NATION

PASSWORD

What do you look for in a "romantic" relationship

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:37 pm

Bear Stearns wrote:
New haven america wrote:So you want a fuckbuddy who does your taxes for you?

No, I handle my own business already pretty well. I want a fuckbuddy to manage my social life (organize the parties, the gatherings, the vacations, the clubs, etc.) and also be a suitable mother of my future children (forgot to include that part).

"Fuckbuddies" grow old. At a certain point, I've found that I've grown tired of a "friends with benefits" scenario either because whatever passion is there dwindles, or because someone develops feeling for the other. Never ends well. Never.

Thepeopl
Minister

Founded: Feb 24, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Thepeopl » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:10 am

Rojava Free State wrote:A major deal breaker for me is if you like alfredo sauce. That's a big turn off, and I don't mean for you.I mean if you serve me pasta but there's alfredo sauce on it, it'll turn off my appetite and also my will to live

I kind of like my Alfredo Sauce with spinach, smoked salmon and roasted pine nuts..
Don't you like the creaminess or the garlic?

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:14 am

Major-Tom wrote:
Bear Stearns wrote:
No, I handle my own business already pretty well. I want a fuckbuddy to manage my social life (organize the parties, the gatherings, the vacations, the clubs, etc.) and also be a suitable mother of my future children (forgot to include that part).

"Fuckbuddies" grow old. At a certain point, I've found that I've grown tired of a "friends with benefits" scenario either because whatever passion is there dwindles, or because someone develops feeling for the other. Never ends well. Never.

Theres a time for everything.

Sapporo Hyperspace Riftgate Laboratory
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 03, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sapporo Hyperspace Riftgate Laboratory » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:17 am

Drongonia wrote:Someone who was stupid enough to think I was worth it

Not as stupid as people who want me.
TEMPORARILY USING NSTATS DUE TO LACK OF FACTBOOKS, BUT I'M JUDGING YOU (F7ERS) BY YOUR FACTBOOKS.
<< TERRAN INTERSTELLAR ADMINISTRATION >>
Adminyztrasyn Vilstityr Rasyn

THEMES: Peace | Tension | War | Victory | Defeat | National Anthem
NATIONAL Q&A
"For a vast majority of its existence, mankind dreamed to reach the stars. Yet today, reaching the stars is made a reality through joint endeavor."
- Operations Director of the T.I.A., Hilbert Lachlan Silverwell

Thepeopl
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Thepeopl » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:22 am

Bear Stearns wrote:
Drongonia wrote:
Interesting. So essentially a partner who will manage your social life and bear your kids. It was mentioned earlier but yeah that's a pretty "practical" way to look at it. It sounds like it has the potential to become a loveless relationship too if one of her main purposes to you is just managing your social life.

I am okay with that. I don't intend to marry for love, but for children and social stability.

However, having this partner be someone I get along with and am intimate with would make this easier and decrease our likelihood of divorce.

Divorces happen because both partners grow apart, they forgot to keep working on their relationship.
Taking eachother for granted, spending too much time on work, friends, not communicating their appreciation,
Forgetting to tell their own wishes or forgetting to listen to the wishes of the other. If you are not heard in your relationship, you can get very lonely and depressed.

If you don't want a divorce, keep "courting " your partner.

Thepeopl
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Thepeopl » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:27 am

Sapporo Hyperspace Riftgate Laboratory wrote:

Not as stupid as people who want me.

Why wouldn't they want you?

If you don't like yourself, maybe you want to work on that before you "hookup" with someone else.
It is very difficult to feel loved/ wanted when you don't like yourself. It can really undermine the relationship.

Pan-Asiatic States
Senator

Founded: Nov 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Pan-Asiatic States » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:29 am

Chinese descent.
NEWS (12/24) (All)
Last Action (12/18)
Trade with us!
{_{__}_}
(☉_(✹‿✹)_⚆)

PAN-ASIATIC STATES
RPs I'm In: (1) (2) (3) (4)
Puppet(s): Hintuwan
NO-ONE FIGHTS ALONE! JOIN ESCB  TWI  ISC  ISVC TODAY!

Thepeopl
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Thepeopl » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:30 am

Pan-Asiatic States wrote:Chinese descent.

