here.

Heavy introversion is a flaw, if you don't take enough initiative to start and navigate a conversation with enough grace. I'm not anti-social so much as asocial. I avoid rather than confront, when being willing to confront to some extent; is more advantageous in getting people to respect you.

So you’re just role playing. Got it. That won’t aid in finding a partner either.
Slava Ukraini
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:18 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:So you’re just role playing. Got it. That won’t aid in finding a partner either.

I'm not roleplaying. Out of necessity, I don't let this account be connected to my real name. If out in public, I'm a certain way so that I make the fewest enemies and suffer the least professionally as is possible. I consider the views expressed here as my true opinions and ideology that I wouldn't be allowed to express in real life without consequence.
Last edited by Saiwania on Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:22 pm

Saiwania wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:So you’re just role playing. Got it. That won’t aid in finding a partner either.

I'm not roleplaying. Out of necessity, I don't let this account be connected to my real name. If out in public, I'm a certain way so that I make the fewest enemies and suffer the least professionally as is possible.

I invite, once again, to examine your stances and you’ll more than likely see, maybe, why finding a partner is hard in your case. I’m introverted, strange to some, I’m sure, to the point I have to be forced out of the house so things don’t escalate with my mental health, and I managed to be in relationships. The introversion is not the problem. Or at least, it’s not the sole determining factor for your inability to find a partner.

I’ve read the way you talk about women. That alone would turn off most ladies from giving you a chance.
Slava Ukraini

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:26 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Saiwania wrote:
I'm not roleplaying. Out of necessity, I don't let this account be connected to my real name. If out in public, I'm a certain way so that I make the fewest enemies and suffer the least professionally as is possible.

I invite, once again, to examine your stances and you’ll more than likely see, maybe, why finding a partner is hard in your case. I’m introverted, strange to some, I’m sure, to the point I have to be forced out of the house so things don’t escalate with my mental health, and I managed to be in relationships. The introversion is not the problem. Or at least, it’s not the sole determining factor for your inability to find a partner.

I’ve read the way you talk about women. That alone would turn off most ladies from giving you a chance.

That came as a shock to me. You could probably get 96% of men if you wanted to and the only reason you can't get 100% is cause 3% are gay (not that there's anything wrong with that) and 1% are blind.

Then again, introversion isn't something anybody can just turn off, nor is it some one dimensional behavior based on any one life event. I was an introvert as a kid and forced myself to become more social and thanks to that, I'm now up to my neck in idiots and out of my wits.

And sai, you really ought to listen to this advice. If women tell you they aren't into what you claim women are into, you may need to go back to the drawing board.
Last edited by Rojava Free State on Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:30 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:I’ve read the way you talk about women. That alone would turn off most ladies from giving you a chance.

There exist plenty of women who hate other women, or at least those who want a more traditional man and don't mind what is usually dismissed by the media as "toxic masculinity" and aren't into Liberalism or Feminist hogwash.
Sith Acolyte

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:31 pm

Saiwania wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Why don’t you uhhhh go post this on Match or something, instead of on an online political forum. Shoot, this sounds more like a post from the sketchy side of Craigslist than anything. Either way, nobody on NS exists to affirm or to enable your burning desire to get a poor, foreign, middle-aged baby-momma.

The other person I likely won't care about. Its whatever that can feed my craving for more power or control that I'm after, just as other people have wanted to boss me around for too long. Once I can't get more from someone, I'm ready to ditch them for another that has more prospects for that. It's possible I could be won over I suppose, but I don't know what anyone would have to do to for that to ever happen.

Almost middle aged is more accurate. A woman who is post menopause or is barren is likely of no use to me. If they're too young though (but past 18 of course), they have too many options to where they don't have to resort to someone like me if they're more desperate or thirsty for a man.

Uh no offense but shit like this is not a healthy idea of a relationship. Relationships should be built on the foundation of mutual trust and care for each other. Not this abusive idea of controlling and using the other person for your own gain and then ditching them once they can't help you any longer.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:36 pm

Saiwania wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:I’ve read the way you talk about women. That alone would turn off most ladies from giving you a chance.

