NATION

PASSWORD

Hypothetical: A Crippled Annie

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Would you take the deal?

No (please explain)
17%
Yes (I would feel no resentment, this is 100% a gain overall and the King is really doing me a favor)
30%
Yes (I would feel little bit of resentment, I am gaining more than I'm losing so I won't feel TOO resentful, but its still a bit patronizing)
24%
Yes (I would feel moderate resentment, I am human and I cannot help it, this is exploitation)
9%
Yes (I would feel a lot of resentment, I 100% hate the fact that I have to do this, those smug royals, if I could I would get rid of them all)
9%
Other
11%

Total votes : 70

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:55 am

Heloin wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:
It is possible.

It fits the timeline (you'd be the right age) and there was somehow a memory loss.

The Witch Queen is declared dead in this timeline though (officially). But it is possible that this is a lie by the authorities or there's a mix up.

One thing to say though, there are lots of women called "Annie" in this alternate timeline. However, few bear a royal last name.

Good catch! Someone is paying attention!

I was hoping the answer would be no they aren't the same. And I won't accept any answer other then a different version of me having killed Witch Hitler in that field after some duel.

its left open-ended

I created the scenario so there's a nod* to the Witch Queen lore but you don't have to interpret it one way or another

it changes nothing in any event, even if you are in reality the Witch Queen, you don't remember so you're basically a new person

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:57 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Because such a pathetic existence would be intolerable for me.

What if the treatment worked?

and you ended up in a mansion with servants and a noble title?

and you could host big parties with the fame you acquired as a nationwide mascot?

What medieval treatment can fix me shitting and pissing myself, and also fix my destroyed pride from not having my independence? Sorry, but the pond it is.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:57 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Heloin wrote:I was hoping the answer would be no they aren't the same. And I won't accept any answer other then a different version of me having killed Witch Hitler in that field after some duel.

its left open-ended

I created the scenario so there's a nod* to the Witch Queen lore but you don't have to interpret it one way or another

it changes nothing in any event, even if you are in reality the Witch Queen, you don't remember so you're basically a new person

Nope. She's dead. As in dead dead.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:57 am

The New California Republic wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:
What if the treatment worked?

and you ended up in a mansion with servants and a noble title?

and you could host big parties with the fame you acquired as a nationwide mascot?

What medieval treatment can fix me shitting and pissing myself, and also fix my destroyed pride from not having my independence? Sorry, but the pond it is.

in a world with magic, some impossible things are made possible

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:59 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:What medieval treatment can fix me shitting and pissing myself, and also fix my destroyed pride from not having my independence? Sorry, but the pond it is.

There are clearly limits otherwise I wouldn't be in this pathetic state.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:00 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:

There are clearly limits otherwise I wouldn't be in this pathetic state.

yes there are limits

but why not take the chance? some chance is better than no chance at all?

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:03 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:There are clearly limits otherwise I wouldn't be in this pathetic state.

yes there are limits

My corpse is now being pecked at by birds. Better fish it out of there.

And no. My pride forbids such a shadow existence.
Last edited by The New California Republic on Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wave on, wave on

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:05 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
yes there are limits

I'd argue that it varies, but more or less as is the case with people, our Pride takes a pretty habitual beating

this may be a bit of an extreme of course but still...

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:06 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
yes there are limits

So long as you allow the revolution to use your death as further justification against the king then godspeed. Right into the pond.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:07 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:My corpse is now being pecked at by birds. Better fish it out of there.

I'd argue that it varies, but more or less as is the case with people, our Pride takes a pretty habitual beating

this may be a bit of an extreme of course but still...

There is a limit, and this is it.

Wave on, wave on

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:07 am

Heloin wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:
its left open-ended

Nope. She's dead. As in dead dead.

in this timeline she's officially declared dead after Glass Box imprisonment

it's somewhat improbable that you are (in the hypothetical) THE Annie Holstadt (there are lots of Annies) but the pieces are there for you to connect if you're so inclined to. In any event, its not necessary to believe one way or another to consider the king's offer.

If you are the Witch Queen, you don't know it anyways. So just treat it as IRL you would (memories are likely not coming back)
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:09 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Heloin wrote:Nope. She's dead. As in dead dead.

it's somewhat improbable that you are (in the hypothetical) THE Annie Holstadt (there are lots of Annies) but the pieces are there for you to connect if you're so inclined to. In any event, its not necessary to believe one way or another to consider the king's offer.

If you are the Witch Queen, you don't know it anyways. So just treat it as IRL you would (memories are likely not coming back)

How many Annies are there?

Has there been a musical written about her?

I mean, it does seem like this Annie has had a hard knock life.
The Blaatschapen should resign

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:12 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

What’s hard knock mean?

There are lots and lots of Annies in this version. It’s about as common as “Alice” in the real timeline.

No musical yet.
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:13 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

That made my corpse laugh.

Wave on, wave on

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:18 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

Annie amount of Annies will do.

Seriously though, why Annie again? No, nothing wrong with that, but... I imagine that you might have a bit of a resentment over someone with that name.