Do they have to live in China as well?
And a specific Chinese tribe?
Last edited by Thepeopl on Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Neanderthaland
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:32 am

You may want to be a tad more discerning than that...
Ug make fire. Mod ban Ug.

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:33 am

Nakena wrote:
New haven america wrote:So... The Keshiland approach to relationships?

Whats the Keshiland approach?

Keshi was a user who mostly hung out around abortion threads screaming at people about how anyone who supports it supports killing babies. (And wanted abortion clinics/hospitals to play loops of babies crying and children begging "Please don't kill me" in the waiting rooms)

Well, anyway, at a certain point he kinda turned the main abortion thread into his relationship advice thread, and he unapologetically believed that the best relationship was one where the husband does everything and the wife is a powerless broodmare trapped in a loveless marriage who only exits to raise the beloved children he would have with them, and that if she ever got uppity about being in a loveless marriage where her opinion or beliefs weren't respected, then he'd divorce her on the spot and make it so he legally gets everything she owns (She wouldn't even get to sleep in a cardboard box on the side of the road)and she'd never get to see the children ever again.

Basically, him saying he would only marry to have a live in secretary and kids is worryingly similar.
Last edited by New haven america on Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Pan-Asiatic States
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pan-Asiatic States » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:35 am

Thepeopl wrote:

Do they have to live in China as well?

Chinitas (ethnic Han Chinese-Filipinos who trace their roots to the Chinese who arrived before the Spanish colonization of the Philippines) are based af.

That said, it's more of just because they're generally more well-mannered and feminine than other races (not all, but generally in my perception).
NEWS (12/24) (All)
Last Action (12/18)
Trade with us!
{_{__}_}
(☉_(✹‿✹)_⚆)

PAN-ASIATIC STATES

Pan-Asiatic States
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pan-Asiatic States » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:35 am

Sidenote, my current gf is a Chinita.
NEWS (12/24) (All)
Last Action (12/18)
Trade with us!
{_{__}_}
(☉_(✹‿✹)_⚆)

PAN-ASIATIC STATES

Nakena
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:38 am

New haven america wrote:Keshi was a user who mostly hung out around abortion threads screaming at people about how anyone who supports it supports killing babies.

Well, anyway, at a certain point he kinda turned the main abortion thread into his relationship advice thread, and he unapologetically believed that the best relationship was one where the husband does everything and the wife is a powerless broodmare trapped in a loveless marriage who only exits to raise the beloved children he would have with them, and that if she ever got uppity about being in a loveless marriage where her opinion or beliefs weren't respected, then he'd divorce her on the spot and make it so he legally gets everything she owns (She wouldn't even get to sleep in a cardboard box on the side of the road)and she'd never get to see the children ever again.

Ouch. That is an rather nasty approach indeed. And not very romantic at all, in fact the opposite thereof.

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:38 am

Pan-Asiatic States wrote:
Thepeopl wrote:Do they have to live in China as well?

Chinitas (ethnic Han Chinese-Filipinos who trace their roots to the Chinese who arrived before the Spanish colonization of the Philippines) are based af.

That said, it's more of just because they're generally more well-mannered and feminine than other races (not all, but generally in my perception).

Race fetishization ain't cool my dude, and actually makes you less likely to get an Asian gf in the West.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Pan-Asiatic States
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pan-Asiatic States » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:43 am

New haven america wrote:

Race fetishization ain't cool my dude, and actually makes you less likely to get an Asian gf in the West.

I mean, it's not exactly that I'm dehumanizing other races, it's just a personal preference and nor am I saying they're all precisely like that.
NEWS (12/24) (All)
Last Action (12/18)
Trade with us!
{_{__}_}
(☉_(✹‿✹)_⚆)

PAN-ASIATIC STATES

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:43 am

Nakena wrote:
New haven america wrote:Keshi was a user who mostly hung out around abortion threads screaming at people about how anyone who supports it supports killing babies.

Ouch. That is an rather nasty approach indeed. And not very romantic at all, in fact the opposite thereof.