There exist plenty of women who hate other women, or at least those who want a more traditional man and don't mind what is usually dismissed by the media as "toxic masculinity" and aren't into Liberalism or Feminist hogwash.

In my family, using and abusing a woman is frowned upon, and I come from a very traditional family. you don't need to be a third wave, colorful haired pink march social justice warrior to think something is really wrong with a person who thinks women want to be abused and treated like dogshit. I'm sure there's some weird women out there who are like that, but most arent, and in their attempt to not be a cuck, many men in modern America overcorrected and became savage beasts.

My uncle Charlie (may he rest in piece) had a daughter who was with this violent asshole that kept beating on her. This was back in the 1960s and back then, family was tighter than it is now. When Charlie found out what this guy was doing, he drove several hours from Rochester to Buffalo New York and proceeded to do to this guy what Rocky did to Ivan Drago. He and charlie's daughter separated after that, which was for the better. At day's end, people don't like a bully. It's good to be assertive and proud and confident, but don't let your confidence morph into arrogance or manipulativeness
Last edited by Rojava Free State on Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:41 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

That came as a shock to me. You could probably get 96% of men if you wanted to and the only reason you can't get 100% is cause 3% are gay (not that there's anything wrong with that) and 1% are blind.

Then again, introversion isn't something anybody can just turn off, nor is it some one dimensional behavior based on any one life event. I was an introvert as a kid and forced myself to become more social and thanks to that, I'm now up to my neck in idiots and out of my wits.

And sai, you really ought to listen to this advice. If women tell you they aren't into what you claim women are into, you may need to go back to the drawing board.

Therapy has done wonders for me, to be sure, but no. I’m not a social butterfly. I can’t even go to the movies regularly, or a concert. I prefer a book and be in my room to a party or gathering. I live inside my head a lot. But that’s me, and I know I have to work on it. Thankfully I have a husband who’s an oddball like me so, balance. :]

Introversion doesn’t preclude an inability to be with someone. Extroversion doesn’t guarantee you a partner either.
Slava Ukraini

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:43 pm

"A girl, I guess."

Nah but just a nice person, who fits my appraisal standards of attractiveness. Those standards have crashed through the floor lately.

We're going from "Courting of 1820" to "Fuck anything that moves and is human 2020"
Last edited by The South Falls on Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:45 pm

Saiwania wrote:

You don’t have to subscribe to any movement to see when a behavior is gong to be detrimental to you.
Slava Ukraini

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:47 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

Therapy has done wonders for me, to be sure, but no. I’m not a social butterfly. I can’t even go to the movies regularly, or a concert. I prefer a book and be in my room to a party or gathering. I live inside my head a lot. But that’s me, and I know I have to work on it. Thankfully I have a husband who’s an oddball like me so, balance. :]

Introversion doesn’t preclude an inability to be with someone. Extroversion doesn’t guarantee you a partner either.

I'm that guy who you might see at a nightclub or party but who has a distance in their eyes. I physically can be around lots of people but I always feel weird or isolated from them, like I don't fit in. That's why the hookah lounge is my usual hangout, because I can be out in public with friends but not talk to too many folks beyond the six magic words you gotta know if you wanna hang at the lounge all night. "Can you bring some new coals?" I think too much for my peers, and while I have a couple like minded friends including people even smarter than myself, I just don't share the same point of view as most of my inner circle. They wanna drink and smoke while I wanna talk about philosophy or history. I guess not every one is a definite introvert or extrovert, but it's good to defy labels

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:49 pm

The South Falls wrote:"A girl, I guess."

Nah but just a nice person, who fits my appraisal standards of attractiveness. Those standards have crashed through the floor lately.

We're going from "Courting of 1820" to "Fuck anything that moves and is human 2020"

You sure about that? I think your standards might be a little too high.