With that said, I will and indeed feel some resentment and discomfort, but.... I will chance with the magic potion. That's 33% chance of me doing it.

Other 66% points to me offing myself. The idea of a magic potion is attractive, but I really don't think that I can live and survive in Medieval Europe, much less in a semi-vegetative state.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:20 am

Valentine Z wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:

Seriously though, why Annie again? No, nothing wrong with that, but... I imagine that you might have a bit of a resentment over someone with that name.

With that said, I will and indeed feel some resentment and discomfort, but.... I will chance with the magic potion. That's 33% chance of me doing it.

Other 66% points to me offing myself. The idea of a magic potion is attractive, but I really don't think that I can live and survive in Medieval Europe, much less in a semi-vegetative state.

Your hands are okay though

So things like reading, drawing, knitting, making crafts etc is still on

And you live in relative affluence (so I expect you could drink a lot of alcohol too)

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:23 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Valentine Z wrote:Annie amount of Annies will do.

And you live in relative affluence (so I expect you could drink a lot of alcohol too)

So the solution you've thought up to make this appealing to some who may not want to live like this is being an alcoholic in a nursing home?

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:25 am

Heloin wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

So the solution you've thought up to make this appealing to some who may not want to live like this is being an alcoholic in a nursing home?

It’s a mansion

Plus the fine vintage and luxury meals could be purchased with your money

You can dedicate yourself to arts and crafts etc

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:27 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Heloin wrote:So the solution you've thought up to make this appealing to some who may not want to live like this is being an alcoholic in a nursing home?

It’s a mansion

The food, sure... it's attractive, to be honest. But can you really eat well with that body? I feel those people that is like that outside, and my sympathies to them, but I'm quite certain that the enjoyment is negated by their semi-crippled bodies.

And... eh, not much of a drinker, anyway. I figured that I could take up writing, but... rather dead and have another afterlife when I don't even know who the hell I am.

At least, this is what I thought so far. I have amnesia, I am pretty lame and in a wheelchair, and my only saving graces are my hands. I can only write so many Magnum Opuses (Opui?) and maybe some music before I figured that I would struggle and struggle again. Also doesn't help that no matter the amount of magic, being wheelchair-bound in a Medieval Era is a horrible time and place.. What if your King was couped? And the another one not too nice on you?
Last edited by Valentine Z on Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:31 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

I laughed! :lol:

And, no. I will not help the king, I will not help anti-democratic efforts, and -- if there's a chance I'm Witch Hitler -- I hope there's room in NCR's pond. And, yes, Heloin, you can use me for the revolution.

Do you hear the people sing,
Singing the song of angry men?
It is the music of a people
Who will not be slaves again.
When the beating of your heart
Echoes the beating of a drum
There is a life about to start
When tomorrow comes!
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:35 am

Valentine Z wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:
It’s a mansion

The food, sure... it's attractive, to be honest. But can you really eat well with that body? I feel those people that is like that outside, and my sympathies to them, but I'm quite certain that the enjoyment is negated by their semi-crippled bodies.

And... eh, not much of a drinker, anyway. I figured that I could take up writing, but... rather dead and have another afterlife when I don't even know who the hell I am.

At least, this is what I thought so far. I have amnesia, I am pretty lame and in a wheelchair, and my only saving graces are my hands. I can only write so many Magnum Opuses (Opui?) and maybe some music before I figured that I would struggle and struggle again. Also doesn't help that no matter the amount of magic, being wheelchair-bound in a Medieval Era is a horrible time and place.. What if your King was couped? And the another one not too nice on you?

Hmmm

So let’s say you could choose between a crippled high born life... vs a peasant/commoner existence but with complete body?

What would you choose?

Would you not want to live as a peasant?

Risottia
Khan of Spam

Founded: Sep 05, 2006
Democratic Socialists

Postby Risottia » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:36 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:You are a young woman in medieval Europe.

One day you wake up in a comfortable bed. You are completely paralyzed from leg down and are confined to bed and wheelchair. You speak with an uncontrollable stutter and you find yourself being fed a ton of medications to survive because you have a rare medical condition.

Erm. :lol2:
Statanist through and through.
Evilutionist Atheist Crusadjihadist. Egli/Lui.
"Darwinu Akhbar! Dawkins vult!"
Founder of the NSG Peace Prize Committee. Should I restart the bugger?
SUMMER, BLOODY SUMMER!

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:38 am

Valentine Z wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:

I like the name Annie. It sounds really sweet.

In fact, if I ever decide to have a child or adoption, the girl would probably be called Annie.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:38 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Hmmm

So let’s say you could choose between a crippled high born life... vs a peasant/commoner existence but with complete body?

What would you choose?

I would say I think I have much higher chances as a peasant/commoner. Sure, I am not hopping around with the royalty, but... I think being able to move around freely helps a little more.
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:39 am

Valentine Z wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:
Hmmm

What would you choose?

I would say I think I have much higher chances as a peasant/commoner. Sure, I am not hopping around with the royalty, but... I think being able to move around freely helps a little more.

What about the manual labor?

And the lack of access to luxuries?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General