Well, the thing about Keshi is that he didn't care about romance, all he cared about was having biological children who would have a mother to support them, because he really loved kids to a seemingly unhealthy degree. (Like he wanted abortion clinics/hospitals to play loops of babies crying and kids begging "Please don't kill me" or "Why mommy, why are you doing this?" in their waiting rooms)

But this isn't the Keshiland thread, so eh, only reason I brought it up was because Bear's desires are interestingly similar.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Pan-Asiatic States
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pan-Asiatic States » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:43 am

Also, on that note, Westernized Asians and emigre are a turn-off.
NEWS (12/24) (All)
Last Action (12/18)
Trade with us!
{_{__}_}
(☉_(✹‿✹)_⚆)

PAN-ASIATIC STATES

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:45 am

New haven america wrote:Race fetishization ain't cool my dude, and actually makes you less likely to get an Asian gf in the West.

I mean, it's not exactly that I'm dehumanizing other races, it's just a personal preference and nor am I saying they're all precisely like that.

Yes it is, you're claiming that Asian chicks are inherently more well mannered (Read: Submissive) and feminine then non-Asian women are. And then you also post that Western Asian women are a turn off.

If that ain't race fetishization then I'm then I'm the Queen of England.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:47 am

Saiwania wrote:I think I purposely want to pursue a woman who's almost a spinster. Someone who is desperate for a baby but just can't get a man to go for them for reasons. Maybe it is their personality, maybe it is that they're just plain unlucky, ugly, or whatever else. Point being, I find I love the leverage I could possibly wield in that situation. When I felt the power, that was when I felt most alive.

I of course, can't go for a whale, but a lady that isn't in too bad of shape and is otherwise not in any position to make demands from being too old almost, I want to exploit that so bad. Most women unfortunately, have options on how to get pregnant. But there are a few that're imcompetent just enough, to still need a man.

What is where I'd come in. I want to string her along and I'll say- "sure, I could try my hand at getting you pregnant. But in exchange for helping to get what you want- you've gotta try getting me what I want." Its brilliant, if I can figure out how to ensure that I can't be gone after for anything like child support.

Why don’t you uhhhh go post this on Match or something, instead of on an online political forum. Shoot, this sounds more like a post from the sketchy side of Craigslist than anything. Either way, nobody on NS exists to affirm or to enable your burning desire to get a poor, foreign, middle-aged baby-momma.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Nakena
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:47 am

New haven america wrote:
Nakena wrote:

Well, the thing about Keshi is that he didn't care about romance, all he cared about was having biological children who would have a mother to support them, because he really loved kids to a seemingly unhealthy degree. (Like he wanted abortion clinics/hospitals to play loops of babies crying and kids begging "Please don't kill me" or "Why mommy, why are you doing this?" in their waiting rooms)

But this isn't the Keshiland thread, so eh, only reason I brought it up was because Bear's desires are interestingly similar.

Well theres elective coparenting.

Pan-Asiatic States wrote:Also, on that note, Westernized Asians and emigre are a turn-off.

What makes them turn-offs?

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014

Postby Luminesa » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:50 am

:( Don’t be so down on yourself! You are worth being loved. :hug:
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:52 am

Nakena wrote:
New haven america wrote:Well, the thing about Keshi is that he didn't care about romance, all he cared about was having biological children who would have a mother to support them, because he really loved kids to a seemingly unhealthy degree. (Like he wanted abortion clinics/hospitals to play loops of babies crying and kids begging "Please don't kill me" or "Why mommy, why are you doing this?" in their waiting rooms)

Pan-Asiatic States wrote:Also, on that note, Westernized Asians and emigre are a turn-off.

No no, the parents had to be married.

Part of that parenting ideal was that the children grew up in a traditional nuclear family.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Nakena
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:54 am

New haven america wrote:
Nakena wrote:

No no, the parents had to be married.

Part of that parenting ideal was that the children grew up in a traditional nuclear family.

Which is also sort of an romantic ideal in itself.

I find the idea of elective coparenting (with or without marriage) to be interesting though.
Last edited by Nakena on Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:14 am

New haven america wrote:

It can work if you genuinely love the person. And what proof do you have that people with an affinity to a type of race less likely to get a gf of that particular race?
Last edited by Chernoslavia on Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive? Or if during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand? The Organs would quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015

Postby USS Monitor » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:54 am

I think it would be really cool to date someone that is not addicted to TV and does not try to make everything sexual 24/7.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General