There, I made the standards joke, now no one else can make it.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:56 pm

New haven america wrote:
The South Falls wrote:"A girl, I guess."

You sure about that? I think your standards might be a little too high.

Yea...

Nah but for some reason I'm pretty tall and into short girls... oof
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:57 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:Introversion doesn’t preclude an inability to be with someone. Extroversion doesn’t guarantee you a partner either.

It doesn't, but your odds are flat out far better, if you're extroverted enough as opposed to introverted. The prevailing culture of the US is most definitely extroverted. It isn't just in the realm of romance, it helps you be a good salesperson, salary negotiator, you name it- if you can pull off a conversation without flaw with someone you just met or are only loosely associated with.

In the majority of all interactions, it is up to a man to do all the logistical work of courtship. Men usually do all the approaching of women, flirting, and so forth. Women have the more passive role where they put themselves out there and look presentable enough to be approached for conversation or whatever. That is simply how it has always been, although maybe radical Feminism will screw up this dynamic enough to where more women have to make the first move.

After all, because of #MeToo movement and so on, fewer men are willing to take a risk than in the past, out of fear of being labeled a sexual harasser or whatever.

But if no one hits on you because you're unapproachable by default, you're unappealing or whatever- you usually accomplish far more in deciding to take action yourself so far as initiative. Actually put in the work to become more appealing and take a risk yourself in being the first to approach someone you're interested in.

If you're rejected, it is usually easy enough to move on to the next person if you're used to the process and you don't get disappointed easily. If you can easily rebound from set backs that are normal.

Or just keep being invisible and just keep doing what doesn't work.
Sith Acolyte

Nantoraka
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 19, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nantoraka » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:57 pm

For God's sakes, everyone here should stay away from girls daddy issues or nymphomania. Trust me on this.

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:59 pm

The South Falls wrote:
New haven america wrote:You sure about that? I think your standards might be a little too high.

Yea...

... That's not a problem, most women in general are into tall guys.

Your chances are actually higher than average if that's the case.
Last edited by New haven america on Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:13 pm

New haven america wrote:
The South Falls wrote:Yea...

... That's not a problem, most women in general are into tall guys.

Your chances are actually higher than average if that's the case.

Only issue is I'm like a 4.6/10 at best.

Don't worry tho, I'm doing my pushups in the shower.

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:52 pm

Heloin wrote:
Saiwania wrote:
There is no way I could go for a Feminist because chances are, such a woman could take too much control and run circles around me. I can't go for a lady that is beating me at my own game. If you're of Omega status in terms of sexual marketplace value, you have to go for the lower hanging fruit that nobody else wants either.

Nothing wrong with my looks, it is mainly all personality for me. Am too slanted towards introversion and it takes real effort for me to put on a persona for extroversion. But you do improve your game overtime if you play the game enough to begin with and don't care about rejection or a bad reputation. When I think about it, I'm not in good standing to begin with. That is why I'm not yet Alpha or at least Beta in status.

I don't think you being introverted is the personality flaw people disagree with.

Of course it is; everybody otherwise loves manipulative racists!
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:54 pm

Not being Sai.

Seriously, basically anyone who has read most of the same books I have and isn't a white nationalist.
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:57 pm

Geneviev wrote:Not being Sai.

Seriously, basically anyone who has read most of the same books I have and isn't a white nationalist.

What are those?

Books is a good thing tough.

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:58 pm

South Central South Park wrote:She has to have a vajayjay, or a feminine benis, and also be a epic gamer girl

Serious question, are you 12?
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

New Tussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 02, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Tussia » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:59 pm

Someone I feel like I can talk to and trust.
Moderately attractive (but we all have our own definition of attractive.)
Funny, selfless, and they like to go out a lot (not partying but just like movies, park, small group events.)
Isn't a liberal.
Have I been here long enough to be considered an NS elder yet or no?
Fairly conservative, Orthodox Catechumen, Tussia does not represent all of my political beliefs.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General